The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 05-31-2011, 06:55 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Nadine,
The story may continue for Caroline .
I wonder if the Prince of Hannover will show up on his ex-brother-in-law's wedding day?
Agree. Caroline is still young to hope "not to be at end of story", she has still the right to be happy.

As regards Prince EA, I do not think that he will show up at PA wedding... unless something changes to their relationship with Caroline
Still one month remaining!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 05-31-2011, 07:44 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,500
Maybe PEA and PC will be adult and put on a good show for the world on PA's wedding day.

But, I admit this might be "a bridge too far" for all participants....
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 05-31-2011, 10:03 AM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,702
I don't think he will show up at the wedding. But, maybe he will, who knows? But i just have a feeling he won't. :/
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 05-31-2011, 10:43 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,372
__________________


Please remember that this actually is a picture thread, not one to speculate on possible wedding guests - thanks!
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 06-05-2011, 08:02 PM
ladyromanov's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: ..., Mexico
Posts: 192
Stefano was the perfect husband for Princess Caroline.
Here a picture
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_Ar_fDjZxS...Submariner.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 06-05-2011, 08:13 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 2,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyromanov View Post
Stefano was the perfect husband for Princess Caroline.
Here a picture
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_Ar_fDjZxS...Submariner.jpg

I don't think he was the perfect husband for anyone- he was too immature.
Very adolescent.
I know he died young, but he always seemed like a big kid playing with toys- cars, boats, etc.

There's no way to know for sure, but I think if he hadn't died, they'd have divorced quite soon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 06-06-2011, 08:42 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't think he was the perfect husband for anyone- he was too immature.
Very adolescent.
I know he died young, but he always seemed like a big kid playing with toys- cars, boats, etc.

There's no way to know for sure, but I think if he hadn't died, they'd have divorced quite soon.
I do not agree and I think this is not a correct judgement for Stefano. He married very young, he become father of three very soon. For the 7 years we could observe him (unitil his death), he was been a good husband, an attentive father and also very comprehensive towards his wifes official obligations! And he as also working hard in business!
How could we say he was immature? Most of the 23years rich boys (he was rich BEFORE marry PC) spend their nights in partying and their days in sleeping!
As regards the "toys" he was simply sportif! Of course he could afford expensive sports, but why not?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 06-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 2,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I do not agree and I think this is not a correct judgement for Stefano. He married very young, he become father of three very soon. For the 7 years we could observe him (unitil his death), he was been a good husband, an attentive father and also very comprehensive towards his wifes official obligations! And he as also working hard in business!
How could we say he was immature? Most of the 23years rich boys (he was rich BEFORE marry PC) spend their nights in partying and their days in sleeping!
As regards the "toys" he was simply sportif! Of course he could afford expensive sports, but why not?

(...)
Working hard in business? When?
I don't see when he could have done much in business when he was always out in his boat or cars.

He was attractive and seemed quite good-natured, but what did he actually accomplish in his life?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 06-06-2011, 09:11 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
When?
I don't see when he could have done much in business when he was always out in his boat or cars.
He was not always out, and it is not a crime to have leisures it does not make him bad or immature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
but what did he actually accomplish in his life?
He did not really had time to accomplish anything, he passed away.
What most of the 30 years old have accomplish???
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 06-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I don't think he was the perfect husband for anyone- he was too immature.
Very adolescent.
I know he died young, but he always seemed like a big kid playing with toys- cars, boats, etc.

There's no way to know for sure, but I think if he hadn't died, they'd have divorced quite soon.
I always got the feeling that Caroline was calling the shots in that relationship and in that marriage. I think she was drawn to him after Junot because he was the anti-Junot...he was low key and not flamboyant and was open to settling down and creating a family with her...and unlike Philippe, I think she was able to kind of boss Stefano around.

Since he died so young and so tragically, it is tempting to believe that the marriage would have lasted. But I also get the feeling that they would perhaps have eventually outgrown one another.

We will never know.

He did give her three of the most gorgeous offspring in noble Europe, and it's so sad that he isn't around to see them now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 06-06-2011, 02:43 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,327
We don't know that she bossed him around. From what I have read he was a very successful businessman. He started a helicopter transportation company that flies all over the Riviera and as far as Switzerland, a construction company, financed by the Fiat car company, that built apartment buildings in Cap D'ail? and the Fonteville part of Monaco, and an import and export business. That's pretty impressive for someone of his age.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 06-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
There's no way to know for sure, but I think if he hadn't died, they'd have divorced quite soon.
For some reason I believe you are right, their marriage wouldnt have survived. As usual when somebody's life is tragically cut short unexpectedly at a very young age, there is a high chance of idealizing the past. I dont think C&S were the ideal couple as they are still being portrayed until this very day.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 06-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: ......, Argentina
Posts: 1,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
(...)
Working hard in business? When?
I don't see when he could have done much in business when he was always out in his boat or cars.

He was attractive and seemed quite good-natured, but what did he actually accomplish in his life?

You have to be informed before critizicing Stefano. You obviously do not knwow much about him. As Fanosmonaco said he accomplisehd much more than many people who live longer. The Fontvielle neighborhood was built by his construction company. (...) Only Caroline can say if he was a good husband (..)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 06-06-2011, 05:16 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,372
__________________


Speculative posts have been removed.
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 06-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
We don't know that she bossed him around. From what I have read he was a very successful businessman. He started a helicopter transportation company that flies all over the Riviera and as far as Switzerland, a construction company, financed by the Fiat car company, that built apartment buildings in Cap D'ail? and the Fonteville part of Monaco, and an import and export business. That's pretty impressive for someone of his age.

You are correct, I don't know that at all...which is why I posted "it was a feeling I had" and not that "I know Caroline bossed Stefano around for sure".

The "feeling" is based on articles and interviews I read about them as a couple, and from comments from people in the Principality that knew them both.

Stefano also briefly features in the scandalous book "You'll Never Eat Lunch In This Town Again"...that came out in the 80's...the author is a former call girl who ran with a very fast international set.

Stefano was dating a fellow model friend of hers apparently(just before Caroline came on the scene)

His appearance in the book takes up only a few paragraphs, but I found it insightful.

Let me just say that my beliefs about them as a couple mirror Duke of Marmalade's 100%...but as I said also...it's moot because we will never know.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 06-07-2011, 01:37 AM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
You are correct, I don't know that at all...which is why I posted "it was a feeling I had" and not that "I know Caroline bossed Stefano around for sure".

The "feeling" is based on articles and interviews I read about them as a couple, and from comments from people in the Principality that knew them both.

Stefano also briefly features in the scandalous book "You'll Never Eat Lunch In This Town Again"...that came out in the 80's...the author is a former call girl who ran with a very fast international set.

Stefano was dating a fellow model friend of hers apparently(just before Caroline came on the scene)

His appearance in the book takes up only a few paragraphs, but I found it insightful.

Let me just say that my beliefs about them as a couple mirror Duke of Marmalade's 100%...but as I said also...it's moot because we will never know.
The book "You'll Never Eat Lunch In This Town Again" was famously written by a film producer about the film industry! But, I know what book you are talking about it was a play on words. I was catsitting for a friend who was out of town and she had the book sitting around somewhere. I picked it up and literally read it in about 5 minutes....the fasted book I ever read , but then a book wriiten by hookers is a pretty easy read! Actually I think the women who wrote it worked on Falcon Crest, and her sister was the hooker in the 80's that had a lot of her story and her hooker pals-heidi girls. I don't actually remember reading anything about Stefano, not that I 'm doubting you, it was kind of entertaining, but I'm not sure it's a book I would give a lot of weight to,....it was written by hookers.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 06-07-2011, 01:41 AM
sandsla's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
For some reason I believe you are right, their marriage wouldnt have survived. As usual when somebody's life is tragically cut short unexpectedly at a very young age, there is a high chance of idealizing the past. I dont think C&S were the ideal couple as they are still being portrayed until this very day.
Really, I know what you mean, but I think he was probably the love of her life. I mean considering her brothers match, they look like a pretty ideal couple, but then I guess that wouldn't be saying much!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 06-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla View Post
The book "You'll Never Eat Lunch In This Town Again" was famously written by a film producer about the film industry! But, I know what book you are talking about it was a play on words. I was catsitting for a friend who was out of town and she had the book sitting around somewhere. I picked it up and literally read it in about 5 minutes....the fasted book I ever read , but then a book wriiten by hookers is a pretty easy read! Actually I think the women who wrote it worked on Falcon Crest, and her sister was the hooker in the 80's that had a lot of her story and her hooker pals-heidi girls. I don't actually remember reading anything about Stefano, not that I 'm doubting you, it was kind of entertaining, but I'm not sure it's a book I would give a lot of weight to,....it was written by hookers.

OMG..you have a good memory! Both Victoria Sellers and Nicollete Sheridan(Desperate Housewives) had big parts in it.

I will PM you the info on Stefano's part in it. It's not a big deal, but it's just not the place to be posting it here.

BTW..ICAM with you that Stefano was probably the love of Caroline's life. I suppose it's a blessing that he died before he could really disappoint her...no matter what, she can always hold on to the 7 years they were together and take comfort in the fact that for awhile, she knew real happiness.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 06-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,547
If he had encounters with those girls before meeting Caroline, what's the problem? I tend to mistrust the so called American biographers...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 06-08-2011, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,500
Those "biographers" are out to make money, regardless of the veracity of statements, gossip etc.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Order of Precedence james British Royals 1096 06-14-2014 12:29 PM
Biography of Princess Caroline Julia Princess Caroline and Family 33 09-18-2008 09:37 PM
Grimaldi Family - Biography tbhrc Princely Family of Monaco 39 05-13-2006 04:21 AM
Princess Caroline and husbands letizia Princess Caroline and Family 394 04-17-2006 03:35 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]