Princess Caroline and the Prince Pierre Foundation, March 2009 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the suit (assuming it's Chanel; shoes too?) - but, agree that for someone her age, the skirt is a bit short. Now, maybe she's making a "look at me, I'm single and beautiful" statement - to which I say GO FOR IT!! However, even though she has the body to wear couture, sometimes, dressing in the wrong age category brings out your true age.....sorry.....

I agree with you: she has the legs, but they terribly contrast with her face. A little longer skirt would have looked more elegant.
Let that kind of outfit to trashy women like Naomi...

I agree with you Tosca. P. Caroline looks beautiful, fresh and youthful. However, a longer ( just a little longer ) would have bring more balance to the whole outfit. :princess3::princess3::princess3:

Agree that a longer skirt would have looked more elegant. She looks fine, though. She has great legs for her age. I don't know why she would wear a skirt like that. I mean, I know (and she probably knows of course) that she can pull of that skirt, but i thought that she knows about elegance too, and at her age, even if you have the greatest legs, you should wear a little longer skirt.

Fondation Prince Pierre - the five shortlisted writers.....

Dominique Bona has already had two literary prizes, the Prix Renaudot in 1988, and the Prix Interallié in 1992.
Her book for the FPP is a biography about Clara Malraux, the widow of André Malraux, ex-minister under Charles de Gaulle.

Dominique Bona - EVENE Dominique's biography
Clara Malraux - Dominique Bona - Livre - EVENE About the book
André Malraux - EVENE
Short bio of André Malraux

Emmanuel Carrère has several prizes to his name. His family is Russian. He is a film critic
Biography:
Emmanuel Carrère - EVENE
His quotations:
Emmanuel Carrère - Ses citations - EVENE

Three more to come...

...Number three of the contenders:

Jean-Paul Kauffman: got the Prix de la Langue Française in 2009
Jean-Paul Kauffmann - EVENE

Olivier Rolin - ex-revolutionary, journalist with Libération and Nouvel Observateur.
Writes about history, geography, capitalism and monotheism.
Olivier Rolin - EVENE

And finally, Danièle Sallenave: winner of the Prix Renaudot, also jury member for the Prix Femina (a bit like our Orange Prize) - must be interesting to receive prizes and also handing them out.
Danièle Sallenave - Wikipédia

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Caroline´s whole outfit at the Prince Pierre Foundation meeting . The suit is classic whatever the skirt lenght is .... Why can´t a woman in her fifties wear a short skirt?
Good for her !!:flowers:

I love the suit (assuming it's Chanel; shoes too?) - but, agree that for someone her age, the skirt is a bit short. Now, maybe she's making a "look at me, I'm single and beautiful" statement - to which I say GO FOR IT!! However, even though she has the body to wear couture, sometimes, dressing in the wrong age category brings out your true age.....sorry.....

I agree, Caroline is able to pull off what a lot of women her age (or otherwise) wouldn't be able to. That part of your leg above your knee isn't the easiest to show off ;), especially as you get older--Caroline still has great legs. Maybe for an event like that a bit longer skirt would work better, but Caroline almost all of the time looks great, no matter what she wears. I like her, and she is single and beautiful--I say more power to her whatever she wants to do.:flowers:

The annual marathon of books starts again !

Council members have been reading the books between June 16th and August 27th.

There's a new category: bursaries for the best two literary critics.
There's also a get-together in the shape of a "thé littéraire" - a literary Tea Party - at the Louis Notari Library, and this venue will also see the Bourse de la Découverte (Discovery Bursary) on Tuesday September 28th.

Fondation Prince Pierre : les marathoniens du livre impliqués !

Princess Caroline has presented this year's awards in Monaco today,
September 28, 2010. Dominique Bona and Fabio Viscogliosi are the
winners.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

Additions:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Last edited:
Caroline looks very good. Seems like the Grimaldi siblings were busy today :flowers:

The exhibition for the Fondation Prince Pierre sculpture Prize finishes on October 31st.

On March 28th, 2011, there will be a conference organised by the Fondation Prince Pierre de Monaco, on the theme "Trois millions d'années d'Histoire de l'homme et du climat" (Three million years of the History of Man and the Climate".

Today, May 18, Princess Caroline and the Literary Council met at the Grand Vefour in Paris.
During a press luncheon the names of the nominees of the literary awards were announced.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Last edited:

Princess Caroline at the meeting of the Prince Pierre Foundation in Monaco on October 3rd, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Tomorrow are the Awards, right?
Have any of the Casiraghi ever been there for the Awards?
Are Albert or Charlene attending?

Caroline looks very nice. Blue is a nice colour on her.

Caroline is really busy these days. Such a simple outfit and yet very elegant.

Tomorrow are the Awards, right?
Have any of the Casiraghi ever been there for the Awards?
Are Albert or Charlene attending?

Caroline looks very nice. Blue is a nice colour on her.

I agree- Caroline looks amazing. That outfit looks really familiar. Has she worn it somewhere else recently?

I don't think the Casiraghis or Albert or Charlene have ever attended the awards, but I could be wrong. I think it's Caroline's thing.

Princess Caroline at the literary awards ceremony of the Prince Pierre Foundation in Monaco on October 4, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I agree- Caroline looks amazing. That outfit looks really familiar. Has she worn it somewhere else recently?

She wore it to the Fête Nationale Monégasque 2010, a dark coat was worn over it for the ceremony in the cathedral.

Here's an additional pic of the awards ceremony:

** October 4, 2011 **

Yesterday, October 5, Princess Caroline and Prince Albert received the winner and members
of the foundation at the Princely Palace:

** Pic **

Just back from the south of France and on my trip to Monaco, passing by Princess Carolines house I spotted her coming out to go to this event. She looks far more beautiful in the person. She was dressed in simple black and looked very much the princess she is.

Paris Match published an article about the awards cerimony

Caroline de Monaco met la littérature à l’honneur

Caroline de Monaco met la littérature à l?honneur - mariage-monaco - ParisMatch.com

A google translation of the article...

"It's always with joy that I accomplish this sweet mission to proclaim the results. I think of my grandfather and how he would be proud and happy, "announced
With her smooth voice, HRH Princess Caroline, on the stage at the Opera de Monte-Carlo. To celebrate the sixtieth anniversary of the Literary Award established by the Prince Pierre in 1951, great lover of the arts and letters, his granddaughter dressed in a robe of light. Between the two winners, Pierre Assouline - rewarded for all his work and his book "Lives of Job" (Ed. Gallimard) - Thomas and Heams-Ogus - which won the Discovery Award for "One hundred and sixteen Chinese and a few "(Ed. du Seuil) - Princess puts up a beaming smile. The quality of the winning works is, once again,present. And Pierre Assouline, happy to note that he’s placed among such names of French literature as prestigious as Julien Green, Andrei Makine or Françoise Sagan.

Relaxation and laughing complicity
Later in the evening, under the golds of the Empire Room in the Hotel Hermitage, the princess wished, for the first time, that dinner was informal. Instead of the usual tables set with white and porcelain, she offered a friendly buffet- "in order to talk more easily with the guests." She sat in a comfortable chair, facing Pierre Assouline and his wife, with whom she spent a long time. Then, in the mild air, she joined, on the terrace overlooking Port Hercule, other guests, including the writers Lambron Marc and Dominique Bona, the winner of the previous year, and her friend, Marie-Claude Beaud , the current director of the New National Museum of Monaco, with which it erupted a relaxed and laughing complicity. A princess rare but ultimately accessible.
</SPAN></SPAN>

Last edited by a moderator:

On the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the Prince Pierre Foundation Literary Award the
play "La Peste" by Albert Camus has been shown in Monaco yesterday evening, October 11.
Princess Caroline attended the event.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Just back from the south of France and on my trip to Monaco, passing by Princess Carolines house I spotted her coming out to go to this event. She looks far more beautiful in the person. She was dressed in simple black and looked very much the princess she is.

Hope you had a nice time Grace Chic :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom