Princess Caroline's current and former homes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grimaldi´s flat in Paris

I would like to know where does Caroline usually live at the moment and which is the adress of Grimaldi family´s apartment in Paris, where Caroline was when Stefano died.

I've read that the Grimaldis have a flat in Avenue Foch, near the Arc the Triomphe.

ikers said:
and which is the adress of Grimaldi family´s apartment in Paris, where Caroline was when Stefano died.

If I'm not mistaken, that flat was next to or on rue de l'Université, in Paris 7ème arrondissement. No idea whether Caroline still keeps it.

covdm said:
I've read that the Grimaldis have a flat in Avenue Foch, near the Arc the Triomphe.

That was by the time Princess Grace was alive. Also until the mid 80's, when Stéphanie was still an enfant terrible, she apparently lived there too.

Yes, but maybe they have that flat also now...who knows.
I don't think that they have only one flat in Paris.
I have heard that Charlotte Casiraghi lives in Saint-Germain Quartier(rue Saint Andrè des arts) maybe Caroline has a flat near her so it's possible in rue de l'Université.

La Vigie was most definitely owned by the Grimaldi family. Prince Rainier bequeathed the villa to Caroline in his will.

Albert inherited both the Palace de Monaco and Roc Agel, the Grimaldi's country retreat on Mont Agel. I believe he also inherited Rainier's yacht and private jet.

Stephanie, while many think she got the short end of the stick, inherited the Grimaldi's New York City apartment/penthouse, the Grimaldi ski chalet in Gstaad, plus another Grimaldi home in Auron.

Each child also inherited a substantial amount of money from Princess Grace's estate upon her death. The Kelly family was/is very wealthy, and Grace maintained her own separate fortune, which was invested very well by Kelly attorneys in Philadelphia and New York.

Grace said:
Caro ... travels a lot and often spends time in Monaco
Wonder if she takes the TGV, or if she flies (between Paris and Monaco) ?

Johnnie said:
La Vigie was most definitely owned by the Grimaldi family. Prince Rainier bequeathed the villa to Caroline in his will.

Albert inherited both the Palace de Monaco and Roc Agel, the Grimaldi's country retreat on Mont Agel. I believe he also inherited Rainier's yacht and private jet.

Stephanie, while many think she got the short end of the stick, inherited the Grimaldi's New York City apartment/penthouse, the Grimaldi ski chalet in Gstaad, plus another Grimaldi home in Auron.

Each child also inherited a substantial amount of money from Princess Grace's estate upon her death. The Kelly family was/is very wealthy, and Grace maintained her own separate fortune, which was invested very well by Kelly attorneys in Philadelphia and New York.

In addition, I think Stephanie inherited the Avenue Foch apartment in Paris. Albert, I think, got Chateau Marchais near Paris; it's very huge, larger than Monaco.

Last edited:
all their homes together!i saw this article once and i was searching for it but i couldn't find it! tbhrc thanks a million:clap:

Mrs.Smith said:
I've just a little question, maybe it's already answered and I didn't get it:
I used to hear/read... that Caoline and her family live in Fontainebleau. Now for about 2 years I' ve read that she lives in Manoir du Mée in Mée sur Seine. Did she move, didn't we know where she actually lived or do people mean Mee sur seine when they say fontainebleau. As far as I know Mee is about between Paris and Fontainebleau, but not so close, that you could say Mee was a "suburb" of F, or something like than. I was just wondering...
A French could answer better, but what i know is that the mansion where she lives is near Fontainbleau.Mee-sur-Seine is the main city of the region Seine-et-Marne but Fontainbleau is bigger and more recognized.

yes they live in Le Mée sur Seine, very close to Melun & Fontainebleau, Alexandra is living there with her mother & her father when he is not traveling, sometimes charlotte, Andrea & pierre visit also le Manoir du Mée,
I live very close & often meet them, last time I met Caroline & Charlotte shopping in a shopping area Decatlon, baying sports & dance clothes for alexandra

Live Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst in Monaco?

Last edited:
Atene said:
Live Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst in Monaco?
No they live near Paris,but they often visit Monaco espec.for Caroline's duties there.

Here are some pics of their home in Fontainebleau:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

tbhrc said:
Here are some pics of their home in Fontainebleau:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I am surprised that the house is so closed to the road. I would have thought that it would be inside a park !

It looks like she's renovating

I guess they will be keeping this house for a while. It looks very pretty and huge.

I think I read somewhere that the Avenue Foch appartement of the Grimaldi's was sold long time ago.
The chalet is Gstaad certainly is not a Grimaldi property anymore. I saw it on a Belgian cookshow. They went all over the world to find good recipes.
In one show they made fondue in the former chalet of the Grimaldi's with the lady who lives there now.
Wasn't Carolines Paris appartment on the Avenue de la Bourdonnais near the Eiffel Tower?

Princess Caroline has an appartment at rue Cler near Eiffel Tower and many real estate agencies like this one Paris France Apartment Rental - Apartment (and many others if you google ''rue cler pss caroline'')refer to her as an advertisement for the area but there are no photos.

I think I read somewhere that the Avenue Foch appartement of the Grimaldi's was sold long time ago.
The chalet is Gstaad certainly is not a Grimaldi property anymore. I saw it on a Belgian cookshow. They went all over the world to find good recipes.
In one show they made fondue in the former chalet of the Grimaldi's with the lady who lives there now.
Wasn't Carolines Paris appartment on the Avenue de la Bourdonnais near the Eiffel Tower?

The apartment on Av Foch was left to Stephanie following her Fathers death as was his chalet in Zurs[?] or Lech[?] ... I wasn't aware they had a property in Gstaad?

There was a rerun of the cookshow this weekend on Belgian TV.
There is a former model living in the Gstaad chalet now. She said she's been living there for 18 years (the show was made in 2004) and that she bought it with furniture. It's a really beautiful chalet.

I don't think Rainier had a property in Zurs or Lech. Caroline goes to Zurs with her family every year, but they stay in Sporthotel Lorunser.
The dutch royals have a chalet in Lech.

Maybe the house in Auron in the French Alps that Steph built in the 90's was officialy Rainier's property and that he left it to her when he died.

Schooling?

yes they live in Le Mée sur Seine, very close to Melun & Fontainebleau, Alexandra is living there with her mother & her father when he is not traveling, sometimes charlotte, Andrea & pierre visit also le Manoir du Mée,
I live very close & often meet them, last time I met Caroline & Charlotte shopping in a shopping area Decatlon, baying sports & dance clothes for alexandra

Well done!

How did you come to be living so near to them, if one may ask?

Do you go to school with any of Caroline's children?

Are they nice ... approachable?

i know this is a little off topic since i think someone said that albert or stephanie inherited roc agel but does anybody know like what town its in or like how long it takes to get there from monte carlo

Please Bourronmarlotte, give us a clue...

Back
Top Bottom