Princess Caroline Pictures: 50s & 60s - Part 2

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tbhrc said:
I found this at ebay. The seller claims that this is an original announcement of her birth with a picture of her that I have never seen before. Here is the link to ebay, and here the announcement with that pic:

Click here
I'm not sure if this is a real photo of the new born Princess Caroline, also because I have not seen it before and because of the quality of the picture. We have seen many others that looked very different from that, that could be a baby picture from the 1970s or even 1980s. The documents can be real, but I can't imagine that it's also a real picture of her.

I don't think that it is Caroline on the ebay pic. Just because I don't trust in ebay-sellers. You can sell everything at ebay, no matter if it is fake or original. I even heard that somebody has tryed to sell the moon at ebay:lol: not sure if i should believe that.

Here is a pic of Caroline with Jackie and Caroline Kennedy:
Taken in the late 1960's, the photo shows, in a limousine just outside of 1040 Fifth Avenue, Jacqueline Kennedy, Princess Caroline of Monaco, Jackie's daughter Caroline, and in the next seat up, the back of John Jr.'s head, and the back of Princess Grace of Monaco. The group was on their way out to lunch.
http://i17.tinypic.com/4p2hsvr.jpg

Great finding, tbhrc, thanks for posting! :)
If Caroline had not worn her special and well-known hairband, it
would have been difficult to identify which Caroline was sitting where ;)
It's great that they met - children from such special families in the spotlight..

I think when Jackie was married to Onassis, she and her children spent often part of their summers with the Grimaldis (who went to Skorpios several times I think...)

I think when Jackie was married to Onassis, she and her children spent often part of their summers with the Grimaldis (who went to Skorpios several times I think...)

How interesting ! I wonder if there are other pictures...

Great finding! I had never seen a pic of both families together also, only of Grace with Jackie in Seville in 1966 and on the White House visit. I guess this picture is a proof that the "rivalry" amongst Grace and Jackie that was reported in the press back then and still is at times isn't true at all. I'm not sure if the Grimaldis went to Skorpios when Jackie was married to Aristotle, but the later did go to Monaco during the 70s.

I think by Caroline's hairband and both hairstyles of Jackie and Grace the pic is from 1966.

Last edited:
This is what I found in a book I purchased in a used books bookstore where I always seem to discover books on the Monaco family I never knew existed. Of course, I don't know if the book has any credibility, although it seems well-researched with no glaring inaccuracies I could spot.

"Princess Caroline was always wanting to meet Caroline Kennedy. At the age of eight, they had a playdate in New York's Central Park. The troll doll she received for her tenth birthday from the President's daughter would be her favorite present that year.(...) In later years Caroline would dine and go to discos in New York with Bobby Shriver, Jr., a Kennedy relative and pal."

From : Caroline and Stephanie. The daughters of Princess Grace. Susan Crimp and Patricia Burstein. St Martin's Press. New York. 1988

Caroline Kennedy is exacly 10 months younger than her homonymous Princess, in fact Caroline K was born on the 23th November 1957.

Thanks iloveroyals and Tosca for that info :) So maybe the picture is from 1966 afterall and from that ocassion. I remember Caroline once interviewed Ted Kennedy Jr. for a magazine in the early 80s.

I have just found this pic of Caroline with Albert. I don't know if it has already been posted.
I love it!
MediumPhoto

A cute baby picture of Princess Caroline:

Pic

Caroline Kennedy is exacly 10 months younger than her homonymous Princess, in fact Caroline K was born on the 23th November 1957.

Actually Caroline K. was born on 27th November 1957. Either way, it's a bit of an ironic date considering her father died on the 22nd. John jr.'s birthday was on the 25th of November.

Last edited by a moderator:
In that picture that Princess Caroline is going into a car with Princess Grace, she looks exactly like her daughter Charlotte. I had to look twice to make sure!

Caroline was a beautiful little girl, always well dressed for every occasion. It´s not surprising that her daughter Charlotte inherited both her beauty as well as her sense of style.

Oh! It's a wonderful picture...

I found this at ebay. The seller claims that this is an original announcement of her birth with a picture of her that I have never seen before. Here is the link to ebay, and here the announcement with that pic:

Click here

OMG queenofthelight, you have an amazing collection.Thank you for sharing it with us.

Thanks for your words. I liked Caroline so much when she was a little girl, so cute!)

Your photos are great.Congratulations,queenofthelight.:clap:The harbour of Monaco is so beautiful and Rainier is so happy

I love this pic from your last list, queenofthelight.

It's a perfect pic of a proud new father: Happily smiling and having tears
in his eyes at the same time :) I think the lady next to him is Princess
Antoinette, isn't it?!

Back
Top Bottom