Princess Caroline & Family - Summer Vacation 2008 - 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^That's cool. So Thecia, you're right. It accommodates 9 nine guests, plus for 7 crew.

*Caroline
*Alexandra
*Charlotte
*Andrea
*Pierre
* guest of Andrea
* guest of Charlotte
* guest of Pierre
* stepbrother/friend/cousin/whomever :cool:

Anyone else? Better bring a sleeping bag!! kidding!:lol:

I was going to say Ernst but he was around but theoretically he would have slept in the same bedroom as Caroline... we hope! :ROFLMAO:
What about the little redheaded darling that hangs with Alexandra? Or does she come under the last category? I'd assume that Tatiana, Alex and Bea would sleep in the same rooms as their other halves too. But I didn't think that Pacha had seven crew? I thought there was more like... four or five? So maybe there'd be some extra room for some very lucky friends. :ROFLMAO:

^OK, very true about the couples sharing.... like you said, we hope!:)

So ?

* Andrea & Tatiana
* Char & Alexander
* Pierre & Bea
* Caroline & "guest" (hey, she's a free woman now, right?!):ROFLMAO:
* Alexandra
* Guest of Alexandra
* Christian
* If Ernst Jr. can't get away from Dubai or wherever, ?JT Besins (he seems to be a regular at the Pacha parties)
* some other lucky snot :ninja:

Princess Caroline, her son Pierre and friends seen enjoying a cruise
with their yacht Pacha III around Sardinia, Italy , July 21st 2010 .

Corsica is north of Sardinia; i have only seen Pacha III trackings around Corsica so far. Corsica is French, Sardinia is Italian.

Princess Caroline and her daughters at Nice Airport, august 4, 2010
Tout sur les royautés

Like I said...I bet Princess Caroline is spending a little R&R time with her girls, and celebrating Charlotte's 24th birthday at the same time.
Great photos! I love how Alex and PC match too...only if Charlotte got that same memo...haha.
:ROFLMAO:

They all look great, tanned and relaxed.

looks like Charlotte got some things at the replay store. They probably went into Monaco..... well, maybe they will spend the weekend in St Remy. It is about that time of year for them, i.e. August/september.

I hope Charlotte had a nice birthday. Nice in Neece. :cool: (I know just Nice airport, just saying)

I'm surprised they are going thru security. They should have diplomatic passports. Maybe they are just being good role models.

Charlotte still has her 2 fingers taped.

Well, the Casiraghis, and I presume Alex, aren't diplomats and I can recall many pictures of Andrea and Tatiana going through security, even taking off their shoes and putting them in the bins like every other mortal flyer. :)

Of course..... Andrea does currently work for an embassy, so I may stand to be corrected about him. But as far as I can reason, Pierre, Charlotte, and Alex aren't diplomats.

They are all members of the royal family and should thus have diplomatic passports. Stephanie's family also, not sure about Camille, but not the De Masseys.

They are all members of the royal family and should thus have diplomatic passports. Stephanie's family also, not sure about Camille, but not the De Masseys.

Well, actually they aren't in many respects. There is no reason at all why they should have diplomatic passports.
First, the Grimaldis aren't a royal family,
Second, been a royal famly doesn't give you right to a diplomatic passport if you don't have any political charge, diplomatic passports are for people with political charges.
Third, even if the grimalis were "royal", Caroline and her kid would not be considered part of the royal family. Legally speaking the people who are part of a "royal family" are the king/queen himself, his wife/her husband, and his/her direct descendants. Sisters, brothers, nephew, uncles, etc are not part of the royal family even if they are close relatives of the ruler.
So actually, in Monaco there is no ruling family to speak of. Nobody but Albert (and maybe Charlenne since she is ofially her fiancée now) should have diplomatic passports.

I couldn't have said it better, trep. I really thought that too. I didn't want to get into an argument though, especially as I don't know anymore about diplomatic passports than anyone. But I really don't see the Casiraghis and little alex have them.
Anyway, even if Caroline has one, everyone has to go through security nowadays. It's the post-911 reality.

I mean , it's a given that albert is a diplomat and has all the immunity it goes with because he is head of state. As for Caroline, it's possible she has diplomatic status through the UNESCO, and through AMADE which has UN NGO status. But..... yes, she is "royal" by courtesy of the German government, and the UN gives her all the international courtesy for being a royal. Maybe....

but again, surely not her children. Unless as I said, Andrea, perhaps through his work at the embassy.... but I doubt it. Albert worked at an embassy too when he was young, but as a lowly intern kind of position, not really as a full blown diplomat.

Two questions, ladies: I thought the Grimaldis were considered royalty due to their titles, and running/ruling a principality; also, what embassy is Andrea reported to be working for (France, or does Monaco have an embassy; or, is it another nationality?) - that's interesting, and I hadn't heard that until these posts.

^Andrea works in the Qatari embassy in Paris. Qatar and Monaco have increasing links in recent years. Qatar owns some stake in SBM.... actually, they offered to buy much more, but last summer decided against it. It's a very interesting topic but it's off topic so I hope I don't get deleted, but fear it is a good possibility. :whistling:

The sovereign of Monaco is I think equal to any sovereign in the world, royal or serene in being head of state, but it has been pointed out countless times, even by Caroline herself that her children don't have official status in Monaco. They are members of the Grimaldis' extended family, yes, but this is different from being a prince or princess of Monaco. And the casiraghis and Alexandra have succession rights, as do the Ducruet kids, but..... look at Peter and Zara Phillips in England. They are in the line of succession, and they are members of the Queen's family, but they aren't royal. It's exactly the same with the Casiraghis, and the Ducruets. Even with Alexandra, it's the same, because though she is HRH, this is only a courtesy title. People don't have to recogize it. They can ignore it if they want. But as a diplomatic courtesy, the UN recognize Caroline's HRH.

I thought Andrea's work at the Embassy of Qatar was a kind of post-university training scheme ?

You are completely right about PA enjoying diplomatic immunity, not because of being a prince, but a Head of State. Many Heads of State are not Kings or Princes, just elected or appointed by their nation.

I'm not a 1000% sure but if I remeber correctly Stephanie has/had a diplomatic passport and didn't have to go through security in Paris or Nice, don't quiet remeber were that was ; which means at least Caro has one too ( and Albert of course )

A few years back there was some investigation in Auron were Steph was living and it had to do with some guy she knew ( or someone she knows knew him) and the article/report said the police couldn't question her nor have a look at her car ( it had to do with it somehow) because she has a diplomatic status.

But CasiraghiTrio is right I guess about the airport security- 911 thing ... it's all different now.

I hope this wasn't too off topic and helps a bit :)

Albert, Caroline and Stephanie all have Diplomatic immunity .

A diplomatic passport is different while most automatically have them some people who have Immunity do not have the passport.

Flying on a private jet you dont have to go through security but If You are on a normal Public flight you have to even with immunity The laws have changed since September 11 We have pictures of Charlotte , Stephanie etc .. going through airports they have to go through security they just dont get photographed doing it .

I thought Andrea's work at the Embassy of Qatar was a kind of post-university training scheme ?

I believe that is exactly what it is. Just like when Albert did the embassy work, both in NY and Paris, right? Or ..... wait, Albert worked in a bank in NYC, then embassy in Paris, I believe.... Anyway, the whole diplomatic thing is really fascinating.

I didn't know that private plane passengers were exempted from the security check. Now I know.

So true, since 911 everything is different.

I looked into the difference of diplomatic and regular passports, and this is what I found:
apparently, diplomatic passports can only be used on "official state business" (to quote the site: "someone must indicate that he or she will be traveling overseas on state business, representing a national government in another nation"), ie. PA's trip to the southern US-I'll bet he used his diplomatic passport for it. Otherwise, a "regular" passport is needed-ie, his and Charlene's trip to SA for the World Cup was probably done on his regular passport.
In otherwords, it may be possible for the De Massy family, or any of the Grimaldi's to have a diplomatic passport, as long as they only use it for "state business" type things.
What is a Diplomatic Passport?

Well, the Casiraghis, and I presume Alex, aren't diplomats and I can recall many pictures of Andrea and Tatiana going through security, even taking off their shoes and putting them in the bins like every other mortal flyer. :)

Of course..... Andrea does currently work for an embassy, so I may stand to be corrected about him. But as far as I can reason, Pierre, Charlotte, and Alex aren't diplomats.
I am very surprised that Trio doesn't have diplomatic passports and they have to go through security.:ohmy: I always thought that Caroline and her kids who are relatively close to the throne would have diplomatic passports.

The big black bag is a dog carrier for airplane and their dog seems to be inside it....:)

Good eye, Supernova! Must be for the little dachshund(s)?

Thtregoddess, kudos for the research on diplomatic passports. That's interesting. Yeah, now with this info,I can see Andrea getting one and using it for a trip like, say to tour the Philippines for AMADE.

I am very surprised that Trio doesn't have diplomatic passports and they have to go through security.:ohmy: I always thought that Caroline and her kids who are relatively close to the throne would have diplomatic passports.

See my last post in this thread (#455, I think) that has a link to info on diplomatic passports, and the difference between it and a regular one-they, Caroline (unless she's attending to official state business), or Steph (unless she's attending to official state business) and her kids aren't illegible for a diplomatic passport.
So the only two, unless the trio or Alex, or the Ducruet/Gottlieb clan start making state visits on Monaco's behalf to other countries (like PA's visit to San Marino or Portugal this year, were probably done on his diplomatic passport, while the SA trip for the World Cup was most-likely done on his regular passport), that may have them other than PA are his sisters.

CasiraghiTrio:
Thanks. I was curious if there was actually a difference between the passports, so I looked into it the other day. Possibly, but doubtful since it has to be "business of the state"-ie, a trip on behalf of Monaco, not for a particular organization.

Good eye, Supernova! Must be for the little dachshund(s)?

Thtregoddess, kudos for the research on diplomatic passports. That's interesting. Yeah, now with this info,I can see Andrea getting one and using it for a trip like, say to tour the Philippines for AMADE.
In a better look the last picture Charlotte has an other dog carrier, I think they had the dachshound in one and the Caro's french bulldog in the other (black) bag...by the way, I sell those dog carriers in my pet shop in Rome:):)

Back
Top Bottom