Princess Alexandra of Hannover Current Events Part 7: January 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She looks beautiful. She's always had her mother's bone structure. She has also always seemed the most sheltered, but also the most well-adjusted and she comes off warm whereas traditionally beautiful Charlotte comes off aloof. I know it's not good to compare, so let me just say, they are all beautiful Grimaldi women.

It would be unfair to say the she is or she is not clever, especially because she is not becoming a doctor, or a scientific searcher or a great advocate. How many people in the world become searchers or great advocates? A very few. The majority of people try to develop a skill, where they able to, in order to have a job and to afford their life needs, of course capacity, passion and sacrifice comes after.
But these girls, are raised into money, they know that they won't need in their entire life earn a single penny. So they are more attracted into fields fitting with their lifestyle, and their social cercle. Arts or fashion are beautiful and smooth fields, you can stay into without no many skills or sacrifice. But being a doctor, spend whole nights and days into a hospital and try to save lifes needs abnegation, self discipline and hard job. How a girl raised to travel the whole year, going to the charity balls and first raw in all fashion catwalks could do this? Very difficult. You have to break with your whole life, family and social circles.
But having a fashion brand or being a painter or writer, if you have the gift, yes they can.

She's loosing some of the round face as she's maturing and you can definately see her mother in her now.

LaRae

Upper class/noble/royal men going into business isn't necessarily helping the world or humanity much depending on your point of view. ;) Many just work for people already in their circle.

For Alexandra and many of her female relatives and friends, it's a chance to pursue a degree or course that fits in with what everyone else is doing and meeting the right people because it's traditional now, isn't going to take forever and fits in extremely well with their lifestyle. And they have ready access to as many private galleries and fashion shows as they want. That's probably similar for the men studying business.

Millions do subjects that are in the arts or humanities. Many, many university courses are offered in subjects that do nothing to help humanity but people that study them can in turn go on to do other things that do contribute. Or do charity work or just live lives that do more quiet good than harm. Just because she had a public profile and wealthy family doesn't mean she's obligated to do something amazing.

I'd be extremely interested if a young royal (or adjacent) woman announced she was going to be a doctor or researcher but that doesn't happen very often. Whilst I have no knowledge of Alexandra's academic aptitude there are royal/aristocratic families um, not known in general for being academically inclined or particularly clever.
I know there are many in the world studying or wishing to go into fashion and the like (humanities in general is something different imho) - and on an individual level that's of course fine. I actually liked that Alexandra was very honest about studying Political Sciences out of interest while she hopes to have a career in something like fashion (others not from such families would not have that option and better study fashion if they want to have a chance). However, the number of people interested in this area in the upper class seems to be much higher than on average; that is what triggered my response. They do not have the burden that they need to find a 'well paying job', so could alternatively decide to do something different that doesn't necessarily pay well but would make much more of a difference in people's lives.

And yes, I agree on the men/business side. Most of those won't go into it with humanitarian reasons (although a few might); some even go into areas that seem rather unethical (making money of other people's misery for example/not contributing anything of value but just sucking money out of other people's pockets). Others might get positions of great responsibility and hopefully use them well (including making sure that those working 'under' them are treated well - in a broad sense).

I agree that Alexandra has inherited most of her looks from the Hanoverian side of her family, but I do think there is a slight resemblance to Princess Grace in her appearance too. She has different features, largely, from the rest of her maternal family which makes her quite intriguing IMO.

That part I understand but why do all of the dedicate themselves to arts and fashion instead of ...

I have a mansplaining theory, which might be severely biologistic and sexist too... But since this here is the Internet, the virtual try out zone... and perhaps it goes a bit OT and the moderators save me.

So: For the longest time human beings were hunters and gatherers. What means probably rather that the males were more of the hunters and the females were more the gatherers...

The abilities to hunt can easily been measured: tracking - how good; spear throwing - how far, precise; running - how fast, how enduring.

But gathering, that is more of a group thing! If one gatherer or better gatheress spots the berries, all harvest berries; same for mushrooms and so on... it is difficult to measure here.

But women have the "will to power" (Nietzsche) too! So, how can they show, that they are "valuable"? More than the others?

How are things gathered? They are put in a kind of archaic handbag. It was either decoratively selfmade, or out of materials the mighty hunter-husband brought home.

And until today many girls define themselves this way: either about the ability to decoratively improve things or

Woman A: Oh, what a fine handbag, is this crocodile?
Woman B: Yes, my loving husband brought it home. He hunted it down with his bonus cheque from Goldman Sachs!

And this is, to make a long story short, why young women prefer the decorative arts and fashion and older women luxury. :ermm:?

So, if the Princess Alexandra here is doing some fashion, she is trying alpha girl stuff and is showing her value-ability.

Now, please, don't stone me! It is just a theory!:flowers: Please!

Very interesting interview. I do, however, wonder why so many upper class young women want to go into either arts or fashion. Is that the norm? Men go into business to earn lots of money and they go into something artistic/that's about beauty?

Interesting observation. I as well have gotten the impression that in Europe the royal and aristocratic classes follow traditional/dated gender norms more consistently than the wider public.

I don't think the Arts are not meaningful - and fashion provides employment. And working in the one does not preclude doing something "useful" and giving back. All of Caroline's older children are or have been involved with charities in some way or another, I can't see that it would be different for Alexandra.

Upper class/noble/royal men going into business isn't necessarily helping the world or humanity much depending on your point of view. ;) Many just work for people already in their circle.

For Alexandra and many of her female relatives and friends, it's a chance to pursue a degree or course that fits in with what everyone else is doing and meeting the right people because it's traditional now, isn't going to take forever and fits in extremely well with their lifestyle. And they have ready access to as many private galleries and fashion shows as they want. That's probably similar for the men studying business.

Millions do subjects that are in the arts or humanities. Many, many university courses are offered in subjects that do nothing to help humanity but people that study them can in turn go on to do other things that do contribute. Or do charity work or just live lives that do more quiet good than harm. Just because she had a public profile and wealthy family doesn't mean she's obligated to do something amazing.

I'd be extremely interested if a young royal (or adjacent) woman announced she was going to be a doctor or researcher but that doesn't happen very often. Whilst I have no knowledge of Alexandra's academic aptitude there are royal/aristocratic families um, not known in general for being academically inclined or particularly clever.

I agree, but it leaves the question of why degrees and careers in the arts and fashion appear to be less in vogue among the men in royal and aristocratic circles in comparison to the women (and in reverse regarding degrees and careers in business).

She has quietly grown into a very beautiful young woman. She never shone as a child and young teenager as she was eclipsed by her sister and cousins who were all 'pretty' children.

But princess Alexandra has a quiet beauty and grace that seems to have snuck up on us. She doesn't mirror the latest fashions of the super rich in the society of the Riviera and Monaco and I cannot imagine her in almost any fashion her mother and sister wear. She seems to go for long elegant, uncluttered lines, simple chic hairstyles and there is an air of 'presence' and perhaps even self-assurance about her. Her style seems more Charlene than Caroline or Charlotte.

I had a feeling Alexandra would be a kind of late bloomer-if you can call 20-21:years of age"late". Compared to Caroline and Charlotte and of course Grace who all became world renowned beauties in their early teens..Alex is coming into her own a little later than they did.

Anyway, it is a kind of embarrassment of riches with the women of the Princely Family of Monaco. All of them, whether born in or married into that family , is beautiful/ pretty...not a plain Jane in the group.

Princess Alexandra fits right in.;)

There are plenty of well educated royal women and aristocratic women. Not all fashion and art degrees. Especially among the aristocracy. Among the royal women they seem to be a bit behind some of the non European monarchies where you see some major educational heavy hitters.

Those that come to mind from the European royals and adjacent ones (won’t go into the just nobility)

Alexandra of Luxembourg has a masters in crisis resolution.

Ella Windsor has a masters in anthropology.

Infants Cristina has a masters in international relations

Yeah a lot of the aristocratic men may have the more serious sounding business degrees but then they are off running vineyards or driving race cars and such as well. I don’t see getting a business degree to run a vineyard any more serious then a degree in art to work in a gallery. Flashy career in their social set. Many of the business sons are also those who inherit the large estates from daddy and study business so not to run it into the ground.

Just because they plan a career in what some think is frivolous doesn’t mean they are shallow and won’t give back. That’s their career not their life. Eugene works at a gallery but look at the work she does for charities and anti slavery.

Too soon to know what Alexandra will do in the future.

I tend to agree about Charlotte. I don't think she is so much cold and aloof as she is shy, and uncomfortable being gawked at and photographed by paparazzi.

I really cannot blame her.:ermm:

I tend to agree about Charlotte. I don't think she is so much cold and aloof as she is shy, and uncomfortable being gawked at and photographed by paparazzi.

I really cannot blame her.:ermm:

Why then does Charlotte turn up at fashion shows and very public events not directly connected with her being the niece of the Prince of Monaco if she is "shy" and "uncomfortable" being gawked at and photographed by paparazzi? I'm not claiming she doesn't have the right to do so if she wants to...but she can live a virtually completely private life if she wishes to also.

She also does fashion shoots and fronts for luxury brands.

Why then does Charlotte turn up at fashion shows and very public events not directly connected with her being the niece of the Prince of Monaco if she is "shy" and "uncomfortable" being gawked at and photographed by paparazzi? I'm not claiming she doesn't have the right to do so if she wants to...but she can live a virtually completely private life if she wishes to also.

Good question Roderick. My guess is that even though she benefits from trust fund income set up by her father and grandfather, she maintains a lifestyle that requires a LOT of money. I assume that she still has her horses even if she no longer competes. Agreeing to be sponsored by/represent high end fashion houses such as Gucci and St Laurent brings in the income to help her live lavishly in Paris, in Monaco and in the French countryside where she owns homes and also to found her own production company (Swoon Productions)

She enjoys living the lifestyle, but not what she must do to maintain it I guess.:ermm:

I was always the under the impression that she has to. Wasn't gucci and mont blanc transactional with her horses? Aren't some of these designers and events by people who are her friends? You have to take a picture to advertise in a sense.

You seem very hostile and aggressive towards charlotte. Damn just because someone doesn't smile all the time, they're a cold bitch. I've watched her in some interviews and photos and I just think she's uncomfortable and unsure. Being under the shadow of her mother and grandmother probably weighs on her. The expectation she had to look as glam etc etc.

Telling someone they're being hostile and aggressive because they don't share your opinion is a bit rich. And nobody, apart from you, has described her as a cold bitch. I think you're reading a bit too much into it.

I also don't think Charlotte is shy or in the least bit concerned by the reputation of her mother and grandmother. She is less outgoing than her mother. I think she is reserved about her private life and makes a distinction about what she does to earn money and what she is prepared to share with the world.

I do think she is most comfortable with people from a similar background and when she is seen with her close circle she appears more relaxed.

I think Alexandra has Caroline's lips and dazzling smile.

Alexandra is quite different from her Grimaldi siblings, just as her brothers are from their step siblings. She seems to be caught between two entirely different yet socially equal world's.

I hope she takes a leaf from her Hanoveverian brothers and lives a little more sedate life that gives her an opportunity to become an accomplished and confident woman.

I think Alexandra has Caroline's lips and dazzling smile.

Yes, she does. Her radiant smile has always been one of the most attractive things about her. It's infectious.

Alexandra is quite different from her Grimaldi siblings, just as her brothers are from their step siblings. She seems to be caught between two entirely different yet socially equal world's.

I hope she takes a leaf from her Hanoveverian brothers and lives a little more sedate life that gives her an opportunity to become an accomplished and confident woman.

Do you mean in a good or bad way? I only really like Grace, Charlotte and to an extent Andrea. Maybe it's media bias and we don't really know them.

Do you mean in a good or bad way? I only really like Grace, Charlotte and to an extent Andrea. Maybe it's media bias and we don't really know them.

Of course we do not know them at all. Just media snippets and pictures on social media tell nothing about a person. How can you like Andrea, or dislike Pierre, or like Alexandra, or dislike Caroline, or like Grace. All we know is filtered and framed through and by media. And Andrea or Pierre are not even royals or nobles or filmstars or musicians or sport stars, all we know is that they are sons of Princess Caroline. Essentially private persons.

Of course we do not know them at all. Just media snippets and pictures on social media tell nothing about a person. How can you like Andrea, or dislike Pierre, or like Alexandra, or dislike Caroline, or like Grace. All we know is filtered and framed through and by media. And Andrea or Pierre are not even royals or nobles or filmstars or musicians or sport stars, all we know is that they are sons of Princess Caroline. Essentially private persons.
They aren't noble but as prominent members of the Monegasque princely family, I wouldn't say they are 'essentially private persons'. As they weren't treated as such by their uncle. Until a few years ago Andrea was also the heir presumptive of his generation.

I don't mean things in a bad way at all. Sorry if it comes across like that. I'm a total newbie into the princely family so have so many questions and general wonderings. Came as a Grace fan and general interest in the rest of the family. I agree maybe there's been loads of bias thats stuck in my head from years. I've seen bad comments of tumblr, insta, even here sometimes. And maybe it's stayed in my head. I've heard about Andrea being a druggie but then someone says he's shy and the nicest. People say horrible things about pierre being a total privileged bad boy. I'd heard charlotte was a miserable spoilt but I watched/read her interviews and I really like her. Again I don't know much about alexandra but on the surface she's seems like a well rounded young woman so when I saw that comment above, the media bias came back. Are the casiraghis that bad?

Thats the minus side of being so private (which I think they are right about) people can write anything and project anything and you dont know who they are.

Thats why sometimes I'll ask questions such as do they talk about grace etc etc. I'm a newbie and just getting to know you guys and therefore monaco princely family.

I think today it's Alexandra's birthday.

Indeed!!! Already 21... :flowers: And thinking that she was only born yesterday... :eek: Times does fly... I am drepessed!!! :lol:

Princess Alexandra of Hanover @ Paris Fashion Week show Christian Dior 29 september 2020 / SS21

Alexandra von Hannover - Caroline's "little one" in sexy school uniform

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom