Princess Alexandra of Hannover Current Events Part 7: January 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alexandra is lovely - I'll look forward into seeing her progress at various events. I wonder if she'll start to help out Caroline with her charity work and royal engagements soon.

Alexandra attended the Dior Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2020 show as part of Paris Fashion Week today, January 20:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Princess Alexandra attended the Stephane Rolland Haute Couture Spring/Summer 2020 show as part of Paris Fashion Week today, January 21:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
Very nice photos, I like her with the red lipstick.

She reminds me a little of Princess Grace......very 60's look...love it:flowers:

Yes, that's the most glamorous photo I had ever seen of Alexandra. I almost did not recognize her.

She looks lovely!

Wow she looks very grown up and sophisticated. She has one of those baby faces, that she always looks quite a bit younger then she is. And her sometimes girly clothes add to it at times.

The photos are great but my favorite is the black and white with her in a pin stripe suit. I know her hair is tucked under, but the illusion of her having shorter hair makes her look more grown up.

So we now know what she is doing (or maybe I missed it, I had only read she was in school in the US but nothing certain). Studying political science and philosophy at NYU, though oddly wants a career in art/fashion. Seems odd choice of major.

She has quietly grown into a very beautiful young woman. She never shone as a child and young teenager as she was eclipsed by her sister and cousins who were all 'pretty' children.

But princess Alexandra has a quiet beauty and grace that seems to have snuck up on us. She doesn't mirror the latest fashions of the super rich in the society of the Riviera and Monaco and I cannot imagine her in almost any fashion her mother and sister wear. She seems to go for long elegant, uncluttered lines, simple chic hairstyles and there is an air of 'presence' and perhaps even self-assurance about her. Her style seems more Charlene than Caroline or Charlotte.

@MARG I don't know if I agree to the second part of what you said.
Alexandra has grown up in a beautiful young woman, with another type on beauty that her sister, but she still has Grimaldi / Kelly treats.
As for the style, she wears often items from her mum's or sister's closet. But I don't say that up to now I'm impressed from her style. In the evening fashion she often chooses outfits not very young, which she could easily wear in ten years. For the daily fashion she might be better but as mainly we see her in official outfits, we cannot really have an opinion.
But she is young and full of time and money to find her own style.

Ah yes she is indeed blossoming into a quiet beauty. I agree with debrann the first photo has that 1960's look to it.

She looks gorgeous in all those pics but IMHO she’s all Hanover through&through. Her current style (not the one in the pics) reminds me somehow of Charlotte’s style when she was the same age. She wears lots of Chanel just like Charlotte used to and like Caroline still does. And it seems to me like PC and her daughters are not too keen on makeup - even for more formal events such as the ball or weddings in the family, they always go for a very natural look with barely any make up on... ofc it doesn’t really matter seeing as how they’re all very beautiful women but I can’t help but to think it’s because European women think make up is somewhat tacky?

She looks more Hanoverian than Grimaldi, but her bone structure is pure Kelly.

Her cheekbones and her chin are identical to Caroline's.;)

Very interesting interview. I do, however, wonder why so many upper class young women want to go into either arts or fashion. Is that the norm? Men go into business to earn lots of money and they go into something artistic/that's about beauty?

Very interesting interview. I do, however, wonder why so many upper class young women want to go into either arts or fashion. Is that the norm? Men go into business to earn lots of money and they go into something artistic/that's about beauty?

Perhaps you have offered the answer yourself: The girls are upper class, they don't have to earn lots of money.

The Princess: Yeah, I think like @palomasie, she is more of a Hanover.

I think she is very Hanover but I think there is an air of Caroline in the smile and the way she holds herself. I see it more in certain angles.

She's obviously got her mother and sister's interest in culture so I don't think wanting to work in the arts is a stretch.

Anyway, a lovely set of photos that really do her justice. I like these clothes.

Another photo not in the main shoot:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_QRiG3hcNw/?igshid=2an0vub0hg6i

Perhaps you have offered the answer yourself: The girls are upper class, they don't have to earn lots of money.
That part I understand but why do all of the dedicate themselves to arts and fashion instead of something more meaningful (imho). Maybe it's my Calvinistic upbringing to think that you should contribute something to the world and use the talents and resources you have been given for the greater good; and that being given 'much' brings an even greater responsibility to use it well...

I think the photo shoot showcases who she could be now that she is old enough to form her own style. To choose what she likes and not what is age approprate. I hope she does as the styling for the shoot is full of possibilities.

I'm growing out on a limb here and saying that if KL had decided humongous ball shaped dresses covered in sequins and with knee to floor fringing was on trend Caroline would have worn it.

Charlotte's style is hard to nail down because you never know of she loves what she wears or it's a piece from a couture house she's contracted to and she's just the model. Either way you would never know from her aloof manner.

As to makeup? I understand the French are into skin care, sunscreen and red lipstick!

According to the article, all clothes were selected by Maria Grazia Chiuri of Dior but Alexandra could choose between the sets that were presented to her; and expressed that she really is a fan of the designs by MGC because she incorporates 'a message', artistic inspiration from women and a subtle form of femininity.

In addition, she also says that she goes through her mother's, sister's and sister-in-law's wardrobes and sometimes asks them in advance whether she can wear a piece (at other times they find out afterwards).

Last edited:
That part I understand but why do all of the dedicate themselves to arts and fashion instead of something more meaningful (imho). Maybe it's my Calvinistic upbringing to think that you should contribute something to the world and use the talents and resources you have been given for the greater good; and that being given 'much' brings an even greater responsibility to use it well...
I don't think the Arts are not meaningful - and fashion provides employment. And working in the one does not preclude doing something "useful" and giving back. All of Caroline's older children are or have been involved with charities in some way or another, I can't see that it would be different for Alexandra.

But I understand the point that a lot of these young women suddenly become "models" or "influencers" without any training or apparent expertise. She's still studying and still young, she may change her mind. Both her mother and sister have returned to their studies in recent years after appearing to drop out when younger.

I think she is very Hanover but I think there is an air of Caroline in the smile and the way she holds herself. I see it more in certain angles.

She's obviously got her mother and sister's interest in culture so I don't think wanting to work in the arts is a stretch.

Anyway, a lovely set of photos that really do her justice. I like these clothes.

I think these photos give a all new perspective of that little girl we used to know… Contrary to Charlotte, who was, from the early age seen as a «fashion» little girl and young girl, Alexandra was seen like a styless little girl, and suddenly, Wham!, here she is all dressed up. Her Hannover genes are, indeed dominant, but if you look at her from a certain angle, as you very well notice, you Carolinne's features in her: the eye expression, the smile, the cheekbone and… THE NOSE!!! ? :flowers: ?

I agree. She does seem to favor her Hannoverian side, but there is a quiet, understated elegance she possesses that both Caroline and to a smaller extent, Charlotte also have. Plus her bone structure definetly does come from her mothers side.?

Upper class/noble/royal men going into business isn't necessarily helping the world or humanity much depending on your point of view. ;) Many just work for people already in their circle.

For Alexandra and many of her female relatives and friends, it's a chance to pursue a degree or course that fits in with what everyone else is doing and meeting the right people because it's traditional now, isn't going to take forever and fits in extremely well with their lifestyle. And they have ready access to as many private galleries and fashion shows as they want. That's probably similar for the men studying business.

Millions do subjects that are in the arts or humanities. Many, many university courses are offered in subjects that do nothing to help humanity but people that study them can in turn go on to do other things that do contribute. Or do charity work or just live lives that do more quiet good than harm. Just because she had a public profile and wealthy family doesn't mean she's obligated to do something amazing.

I'd be extremely interested if a young royal (or adjacent) woman announced she was going to be a doctor or researcher but that doesn't happen very often. Whilst I have no knowledge of Alexandra's academic aptitude there are royal/aristocratic families um, not known in general for being academically inclined or particularly clever.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom