Princess Caroline Pictures: 70s & 80s - Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me neither! She was almost blonde there! I always wondered why she stuck with a designer like Boham and now Lagerfeld and didn´t try others more often. I love Valentino.

Me neither! She was almost blonde there! I always wondered why she stuck with a designer like Boham and now Lagerfeld and didn´t try others more often. I love Valentino.
When she wore Dior (Marc Boan), she had a contract with Dior that she should wear only his clothes at her official appearances. That period she owned Dior's boutique in Monaco. When Boan left Dior (I think in 1989), Caro started wearing Chanel (Langerfeld) for her official appearances. Maybe she has a contract, too.

When she wore Dior (Marc Boan), she had a contract with Dior that she should wear only his clothes at her official appearances. That period she owned Dior's boutique in Monaco. When Boan left Dior (I think in 1989), Caro started wearing Chanel (Langerfeld) for her official appearances. Maybe she has a contract, too.

This is the first time I heard this, thanks.
When you say SHE owned a boutique, you mean herself, or the Princely family?

I never heard of any contract or boutique either, but who knows, you´re probably right. Maybe she has a share because of all the publicity she brings to the brand.

This is the first time I heard this, thanks.
When you say SHE owned a boutique, you mean herself, or the Princely family?
Not the princely family, only she and Stefano. Caroline in the 80s (and not only then, of course) was a fashion icon.

New to me, from the wonderfull Grace & Family tumblr, pictures from an interview with a very beautiful Caroline in 1972:
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8
part 9

I guess they were taken at the Grimaldi parisian pied-à-terre at the Square de l'Avenue Foch.

Last edited:
Gosh she looks like her mother princess grace in those pictures

New to me, from the wonderfull Grace & Family tumblr, pictures from an interview with a very beautiful Caroline in 1972:
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8
part 9

I guess they were taken at the Grimaldi parisian pied-à-terre at the Square de l'Avenue Foch.

I have never seen these, so thank you!!! I grew up in the 70's, I remember following Caroline in the mags, I thought she was so chic and beautiful (she still is!) And then when she married Junot, oh my friends and I read everything about that!!! Great memories:flowers:

I have never seen these, so thank you!!! I grew up in the 70's, I remember following Caroline in the mags, I thought she was so chic and beautiful (she still is!) And then when she married Junot, oh my friends and I read everything about that!!! Great memories:flowers:

I was very proud to have seen almost all Caroline's pictures have existed through the world.
But THESE no!
Bravo and thanks

I have never seen the whole set of pictures, just 2 or three of Caroline from this 1972 session...she was a stunning teen.

As for Grace what really amazes me is her appearance...she was barely 43 but she looked so much older and a bit shabby also. Caroline at 43 was much more youthful. Probably it's a matter of clothes choice, hairdo, but I can't help but notice how Grace aged badly.

I have never seen the whole set of pictures, just 2 or three of Caroline from this 1972 session...she was a stunning teen.

As for Grace what really amazes me is her appearance...she was barely 43 but she looked so much older and a bit shabby also. Caroline at 43 was much more youthful. Probably it's a matter of clothes choice, hairdo, but I can't help but notice how Grace aged badly.

At these years women dressed very oldish, and never casual, except when doing sports. Hairdos also where very "auntie" even for women less than 40years old.
But you are right, Grace aged badly, not in these pics, about 5 years from her death.

Grace was 53, 3 months from her 54th birthday, not 43 years old when she died, or do you mean in a posted photo? She just became heavy and dressed matronly. Clothing can age a person's appearance. Het skin was still quite good. Princess Caroline photographs so well no matter what she is wearing. Caroline inherited poise and camera charisma from her mother.

Last edited:
I meant when the pictures were taken. She was 43 in 1972. Yes it's true, fashion was very different back then and at 40 a woman looked much older then her actual age, but what really surprises me is the fast aging process that suffered Grace, she was still stunning in pictures from the late 60's when she was in her late 30's but after she hit 40 she went downhill. I checked some of the pictures on that site, tumblr and honestly I could hardly believe it was GRACE KELLY in some of these.....( late 70's -early 80's ).

Caroline is another story, she still looks very youthful, also helped by her slim frame .

I meant when the pictures were taken. She was 43 in 1972. Yes it's true, fashion was very different back then and at 40 a woman looked much older then her actual age, but what really surprises me is the fast aging process that suffered Grace, she was still stunning in pictures from the late 60's when she was in her late 30's but after she hit 40 she went downhill. I checked some of the pictures on that site, tumblr and honestly I could hardly believe it was GRACE KELLY in some of these.....( late 70's -early 80's ).

Caroline is another story, she still looks very youthful, also helped by her slim frame .

Yes Caroline still looks youthful. Maybe having a very young daughter helps. Even if she wears an odd gown she still carries herself with such confidence.

part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8
part 9

Since these pics are from her first interview (as the substitle says), is it possible to see this text? It would be very interesting to read it, to see her way of thinking, her dreams etc.
I see her mother Grace standing beside her daughter, looking very proud of her beautiful Ca(ro)line. Grace could never imagine how many difficulties her older daughter was to face.....

It is extraordinary how similar are bone structures,ears and lips of princess Caroline and Charlotte

part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8
part 9

These a pictures I have never seen before. How breathtakingly beautiful the Princess Caroline was when young. And she still is...

I honestly only need to look at these pictures of Princess Caroline to see exactly what her equally gorgeous daughter, Charlotte, will look like at each stage & age of her life. That's how much mother & daughter look alike. :flowers:

Caroline was a really pretty young woman the photos attest to that .... lovely gowns..

Caroline was a really pretty young woman the photos attest to that .... lovely gowns..
The pics of Caro in 1979 are from French Vogue edition of the couture collections that is in my archives.In as much as Caro is beautiful and can sport any garment with grace she has a formidable presence and the camera loves her.

The pics of Caro in 1979 are from French Vogue edition of the couture collections that is in my archives. In as much as Caro is beautiful and can sport any garment with grace she has a formidable presence and the camera loves her.

Jaya, you have the full layout Caroline did for the March 1979 edition of French Vogue (photographed by Cecil Beaton, yes?) in your possession? Oh my gawd!:ohmy: Have you ever posted those photos here or anywhere else? I have always wanted to see that entire layout. Will you please share?

Back
Top Bottom