The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Nobility

I know she did an interview on US tv at that time and wore a scarf around her head. She still looked beautiful , of course. Also that she didn't wimp out of doing the interview while she didn't look her usual self is something I admire. I think we know she is a strong lady.

Old 05-03-2006, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lal
:) Doctors say they are not sure what exactly causes Alopecia
although many say it could be due to stress. There are 3 types of Alopecia: areata, totalis, or universalis. Alopecia is not prejudice nor does it occurr in a particular age group. It can affect men, women, and children. I have known children to be affected at the age of 3 years. Also, any race has the possiblity to getting it. Sometimes your hair will grow back or sometimes not. Sometimes it may grow back with your natural hair color or it may grow back white. It can afect a person's self-esteem. Family support is very important. At least it is not life threatening!:)
You are correct.

For the past ten years I have suffered from Alopecia Areata which comes and go when it pleases. It's an autoimmune disease whereupon my body attacks itself thus causing my hair to fall out. My bald spots are usually the size of a dime, and with the help of topical creams my my hair grows back within six months.

Alopecia is more common than most people realize. For many it is an embarrassing thing, but I have finally accepted my condition. Alopecia will be with me for the rest of my life and there is nothing I can do about it. The important thing is to follow doctors orders, stay healthy & happy, and not let it ruin my life.

:)

Old 05-03-2006, 08:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
You are correct.

For the past ten years I have suffered from Alopecia Areata which comes and go when it pleases. It's an autoimmune disease whereupon my body attacks itself thus causing my hair to fall out. My bald spots are usually the size of a dime, and with the help of topical creams my my hair grows back within six months.

Alopecia is more common than most people realize. For many it is an embarrassing thing, but I have finally accepted my condition. Alopecia will be with me for the rest of my life and there is nothing I can do about it. The important thing is to follow doctors orders, stay healthy & happy, and not let it ruin my life.

:)
:) I have been dealing with Alopecia for 20 years now. I began with areata to totalis to universalis. Along the way, it has made me a much stronger person. I have learned that beauty truly comes from within...:)
Old 05-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Courtier

Princess Caroline is that kind of woman that looks wonderful in every way, even when she had the apolecia, and that she's a strong woman that faced that not so happy fase of her life
Old 07-04-2006, 05:41 AM
Majesty

One more pic of Caroline in 1996:

(die aktuelle)
Old 07-04-2006, 06:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lal
:) I have been dealing with Alopecia for 20 years now. I began with areata to totalis to universalis. Along the way, it has made me a much stronger person. I have learned that beauty truly comes from within...:)
:) I too have alopecia areata and have had it for over 20 years, although I let it it ruin my life when I was younger I too have learnt to accept it. Now, when I feel a bald patch I tie my hair up just the same and get on with my day.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Gentry

Does anyone know if Caroline has any ongoing issues with alopecia? I have never noticed anything in any pictures but some of you probably have a better idea about this than I do. I have always assumed that it was a one time event in her life, but given the above comments, I am now wondering if she has any ongoing issues.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:05 AM
Majesty

Well I don't think so. Since 1996 I have never noticed something like this again. Well her life is well ordered, there have been some tough times, like Rainiers death and some other incidents but she seems to enjoy her life and her family. No more stress so far.... hehe... But I have really no clue....

BTW what I always wanted to ask, in these pics (No.2 & No.3), do you think she is wearing a wig?
Old 07-05-2006, 11:02 AM
Nobility

I believe she's not wearing,this must be her real hair...but i can't be sure.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:28 AM
Nobility

From what I know and read, Alopecia,like baldness, could be caused by genetics or heredity..Caro's bro, Prince Albert is a bald man, even in his younger years right??.There's a probability that its in their genes to lose hair, which they got from either their Grimaldi roots or the Kellys..

Old 01-29-2007, 04:23 AM
Majesty

Princess Caroline driving her VW bus:

1 2
Old 01-29-2007, 04:18 PM
Gentry

She reminds me of Demi Moore in GI Jane Some woman are beautiful no matter what. Even bald. She handled herself with so much dignity and maintained her self-esteem. I'm sure this added to her attractiveness.
Old 01-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoogie
From what I know and read, Alopecia,like baldness, could be caused by genetics or heredity..Caro's bro, Prince Albert is a bald man, even in his younger years right??.There's a probability that its in their genes to lose hair, which they got from either their Grimaldi roots or the Kellys..
I read somewhere that Grace use to wear toupees, because her hair wasn't really flowing, but she was fantastically beautiful all the same.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Aristocracy

I really canīt deny she suffered alopecia, but let me tell you that from the very first time I saw Princess Carolineīs pictures with no hair I thought to myself that she just had decided to shave her head. Just because she wanted to. Maybe to keep a promise, maybe to make a bet, maybe to demonstrate something, maybe to start a new period of her life... I can assure nothing, but I really dont join that no-haired appearance with any illness. What do you think?
Old 01-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko
I really canīt deny she suffered alopecia, but let me tell you that from the very first time I saw Princess Carolineīs pictures with no hair I thought to myself that she just had decided to shave her head. Just because she wanted to. Maybe to keep a promise, maybe to make a bet, maybe to demonstrate something, maybe to start a new period of her life... I can assure nothing, but I really dont join that no-haired appearance with any illness. What do you think?
Have a look on the pic post 25. You can clearly see her scalp and it is not all covered by hair. It really looks like there is a problem
Old 01-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca
I read somewhere that Grace use to wear toupees, because her hair wasn't really flowing, but she was fantastically beautiful all the same.
Yes, but that didn't have anything to do with hair loss.

Grace occasionally wore hairpieces to grand occasions to look as if she had long, luxuriant hair, as did many women at the time.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:19 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

There is something I don't understand : if Caroline shaves her head, then her hair should grow back in all places at once. In the picture posted by THHRC (post #25) she is bald in front and has patches in the back of her head.
Old 02-01-2007, 04:01 AM
Aristocracy

With some forms of alopecia, the hair loss is not uniform - hair can grow in some places and not in others. Perhaps she felt it was better to shave it all off to maybe encourage more even re-growth.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko
sorry cant see it myself , caroline shaving her hair off for a bet or demonstrate somthing !! , I think it was all due to alopecia.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm1939
sorry cant see it myself , caroline shaving her hair off for a bet or demonstrate somthing !! , I think it was all due to alopecia.
Yes, it was, she was adviced for some doctors to shave and then made a strict treatment with lotions and massages, because she had lost a lot of hair.

Tags
alopecia, bald, caroline, hanover, monaco, pictures, princess