The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 01-15-2007, 11:01 AM
anag's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Miami, FL, United States
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
Great scan, thanks. Caroline looks wonderful and Alexandra is just cute as always. But what is that around her mouth?
I think it's one of those lolly pop things in the shape of a mouth, with little streamers coming out the sides of it. You suck on it as if it were a pacifier.

Ani
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-15-2007, 06:14 PM
Ianna's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: My little corner of the world, Croatia
Posts: 1,730
Thanx for scan, fandesacs2003!

It's great pic..relaxed Psse Caroline and candy Alexandra
__________________

__________________
On the last day of the Creation God desired to crown His work,
and thus created Kornati Islands out of tears, stars and breath.
(George Bernard Shaw)
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Ianna's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: My little corner of the world, Croatia
Posts: 1,730
July 07

One cute pic from current summer vacation..Alexandra and her little friend showing 'force' to the paparazzis

Girls in action

.
__________________
On the last day of the Creation God desired to crown His work,
and thus created Kornati Islands out of tears, stars and breath.
(George Bernard Shaw)
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-17-2007, 05:08 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianna View Post
One cute pic from current summer vacation..Alexandra and her little friend showing 'force' to the paparazzis

Girls in action

.

Thanks Ianna, this is cute! Apparently Ernst has primed his daughter well! Or she may have taken after Aunt Stephanie: I recall of seeing a similar pic of little Stéphanie making faces at the photographers.
__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-17-2007, 06:38 AM
selket's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: bryn mawr, United States
Posts: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Thanks Ianna, this is cute! Apparently Ernst has primed his daughter well! Or she may have taken after Aunt Stephanie: I recall of seeing a similar pic of little Stéphanie making faces at the photographers.
Definitely, Stephanie was the master.

I love the long straight hair on Alexandra, makes me think of Caroline as a girl. She has been fortunate enough to inherit Caroline's thick, smooth-textured hair and nice hairline.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-17-2007, 08:38 AM
acdc1's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: somewhere in, United States
Posts: 1,812
This question just hit me, and I had to ask. Was Alexandra baptised as a Roman Catholic? Because she is still in line of succession to British throne. I know her father is not, since he married a Catholic, but was she baptised one?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-17-2007, 11:05 AM
tdarlene's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Lagos, Portugal
Posts: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
This question just hit me, and I had to ask. Was Alexandra baptised as a Roman Catholic? Because she is still in line of succession to British throne. I know her father is not, since he married a Catholic, but was she baptised one?
She was baptised in her father's faith, she had I think 5 godparents and she's in line to the British Throne. But it seems that she's been in contact with her mother's faith because when Princess Caroline goes to church Princess Alexandra is with her sometimes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-19-2007, 05:21 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,551
Princess Alexandra having fun at the swimming pool (from DIVAeDONNA):



little princess diving

Did you see Mom, how clever I am?
__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Ianna's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: My little corner of the world, Croatia
Posts: 1,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Princess Alexandra having fun at the swimming pool (from DIVAeDONNA):



little princess diving

Did you see Mom, how clever I am?
Candid pics..Thanks Tosca! She has grown up so much...Soon she'll be diving as her mother Caroline on Pacha
__________________
On the last day of the Creation God desired to crown His work,
and thus created Kornati Islands out of tears, stars and breath.
(George Bernard Shaw)
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-20-2007, 01:05 PM
tbhrc's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: *Ruhrgebiet*, Germany
Posts: 9,376
Thanks for the pics ladies, here are two more pics from Townsends blog:

http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log...z_minutos_.jpg

http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log...minutos__1.jpg
__________________
_*_*_tbhrc_*_*_
'I think optimism is a choice one makes. For me, the cup is half full. Or maybe a quarter full. Or at least there is a cup.
Or there could be a cup…' (Princess Caroline of Hanover)
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-21-2007, 02:52 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,446
Thanks for the nice rare pics, Ianna, Tosca and townsend/tbhrc

They show so many different aspects of little Alexandra: the cheeky monkey
how brave and sporting she is, the cute little girl and the one who still wants to
be by her mommy's side and have her attention
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-22-2007, 04:08 PM
tbhrc's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: *Ruhrgebiet*, Germany
Posts: 9,376
Hehe, I've found the article that belongs to those pics I have posted. Here is the translated version:

Ãœbersetzte Version von http://www.diezminutos.orange.es/carticulos/201939.html

And the original:

La hija de Carolina,<br> la sirenita de Mónaco

Fantastic new pictures:

Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst-August celebrating Princess Alexandra's birthday on Pacha III:

http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259501
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259502
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259503
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259504
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259505

http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259506
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259507
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259508
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259509
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259510

http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259511 - love this pic
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259512
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259513
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259514
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259515

http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259516
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259517
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259518 - The Birthday Girl
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259519
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259520

http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259521
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259522
__________________
_*_*_tbhrc_*_*_
'I think optimism is a choice one makes. For me, the cup is half full. Or maybe a quarter full. Or at least there is a cup.
Or there could be a cup…' (Princess Caroline of Hanover)
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-23-2007, 09:48 AM
anag's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Miami, FL, United States
Posts: 408
I hope the Casiraghi Trio were around... somewhere! They all seem to adore Alex.

Ani
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-23-2007, 10:03 AM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,528
Odd, how they are both smoking cigarettes so close to her. You would think they would go somewhere else to smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc View Post
Fantastic new pictures:

Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst-August celebrating Princess Alexandra's birthday on Pacha III:

http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259501
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259502
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259503
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259504
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259505

http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259506
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259507
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259508
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259509
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259510

http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259511 - love this pic
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259512
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259513
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259514
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259515

http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259516
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259517
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259518 - The Birthday Girl
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259519
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259520

http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259521
http://www.facetoface.de/webgate/thu...UMBER=01259522
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Grace's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 788
Caroline is so chic in the last few pics! I wonder where they went for dinner...
As always, thanks a lot Tbhrc!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-23-2007, 10:52 AM
La Bouche d'Or's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Posts: 231
aww, this is so cute. Alex is 8 now, right? Wondering what the celebrations looked like. Maybe some party with other kids?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
I try to keep the timeline of events straight by what P.Caroline is wearing. But I can't keep up with all those changes of clothing ! Whatever she wore that day was very pretty, colorful and festive. Good choices for Alexandra's birthday ! Caroline and Ernst look very much in love again, it must feel so good for the little princess...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-23-2007, 07:12 PM
lea's Avatar
lea lea is offline
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 247
In the 4th picture down from the top, 01259504, she looks just like Stephanie!

Thanks for all the great photos.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
Was there a theme to the birthday party ?
Was it held inside, or why don't we see anyone who was invited ?

Parenthetically, the Grimaldis and other royalty may hate the paparazzis, but through the years, the paparazzis have caught such tender pictures between family members that they (royalty) could also be grateful to some extent. My son and I were recalling some moments from his childhood and it suddenly struck me that there is nothing tangible associated with these memories, (like pictures) and I wish there were. Those stolen moments between Caroline and her daughter in the doorway when Alexandra is hugging her mom in a very childlike way, how precious !
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-24-2007, 08:44 AM
Ianna's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: My little corner of the world, Croatia
Posts: 1,730
Thanks for article link (little mermaid) and pics, tbhrc!

What a lovely little girl..I bet she had wonderful birthday party

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
Parenthetically, the Grimaldis and other royalty may hate the paparazzis, but through the years, the paparazzis have caught such tender pictures between family members that they (royalty) could also be grateful to some extent. My son and I were recalling some moments from his childhood and it suddenly struck me that there is nothing tangible associated with these memories, (like pictures) and I wish there were. Those stolen moments between Caroline and her daughter in the doorway when Alexandra is hugging her mom in a very childlike way, how precious !
Indeed, iloveroyals...it's like 'two sides of medal'. That birthday hug is so precious, like that one caught at Prince Albert's enthronement...
__________________

__________________
On the last day of the Creation God desired to crown His work,
and thus created Kornati Islands out of tears, stars and breath.
(George Bernard Shaw)
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 5: January 2006 - January 2007 GrandDuchess Current Events Archive 170 01-15-2007 12:39 PM
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 21: May 2006 Elsa M. Current Events Archive 194 05-25-2006 04:46 PM
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 19: April - May 2006 Elsa M. Current Events Archive 188 05-03-2006 07:38 PM
Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde: Current Events Part 10 pdas1201 Current Events Archive 209 03-05-2006 09:23 PM
Princess Alexandra Current Events 3 : June 2005 - Aug.2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 163 08-17-2005 08:12 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman poland prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]