The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-27-2018, 01:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am sure she doesn't care!

Old 09-27-2018, 04:17 PM
Aristocracy

For years I couldn't believe that princess Caroline baptized her daughter in the Lutheran church. For what? For her daughter being in the line to the British throne? What a nonsense!

Old 09-27-2018, 04:20 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisaa View Post
For years I couldn't believe that princess Caroline baptized her daughter in the Lutheran church. For what? For her daughter being in the line to the British throne? What a nonsense!
No, she was baptised in the Lutheran church because her father is head of the House of Hanover and that is their religion not because she was in the line of succession to a throne she would never inherit. I think Caroline needs to be given bit more credit.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
No, she was baptised in the Lutheran church because her father is head of the House of Hanover and that is their religion not because she was in the line of succession to a throne she would never inherit. I think Caroline needs to be given bit more credit.

Right? They always think Caroline is so thirsty for a throne

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 09-28-2018, 01:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisaa View Post
How do we know that Prince Ernst-August, as her husband and the Head of the House of Hanover, did not insist that the child be baptized in his familys' religion and Caroline acquiesced in the name of marital harmony?

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-28-2018, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
How do we know that Prince Ernst-August, as her husband and the Head of the House of Hanover, did not insist that the child be baptized in his family's religion and Caroline acquiesced in the name of marital harmony?
Absolutely. Alexandra was born in Austria and not in Monaco and baptized as per her father's faith. I find this normal. At this period I d remember Caroline used to participate with her husband in many events related to his rank in German countryside also.
Alexandra is the daughter of Caroline but mainly the daughter of a royal highness head of house and royal highness herself so some thinks she follows her father's line
Old 09-28-2018, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

The most important part of this is that Alexandra apparently found the right way for her to express her faith. Good for her.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Good for Princess Alexandra. To wipe her royal derrière with that blatanty anti-Catholic piece of legislation - of a West-European country - anno 2018.
Quote:
The British Monarch is head of the Anglican Church it's hardly surprising. You wouldn't have a Protestant Pope.
Legislation that simply excluded non-Protestants from the throne would ensure that the British monarch is Protestant. That is, however, not what the British Act of Settlement does.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Legislation that simply excluded non-Protestants from the throne would ensure that the British monarch is Protestant. That is, however, not what the British Act of Settlement does.
Well, that's because of the history that goes with the start of the Church of England and various British monarchs from Tudors and Stuart's onwards.

It is what it is - Alexandra has made a choice of faith not an act of protest against the inheritance laws for a throne she was never going to get anywhere near - or whatever the original poster's vulgar expression meant.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:27 AM
Courtier

https://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_mo...nover-bautizo/

here is the article on Hola
Old 09-29-2018, 05:45 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
The most important part of this is that Alexandra apparently found the right way for her to express her faith. Good for her.

Couldn't agree more and still at such a young age.
Old 09-29-2018, 05:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Well, that's because of the history that goes with the start of the Church of England and various British monarchs from Tudors and Stuart's onwards.

It is what it is - Alexandra has made a choice of faith not an act of protest against the inheritance laws for a throne she was never going to get anywhere near - or whatever the original poster's vulgar expression meant.
I am surprised to find such an expression on this forum. And agree that Alexandra has chosen to become a Catholic, now that she's old enough to choose for herself...
Old 09-30-2018, 05:18 AM
Heir Apparent

For me it is very funny when people discuss about Alexandra's rights to the British throne. In order matter to have a valid sense it should at least occur the plegue - black death to destroy the whole British family plus he extended members.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:04 AM
Courtier

I wonder how Apexandra spends her time. Obviously, she is not a student any more. Does she live in Monaco?
Old 09-30-2018, 06:41 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
I wonder how Apexandra spends her time. Obviously, she is not a student any more. Does she live in Monaco?
I read somewhere that she is at university in the US but I can't remember where and I haven't seen anything else referring to that.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Excellent point!

Alexandra is like many, old and young who were baptized under one faith and spent a lot of time growing up in another...and once they reach a certain point in their faith, decide that the latter church was more an expression of their faith than their baptismal one. It happens all the time.

Old 09-30-2018, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Up until her conversion to Catholicism I believe the Princess was unique being the only non Catholic in the the line of succession to the Monegasque throne.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:04 PM
Majesty

Indeed she was. And as slim as her chances are of ever becoming Sovereign Princess of Monaco she has a better chance there than in Britain!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968