The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Nobility

I had never seen this picture ..

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Old 11-25-2012, 01:10 PM
Serene Highness

Me neither! She was almost blonde there! I always wondered why she stuck with a designer like Boham and now Lagerfeld and didn´t try others more often. I love Valentino.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana View Post
Me neither! She was almost blonde there! I always wondered why she stuck with a designer like Boham and now Lagerfeld and didn´t try others more often. I love Valentino.
When she wore Dior (Marc Boan), she had a contract with Dior that she should wear only his clothes at her official appearances. That period she owned Dior's boutique in Monaco. When Boan left Dior (I think in 1989), Caro started wearing Chanel (Langerfeld) for her official appearances. Maybe she has a contract, too.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
When she wore Dior (Marc Boan), she had a contract with Dior that she should wear only his clothes at her official appearances. That period she owned Dior's boutique in Monaco. When Boan left Dior (I think in 1989), Caro started wearing Chanel (Langerfeld) for her official appearances. Maybe she has a contract, too.
This is the first time I heard this, thanks.
When you say SHE owned a boutique, you mean herself, or the Princely family?
Old 11-25-2012, 02:42 PM
Serene Highness

I never heard of any contract or boutique either, but who knows, you´re probably right. Maybe she has a share because of all the publicity she brings to the brand.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
This is the first time I heard this, thanks.
When you say SHE owned a boutique, you mean herself, or the Princely family?
Not the princely family, only she and Stefano. Caroline in the 80s (and not only then, of course) was a fashion icon.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Nobility

Hollandse Hoogte

Hollandse Hoogte
Hollandse Hoogte
Hollandse Hoogte
Hollandse Hoogte
Hollandse Hoogte
Hollandse Hoogte
Hollandse Hoogte
Hollandse Hoogte
Hollandse Hoogte
Old 12-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyanka View Post
What a beautiful photo, I've never seen this one before, thank you
Old 03-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Courtier

New to me, from the wonderfull Grace & Family tumblr, pictures from an interview with a very beautiful Caroline in 1972:
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8
part 9

I guess they were taken at the Grimaldi parisian pied-à-terre at the Square de l'Avenue Foch.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Courtier

Gosh she looks like her mother princess grace in those pictures
Old 03-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
New to me, from the wonderfull Grace & Family tumblr, pictures from an interview with a very beautiful Caroline in 1972:
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8
part 9

I guess they were taken at the Grimaldi parisian pied-à-terre at the Square de l'Avenue Foch.
I have never seen these, so thank you!!! I grew up in the 70's, I remember following Caroline in the mags, I thought she was so chic and beautiful (she still is!) And then when she married Junot, oh my friends and I read everything about that!!! Great memories
Old 03-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andolini View Post

I have never seen these, so thank you!!! I grew up in the 70's, I remember following Caroline in the mags, I thought she was so chic and beautiful (she still is!) And then when she married Junot, oh my friends and I read everything about that!!! Great memories
I was very proud to have seen almost all Caroline's pictures have existed through the world.
But THESE no!
Bravo and thanks
Old 03-05-2013, 05:46 AM
Gentry

I have never seen the whole set of pictures, just 2 or three of Caroline from this 1972 session...she was a stunning teen.

As for Grace what really amazes me is her appearance...she was barely 43 but she looked so much older and a bit shabby also. Caroline at 43 was much more youthful. Probably it's a matter of clothes choice, hairdo, but I can't help but notice how Grace aged badly.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talitha View Post
I have never seen the whole set of pictures, just 2 or three of Caroline from this 1972 session...she was a stunning teen.

As for Grace what really amazes me is her appearance...she was barely 43 but she looked so much older and a bit shabby also. Caroline at 43 was much more youthful. Probably it's a matter of clothes choice, hairdo, but I can't help but notice how Grace aged badly.
At these years women dressed very oldish, and never casual, except when doing sports. Hairdos also where very "auntie" even for women less than 40years old.
But you are right, Grace aged badly, not in these pics, about 5 years from her death.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Grace was 53, 3 months from her 54th birthday, not 43 years old when she died, or do you mean in a posted photo? She just became heavy and dressed matronly. Clothing can age a person's appearance. Het skin was still quite good. Princess Caroline photographs so well no matter what she is wearing. Caroline inherited poise and camera charisma from her mother.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Gentry

I meant when the pictures were taken. She was 43 in 1972. Yes it's true, fashion was very different back then and at 40 a woman looked much older then her actual age, but what really surprises me is the fast aging process that suffered Grace, she was still stunning in pictures from the late 60's when she was in her late 30's but after she hit 40 she went downhill. I checked some of the pictures on that site, tumblr and honestly I could hardly believe it was GRACE KELLY in some of these.....( late 70's -early 80's ).

Caroline is another story, she still looks very youthful, also helped by her slim frame .
Old 03-06-2013, 02:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I meant when the pictures were taken. She was 43 in 1972. Yes it's true, fashion was very different back then and at 40 a woman looked much older then her actual age, but what really surprises me is the fast aging process that suffered Grace, she was still stunning in pictures from the late 60's when she was in her late 30's but after she hit 40 she went downhill. I checked some of the pictures on that site, tumblr and honestly I could hardly believe it was GRACE KELLY in some of these.....( late 70's -early 80's ).

Caroline is another story, she still looks very youthful, also helped by her slim frame .
Yes Caroline still looks youthful. Maybe having a very young daughter helps. Even if she wears an odd gown she still carries herself with such confidence.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6
part 7
part 8
part 9

Since these pics are from her first interview (as the substitle says), is it possible to see this text? It would be very interesting to read it, to see her way of thinking, her dreams etc.
I see her mother Grace standing beside her daughter, looking very proud of her beautiful Ca(ro)line. Grace could never imagine how many difficulties her older daughter was to face.....
Old 03-16-2013, 11:50 AM
Nobility

Principessa Caroline e Karl Lagerfeld nel 1985

http://royalwatcher.tumblr.com/image/44651560686
Old 03-16-2013, 01:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyanka View Post
Principessa Caroline e Karl Lagerfeld nel 1985

http://royalwatcher.tumblr.com/image/44651560686

Their friendship goes back a long way. Interesting that the black & white theme seems to have been en vogue back then. Am I right in thinking that Caroline's outfit on this occasion included a long black skirt? - I remember seeing this in another pic recently.

Tags
70s, 80s, caroline, hanover, monaco, pictures, princess