Princess Caroline & Family - Summer Vacation 2008 - 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think...Athina is the woman between Charlotte and this man (i don't know who he is or i don't recognise him):

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/...er+sMF5rwdOvQZl.jpg?70293EM_CASIRAGHI_B-GR_15

zeta.belle, i think this Andrea swimming: (you can see Pierre jumping into the water and Andrea swimming)

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/...er+6KKC2IlcG0Ul.jpg?70293EM_CASIRAGHI_B-GR_21

That does look like Andrea in the water, with Pierre jumping in. I am not sure about the other pic where you say Athina may have joined them - are she and Charlotte really close enough to holiday together? If so, that's new - I know their families go back many years, but you really never see Charlotte and Athina together outside of equestrian related activities.

^I know, but she looked like Athina to me, it would be the first time for me seeing her with the Casiraghis.

That does look like Andrea in the water, with Pierre jumping in. I am not sure about the other pic where you say Athina may have joined them - are she and Charlotte really close enough to holiday together? If so, that's new - I know their families go back many years, but you really never see Charlotte and Athina together outside of equestrian related activities.

We wondered if Athina was there because Edwina and Jan were there, and they are from equestrian world too, and these pics were during the Monaco GP, I believe on the last day. But I don't see, or believing I can see Athina in the pics.

The full gallery of pics (all 150+ of them! :lol:) :flowers:
Princess Caroline, Princess Alexandra and Sebastian Knecht de Massy (I think?) on holiday off the coast of Corsica on July 13, 2010.
Gallery
Caroline's little dachshund (I wish we knew its name!) has a little life jacket on. It's so cute! And I'm happy to see Romeo again. He's such a big baby, getting carried everywhere. :ROFLMAO: I think these were taken off the coast of Calvi, in northern Corsica. :flowers:

Alex has gotten so tall! Maybe we'll see her siblings around with her and mum these days? :flowers:

Alex must have just gotten back from Germany. She is so white compared to everyone else. Glad to see that Romeo is okay.

:lol: FanofMonaco, you seem to have a totally wrong impression
of the German weather, it's not a cloudy and rainy country, we
have summer months as well ;) The summer holidays in Monaco
have started on July 3rd, so it's of course possible that Alex has
already spent some days there as well.

Huh :ROFLMAO::cool: Germany has been all sunny and hot for weeks ...
Except for the very dark cloud that descended over Germany when they lost to us. :whistling: Lucky that Paul the octopus is heading to ZAM, huh? :ROFLMAO: ;)
Alex is just naturally whiter than the Trio. She doesn't have as much Mediterranean blood flowing through her veins. And she has her father's skin. ;) All that time spent baking in the Southern European sun, you don't see him all dark and bronzed, do you? :ROFLMAO:

Nice pics, guys.

I think Alex wears a very strong sunscreen, probably the strongest (50-60 spf) and so doesn't get tanned, but it's either that or burn to a crisp. She's much fairer than the Casiraghis. And too much younger too, to be baking in the sun without good strong SPF.

I didn't mean the weather was bad in Germany. I just meant that people who live in southern climates usually have alot darker tans than those that live farther north. Good point about the different natural skin tones. In Florida, people are almost black by the end of the summer.

These are nice pictures. But they make me sad because I see a different Princess Caroline, a nostalgic Princess Caroline. She is an inspiration. After everything she has been through, she is a survivor and I admire her for that.

I'm not sure if that's Harry. This guy's face is---I don't know--slightly squarer than Harry's. I mean, it could be, I'm probably wrong. But I believe it's Christian.

My first thought when I saw him was that it is Christian.

Corsica

This is a much better link to watch ship positions than I've posted before:

Echtzeit AIS Positionen / Verkehr der Schiffe

By the way: My daughter send me this link to participate on her vacation with some friends on a vessel in the Mediterranian Sea - unfortunately I'am at work at this summer and can't participate... So I also sometimes watch where the Pacha III is.

This is a much better link to watch ship positions than I've posted before:

Echtzeit AIS Positionen / Verkehr der Schiffe

... So I also sometimes watch where the Pacha III is.

Thank you for the link, the "Echtzeit AIS Positionen" shows that Pacha III went to a southern port of Corsica, "Sail.wx" placed the Pacha III at a northern port of Corsica. Quite a difference!

The reason SailWX is so out of date is because it locates ships differently. SailWX relies on weather reports, submitted by the ships crew, to track the ship's location. However, this obviously relies on the ship actually filing the reports and the way Pacha sails, there is little need to. She moors every 12 hours or so - either in a bay or in port, thus the little need.
MarineTraffic works on a AIS (Automatic Identification System) system. Live AIS uses a network of AIS receivers which, using the ships' transmitted latitude/longitude, places an icon of it on the Google Earth map. Those maps are not real time (the only way of this being possible is via satellite). Other than having the AIS on, this type of tracking requires no action on the part of the ship's crew. AIS is used for many things (online tracking is pretty much the lowest concern to crew and I suppose passengers) and they rarely turn the transceivers off. Having been up a little earlier this morning however, it seems that Pacha's crew turns the transceivers off during the night.
The best services, which offer completely live tracking, are pay only, but that service is great if you just want to know where a ship is. If I'm not mistaken, the same site also offers a Google Earth plug in, to give you a 3D idea of where a ship is. And whilst I'm shamelessly plugging - a paparazzi guy I know (not very well thankfully) says that he uses iPhone apps like Ship Finder or Fleetmon to find a ship.

Amazing, the kinds of things one can learn about on TRF !!
It also means there is nowhere to hide....

And Iceflower is of course right about the German weather. Some relatives of mine live there, and they are constantly complaining about thunderstorms, rivers drying out, older people collapsing etc.

Of course, these weather events also affect France, the Cote d'Azur, and little Monaco, from time to time.

Here's the Monaco webcam again:
http://notari.tv/

It's looking gloomy over the mountains today....

Thanks for the Monaco webcam, Renata4711!
You and Norina are our satellites:p

Princess Caroline, her son Pierre and friends seen enjoying a cruise
with their yacht Pacha III around Sardinia, Italy , July 21st 2010 .

I've also seen several pics of the family celebrating Alexandra's birthday
on their boat, I hope we'll get some as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Hello Iceflower,

Where did you saw those pictures of Alexandra's birthday?

Thanks ice for the pics. Did you see Alexandra's siblings in the pics of the celebration?

I love Carol's family Beautiful children she has

Pics look amazing

Fredje, it's been a private source, otherwise I would have posted them :)

Nathalie Cox, the siblings have been at the boat party as well, I'm sure we'll
see some pics soon! :flowers:

^Thank you! I'm looking forward to see pics of that! Not always we get to see Alexandra with her siblings.

The Pacha looks so small! I wonder where do all they sleep.

^In the staterooms below deck. That vessel is a lot bigger than it appears! There is a whole world unseen below the deck. :ROFLMAO:

If I remember correctly, Pacha sleeps nine passengers. But all of those rooms would be below deck. Remember those photos last year of Caroline peeking through one of the portholes? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom