Princess Caroline & Vincent Lindon

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsieh

Aristocracy
City
Country
Antarctica
what made caroline and vincent lindon break up? i don't find much about their romance on the internet.

According to certain press they broke up because of the Italian actress Sabrina Ferilli, who Vincent was starring in a film with.

Sabrina at the Venice Film Festival a couple of years ago. ( from libero)

Attachments

• venezia_sabrina_ferilli_020903.jpg
    venezia_sabrina_ferilli_020903.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 6,359
Oh I didn't know that Tosca. In the summer I read Vincent was starring in a new movie in France. Don't recall the name right now but it seemed like an interesting movie to watch.

monaco70s said:
Oh I didn't know that Tosca. In the summer I read Vincent was starring in a new movie in France. Don't recall the name right now but it seemed like an interesting movie to watch.

I guess it was " Tout ça pour ça" by Claude Lelouch.
They also starred in an Italian movie whose title was "Vite strozzate".
Anyway, don't forget that those were just speculations. Sabrina never told anything about it.

Ciao, so happy to meet you online again!:) :) :)

Oh thanks for the info, well I guess it was my mistake but I wanted to say his new movie was from Summer 2005. I'll look for the magazine sometime soon.

monaco70s said:
Oh thanks for the info, well I guess it was my mistake but I wanted to say his new movie was from Summer 2005. I'll look for the magazine sometime soon.

Sorry, Monaco70's, I don't know anything about his new film.:confused: Vincent has almost disappered from our society news since he and Caro broke up. Ciao!

Thanks tbhrc for the info! I didn't know he was the great-grand-nephew of my...car!:D :D :D

Yeah he has dissappeared a bit, like Phillipe Junot too but at times I read stuff about both of them lol

Tosca said:
According to certain press they broke up because of the Italian actress Sabrina Ferilli, who Vincent was starring in a film with.

( from libero)

From another source (a book on Rainier and Grace), it was said that Rainier imposed a list of rules on the couple's relationship should they marry (among them, granting of custody of child(ren) to Rainier and Caroline in the event of a divorce, the palace approving any movie roles, Vincent should convert to Catholicism,etc.), and Vincent Lindon found the list intolerable so they broke up. I think Caroline was serious with him as their relationship went on for about 5 years.

Last edited:
Andrea with Vincent
Pierre with Vincent

(sipa)

Attachments

• hugging.jpg
    hugging.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 16,736
  • ASM112.JPG
    ASM112.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 12,931
monica17 said:
From another source (a book on Rainier and Grace), it was said that Rainier imposed a list of rules on the couple's relationship should they marry (among them, granting of custody of child(ren) to Rainier and Caroline in the event of a divorce, the palace approving any movie roles, Vincent should convert to Catholicism,etc.), and Vincent Lindon found the list intolerable so they broke up. I think Caroline was serious with him as their relationship went on for about 5 years.

Of course what is written in mags is not Gospel.
ciao!

In my opion Caro and Vincent had never a romantic affair. I think she choose him to play a steady father figur in her childrens life, and nothing else. I have never see any kissing pix of them. And the media took a lot of photo's then. But as i say its just my opion (forgive my bad english):rolleyes: Source: Paris Match

Last edited:
Vincent surely has given a father role to little Casiraghis..:) He seemed very affectionate with them..

Great photos, Townsend! You make a little editorial, and I want to add one more photo from same occasion..Another one is from football batch with Pierre and Albert..:) Wonder if Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre stayed in contact with Vincent?

Source; own collection

Attachments

• 1994_with Vincent.jpg
    1994_with Vincent.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 18,110
  • 1995_Pierre with Vincent.JPG
    1995_Pierre with Vincent.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 7,259
monica17 said:

I've read this as well but I can't remember from where. Who would be able to live with a marraige that is being dictated to you by a possible father inlaw? Very hard, BUT if he really loved her & her children he would have moved heaven and earth to make it work. That's what I think! :)

You are kind of right towsend...i´ve never seen a pic of them kissing...but he was a wondeful "daddy" for the trio. I really hope that they still seing, he seeems to love those children as if they were his own sons!

I don't recall the details, should take a look at my old mags, but I think Vincent broke up with Caro and not in a nice way as he had a baby by another woman with whom he might have been cheating on Caro (I'm not sure, but I recall something of the kind).

As for their relationship, there was little doubt that they had something going on, but we will never know how serious on either part it was. I remember many rumors about a possible intervention of Rainier, but i doubt that the religion was such an issue, given that Ernst hasn't changed his, and Caro's third marriage has been only civil; probably it was more an issue on Vincent part as for Jews marrying a non-Jew woman is a pretty big deal...

Kisses

Thanks Grace!

There are really many sepeculations on the Grimaldis' lives. We really don't know which is which, until they clarify things or give official statements. I doubt if Caroline will ever talk about it, as she rarely gives interviews and also talk about private matters. All I know is that after year or two, Caroline was with Ernst. I'm just glad that she has found happiness again. :)

Lashinka, you're right about trying to make the relationship work if you really love a person. In 1996, Caroline suffered that hair condition which caused her to become temporarily bald for a time and the mags were saying that it was because of two things: the break-up with Vincent Lindon and Stephanie's marriage troubles.

Last edited:
It couldn't have been Stephanie's marriage troubles, or Caroline would be bald all the time. (Stephanie lives an interesting life, much like their grandmother Princess Charlotte.)

iowabelle said:
It couldn't have been Stephanie's marriage troubles, or Caroline would be bald all the time. (Stephanie lives an interesting life, much like their grandmother Princess Charlotte.)

You have a point. I guess the press just cited that and all the other troubles within the family then to give their own explanation of Caroline's condition.

And yes, a cousin of theirs, (Prince) Egon Von Furstenberg, described Stephanie as a throwback of Princess Charlotte who loathed court life, "kind of a bag lady, but fun" (if I recall correctly). That's not to say Princess Charlotte did nothing - she took a degree in Social Work and opened her estate to ex-criminals in order to reform them. Quite unconventional but it made her happy.

Whoa--how is Egon von Furstenberg a cousin? !?!?!

Lindy80 said:
Whoa--how is Egon von Furstenberg a cousin? !?!?!

He was a second cousin. He died of cancer a few years ago.

Tosca said:
He was a second cousin. He died of cancer a few years ago.

You're right, Tosca. The two families are descended from Lady Mary Victoria Hamilton - who was daughter of a duke and a princess- Rainier's side from her first marriage and the von Furstenbergs from her second marriage. The cousins are quite close to each, I think.

Getting back to Caroline and Vincent, does anyone know how their relationship is now? At least, he doesn't give comments (not that I know of) - Philippe talks about the Grimaldis, I think.

Last edited:
monica17 said:
You're right, Tosca. The two families are descended from Lady Mary Victoria Hamilton - who was daughter of a duke and a princess- Rainier's side from her first marriage and the von Furstenbergs from her second marriage. The cousins are quite close to each, I think.

Getting back to Caroline and Vincent, does anyone know how their relationship is now? At least, he doesn't give comments (not that I know of) - Philippe talks about the Grimaldis, I think.

Ira and her brother Egon are also related to the Agnelli family, the owners of the FIAT car industry, because their mother Clara Agnelli's first husband was a Von Fuerstenberg.

I think Egon died on fall of last year in Rome. His funeral was held in the church of Piazza Del Poppolo.

the hair condition u speak of. i remember seeing photos of her with no hair, i thought she shaved her head bald after she lost stefano. but what u are talking about is more recent. i guess all this time i was wrong

The movie in which Vincent Lindon starred on Summer 2005 is "La Moustache".

monaco70s said:
The movie in which Vincent Lindon starred on Summer 2005 is "La Moustache".

Speaking of the Agnelli family and Lindon, here is a pic of Italian actor Pietro Sermonti, who seem to have something in common with Vincent, as not only is he an actor, but also is he the great nephew of a car giant patriarch.
I don't think he'll ever date a princess, though, due to his political affiliation. The pic says it all. Maybe he would match well with Steph, who knows? She's a rebel too...:)

(pic from sorrisi e canzoni.it)

Attachments

• 023001000185.jpg
    023001000185.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 2,600
Last edited:
Caro with Vincent and one with Roberto Rossellini

own collection - scan

Attachments

• carovincent.jpg
    carovincent.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,990