Princess Caroline's Alopecia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Caroline driving her VW bus:

1 2

She reminds me of Demi Moore in GI Jane Some woman are beautiful no matter what. Even bald. She handled herself with so much dignity and maintained her self-esteem. I'm sure this added to her attractiveness.

Mahoogie said:
From what I know and read, Alopecia,like baldness, could be caused by genetics or heredity..Caro's bro, Prince Albert is a bald man, even in his younger years right??.There's a probability that its in their genes to lose hair, which they got from either their Grimaldi roots or the Kellys..

I read somewhere that Grace use to wear toupees, because her hair wasn't really flowing, but she was fantastically beautiful all the same.

I really can´t deny she suffered alopecia, but let me tell you that from the very first time I saw Princess Caroline´s pictures with no hair I thought to myself that she just had decided to shave her head. Just because she wanted to. Maybe to keep a promise, maybe to make a bet, maybe to demonstrate something, maybe to start a new period of her life... I can assure nothing, but I really dont join that no-haired appearance with any illness. What do you think?

koko said:
I really can´t deny she suffered alopecia, but let me tell you that from the very first time I saw Princess Caroline´s pictures with no hair I thought to myself that she just had decided to shave her head. Just because she wanted to. Maybe to keep a promise, maybe to make a bet, maybe to demonstrate something, maybe to start a new period of her life... I can assure nothing, but I really dont join that no-haired appearance with any illness. What do you think?
Have a look on the pic post 25. You can clearly see her scalp and it is not all covered by hair. It really looks like there is a problem

Tosca said:
I read somewhere that Grace use to wear toupees, because her hair wasn't really flowing, but she was fantastically beautiful all the same.

Yes, but that didn't have anything to do with hair loss.

Grace occasionally wore hairpieces to grand occasions to look as if she had long, luxuriant hair, as did many women at the time.

There is something I don't understand : if Caroline shaves her head, then her hair should grow back in all places at once. In the picture posted by THHRC (post #25) she is bald in front and has patches in the back of her head.

With some forms of alopecia, the hair loss is not uniform - hair can grow in some places and not in others. Perhaps she felt it was better to shave it all off to maybe encourage more even re-growth.

koko said:

sorry cant see it myself , caroline shaving her hair off for a bet or demonstrate somthing !! , I think it was all due to alopecia.

sm1939 said:
sorry cant see it myself , caroline shaving her hair off for a bet or demonstrate somthing !! , I think it was all due to alopecia.
Yes, it was, she was adviced for some doctors to shave and then made a strict treatment with lotions and massages, because she had lost a lot of hair.

tbhrc said:
Princess Caroline driving her VW bus:

1 2

I haven't seen these 2 pictures in a long time. She is so naturally beautiful - It would be hard for that woman to look ugly, wouldn't it!

DianeE

rosana said:
Yes, it was, she was adviced for some doctors to shave and then made a strict treatment with lotions and massages, because she had lost a lot of hair.

as I said it was all to do with alopecia. thats why she shaved not because of something else !!!

Ok, people. I just wanted to express my point of view about her hair-lose, but I admit your answers are convincing. I expect I haven't hurt or annoyed anyone. Sorry, if so.

koko said:
Ok, people. I just wanted to express my point of view about her hair-lose, but I admit your answers are convincing. I expect I haven't hurt or annoyed anyone. Sorry, if so.

not at all !!

Here is one clipping of her with no hair and a pic of her wearing a wig

Pic

Well I don't think so. Since 1996 I have never noticed something like this again. Well her life is well ordered, there have been some tough times, like Rainiers death and some other incidents ;) but she seems to enjoy her life and her family. No more stress so far.... hehe... But I have really no clue....

BTW what I always wanted to ask, in these pics (No.2 & No.3), do you think she is wearing a wig?

I think all could be wigs (I don't know) but perhaps the last pic shows her with her real hair. :huh:

This was in today's New York Post:

WHICH European princess managed to keep her breast cancer secret many years ago? The brave beauty lost all her hair from chemotherapy but blamed her baldness on alopecia.

This was in today's New York Post:

WHICH European princess managed to keep her breast cancer secret many years ago? The brave beauty lost all her hair from chemotherapy but blamed her baldness on alopecia.

I never know how reliable 'blind items' are. I remember at the time, there being speculation that it was cancer, although that was denied by the family. If this is true, then it is very sad. :sad:

The Saturday New York Post came right out and said that it was Princess Caroline who was battling breast cancer when she lost her hair. I remember very distinctly that the Palace denied that the Princess had cancer during this bald period. I have mixed feelings about this...Caroline's passion for privacy is well known and I understand if she wanted to deal with her health issues privately. But think of how much awareness and how many people she could have inspired if she had gone public...this courageous and famous woman battling this dreaded disease and still going about her public responsibilities and raising her young children...all the while looking stylish and beautiful with those turbans!

But I am still not convinced the cancer story is true.

The article from Saturday also said that the Princess is going through a difficult menopause and is depressed.

Last edited:
I also read the blind item in the Page Six column in the New York Post of today ---
If Caroline has battled breast cancer. it is so tragic;however, maybe if she had revealed that she had cancer she could have become a spokeswoman for the cancer cause and provided a lot of publicity for the fight against cancer.
But I can understand her need for privacy.

She didn't look a bit as a person dealing with cancer. She looked very healthy, except for the "bald thing",

I think she showed a lot of courage and that even bald, she was beatiful. She IS beatiful. :)

Vanesa.

I do not know that Princess Caroline of Monaco once suffer from alopecia.
Even though she was bold she had courage and did not let it stop her from livining her life.

She didn't look a bit as a person dealing with cancer. She looked very healthy, except for the "bald thing",

I think she showed a lot of courage and that even bald, she was beatiful. She IS beatiful. :)

Vanesa.
She DID look healthy --- good point.

I kind of believe that she would do that, but why say Alopecia? What is the shame is being bold about the fact that you had cancer, battled it, and survived it. Also if this is true, it's a pity she continues to smoke...

When I saw that in Page 6, I was like wow...

I kind of believe that she would do that, but why say Alopecia? What is the shame is being bold about the fact that you had cancer, battled it, and survived it. Also if this is true, it's a pity she continues to smoke...

When I saw that in Page 6, I was like wow...

It's because smoking is a serious addiction, and is hard to break when you have been doing it as long as Caroline has.

My mother underwent a mastectomy for breast cancer in June 1985. I was convinced that she would change her life and stop smoking after that, but to this day she still smokes like a fiend.

It's sad and it's a shame.

I am sort of convinced. I don't know why though.

In my opinion, she never looked like someone going through chemotherapy.

Breast cancer is not caused by smoking cigarettes.

Glistening Seas

:eek: that happened along time ago. They say Caroline smokes a great deal and her husband too. It would be "impossible" for someone to smoke that much and have cancer and be alive today. don't you think?:popcorn::rainbow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom