Princess Caroline Current Events Part 3: January 2014 - December 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to part 3 of the thread to discuss the current events of Princess Caroline.

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Caroline Current Events Part 2: October 2010 - December 2013 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy posting! :flowers:

She looks better than ever! :D maybe because she's grandmum now? ;-)

Last edited:
Caroline turned 57 on January 23rd and she looks fabulous.

Yesterday, February 18, Princess Caroline visited the 'Richard Artschwager' exhibition held at the 'New National Museum' in Monaco. The exhibition runs from February 20 to May 11, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

I like that wine red color on her!

Caroline's been looking wonderful in recent months. What with Charlene also looking stunning lately, I have high hopes for the Rose Ball next month.

She does indeed look very well and happy.
Does anyone know whether the number of her official engagements has increased lately? Just that she seems to be coming to my attention more often than formerly...

Caroline's been looking wonderful in recent months. What with Charlene also looking stunning lately, I have high hopes for the Rose Ball next month.

Same here. Nothing like seeing Europe's most glamorous princesses all in one room!;)

On May 8 Princess Caroline has received French Buddhist monk Matthieu Ricard at the Princely Palace in Monaco:

** Pic **

Honestly, Princess Caroline is the greatest, I really love her.
What a fascinating and unique person is French Buddhist monk Matthieu Ricard ,the "happiest person in the world"!!!!
How many people in the world even know who he is?
Born in Aix-les-Bains, Savoie, France, he is the son of the late Jean-François Revel (born Jean-François Ricard), a renowned French philosopher. His mother is the lyrical abstractionist painter Yahne Le Toumelin. Matthieu Ricard grew up among the personalities and ideas of French intellectual circles.[1]
He worked for a Ph.D. degree in molecular genetics at the Pasteur Institute under French Nobel Laureate François Jacob. After completing his doctoral thesis in 1972, Ricard decided to forsake his scientific career and concentrate on the practice of Tibetan Buddhism.
He lived in the Himalayas studying with the Kangyur Rinpoche and some other great masters of that tradition and became the close student and attendant of Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche until Rinpoche's death in 1991. Since then, Dr. Ricard has dedicated his activities to fulfilling Khyentse Rinpoche’s vision.
Ricard’s photographs of the spiritual masters, the landscape, and the people of the Himalayas have appeared in numerous books and magazines. Henri Cartier-Bresson has said of his work, "Matthieu’s spiritual life and his camera are one, from which springs these images, fleeting and eternal."
He is the author and photographer of Tibet, An Inner Journey and Monk Dancers of Tibet and, in collaboration, the photobooks Buddhist Himalayas, Journey to Enlightenment and Motionless Journey: From a Hermitage in the Himalayas. He is the translator of numerous Buddhist texts, including The Life of Shabkar.
The dialogue with his father, Jean-Francois Revel, The Monk and the Philosopher, was a best seller in Europe and was translated into 21 languages, and The Quantum and the Lotus (coauthored with Trinh Xuan Thuan) reflects his long-standing interest in science and Buddhism. His 2003 book Plaidoyer pour le bonheur (published in English in 2006 as Happiness: A Guide to Developing Life's Most Important Skill)[2] explores the meaning and fulfillment of happiness and was a major best-seller in France.
He has been dubbed the "happiest person in the world" by popular media.[3][4][5] Matthieu Ricard was a volunteer subject in a study performed at the University of Wisconsin–Madison's on happiness, scoring significantly beyond the average obtained after testing hundreds of volunteers.[4]
He co-authored a study on the brains of long-term meditators, including himself, who had undergone a minimum of three years retreat.[6]
A board member of the Mind and Life Institute, which is devoted to meetings and collaborative research between scientists and Buddhist scholars and meditators, his contributions have appeared in Destructive Emotions (edited by Daniel Goleman) and other books of essays. He is engaged in research on the effect of mind training on the brain, at Madison-Wisconsin, Princeton and Berkeley.
He received the French National Order of Merit for his humanitarian work in the East[vague]. For the last few years,[when?] Dr. Ricard has dedicated his effort and the royalties of his books to various charitable projects in Asia, that include building and maintaining clinics, schools and orphanages in the region. Since 1989, he has acted as the French interpreter for the Dalai Lama.[1]

Thank you, ahzroc, for that detailed summary of such a wonderful person, Mr. Ricard.

My admiration for Princess Caroline has just gone up a notch. She never fails to surprise me with her intellect and many passions. She's certainly a well that runs deep...

Thank you, Nadine.
I feel the same way...

ps-
I have always loved, and been inspired by your quote! We would all do well to remember it

On May 8 Princess Caroline has received French Buddhist monk Matthieu Ricard at the Princely Palace in Monaco:

** Pic **

Its interesting to see that Caroline has a wide and varied range of interests.

Last edited:
Aren't her trousers a little bit too short???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again, as she has for virtually her entire life, here is Princess Caroline holding the banner high for Monaco's great Cultural Heritage...and 'les Ballets a Monaco' being one of the greatest. I will be sure to purchase this...Bravo to her ...she is "sui generi"!!!

What a lady... :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom