Princess Caroline's current and former homes

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking the same thing Kitty. It seems like a security risk advertising where you live, although it may not make any difference with the press coverage that PC gets.

Totally agree with you and Kitty. And eventhough royals are always surrounded by bodyguards and security people, the truth is, attacks happen and, sometimes, the worst happens!!! :ermm: :sad: :ermm:

But presumably the crests must have been there for a considerable time, and therefore well-known ?

This is not the Grimaldi Crest and PC definitely does not live there - I guess, they advertise this holiday apartment with this false information to make it more valuable/interesting.

I read long ago the Grimaldi family had an appartment in Avenue Foch. It´s not near Camp de Mars and not in front of the Tower. At least when Caroline studied in Paris she stayed there. I don´t know if they still have it.

I had read that prior to Princess Grace's death she was planning on selling the Avenue Foch apartment and move to another. I don't know if Prince Rainier kept the Avenue Foch apartment or purchased another one. I also read that Princess Stephanie inherited her Father's Paris Apartment.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if their Manoir du Mée in Mée-sur-Seine (Caroline and Ernst's house in France) is sold?

Where does Prince Ernest August live the majority of the time? I know that he has many homes and that is very wealthy but where does he live the majority of the year?

Square De L'Avenue Foch

Princess Caroline, Princess Stephanie and Princess Grace once lived on Square De L'Avenue Foch. Princess Caroline was attending the university at that time. Grace had purchased a new apartment and was in the process of moving at the time of her death in 1982. This Square De L'Avenue Foch apartment was sold. (Some descriptions of this property state that it was a townhouse and not an apartment.)

I found a Christie's auction of a letter from Princess Grace. The letter header had the address for Grace's Square Avenue Foch apartment.

CHRISTIES: "An autograph letter, signed, from Princess Grace of Monaco, October 13th, 1977, on 18 Square De L'Avenue Foch, 75116 Paris headed paper, referring to a saga concerning a T.V.tape and stating ...I am very pleased however to know that the series was well received - with many apologies, Sincerely, Grace de Monaco and corresponding envelope"

The Avenue 18 Square De L'Avenue Foch is on a private street and the entrance is next to 82 Avenue Foch.

entrance for Avenue Foch Square

Avenue Foch

Aerial View of Square Avenue Foch

82 Avenue Foch which is next to the Square Avenue Foch entrance.

real estate map of Square De L’Avenue Foch

Grace, Rainier and Caroline walking their dogs on Avenue Foch

This real estate company has a listing of properties on Square De L'Avenue Foch. Currently No. 18 does not have a listing photo available but this website has pictures of some of the different buildings on that avenue.

pictures of apartment buildings on Square De L‘Avenue Foch

Last edited:
I'm wondering if these two will get a divorce at some point? I think it's a shame there's no clarity about this situation.

In a Paris Match from 1991, I've found an article of Caroline and Stefano visiting their yacht Pacha III when it was being restored in April 1989, it has some pictures of the (not finished) interior.
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Actually Pacha III looks quite similar to Deo Juvante, Onassis's wedding gift to Rainier and Grace.
They were both built by Camper& Nicholsons around 1930.
How cool would it be if Albert could buy his parents yacht back.
Pacha and Deo Juvante lying next to each other in Monaco's harbour, would be a great sight.

Last edited:
Sad that Stefano never got to see the finished product but the boat has been enjoyed by their children, Alexandra snd now his grandson, Sacha.

In a Paris Match from 1991, I've found an article of Caroline and Stefano visiting their yacht Pacha III when it was being restored in April 1989, it has some pictures of the (not finished) interior.

Actually Pacha III looks quite similar to Deo Juvante, Onassis's wedding gift to Rainier and Grace.
Pacha and Deo Juvante lying next to each other in Monaco's harbour, would be a great sight.

It's really a pity that Stefano never saw Pacha III. I had read that in 1991 (one year after his death) Caroline, her children and a good friend of Stefano went for a cruise,in his memory.

I had never seen the interior of Pacha. It's a very classic and "sophisticated" yacht. Is it possible to find some more pics, please?
Deo Juvante doesn't belong to Grimaldi family today?

Last edited:
Two more aerial pictures from the Monaco villa's of Stephanie and Caroline.
Left Stephanie's Clos-Saint-Martin, right Caroline's Clos-Saint-Pierre
(pictures found on the Royal Dish forum)

A glimpse of the garden of Clos-Saint-Pierre in the pictures of Vanina Mandelli's babyshower in 2010: http://lailustrecarlota.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/charlotte-en-el-baby-shower-de-vanina.html
and from when Caroline posed with Philippe: http://tinypic.com/r/dgl212/5
and with Stefano http://tinypic.com/r/11gt8pk/5

Glimpses of the interior in the 80's
http://tinypic.com/r/209shn8/5
http://tinypic.com/r/2nq642t/5
http://tinypic.com/r/256s4k3/5

And I found this picture of Caroline and the little Casiraghi's in a kitchen, but I'm not sure is it's the kitchen from Clos Saint Pierre
http://tinypic.com/r/339ogwp/5

Last edited:
The last picture is wonderful I have never seen it :) BTW, does Caroline live in Monaco now for good? or just partly?

Monaco seems to be her permanent residence now. She probably still visits her farm in St Remy occasionally. I am wondering if PC gave the manor at Fontainebleau to Charlotte. Both Charlotte and Gad have mentioned going to the French countryside on week-ends. Or maybe it is Charlotte's job to look after the estate.

Monaco seems to be her permanent residence now. She probably still visits her farm in St Remy occasionally. I am wondering if PC gave the manor at Fontainebleau to Charlotte. Both Charlotte and Gad have mentioned going to the French countryside on week-ends. Or maybe it is Charlotte's job to look after the estate.

I suppose that Caroline will give the manor at Fontainebleau to Alexandra, because there she stayed with Ernst. She bought this house for her marriage with Ernst

It's pretty surreal how close people can get to their houses. Not that there is anything weird about it but she could be chilling in her garden while we poor tourists gape at their stunning homes. Which they really are. I certainly did when I was in Monaco.

Two more aerial pictures from the Monaco villa's of Stephanie and Caroline.
Left Stephanie's Clos-Saint-Martin, right Caroline's Clos-Saint-Pierre
(pictures found on the Royal Dish forum)

A glimpse of the garden of Clos-Saint-Pierre in the pictures of Vanina Mandelli's babyshower in 2010: "LA ILUSTRE CARLOTA": *** CHARLOTTE EN EL "BABY SHOWER DE VANINA MANDELLI", SAINT-PIERRE ***
and from when Caroline posed with Philippe: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
and with Stefano Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Glimpses of the interior in the 80's

And I found this picture of Caroline and the little Casiraghi's in a kitchen, but I'm not sure is it's the kitchen from Clos Saint Pierre

Wonderful photos, especially the ones of Caroline in the 80's! I loved the picture of Caroline with her beautiful black shepherd Onyx. Gorgeous!:whistling:

A little confused about the baby shower photos...they were from 2010? So Charlotte and all the women guests were apparently sporting pregnancy tummy pillows?:p

Thanks, cdm!

caroline´s houses are wonderfull, I like them

Pictures from the garden of Clos Saint-Pierre.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/74/e5/33/74e53338dd523c531f8bf95a93103dd6.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/fd/80/3d/fd803dd540f6bb253ee4423384b7f552.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/ad/11/c7/ad11c74796eea8537bb194983f4ed2e4.jpg

I found them on pinterest and think they are from the book Dans les jardins des Grimaldi.

A nice aereal view (it's an older picture as the greenhouse on the left side isn't there yet) https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/ac/4b/8b/ac4b8bef51bc03093004e4c792c9662a.jpg

Has anyone ever seen a picture of Clos Saint-Pierre during the time Prince Pierre was living there?

Last edited:

Oh, dear cdm, thank you so much for these pics!! Pacha III is really a very classic and stylish yacht!!
Nice wish for Albert bying Deo Juvante. As I have read, Deo Juvante has been sold to a cruise company and now it' s in Central America, I think near Bahamas.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrxKpJ8kBB0

you see the home of Caroline .. but also the house that was once Stephanie

Ici Paris claims that Caroline and Ernst residence in Melun is for sale.

Back
Top Bottom