Princess Caroline Pictures: 70s & 80s

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great covers and pictures Ianna!

Recently I saw a picture of the cover of an issue of Hola from 1976, Caroline was on the cover with Henri Giscard d'Estaing. I couldn't believe how much Henri, at that age, resembled 'Felix.' (The boy we've seen pictures of with Charlotte.) And Henri married in 1984 and had a son in 1986, but his name is evidently Frederic.

I'm sorry I don't have the picture to attach, but has anyone else seen this cover and noticed the resemblence?

I found the picture I referred to in my earlier message and tried to upload it, it's a jpeg file. It wouldn't upload, said the file was too large. Probably very easy to correct, if you know how. (I don't!) Any advice?

Okay, here's the picture. Maybe it's just me, but I think he resembles Felix.

Attachments

• Caro1976.jpg
    Caro1976.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 1,148
Wow it does resemble Felix... great pictures thanks!

lea said:
Okay, here's the picture. Maybe it's just me, but I think he resembles Felix.
hahahah...he does!!! wow...Caroline looks abnit strange though...

I absoultely love this picture of Caroline:

HB36.jpg

that picture is absolutely adorable! Thanks for posting it! I have never seen it before.

Welcome to the site Katie Bee!

hm...i don't really think that picture does Caroline any favours she looks like a man...kinds of reminds me of Micheal Jackson hehehehe...but i think it is sweet that she is teaching them ballet ^___^

p.s. also welcome Katie Bee ^__^

Art Photo

Photo of Princess Caroline taken in 1983. by Andy Warhol (source; www.getty.edu)

..and then in full shine on cover of Vogue 1984.

Attachments

• Caro_warhol.JPG
    Caro_warhol.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 616
  • Vogue_84.jpg
    Vogue_84.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 500
I wonder sometimes if Caroline is eager to get the throne. Do you all think so. I don't know so I don't want to pass judgment.

Pic 1. Princess Caroline at 16
Pic 2. Modelling..different look..

Attachments

• At 16...jpg
    At 16...jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,961
  • Caro young.JPG
    Caro young.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 691
how long was Caroline's modelling career and whatever happened to it? I don't really like what she wore in the second picture but i guess that is fashion ^___^

Caroline was pretty with long hair... But anyway I don't think her features are as beautiful as Charlotte's.

Caroline certainly looked beautiful in the Junot years (1978-1980) and also in the Casiraghi era :)

Young and Beautiful Caroline

Beautiful Caroline !:)

Attachments

• 105.jpg
    105.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 761
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 3,942
  • 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 4,078
  • 58.jpg
    58.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,638
  • 87.jpg
    87.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 3,902
In my opinion Caroline as a teenager was more beautiful than either Charlotte or her mother Grace. To me, Grace didn't really come into her looks until her early 20's, when she bobbed her hair instead of wearing it long and curly, and simplified her style sense. As for Charlotte, I do find her extremely beautiful, but she does have her father's very square face and her grandfather's large protruding ears. Her full lips can also seem sometimes rather out of proportion to the rest of her face. Caroline was just exquisite in every way; she still is very striking - if not Quite so heart-stopping :)

I agree, completely. In my opinion, Grace was the most stunning of the three at the top of her beauty, but not as a teenager; as for Charlotte, we'll have to wait and see, but at the moment she is not as beautiful as her mother was, even if they are very similar.
Kisses

ETA: loved the jumping pic...

I also like that photo of Caroline in swimsuit..cute one..

Attachments

• 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,435
  • Family_skking Grace Albie caro.jpg
    Family_skking Grace Albie caro.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 389
  • Caro _15.JPG
    Caro _15.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,466
  • Skiing_gstad_75.jpg
    Skiing_gstad_75.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 568
  • POPE.jpg
    POPE.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 533
  • Carolina_shoulders.jpg
    Carolina_shoulders.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 3,526
I definetly agree with Grace! Princess Grace was the most beautiful of the 3 and Caroline was much prettier than Charlotte at her current age...I think Charlotte needs a change. Her mom experimented a lot in the 70s.

I think Caroline is the most beautiful but Grace and Charlotte are both just as beautiful but in different ways of course!!!

For me Charlotte is more beatiful than her mother and Grace (for the moment ).
I think that her square face make her prettier , because it´s different.
Well, all of her are gourgous.
Great pics for everyone!!!!!!

In my opinion, Princess was one of the most beautiful women in the world. She was perfect: beautiful, kind, nice, religious and always elegant.

Caroline was (is) very pretty too, but she's no so nice as her mother and her eyes are sad... But she seems a very strong woman.

I don't find Charlotte a very stunning girl... she's common, her lips are too big, but her hair is very pretty!

:)

i think charlotte's best feature are her lips and eyebrows. i hope when she gets older she won't thin her brows like her mother did. another thing, i belive when caroline was younger she dressed better then char does today, but char does have her moments when she looks great.

monaco70s said:
I definetly agree with Grace! Princess Grace was the most beautiful of the 3 and Caroline was much prettier than Charlotte at her current age...I think Charlotte needs a change. Her mom experimented a lot in the 70s.

I agree with Grace and Monaco70s. However a cousin of mine, during a trip to Montecarlo in the early 70's, had the chance to see the Princely Family. He said that Princess Grace was stunning, but he also said that Caroline wasn't so beautiful as she was portrayed in mags. He stated that she's more photogenic than beautiful. I never saw them in persn, but I think that Charlotte looks more childish than her Mom was at her age. I followed almost all the Caroline saga , since we are the same age.

Ciao!

I think as a teenager maybe Caroline was more photogenic than really beautiful, but later on she became more and more beautiful...that's why I think we have to wait some more years for Charlotte, she might become stunning as well (but I respect all those who think she is already wonderful, after all it's alla a matter of taste).

A friend of mine met Caroline and Stefano in Sardinia, in mid-80s, and she said they were one of the most stunning couple she had ever seen: they made everybody turn their heads even before people reognized them...I think Caroline's looks improved with tima, and in the mid-80s she was at her best.

Kisses

Talking abot beauty, I have to say that Grace had that classic beauty in every way you look..She was as her name says.. so graceful, charming, stylish..

Opposite, Caroline and Charlotte inherited exotic beauty..dark hair..dark blue eyes..darker tan..I find Charlotte as most beautiful of all three as child..little cutie..

But talking in this days..Charlotte was stunning when she was 15, 16 years old (remember those photosJ), more than Caroline in her age..but nowadays she has that common beautiful look and not so attractive as Caroline's in her 18, 19s...maybe because Char's fahion rule is to be simple and chic, while Caroline was opposite- showing her beauty in all glory in that elegant evening gowns, attractive make up in her disco era nightlife..As mother she was really soo beautiful, while for Charlotte will have to wait..

In conclusion, it's really hard to put a strong line between them..each of them has something unique that makes her special for each generation that come.

Last edited:
I agree with you Tosca, Grace, and Ianna. Caroline did improve as time went by...I think Caroline was beautiful when she was married to Phillipe (1978-80) and during the Casiraghi years.

Charlotte def. like Ianna said was stunning when she was 14-16, more than Caroline, but right now she isn't very stunning.

I guess everyone has different opinions.

And Tosca wow you've been a fan so many years! That's awesome!

I think that Caroline is more beautiful than Charlotte.....I don´t know why..but, Caroline´s face is more harmonious than Charlotte......

I agree, Nathalian. I think that Charlotte is very striking and extremely attractive, but when Princess Caroline was around the age Charlotte is now, she was breathtakingly beautiful (and in my opinion, still a very lovely woman).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom