Princess Caroline Pictures: 70s & 80s - Part 3

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same as here... I realize than my Mom was right when saying that we could have been sisters back then....:sad:

In the world there are three kinds of Princesses: Princesses by birth, Princesses by

http://i47.tinypic.com/2n24hz8.jpg:wub:

:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers: DEA :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:

In the world there are three kinds of Princesses: Princesses by birth, Princesses by marriage, and the Princesses of Monaco.... (Olghina di Robilant)

Last edited by a moderator:

I've always thought this series by Norman Parkinson, in the four different outfits she wore, was absoluteling magnificent - no other word for it. It's also notable for showing how much Caroline resembled her mother, as a young girl. It's always a great treat to see shots from this series, there were so many different ones.

Ohhhh my God, I adore these Official photos for her 18th birthday.:flowers:
When I was little girl, the magazine with those pics was at home. Unfortunately, I dont have it nowadays. I would love to get more of those pics. Please, can anyone tell me where can I find them ???

I've always thought this series by Norman Parkinson, in the four different outfits she wore, was absoluteling magnificent - no other word for it. It's also notable for showing how much Caroline resembled her mother, as a young girl. It's always a great treat to see shots from this series, there were so many different ones.
Thank you so much for posting these. :) I too would love to see more postings of early photos - I know I've said this before, but we need a photographic/biography book on Caroline to be published - this is long overdue. I thought when she turned 50 something might appear:sad:...one day perhaps..

Thank you so much for posting these. :) I too would love to see more postings of early photos - I know I've said this before, but we need a photographic/biography book on Caroline to be published - this is long overdue. I thought when she turned 50 something might appear:sad:...one day perhaps..

Yes indeed. A book of the many formal portraits alone would be spectacular. Any mags or publishers out there listening? A few mags made a bit of an effort for her 50th, but barely scratched the surface.

They 'might' be waiting for the 60th to present a fuller focus on her life. A lovely shot that one above, posted by queenofthelight. I have never seen it before, a nice touch of 'informalized' 70s-80s portraiture.

In the pictures above by Queenof thelight,,Caroline looks like a brunette version of Grace!!

In the pictures above by Queenof thelight,,Caroline looks like a brunette version of Grace!!

I completely agree with you. She looked so much like Grace as a teen. I think the Norman Parkinson series shows that especially well; of course, it doesn't hurt that in that series her hair is styled just like her mother's in her twenties. Same amazing cheekbones, and very similar in their delicate, perfectly chiseled features.

Rare pic of Caroline. But she looks gorgeous! The Grimaldi women are really lucky to have such great genes!

^Never seen that pic of Caroline. She reminds me of some Hollywood actress there. I can't remember who, though.

I think Caroline should have been a model in the late 70s early 80s she was so beautiful even more so that Charlotte and I have just come to that decision, but I dont know why:confused:

I think Caroline should have been a model in the late 70s early 80s she was so beautiful even more so that Charlotte and I have just come to that decision, but I dont know why:confused:

I agree with you, she was absolutely stunning. Charlotte is gorgeous too but, unlike her, Caroline seemed to have almost no bad angles whatsoever. Also, and I'm sure this comes from growing up directly in the spotlight, Caroline is more relaxed and, consequently, more expressive, in front of the camera.

I love those last pics, specially the first one! (wich i've never seen) thanks so much for posting them. She looks stunning!

I agree with you, she was absolutely stunning. Charlotte is gorgeous too but, unlike her, Caroline seemed to have almost no bad angles whatsoever. Also, and I'm sure this comes from growing up directly in the spotlight, Caroline is more relaxed and, consequently, more expressive, in front of the camera.
Thanx for your comments Selket, I totally agree with you about how she is more relaxed etc around the camera - you have hit the nail on the head IMO:flowers:

I couldn't really think of many other places to put this (but if there is a thread where this is more correct, feel free to move it) but I'm reading a probably little known book called "Hard Tails" by Arnaldo Cruz-Malavé and I came across a little passage (on page 46, if anyone cares to read it themselves ;)) about Juan Rivera (better known as Juanito Xtravaganza) and Keith Haring (the pop and graffiti artist who designed the "radiant baby") inviting Caroline over for dinner one night and serving her burnt arroz y habichuelas con pollo (rice and beans with chicken). Here it is:
Juan Rivera: And here I am taking a shower and feeling flawless, ‘cause everything is turning out just great, when I star smelling…burned rice! … And there I was en la cocina tó mojao, (all wet in the kitchen) ‘cause I’d rushed outta the bathroom, no shirt, no shoes on, being introduced to the Princess of Monaco, and feeling like the only pendejo… (Spanish speakers will know what that means ;))
Arnaldo Cruz-Malavé: Ha! Ha!.., And did they eat your food?
Juan Rivera: Yeah! And loved it! Princess Caroline ate the rice and beans…with Cristal! And she thought it was flawless!
I just thought it was interesting enough to mention. :flowers: Caroline was apparently good friends with Keith. The mural on the wall of the Princess Grace Maternity Hospital ("The Monte Carlo Mural" I believe it's called) was commissioned by Caroline in 1989 and in the same year he was made a Knight of the Order of Cultural Merit by Caroline. I believe she even wrote a small piece for his authorised biography by John Gruen, though I'd have to check. Anyway, for interest's sake. I've attached I a few photos of Caroline with Keith at the mural's unveiling in 1989 (there's an extra one that I can't recall the date of). :flowers:
Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3 - Pic 4

Last edited:
Lol, one only need to ask my family, friends, acquaintances, et al, to know how much Princess Caroline and her fashion sense have influenced me since my 20's, though Caroline is older than me. :)

To this day, I always think "what would Princess Caroline do or wear?" when it comes to getting dressed.

I hold her above else when it comes to dressing beautifully, appropriately, modestly, and splendidly!

Like I've always said, Princess Caroline is pure class. No other royal families, be it princely or royally, can touch her. In my humble opinion, of course.

She's a princess, a Queen, through & through ~ cultured, educated, speaks fluently at least 3 different languages, athletic, beautiful, aristocratic, impeccable pedigree, a lady ~ someone to be admired and emulated. :)

I couldn't really think of many other places to put this (but if there is a thread where this is more correct, feel free to move it) but I'm reading a probably little known book called "Hard Tails" by Arnaldo Cruz-Malavé and I came across a little passage (on page 46, if anyone cares to read it themselves ;)) about Juan Rivera (better known as Juanito Xtravaganza) and Keith Haring (the pop and graffiti artist who designed the "radiant baby") inviting Caroline over for dinner one night and serving her burnt arroz y habichuelas con pollo (rice and beans with chicken). Here it is:
I just thought it was interesting enough to mention. :flowers: Caroline was apparently good friends with Keith. The mural on the wall of the Princess Grace Maternity Hospital ("The Monte Carlo Mural" I believe it's called) was commissioned by Caroline in 1989 and in the same year he was made a Knight of the Order of Cultural Merit by Caroline. I believe she even wrote a small piece for his authorised biography by John Gruen, though I'd have to check. Anyway, for interest's sake. I've attached I a few photos of Caroline with Keith at the mural's unveiling in 1989 (there's an extra one that I can't recall the date of). :flowers:
Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3 - Pic 4

What a great anecdote! Thank you!

I doubt about the year as in 1989 pc had her hair long .the photos are older

I doubt about the year as in 1989 pc had her hair long .the photos are older
As the mural was created in 1989, there's no possibility that the photos are older. Newer, maybe, but definitely not older. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom