Princess Caroline & Prince Ernst August Current Events Part 16

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Welcome to Part 16 of the thread to discuss the current events of Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August. You can find the old thread here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...st-august-current-events-part-15-a-13260.html.

Please have a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

• Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
Happy Posting!

Ernst

Prince Ernst looks healthier and Caroline happier, so it must be true he undergone re-hab and responded well to treatment. A blessing, because she deserves already some peace, and it is so nice to watch a couple like them aging together, taking care of their numerous offspring adequately and being happy. It is a very good example to the world. And Princess Alexandra is prettier every day, she is beginning to look for granny Grace genes. :)

Hello - I was looking at the Wikipedia entry for Ernst; according to that source, all three of Ernst's children are being raised as Protestants.

Why would this be, if Caroline is a Roman Catholic?

NotAPretender, Ernst-August's first two children Ernst August and
Christian are from his first marriage with Chantal Hochuli, when
Alexandra, his daughter with Princess Caroline was born, they were
able to decide whether to baptize her as a Protestant or as a Catholic..

Yes, thank you - I did know that the first two children were from his prior (Protestant) wife, so it made perfect sense that they were being raised in a Protestant faith.

My question is why, if Caroline is Catholic, did they choose to baptize (and raise) this daughter as a Protestant? I mean, to the best of anyone's knowledge, is this actually the case and is there perhaps a link to a story that firmly indicates this?

The reason I ask is that, of course, Caroline went to some trouble to have her first marriage annulled via the Catholic Church. Then again, marrying a divorced man has placed her outside of the Church, so perhaps this is her solution.

At any rate, are there any links to information about this that anyone would be kind enough to provide?

Thanks in advance!

You are welcome :flowers: It's all a bit off topic as this is the
thread of their current events, plus: I'm not a real expert for
these questions ;) but I'm quite sure that it does not have
anything to do with Caroline's past nor her experiences with the
Catholic church. I think it's because of Alexandra's position.

There was the so called "Act of Settlement" at the beginning of
the 18th century, the Parliament of England controlled the line
of succession with that and still does. The law says that Catholics
can't become kings or queens. As a result of his marriage with
Caroline as a Catholic, Ernst August is excluded from the line of
succession, Alexandra is not, as she was baptized as a Protestant.

Last week Prince Ernst August organised a party for the
15th birthday of the German and Austrian Harley Davidson
Club in his hunting lodge in Upper Austria. He still is a
honorary member of the Harley-Club Welfen Chapter in
Hanover. The pics show Caroline dancing and having fun :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

The first and last picture reminds me of Charlotte dancing at the rose ball .:)

Great and unusual pics! Thanks Iceflower!:flowers:
Caroline looks so much younger and like she is having lot of fun!

Great pics :ermm:?!?
They only make me wonder if the problem with alcohol continues in the Hannover household. This should better be not the case, keeping in mind the Prince's medical history.

Caroline does not appear drunk in any one of those pictures. Plus, there has never been any press on her being drunk or on drugs (discount stories of when she partied in her youth), so I cannot believe anyone is suggesting that. She does appear to be having fun and dancing...albeit with some savory looking characters, but she's having fun none the less.....

Glistening Seas

:ROFLMAO: don't you just l-o-v-e bikers!! they come accross as some of the most "misunderstood bunch" of people rought, burliest, gruffest, and rambuncious? and toughest and downright wild but; truth be told they really are probably the nicest guys around town and a whole lot of fun to be around and get to know which is what these photo's seem to suggest! don't you think so too?

:ROFLMAO: don't you just l-o-v-e bikers!! they come accross as some of the most "misunderstood bunch" of people rought, burliest, gruffest, and rambuncious? and toughest and downright wild but; truth be told they really are probably the nicest guys around town and a whole lot of fun to be around and get to know which is what these photo's seem to suggest! don't you think so too?

I don't know if your statement is tongue-in-cheek or not. My experience with bikers in Texas has always been extremely positive. They are the most courteous, helpful people, especially with women and the elderly. They seem to make a point of your feeling safe when they're around.That may explain why Caroline feels like "letting loose" in their company. Their appearance misleads about their behavior. Of course, I don't want to generalize, just my experience.

You go girl! I love to see her having a good time. I wonder who took the photos. Was it paparazzi at the party? These are very close. She looks wonderful!

Princess Caroline looks like she had a great time dancing at the party where Prince Ernst August organized the 15th anniversary of the German and Austrian Harley Davidson club. :flowers: It looks Like Prince EA still likes the Harley Davidson motorcycles.

Thanks for the photos, Iceflower.:)

Pics 18.10.2008

You are all most welcome :flowers:

Princess Caroline of Monaco and Ernst August of Hanover have
lunch with some friends at Flore cafe in Saint Germain des Pres.
Paris, 18/10/08

I've found an additional pic to the ones of Caroline dancing
at the Harley Davidson Club birthday party last week.

Ernst-August and Caroline dancing together :)

-----> Pic

Glistening Seas

:) Ah wonderful pic of a couple in wonderful spirits, indeed. They seem a little "windblown"?:lol: But that's okay Outdoor cafe' s and good brisk shopping in cold weather is delightful and sooo so naturale! Looks like Ernest is getting a surprise for someone, already?? ha!!:ohmy: hmmm don't you think? Personally he should have gotten a bigger bag for more shopping fun!? Men... are just soooo hard to train when it comes to shopping don't you think????:ROFLMAO::harvest::catmoon:

Indeed P. Caroline looks nice... almost like that sweet beautiful woman she used to be. There's a touch of a « très français » look in her...

Last week Prince Ernst August organised a party for the
15th birthday of the German and Austrian Harley Davidson
Club in his hunting lodge in Upper Austria. He still is a
honorary member of the Harley-Club Welfen Chapter in
Hanover. The pics show Caroline dancing and having fun :)

Oh, wow ... THANKS! :flowers:

These photos show Caroline looking carefree, like she did as a teen, before marriages, her troubles and kids tied her down. ;)
These took me back to seeing photos of her on dates in the mid-70's, when she and Grace were living in Paris.

I've found an additional pic to the ones of Caroline dancing
at the Harley Davidson Club birthday party last week.

Ernst-August and Caroline dancing together :)

-----> Pic

Nice, casual photo, this one ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 11.10.2008

You are most welcome :flowers:

Here are several more pics of the festivities:

Princess Caroline and her husband Ernst August celebrate with German and Austrian Harley
Davidson Bikers the 15th anniversary of the Austrian Harley Davidson club in the alpine hut
"Sepp Huber". Almtal, AUSTRIA -11/10/2008

** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 **

Glistening Seas

Ahh whaaat an interesting group to say the least!!! Sometimes it good to just let your hair down at a party such as this! Was it friends or some organizational thing??

Princess Caroline and her husband Ernst August celebrate with German and Austrian Harley
"Sepp Huber". Almtal, AUSTRIA -11/10/2008 ...

** Pic 1 **

I see in the background the sons of Ernst August, from his first marriage.
Last line left Christian and on the right side Ernst jr.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm quite impressed, hardtke, you are sharp-eyed :)
It took a while but then I also found Christian, I'm not
sure about Ernst August junior, does he have a beard
or do I mistake him for someone else?

I'm quite impressed, hardtke, you are sharp-eyed :)
It took a while but then I also found Christian, I'm not
sure about Ernst August junior, does he have a beard
or do I mistake him for someone else?

The guy with the beard and gray jacket is Ernst junior.

A bit OT, but I'd like to know if Caroline gets highlights to her hair, it seems to always swing from dark brown/almost black to honey brown..it's a great color and I'd like to know what you guys think about it, I am on the verge of changing my hair color and I'd like a result as Caroline's. ( I am a brunette too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom