The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #421  
Old 09-11-2015, 04:03 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 32,700
.

Proud and concentrated mom Caroline watching her daughter in Linz yesterday


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old 09-11-2015, 09:04 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,680
Ahhh, she even seemed to take down notes! Good on her!
__________________

__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old 09-11-2015, 10:08 AM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,676
What school does she goes? She skates in Annecy what it is 6 hours from Monaco, so how often does she trains there? Is any rinks in Monaco? I guess they have to have to be able to compete in the grand prix!



__________________
Ashelen
Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old 09-11-2015, 04:42 PM
sm1939's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: london, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,299
She comes across as a lovely person
Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old 09-11-2015, 05:05 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,865
She attends a special sports school on Annecy combining high level training plus the usual school.
Reply With Quote
  #426  
Old 09-11-2015, 05:31 PM
lazuli's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 1,545
She sounds quite an articulated young lady who speaks her english perfectly ( with an american accent however... ) and who looks a lot like her mother ( in her features and in her deep voice ) when she speaks. She may not be what i would call a classical teenage beauty but she sure sounds like a very nice and happy young girl. Plus she shows a little touch of teenage shyness that's absolutely lovely. The interviewer though seemed to be quite an idiot...
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old 09-11-2015, 05:41 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,676
Is she in a boarding school? I do not want to be mean, sorry but by her skating I can not see her high level training........
I can see she loves skating, and she enjoys it a lot, and she has a great sportsmanship! but....high level of training, no, not way!
__________________
Ashelen
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old 09-11-2015, 06:17 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
She attends a special sports school on Annecy combining high level training plus the usual school.
Thanks for the info, I was also wondering what school Alexandra was at. I assumed she went to school in Monaco or Nice, though it's interesting to read that her school is in Annecy instead.
She must be very passionate about her sport - even if she doesn't win or isn't as good as expected in competitions, as long as she tries her best and enjoys what she is doing, it's fine.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old 09-11-2015, 08:15 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Is she in a boarding school? I do not want to be mean, sorry but by her skating I can not see her high level training........
I can see she loves skating, and she enjoys it a lot, and she has a great sportsmanship! but....high level of training, no, not way!
Yes, she is and it is high level, I believe. The "problem" may be that she started learning, or at least, taking the skating seriously only relatively recently compared to other competitors.

She really reminds me of Caroline and Charlotte in her mannerisms and the way she holds herself (a little more relaxed than Charlotte). I can totally see Caroline in the smile. Her American accent is stronger than either Caroline's or Charlotte's. She seems warm and friendly.

The interviewer was just inane!
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old 09-11-2015, 10:22 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
Yes, she is and it is high level, I believe. The "problem" may be that she started learning, or at least, taking the skating seriously only relatively recently compared to other competitors.
I was told by a good French friend, she used to train in Nice and may be now she train in Annecy but she is not like a regular kid , she has to attend special school in Monaco so her schedule is very hard to follow . As far as she knows she only skated twice a week so this is not high level of training. The ice rink in Annecy is the second best one after Paris for skating it is a training center and a lot of the Olympics skater had train there! for what I understand my friend it is not for academics school it is just for skating, so she must travel to Annecy for training but not in regular basis. So may be this is the reason of her skating level. This other kids they just skate, school , eat and sleep, nothing else she has to many distraction in her life to be focus in the same way this other girls do.
But Obviously she love it and it is very Meritory that she does it and her mother support her !
__________________
Ashelen
Reply With Quote
  #431  
Old 09-12-2015, 12:21 AM
Tiggersk8's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Evansville, Canada
Posts: 2,078
Princess Alexandra Current Events Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Is she in a boarding school? I do not want to be mean, sorry but by her skating I can not see her high level training........
I can see she loves skating, and she enjoys it a lot, and she has a great sportsmanship! but....high level of training, no, not way!

And you know this how? A few actual truths for you...

While it's the middle of the JGP, it is also very early in the Skating Season and it's not that strange for rust to show or even the top skaters to have a skate like that. It's called early in the Season.

It's the first time she's competed on the JGP, which is a huge achievement for any skater, but I'm also sure the nerves hit her big time too. Got her first one under her belt and it's onward from here.

Does Alexandra have things to work on, yes she does, but what I saw is someone w/great speed and flow over the ice. That can't be taught, it can be worked on, but it's one of those things a skater either always has or they don't. Also her presence out there is just amazing. Another aspect a skater either has or they don't. Considering who one of her Grandmothers is though, we really shouldn't be that surprised.

She's had a growth spurt the last year or two and there is not one singles Ladies or Pairs Skater out there who hasn't gotten nailed by the Puberty Monster. Some get off lucky and just need to tweak technique here or there and others suddenly have to deal w/a complete change in their centre of gravity and relearn everything all over again. I don't know if Alexandra is having to deal w/having to relearn her jumps and spins due to changes in her body, but it is a very real issue every female skater has to go through.

You don't want to believe what her ISU Bio claims, that's your right. I can tell you this, that's not something I have ever known any skater to falsely claim, because it's a very easy thing to prove or disprove just by going to her Training Facility and watching her train. Which does happen by an ISU Monitor who is usually a Judge and whose job it is to keep tabs on those Skaters they're assigned to on a regular basis.

I get very annoyed when I see someone question an athlete just based on one outing early in that Sport's Season *and* it's the very first time for that Athlete, in the Junior ranks at that, on what is considered the big stage of that Sport. Which the Grand Prix Circuit in both the Junior and Senior ranks are in Skating.





Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________
Recycle Life ~ Be An Organ Donor!!
Recieved my Kidney Transplant on December 10th, 1993 and will be forever grateful to the family of my donor for the greatest earliest Christmas Present I've ever been given
Reply With Quote
  #432  
Old 09-12-2015, 02:18 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I was told by a good French friend, she used to train in Nice and may be now she train in Annecy but she is not like a regular kid , she has to attend special school in Monaco so her schedule is very hard to follow . As far as she knows she only skated twice a week so this is not high level of training. The ice rink in Annecy is the second best one after Paris for skating it is a training center and a lot of the Olympics skater had train there! for what I understand my friend it is not for academics school it is just for skating, so she must travel to Annecy for training but not in regular basis. So may be this is the reason of her skating level. This other kids they just skate, school , eat and sleep, nothing else she has to many distraction in her life to be focus in the same way this other girls do.
But Obviously she love it and it is very Meritory that she does it and her mother support her !

OK, I don't want to doubt your friend
but I read an article several months ago (sorry, I can't remember where) that said she was now at boarding school in the Alps and that she was no longer at school in Monaco.
Reply With Quote
  #433  
Old 09-12-2015, 03:18 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 32,700
.

Here are some pics from yesterday, September 11:



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** gettyimages gallery **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #434  
Old 09-12-2015, 03:42 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 6,460
Whoa...every time I view this thread Princess Alexandra looks different! She is growing up fast. A very lovely girl, and she speaks flawless English with an American accent which surprises me since her mother and sister speak British and French accented English.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #435  
Old 09-12-2015, 03:57 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
OK, I don't want to doubt your friend
but I read an article several months ago (sorry, I can't remember where) that said she was now at boarding school in the Alps and that she was no longer at school in Monaco.
I have the same information also. That she is in boarding school in Annecy, in sports school, in order to train a lot, and of course not to miss school.
Reply With Quote
  #436  
Old 09-12-2015, 01:22 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Whoa...every time I view this thread Princess Alexandra looks different! She is growing up fast. A very lovely girl, and she speaks flawless English with an American accent which surprises me since her mother and sister speak British and French accented English.
Yes, I was quite surprised too. Maybe in a family situation if they are speaking English she hears more American accents - Stephanie and Albert have stronger American accents than Caroline. Also, I don't what kind of education she has followed in terms of the role models.

Speaking as a British person, I have to say Caroline's accent is not completely English - there are certain words that sound American. To be honest, I don't think Charlotte has a very strong French accent - she sounds quite similar to her mother. JMO, of course.
Reply With Quote
  #437  
Old 09-12-2015, 01:54 PM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
And you know this how? A few actual truths for you...

While it's the middle of the JGP, it is also very early in the Skating Season and it's not that strange for rust to show or even the top skaters to have a skate like that. It's called early in the Season.

It's the first time she's competed on the JGP, which is a huge achievement for any skater, but I'm also sure the nerves hit her big time too. Got her first one under her belt and it's onward from here.

Does Alexandra have things to work on, yes she does, but what I saw is someone w/great speed and flow over the ice. That can't be taught, it can be worked on, but it's one of those things a skater either always has or they don't. Also her presence out there is just amazing. Another aspect a skater either has or they don't. Considering who one of her Grandmothers is though, we really shouldn't be that surprised.

She's had a growth spurt the last year or two and there is not one singles Ladies or Pairs Skater out there who hasn't gotten nailed by the Puberty Monster. Some get off lucky and just need to tweak technique here or there and others suddenly have to deal w/a complete change in their centre of gravity and relearn everything all over again. I don't know if Alexandra is having to deal w/having to relearn her jumps and spins due to changes in her body, but it is a very real issue every female skater has to go through.

You don't want to believe what her ISU Bio claims, that's your right. I can tell you this, that's not something I have ever known any skater to falsely claim, because it's a very easy thing to prove or disprove just by going to her Training Facility and watching her train. Which does happen by an ISU Monitor who is usually a Judge and whose job it is to keep tabs on those Skaters they're assigned to on a regular basis.

I get very annoyed when I see someone question an athlete just based on one outing early in that Sport's Season *and* it's the very first time for that Athlete, in the Junior ranks at that, on what is considered the big stage of that Sport. Which the Grand Prix Circuit in both the Junior and Senior ranks are in Skating.





Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
You are right about the Puberty monster but normally affect the girls with triples not the girls with singles jumps. She did a single axel one double salchow and the rest it is all singles jumps. Her spins didn't have level.
And even though it is early in the season I do not agree what you said about top skaters to skate like her but of course we are all entitle to have different opinions ! Still it is very meritory what she did , she enjoys it and had a great presense and I think it is the first time ever a Princes skate in an event like that, which is great for the sport !
Regarding her training, it might be possible my friend it is not up to date and she moved to Annecy for training but she said she saw her last year and she was training in Niece twice a week and she was starting to jump single axel. So considering that she just started last year with single axel , her performance was very nice. Still she has a lot of work a head of hear, would be interested to see her in 2 years time.
__________________
Ashelen
Reply With Quote
  #438  
Old 09-12-2015, 03:10 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,865
I'm not a skate specialist, so I can not judge her perspectives, but she looks really love skating. Nevertheless hope that she won't be hurt by the Grimaldi syndrome. Doing many things in the same time, going out, touching sport, studies, social life and official representations, a little from many things and no-one deeply.
Reply With Quote
  #439  
Old 09-12-2015, 03:33 PM
DanskPrincess's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Las Vegas, United States
Posts: 18
Hello,Tiggersk8

let me first introduce myself :) I am 13 years old and i am a high level figure skater, I was injured for the past 3 months and wasn't able to skate. I just got back 2 weeks ago and i have my double axle and triple salchow back and working on the other triples, also had a growth spurt, but it doesnt affect my singles, doubles or spins in anyway. Yes, every body is different but i can assure you no one who has triples and gets a growth spurt will go to an international competition with single jumps. especially if she had this "growth spurt" 2 years ago as you mentioned, it should be fine by now. Also there were a lot of competitors that it was there first time, I know for example Anna Grace Davidson from U.S.A. it was her first time, she also comes from an injury and only skated 3 weeks before competing and she did triples. I do agree that Alexandra enjoyed it and was certainly graceful, but in America she would be in preliminary level. So to get in Junior you have to pass pre-juvenile, juvenile, intermediate, novice, JUNIOR, and then senior. I understand Monaco might not have other skaters with higherlevel, that is the reason that she gets to go. But with the way she skates i see it difficult that she trains 4-5 hours a day, 6 days a week.
Hopefully you will see me at the next JGP next year :)
Sincerely
Figure Skater




Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #440  
Old 09-12-2015, 05:32 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanskPrincess View Post
Hello,Tiggersk8



let me first introduce myself :) I am 13 years old and i am a high level figure skater, I was injured for the past 3 months and wasn't able to skate. I just got back 2 weeks ago and i have my double axle and triple salchow back and working on the other triples, also had a growth spurt, but it doesnt affect my singles, doubles or spins in anyway. Yes, every body is different but i can assure you no one who has triples and gets a growth spurt will go to an international competition with single jumps. especially if she had this "growth spurt" 2 years ago as you mentioned, it should be fine by now. Also there were a lot of competitors that it was there first time, I know for example Anna Grace Davidson from U.S.A. it was her first time, she also comes from an injury and only skated 3 weeks before competing and she did triples. I do agree that Alexandra enjoyed it and was certainly graceful, but in America she would be in preliminary level. So to get in Junior you have to pass pre-juvenile, juvenile, intermediate, novice, JUNIOR, and then senior. I understand Monaco might not have other skaters with higherlevel, that is the reason that she gets to go. But with the way she skates i see it difficult that she trains 4-5 hours a day, 6 days a week.

Hopefully you will see me at the next JGP next year :)

Sincerely

Figure Skater









Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
[/QUOTE]


This was all very interesting! Best of luck to you in training. I love watching skating


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Madeleine, Current Events Part 5: January 2006 - January 2007 GrandDuchess Current Events Archive 170 01-15-2007 12:39 PM
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 21: May 2006 Elsa M. Current Events Archive 194 05-25-2006 05:46 PM
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 19: April - May 2006 Elsa M. Current Events Archive 188 05-03-2006 08:38 PM
Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde: Current Events Part 10 pdas1201 Current Events Archive 209 03-05-2006 09:23 PM
Princess Alexandra Current Events 3 : June 2005 - Aug.2005 Gabriella Current Events Archive 163 08-17-2005 09:12 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit british catherine middleton style chris o'neill coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary eveningwear crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events denmark duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince nikolaos princess madeleine princess marie princess marie daytime outfit princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:52 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises