Princess Caroline's current and former homes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hrhcp

Royal Highness
Country
Canada
There used to be Herrenhausen in Hannover. Nice. I have been there. It belongs to the state now.

There is a big castle in the Harz area.
Then he has a vacation home in Kenya.
There is their new place in Croatia.
What happened with Caroline's place in St. Remi something in France near Monaco?
Where are his other hide-outs?

Does anybody have pictures they can post here?

Schloss Marienburg

Attachments

• Schloss_Marienburg2.jpeg
    Schloss_Marienburg2.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 5,270
Fuerstenhaus Herrenhausen

Apparently the Schloss (Palace) was destroyed in WW2 and never rebuilt. The Fuerstenhaus (translation please?) sits to one side.

Attachments

• Fuerstenhaus_Herrenhausen.jpeg
    Fuerstenhaus_Herrenhausen.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 5,376
The stable and continuing home of the family is in Fontainebleau near Paris.

Originally posted by haakon2@Sep 28th, 2003 - 12:40 pm
Fuerstenhaus Herrenhausen

Apparently the Schloss (Palace) was destroyed in WW2 and never rebuilt. The Fuerstenhaus (translation please?) sits to one side.
Fuerstenhaus means "Prince's House". Herrenhausen means "manor house" or "mansion". :)

Princess Caroline was seen with Charlotte this April in St. Remy doing some shopping. So this makes me think that they still have the home in St. Remy.

Monaco70s

http://www.fortunecity.com/victorian/statu...oss/gmunden.htm

Das Schloß Cumberland war ursprünglich Exilsitz des Königshauses von Hannover, das 1866 den Thron verloren hatte. Der Sohn des Ex-Königs Georg V., Ernst August ließ es 1878 im englischen Tudorstil erbauen. Ernst August trug seit diesem Jahr den Titel eines Herzogs von Cumberland, daher erhielt das Schloß seinen Namen.

1913 heiratete der Großsohn des Königs, Prinz Ernst August die einzige Tochter des Deutschen Kaisers Wilhelms II., Viktoria Luise, und bestieg gleichzeitig den braunschweigischen Thron. Von da an war Cumberland eine Art Sommeresidenz neben dem Schloß in Braunschweig. Alle 5 Kinder des Herzogspaares, darunter Friederike, nachmalige Königin von Griechenland, wurden hier geboren.

Nach der Revolution in Braunschweig ging die Herzogsfamilie zunächst nach Gmunden ins Exil. Heute ist das Schloß Cumberland ein Landeskrankenhaus.

from
http://www.tiscover.at/at/guide/5,de,SCH1/...hts/intern.html

Schloss Cumberland liegt 10 Minuten östlich von Gmunden an der Bundesstraße nach St. Konrad, Scharnstein.

Das schöne Schloss liegt auf einer Anhöhe, geschmückt mit einem Park und Promenadenwegen. Es wurde im Auftrag von Herzog Ernst August von Cumberland in den Jahren 1882 bis 1886 von Grund auf neu errichtet.

Attachments

• schloss_cumberland_gmunden3d.jpg
    schloss_cumberland_gmunden3d.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 4,286
I was wondering where the family spend their xmas and New year? In monaco or..??

Billabong: I was wondering where the family spend their xmas and New year? In monaco or..??

Monte Carlo: Caroline and her children usually spend New Year's in Lamu, Kenya. Ernst apparently owns a home there.

Marienberg Castle

Attachments

• marienberg.JPG
    marienberg.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,203
Entrance to Marienberg

Attachments

• marienbergentr.JPG
    marienbergentr.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,217
at sunset

Attachments

• marienbergsunset.JPG
    marienbergsunset.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 551
A room in the house in Lamu in Kenya

Attachments

• 1_k_room.JPG
    1_k_room.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,320
All of the furniture in the house in Lamu has been hand made by the locals.

Attachments

• 1_kbed.JPG
    1_kbed.JPG
    18 KB · Views: 1,096
Originally posted by King Christian@Feb 1st, 2004 - 8:59 pm
My future retirement locale ;)
Yes, that's a good place. However, you'll have to fight Lauren over that.

Dennism  Posted: Feb 2nd, 2004 - 1:32 am
(King Christian @ Feb 1st, 2004 - 8:59 pm)
My future retirement locale
Yes, that's a good place. However, you'll have to fight Lauren over that.
She can have the one turret at the entrance, and I can have the other .... privacy (yuh know). ;)

Which Royal House is prince ernst form? Its seems like he still own lots of properties in europe. Which part of europe his family used to rule?

Ernst is from the Royal House of Hannover, but he is also a prince of Great Britain and Ireland... Hannover is a city in Germany now, it used to be a Kingdom before Prussia took it over, but it is in Germany now.

Thanks!! So why is he also a prince of great britain and ireland? So is he the head of the royal house of hannover?

Originally posted by kittencrews@Jan 16th, 2004 - 2:43 am
Marienberg Castle
Great pictures, kittencrews, thanks a lot for them!
But isn't the castle called Marienburg not Marienberg?

Ha ha... yes it is Marienburg!! My bad...

He is prince of Great Britain and Ireland because he is direct descendant of King George III the throne's of England and Hannover were once combined then in the 1800's Salic law in England allowed Queen Victoria to take the throne but it didn't change for Hannover so they still had a male heir.

The law in Hannover is still the first born male that is why is older sister Maria is not the head of the house.

It's said that he has more royal blood than Charles... ha ha

Hi everyone !
I heard that Caroline has bought a new home and Monte Carlo. There are some pix on Brainpix, when she visits her new house but I can't see these pics. Can someone post them, please ? Thanks a lot ! :cry:

I watched last night in DW-TV ,a German channel, their show called euromaxx.
It has a report on Princess Caroline regarding living back in Monaco. One reason cited was to be closer to her family especially her father and it was mentioned there regarding relationships. Maybe settle something.

She was able to buy a house along the bay with 15 rooms. It was once owned or I think it was recommended by Karl Lagerfeld who is close friend of the princess. The house is very beautiful. It overlooks the ocean and its color is white.

Originally posted by paulette@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 5:18 am
She was able to buy a house along the bay with 15 rooms. It was once owned or I think it was recommended by Karl Lagerfeld who is close friend of the princess. The house is very beautiful. It overlooks the ocean and its color is white.
hmz...that sounds like the place where Charlotte will be having her coming of age ball...you can see the pics in one of forums in the Monaco category...i think it is someting about Charlotte's ball can't remember but it is somewhere around here ^__^

Back
Top Bottom