Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 10 : Nov.2005 - Jan.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriella

Royal Highness
Country
United States
Welcome to the newest current events thread for Caroline and Ernst August.

You can find the previous thread here

Happy Posting!:)

I'm just wondering if any of you have already seen this picture showing Caro together with two of her husbands. It was published in "CHI" magazine #5 in Feb.1999.

The caption says moreless: "Princess Caroline of Monaco is hugging Prince Ernst of Hannover while her husband Philippe Junot is sitting next to them.
The picture was taken only a few weeks after Caro and Philippe's wedding, while the couple was being hosted at some friends of their's place in Provence"

Source: "CHI " (own collection)

http://www.supload.com

Can't see it. Could you or someone else please post the link of that pic? Thanks.... :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the link Tosca. Is it really Ernst, he looks so different. Much darker hair and the nose? I don't know?

tbhrc said:
Thanks for the link Tosca. Is it really Ernst, he looks so different. Much darker hair and the nose? I don't know?

Well, it was 17 years younger!:D unfortunately the photo isn't that clear:( , but the author of the artile assures it's Ernst.

I wonder if Caroline still thinks about Philippe? I think it's pretty safe to say that they no longer have any contact but I'm sure Philippe is still sometimes in the European gossip magazines and I have heard and seen photos of Caroline sometimes reading them. I wonder if she ever allows herself to think back to that time in her life and how she has explained it to Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre (Alexandra is still a bit young!)? She must still have photos from that time in her life. Does anybody know how she coped when she left Philippe and what they were like together as a couple from any books or magazine articles!? I would be really interested to read any extracts or quotes that you might have. Thanks a million! :)

budge9 said:
I wonder if Caroline still thinks about Philippe? I think it's pretty safe to say that they no longer have any contact but I'm sure Philippe is still sometimes in the European gossip magazines and I have heard and seen photos of Caroline sometimes reading them. I wonder if she ever allows herself to think back to that time in her life and how she has explained it to Andrea, Charlotte and Pierre (Alexandra is still a bit young!)? She must still have photos from that time in her life. Does anybody know how she coped when she left Philippe and what they were like together as a couple from any books or magazine articles!? I would be really interested to read any extracts or quotes that you might have. Thanks a million! :)

Philippe Junot likes to comment about Caroline and her family. It's safe to say that his views were sought by the mags, as he was once part of the family, but he doesn't have to comment when asked, the way I see it. He said that Caroline is "tough".... and she's even "tougher" now, like a man. He also doesn't say nice things about Stephanie, saying that she exaggerates in her choice of men. He did say that Caroline's dislike of Stephanie's men was not about snobbery bec. Stephanie doesn't have to look where she looks. As for Rainier, he said that Rainier thought of him "like a problem that one day will go away."

As for Caroline, she expalined in an authorized biography of her parents that their decision to get married at that time was just plain stupid and simple. Don't recall her exact words but something about being rebellious (her) and just wanting to have one big party (Junot).

Junot did say that if Rainier and Grace have not interfered, he and Caroline would have worked out their problems. As far as I recall, Caroline asked for her parents' help when ending things with Junot. Her parents knew that Caroline was very unhappy, but they didn't want to make the first move for fear of making another mistake with Caro (Grace in particular was so strict with her). It was also Grace who suggested that Caro file for divorce. She wasn't even thinking of divorce bec. Catholics don't divorce, but just try to make things work. Grace apparently told her daughter that religion is there to help people, not make them miserable.

Last edited:
budge9 said:

I read somewhere that Philippe wrote a long letter to Caro when Stefano died.

I wish I knew, the mag reported that he wrote a long letter to her, nothing else. Sorry.

monica17 said:
As for Caroline, she expalined in an authorized biography of her parents that their decision to get married at that time was just plain stupid and simple. Don't recall her exact words but something about being rebellious (her) and just wanting to have one big party (Junot).

Caroline said that when she was simply dating Junot, she had a lot of fightings with her parents, especially Princess Grace. Once, when quarelling, Princess Grace shout to her, "if he is so good for you, then prove it, MARRY him, or leave him" and Caro took up the challenge...... At this time mentalities were really different. If Caro had been allowed to live some time with Junot, she would neve have marry him, but she was directly dropped into the "big marriage story" and obligations...
As regards himself, she said the he stepped into this marriage, in the same way he would have attend "another big party", that's simple.

Problems started quite immediately. During their honeymoon in Taiti (or Marquises or Bora Bora, I'm not sure), he sold to the press the copyright of their honey moon pic coverage, of course without asking her....
For Caroline, Junot was just a mistake of youth, with big consequences because of her social status...

Wow!In the picture from CHI with Ernst and Caro hugging they look like they had chemistry all those years ago. I wonder if that's me seeing what I want to see or if they really may have had some undeclared feelings for eachother back then. Does anyone know what kind of friendship they had??

It has been said that back then Ernst had a crush on Caro, and Grace really liked him for his daughter, but Caro much prefered Philippe; anyway, Ernst himself dismissed the Grace rumor, and I personally think Ernst's attraction might have been made up or amplified to create a star-crossed lovers scenary for the couple, but maybe he really liked her, after all she was quite stunning at 20.

Kisses

really interesting to see those old photos of Caroline and Ernst. I had no idea they had known each other for so long!

pollyemma said:
really interesting to see those old photos of Caroline and Ernst. I had no idea they had known each other for so long!

The rumour says that when Caroline was in London for her baccalaureat studies, they had an affair, but very quickly she switched on Philip, maybe because Ernst was the "Perfect gender" for her mother, and at this age, Caro really wanted to be rebell, so she choose a kind of man reall opposite to her mother's wishes.

Romantisme also says that Ernst has never forgot Caroline, but he always found her married..... (like Ret Butler with Scarlett O'Hara in "Gone with the wind"....)
The tragedy on her life, has given to Ernst the "opportunity" to realise his dream and have Caroline for him.

Anyway, who knows how Caroline's life would be, if she had married EA at the age of 20....?
Would they be still together and happy as now???
Of course she would not have this wonderfull and magnificient Casiraghi trio.... but out of this who knows???
Strange question, try to reply my friends.

NEW PICTURES!!!! WOO HOOO

source: cover

the caption said the photos were from 24 oct 2005

Attachments

• CA1KYXLR.jpg
    CA1KYXLR.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 484
  • CA4HARG9.jpg
    CA4HARG9.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 444
  • CANUCNVT.jpg
    CANUCNVT.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 524
  • CAP8YX9R.jpg
    CAP8YX9R.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 542
Thanks kittencrews at this minute I wanted to post the same. here is the caption. Can someone translate it? Thanks.

LA PRINCESA CAROLINA DE MONACO Y SU MARIDO ERNESTO DE HANNOVER DE CACERIA EN CASTILLA LA MANCHA EXCLUSIVA AC / SLV / ©KORPA 24/10/05 CASTILLA LA MANCHA

fandesacs2003 that's interesting i never heard about their "affair" while she was in england... I read in two different biographies they were introduced by Grace because Grace found him to be the "most suitable" for Caroline but Caroline found him boring and never persued him! (EA boring?!?!?! *pfft*)

fandesacs2003 said:
The rumour says that when Caroline was in London for her baccalaureat studies, they had an affair, but very quickly she switched on Philip, maybe because Ernst was the "Perfect gender" for her mother, and at this age, Caro really wanted to be rebell, so she choose a kind of man reall opposite to her mother's wishes.

Romantisme also says that Ernst has never forgot Caroline, but he always found her married..... (like Ret Butler with Scarlett O'Hara in "Gone with the wind"....)
The tragedy on her life, has given to Ernst the "opportunity" to realise his dream and have Caroline for him.

Anyway, who knows how Caroline's life would be, if she had married EA at the age of 20....?
Of course she would not have this wonderfull and magnificient Casiraghi trio.... but out of this who knows???

hmmm...very interesting. i dont know...i still think its really awful that EA left his long time wife for Carolone.

Drinking again ?

Well, well, well, from that 4th picture there, it seems to me that Ernst-August has started drinking again....He should be careful, my cousin had the same illness, he started drinking again, result : he died a few months ago. Some people never learn.

Found a nice photo of Ernst:

ftdlwo.jpg

(yahoo news images)

alcohol

Mavyan said:
Well, well, well, from that 4th picture there, it seems to me that Ernst-August has started drinking again....He should be careful, my cousin had the same illness, he started drinking again, result : he died a few months ago. Some people never learn.

My God, you should be right...... he looks close to drink again..... This is very bad because last April we was near to death.....
I do not understand how people have so many thinks in this life and that they destroy themselves....
It's dramatical for Caroline if something happens.... Raise alone an orphan child again.

TRAGIC

Maybe he was pouring a glass of wine for Caroline. Hope so, anyway!

fandesacs2003 said:
My God, you should be right...... he looks close to drink again..... This is very bad because last April we was near to death.....
I do not understand how people have so many thinks in this life and that they destroy themselves....
It's dramatical for Caroline if something happens.... Raise alone an orphan child again.

TRAGIC
I think Ernst has had a tough go at life as well. He lost his brother and sister in law to suicide in the 80's. This must haunt him terribly. You know the what if's? or what could I have done to change it? Look how Grace and Stephanie's accident has haunted and followed her throughout her life, the only difference here is that Stephanie's seems to be more publicized but the same sort of pain eats you up & makes you want to destroy yourself.

fandesacs2003 said:

I've seen several old pics of ernst and Caro from the 80's and he was always looking at her even with his wife at his side at the time. I think Caro was someone he always wanted but could never have until later in life. When the opportunity presented itself he grabbed it and ran. Although Ernst and Chantal probably had a strong marraige in the begining I'm more inclined to believe that she was someone who he settled for. Your questions are good ones, I don't think they were destined to be together at a young age otherwise it would have fallen into place easliy. They were meant to live and learn many things before coming together IMO.

Hey! I was just reading the 'Grimaldi Jewels' thread and people have written that after Stefano died Caroline sold some of Grace's jewels and tiaras to pay off Stefano's debts. Does anybody know if this is true? If it is I'm sure it was a last resort but it does really make it look like the Grimaldi's had no real disposable money in 1990 which they are said to have a lot on today?! I mean it has been said that Caroline became a billionaire after Rainier's death. Does anybody know anything about this? Thanks.

lashinka2002 said:
I think Ernst has had a tough go at life as well. He lost his brother and sister in law to suicide in the 80's. This must haunt him terribly. You know the what if's? or what could I have done to change it? Look how Grace and Stephanie's accident has haunted and followed her throughout her life, the only difference here is that Stephanie's seems to be more publicized but the same sort of pain eats you up & makes you want to destroy yourself.

I did not know this events about his siblings.
When I say they destroy their life I do not mean that they do not have problems, this is impossible for any human being. I mean that EA has enough strong things in this life to grab in, Caro, Alex and his boys. Also he seems well integrated in Monaco family, and in good relations with his stepchildren. It's more pathetic and sad to see him destroyhimself like this, because out of this alcool problem he is quite near to have a happy life.
In opposite with Stephanie, who is still desperately looking for a "heart partner", to walk together in this life, this is sad for her, out of her children she is alone in this life.

fandesacs2003 said:
I did not know this events about his siblings.
When I say they destroy their life I do not mean that they do not have problems, this is impossible for any human being. I mean that EA has enough strong things in this life to grab in, Caro, Alex and his boys. Also he seems well integrated in Monaco family, and in good relations with his stepchildren. It's more pathetic and sad to see him destroyhimself like this, because out of this alcool problem he is quite near to have a happy life.
In opposite with Stephanie, who is still desperately looking for a "heart partner", to walk together in this life, this is sad for her, out of her children she is alone in this life.
I see what your saying. Ernst does have a strong family circle around him now that he should be celebrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom