Princess Caroline & kids doing sports

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part two. The swimming lessons for Pierre. Source: Lecturas & Weekend (own collection)

f222w0.jpg

Caroline learn Pierre to swim.

f222xe.jpg

f222za.jpg

f224a0.jpg

Playing with Andrea...
f224bq.jpg

f224cj.jpg

Now that they can all swim....

...Caroline have some time for herself.
f224h3.jpg

f224ic.jpg

She's is ready for her kids again!!

f224js.jpg

They all can choose some candy by the swimmingpool shop.

Omg........... I love the trio! How funny to see little Andrea and Pierre trying to help the club staff put up the umbrellas! And Charlotte just stands there looking so precious. :p

The pix of Caro and the kids in the Beach Club Pool remind me of those of Steph with Louis and Pauline in the same pool about three years ago :)

Princess Caroline riding

Farabola

f2t0lk.jpg

f2t0nb.jpg

f2t0s4.jpg

More pics of Caroline and her horse

Profimedia

f2t10m.jpg
f2t17q.jpg
f2t2ix.jpg
f2t2l5.jpg
f2t2q8.jpg
f2t2rr.jpg
f2t2xe.jpg
f2t2zp.jpg
f2t34i.jpg
f2t37r.jpg

And the rest from Deadline Press

f2t3s6.jpg
f2t3xz.jpg
f2t3zs.jpg
f2t449.jpg
f2t46q.jpg
f2t4b8.jpg
f2t4cy.jpg
f2ton5.jpg
f2top3.jpg
f2toqx.jpg

As a fellow equestrian, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these pictures! You often see Char on horesback in competition, but you forget that Caroline is accomplished, too. Thanks!

Same source as above, Hola, Corbis

ih1eo1.jpg
ih1g1j.jpg
ih1g5v.jpg
ih1g8i.jpg
ih1gdg.jpg
ih1gjn.jpg
ih1grs.jpg
ih1gu1.jpg
ih1h1k.jpg
ih1h7r.jpg

Last edited:
Great photos!
She is really beautiful woman..Love that horse riding pics, specially that one in nature..Thanx for sharing!;)

Seeing that picture of the lifeless dead horse covered in its feed and some other stuff just breaks my heart I'm sure Charlotte was heart broken about it too. Considering so much she loves horses,animals and horse back riding and competitions.

The stable where I boarded my horse with nine of my freinds' horses burned down last 26 October. It was the most utterly devestating thing to happen. Losing a horse that way is so sudden and so unbearably painful. (If anyone's interested, I can show you an article from when our stable burned down.) It's a double blow to lose all of the equipment you affiliated with your horse.

To lose horses in that way must be so devastating. Yes i would love to see the article about the fire. Do you happen to know if Caroline's horses survived because some reports seem to say that they did and others that they didn't? Thanks a million! :)

Since I've gotten a few PMs, I'll go ahead and post the article here:

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/article.jsp?sectionId=46&id=45387

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/26/AR2005102602176.html?nav=rss_metro/va

You can see it was quite a stable to be proud of, and was indeed devestating. I don't follow any royals except for in England, but all horse people share a bond, and knowing that these royals lost horses in such a way reminds us that we're all just human.

PS- Not sure if that question about Caroline's horses were directed at me, but I'm sorry to say that I don't know. :eek: Wish I could help you out. Thank you, Budge9, for your note of sympathy.

Princess Caroline skiing - Zuma Press

14jceaq.jpg
14jceig.jpg
14jcev9.jpg
14jcg93.jpg

I'm sorry if I shouldn't have opened a new thread for this. If it is not the place the moderators are 100% free to move my post.
I just wanted to contribute to a discussion I've been reading but since it was over some time ago I did not want to be off topic in the original thread.
There was some discussion about wether Charlotte was or wasn't a good rider, and wether she was just an amateur or could be af great rider.
Well, I think that it is pretty clear that she was just an amateur and not that good at it.
Of course she was better than most people who don't compete in official events but they are a couple of thinks to remember:

1. Charlotte compited in the 1.10 m. Of course she was just a junior, but 1.10 is just an amateur heigh. In no way was she near the level of greater riders.

2. It is a fact that nearly everyone who's been riding for a couple of years and has a great horse can jump a 1.10 m. I'm not saying that Charlotte wasn't a skilled rider, since I've never seen her riding live and you can't judge by the pictures, but if you got a good horse, every average rider and even people who aren't very good at riding, can compete in a 1.10 m. The horse does nearly everything.

3. Charlotte has the money to buy a great horse. More money that most jumpers (even olimpic jumpers), and one time in Monaco excepted she never ranked among the first riders. She was often 8th or 9th. This does not say very much of her.

4. Whe you do "real" jumping (1.50 or 1.60) the horse is not enough. Even if you have the better horse you need to be real good yourself to compete in a 1.50. That makes the difference between amateurs and real riders. Charlotte never got even near to compete with them-

So, my opinion is that she was a fine rider for an amateur, more than most people bu she never was even close to compete at international level.

I forgot to say that now that Charlotte doesn't ride it anymore, her horse FOLKA is jumping at top level international events and she's getting rather good results.
This obviously means that Charlotte had a top horse who jumps 1.40 and 1.50

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a great thread to start as there are other royals who ride and compete. Zara Phillips being the most prominent at this point.

Yes i believe it was a hobby for her,she likes horses that's for sure but when she started studying for her ENS exams she dumped everything.We can't be sure if she ever wanted to be a proffesional though.Maybe she wanted and it was tough for her.

Yes i believe it was a hobby for her,she likes horses that's for sure but when she started studying for her ENS exams she dumped everything.We can't be sure if she ever wanted to be a proffesional though.Maybe she wanted and it was tough for her.

Maybe she dreamed about been a professional when she was 15/16 years old and then she realized that it was too hard a "job". To be a top rider you have to practise several hours a day and every day. I guess that at some point she realized she wanted to just have a more relaxed live going to school, studying and travelling with friends. To be an international riders means devoding too much time to horses...
Anyway, we don't know if she goes to Fontainebleau from time to time to ride one of her family horses, maybe Folka...

It's a great thread to start as there are other royals who ride and compete. Zara Phillips being the most prominent at this point.

Well, yes. Zara is a great rider! Valentine is very good too (maybe not as good as Zara but a very good amateur rider, anyway)

Last edited by a moderator:
To be a top rider you have to practise several hours a day and every day. I guess that at some point she realized she wanted to just have a more relaxed live going to school, studying and travelling with friends.
exactly;)at some point her priorities changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom