The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 08-20-2015, 05:29 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 681
I believe that anyone going through a traumatic loss and / or grief is not thinking very clearly. The shocking circumstances around his death for Princess Caroline and the children are unimaginable. Alot of people bounce into relationships after a death/seperation/divorce. I know when I seen that funeral my heart went to Princess Caroline and her Children.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 08-20-2015, 05:55 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 4,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
I believe you and Moonmaiden are wrong, Fandesacs. P. Caroline met Lindon at a literary dinner while Stefano was still alive. Stefano died the 3rd October 1990 and the first pics of P. Caroline and Lindon came out in the spring of 1992, a year and a half after Stefano's death...
I'm sorry i made a spelling mistake. Caroline was seing with Vincent in March 1991 (not 1992, as I wrote) and this I m absolutely sure.
What I do not know is when and where they met. But meeting someone does not mean having a romantic affair.
I refuse to believe that Caroline being with Stefano, was "seing another man"
Firstly because she was fully in love with him, secondly because sge was in Monaco constantly with her official role and her kids and thirdly because paparazzis would not have miss her! They managed to find her in Galapagos with Guillermo Vilas, or years after in Thailand with Prince EA.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 08-20-2015, 06:25 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
I believe you and Moonmaiden are wrong, Fandesacs. P. Caroline met Lindon at a literary dinner while Stefano was still alive. Stefano died the 3rd October 1990 and the first pics of P. Caroline and Lindon came out in the spring of 1992, a year and a half after Stefano's death...
Actually, I still have magazines from that period and they are definitely from spring and summer 1991. Also, I was no longer living in France in 1992 and I remember the speculation in the press as to the nature of Caroline and Vincent's relationship while living there. It may not have been romantic so early but he was present in St. Remy often enough to cause discussion. There were even pictures, just before Caroline cut her hair short, of her wearing exactly the same shirt Lindon had been seen in - a dark blue Provençal print.

You are right that they already knew each other before Stefano died and I don't think there is any suggestion they were romantically involved before his death.

From my own point of view, I think Caroline was genuinely grief-stricken when widowed but also, life is for the living. Until very recently, she was certainly never a woman who seemed able to function without a romantic partner. I think Vincent London was there for her during a difficult period of her life and I liked how they seemed as a couple - I think he appealed to her more intellectual side.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 08-20-2015, 06:47 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 4,316
It is true that we never saw pictures of them showing any feeling situation, they were just two good friends spending time in the countryside together with kids. But of course they had a relationship, otherwise what was Vincent doing with them?
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 08-20-2015, 09:12 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 8,208
Just because Caroline and Lindon were only first photographed together in 1992 does not preclude their involvement before that.

I distinctly remember reading about Vincent Lindon spending lots of time with the widow Caroline and her children in Provence only a few months after Stefano's death...in both the French, American and British gossip press. This was in the spring and summer of 1991. As Florestane has pointed out, Caroline was a very passionate young woman..in love with love apparently. Up until her marriage with Ernst-August, she was always linked romantically with a man since her late teens, always. She has changed and mellowed a great deal from those days.

I have always suspected that at least part of the reason she decamped to Provence from Monaco so soon after Stefano died was to grieve in peace...and to carry on with her private life away from gossip and prying eyes in Monaco.

For the record I do believe Caroline and Stefano loved one another but I have read enough about how they got together and Stefano's background to believe that it was not a fairy tale perfect marriage.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 08-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nafplio, Greece
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Just because Caroline and Lindon were only first photographed together in 1992 does not preclude their involvement before that.

I distinctly remember reading about Vincent Lindon spending lots of time with the widow Caroline and her children in Provence only a few months after Stefano's death...in both the French, American and British gossip press. This was in the spring and summer of 1991. As Florestane has pointed out, Caroline was a very passionate young woman..in love with love apparently. Up until her marriage with Ernst-August, she was always linked romantically with a man since her late teens, always. She has changed and mellowed a great deal from those days.

I have always suspected that at least part of the reason she decamped to Provence from Monaco so soon after Stefano died was to grieve in peace...and to carry on with her private life away from gossip and prying eyes in Monaco.

For the record I do believe Caroline and Stefano loved one another but I have read enough about how they got together and Stefano's background to believe that it was not a fairy tale perfect marriage.
Moonmaidem, could you please, write some odetails about Stefano's background and their acqaintance?
Concerning Lindon, I remember after Stefano's death Caroline spent her first Christmas in Jamaica (not in the snow) with her children, Rainier and Stephanie. After New Year's eve she stayed alone with children and an old friend of hers: Robertino Rosselini. I had seen some pics of them in the mags. She was also involved with Robertino after her mother's death. Until then she was with Villas.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 08-23-2015, 05:57 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 44,036
.

Posts that had no longer anything to do with Vincent Lindon have been moved to the Princess Caroline and husbands part II-thread, other posts have been moved to the General Questions and Information-thread.

To avoid confusion please try to stay on topic of each thread and before posting take a look at the variety of threads we already have - thank you!
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-12-2018, 03:46 PM
cdm's Avatar
cdm cdm is offline
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: België, Belgique, Belgium
Posts: 1,723
Caroline with Vincent
https://instagram.com/p/BfG3G6znh6X/
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 02-13-2018, 04:09 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nafplio, Greece
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
"The actor who brought her smile back".
It's the best words that someone can say about Vincent's love for Caroline. I find him very charming and I would like them to be still together. I think he truly loved her.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 02-13-2018, 07:05 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 7,210
So why they drifted apart?
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 02-13-2018, 09:19 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nafplio, Greece
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
So why they drifted apart?
who Knows? only them!
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-31-2018, 04:42 AM
cdm's Avatar
cdm cdm is offline
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: België, Belgique, Belgium
Posts: 1,723
Vincents friends talking about the break-up with Caroline.
https://www.gala.fr/l_actu/news_de_s...alement_406558
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-31-2018, 05:28 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nafplio, Greece
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Vincents friends talking about the break-up with Caroline.
https://www.gala.fr/l_actu/news_de_s...alement_406558
Thank you, CDM, for this useful information. It's a pity their breaking and especially the way that Caroline chose to put an end in their story. Vincent didn't deserve this end.

I also would like to clarify that their love story lasted for at least 4 years and not only 6 months according to the article of Gala: "Mais seulement six mois après le début de leur idylle, la princesse avait brutalement décidé de mettre fin à leur histoire".
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 11-06-2018, 08:03 AM
assia's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Goussainville, France
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
Thank you, CDM, for this useful information. It's a pity their breaking and especially the way that Caroline chose to put an end in their story. Vincent didn't deserve this end.



I also would like to clarify that their love story lasted for at least 4 years and not only 6 months according to the article of Gala: "Mais seulement six mois après le début de leur idylle, la princesse avait brutalement décidé de mettre fin à leur histoire".


This article is not reliable they are stating that Sandrine Kiberlain is the mother of his two children which is not the case she is only the mother of Suzanne.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 11-06-2018, 08:13 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nafplio, Greece
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by assia View Post
This article is not reliable they are stating that Sandrine Kiberlain is the mother of his two children which is not the case she is only the mother of Suzanne.
Thank you, assia!
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 11-07-2018, 01:16 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
Thank you, assia!
It's completely unreliable - 6 months instead of the nearly 5 years together and the wrong information about Sandrine Kiberlain and the children. No mention that there were rumours of involvement with her before the split with Caroline. She may well have ended the relationship abruptly but he also moved on pretty quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 11-07-2018, 01:29 PM
cdm's Avatar
cdm cdm is offline
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: België, Belgique, Belgium
Posts: 1,723
Princess Caroline & Vincent Lindon

The article got it wrong. In video they show a picture of Vincent with Caroline and her children at the Grand Prix 1995 at which they say that ‘six months after’ (the picture) they broke up.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 11-07-2018, 03:32 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 4,316
I posted many times that this video does not work for me and if someone can help me. For an unclear reason the comments were erased. So I ask again. Can someobe post this video only.?
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 11-09-2018, 03:28 AM
cdm's Avatar
cdm cdm is offline
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: België, Belgique, Belgium
Posts: 1,723
Sorry, I can’t seem to take the video out of the article.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biography of Princess Caroline Julia Princess Caroline and Family 33 09-18-2008 10:37 PM
Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events 9 : Aug.2005 - Nov.2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 203 11-12-2005 12:19 AM




Popular Tags
antony armstrong-jones baltic republics biography british royal family camilla canada ceremony christian ix clothes current events dailyfail danish royal family de belgique discussão duchessofsussex duchess of sussex emma england fashion general royal discussion grandchild harry her children history hohenzollern infanta cristina interests introduction jack brooksbank juan carlos king felipe king felipe vi meghan markle modernization northampton norwegian royal family piromallo porphyria prince aymeric prince charles prince charles; biographies; tom bower prince harry prince harry of wales prince nicholas princess princesses princess louise princess of belgium public image pyrmont queen letizia queen mathilde relationship royal royal ancestry royal geneology royal wedding state visit sweden tiara tony armstrong-jones van belgië visit from spain waldeck wedding wedding of prince harry windsor windsor castle wivies working visit



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises