The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the picture of Alex - she is quite the young lady now

Old 08-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Pics of Princess Caroline and Princess Alexandra on July 28 near Capri:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **
I would like to see the interior of Pacha. The interior decoration is due to Caro's good friend architect Jacques Grange. he also decorated her house in Monaco, Clos St-Pierre. I 've read that Pacha is a floating palace.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
I would like to see the interior of Pacha. The interior decoration is due to Caro's good friend architect Jacques Grange. he also decorated her house in Monaco, Clos St-Pierre. I 've read that Pacha is a floating palace.
Seeing these photographs, it dawned upon me how totally inappropriate and voyeuristic it is to photograph these people in their private surroundings and send the pictures into the world.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Commoner

Quote:
I don't think that it's interiour is palacelike. I've read that Jacques Grange was inspired by the boat of Captain Haddock, a famous character in the comic "tintin" by the belgian writer/illustrator Hergé. Caroline was enthusiastic about the idea and gave her OK.
At least the green curtains are identical with the decoration of Captain Haddocks boat.
So I guess it's not a swimming palace, probably more a cozy and colourful place to have fun in the sun.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norina View Post
I don't think that it's interiour is palacelike. I've read that Jacques Grange was inspired by the boat of Captain Haddock, a famous character in the comic "tintin" by the belgian writer/illustrator Hergé. Caroline was enthusiastic about the idea and gave her OK.
At least the green curtains are identical with the decoration of Captain Haddocks boat.
So I guess it's not a swimming palace, probably more a cozy and colourful place to have fun in the sun.
When I said floating palace, I didn't mean "palace", but of course a comfortable and classy place like Caroline's character, a yacht very different from the other ones, and very special

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruts View Post
Seeing these photographs, it dawned upon me how totally inappropriate and voyeuristic it is to photograph these people in their private surroundings and send the pictures into the world.
You 're just right, Pruts
Old 08-11-2011, 05:33 PM
Commoner

Quote:
When I said floating palace, I didn't mean "palace", but of course a comfortable and classy place like Caroline's character, a yacht very different from the other ones, and very special

You 're just right, Pruts
When you write "palace", you actually don't mean "palace"?
You want to have a look inside of that boat but on the other hand you do respect peoples privacy? Strange.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

pruts - I saw your point about voyeurism, but "the system" has been running for many years. At the beginning of their holiday, they give plenty of photo opportunities, including waving etc.
Then the feeding frenzy abates.....
Old 08-15-2011, 08:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

I know summer hols fly by, but this year Caroline's seems particularly so - is it just that we haven't had so many reported sightings?
Old 08-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Courtier

Maybe is it because of PA's wedding with Charlène? It's a young married couple, with many sulfurous stories about it, in France they have been on quite every covers for the beginning of the summer. And people are waiting for a birth, which makes Albert and Charlene even more interesting! This could explain this lack of pics of Caroline during her holidays, because I'm sure that she's on Pacha III with her family around her, as usual. And even if she wanted to hide, this year, we know perfectly that paparazzis would have found her and took a lot of pictures.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruts View Post
How right you are, pruts. When I saw the pictures of Caroline alone at her (I presume) breakfast table, her head down, then rubbing her head, I thought, that's how tabloids exploit these pictures:"Caroline on a verge of a nervous breakdown!", "Caroline nursing a hangover!" "Caroline in a deep depression!", and so on. When she is probably just having trouble waking up, as happens to many of us, or has a morning headache, usually associated with congested sinuses due to an air conditioner, or what not. No, this is the private Caroline who has not pulled and put herself together yet, and those moments should belong to her exclusively.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Gentry

Where is PC??? Why no more pics of her this year? Isn´t she sailing across the Mediterranean like every year? Why is she hiding????
Old 08-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
How right you are, pruts. When I saw the pictures of Caroline alone at her (I presume) breakfast table, her head down, then rubbing her head, I thought, that's how tabloids exploit these pictures:"Caroline on a verge of a nervous breakdown!", "Caroline nursing a hangover!" "Caroline in a deep depression!", and so on. When she is probably just having trouble waking up, as happens to many of us, or has a morning headache, usually associated with congested sinuses due to an air conditioner, or what not. No, this is the private Caroline who has not pulled and put herself together yet, and those moments should belong to her exclusively.
These pictures are human pictures of a 54 years old woman, mother of 4, who has lived some very deep dramas in her life, who had a lot of tears, a lot of hapiness, a lot of sun and a lot of cigarettes.

They are pictures of a woman who knows that she is ageing and she accept this. She does not care, she does not use medical science, and despite she knows that she is taken on photo, she does not hide herself.
No enormous sun glasses, no waterproof make-up, just the truth.

For me majestueous
Old 08-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Serene Highness

.....and, of course, there is nothing wrong with aging. There are so many people (celebs included) that regret all the nips, tucks, injections, etc - silicone mishaps aside, they don't look like themselves anymore. For certain celebs, it's meant the end of the career - you have to also fault these doctors that talk emotionally vulnerable people into unnecessary surgery by playing to their insecurities.....sad. SO GLAD that Princess Caroline doesn't feel pressured to look like a puffy, wrinkle-free FREAK - her natural face is beautiful and elegant.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
.....and, of course, there is nothing wrong with aging. There are so many people (celebs included) that regret all the nips, tucks, injections, etc - silicone mishaps aside, they don't look like themselves anymore. For certain celebs, it's meant the end of the career - you have to also fault these doctors that talk emotionally vulnerable people into unnecessary surgery by playing to their insecurities.....sad. SO GLAD that Princess Caroline doesn't feel pressured to look like a puffy, wrinkle-free FREAK - her natural face is beautiful and elegant.

Absolutely!

This is real beauty
Old 08-22-2011, 05:50 PM
Aristocracy

PC is granted with natural beauty. Her face is still amazing, because you don't lose certain features even if you're ageing ( prominent cheekbones, elegant profile, piercing eyes ).
Her wrinkles are not something to defy: she's even more captivating and alluring.
I think that's a special gift and very few people have it.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:23 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
They are pictures of a woman who knows that she is ageing and she accept this. She does not care, she does not use medical science, and despite she knows that she is taken on photo, she does not hide herself.
No enormous sun glasses, no waterproof make-up, just the truth.

For me majestueous
How do you know Princess Caroline`s thoughts on her ageing if you do not know her personally? Also how can you know that she does not use medical science to combat the effects of time? There are many procedures available now which are far more subtle than a facelift and she may or may not have availed herself of some these. The truth is simply not known.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:54 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderick View Post
How do you know Princess Caroline`s thoughts on her ageing if you do not know her personally? Also how can you know that she does not use medical science to combat the effects of time? There are many procedures available now which are far more subtle than a facelift and she may or may not have availed herself of some these. The truth is simply not known.
How right you are, Roderick! Of course she has had some "help". If you are familiar with these techniques and theire effects, you immediately recognizes them. But then again, why not?
And of course, no one knows how she feels about ageing.
The point that I was making earlier was not about her ageing, but about how intrusive it is to picture these people, not on a party or on the street, but on their boat, just out of bed. Voyeurism.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:31 AM
Administrator

Time to get back to the topic of this thread - thanks for you understanding!
Old 09-03-2011, 04:39 AM
Aristocracy

This year it seems that there are no pictures of the whole family vacationing........where is Caroline?? :(
Old 09-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talitha View Post
This year it seems that there are no pictures of the whole family vacationing........where is Caroline?? :(
According to Semana magazine, she's still in Corsica enjoying the last days of summer aboard the Pacha III with Alex, Pierre and Beatrice...

Tags
alexandra, andrea, caroline, casiraghi, charlotte, ernst-august, family, hanover, monaco, pachaiii, pierre, summer, summer vacation