Princess Alexandra Current Events Part 6: May 2006 - December 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Princess Caroline's daughter, Princess Alexandra of Hanover carry out any royal duties in her father's homeland of Hanover?

Good question. We never saw her there. In fact we never saw Alexandra in Germany since her parents are "estranged". I remember when she was a baby or little child she was with her parents in some official events in Germany. But now never. We never saw Alexandra with her father either.

Last edited by a moderator:

She does not carry out any duties in Germany, she may visit Germany privately, but we don't know anything about that.

Good question. We never saw her there. In fact we never saw Alexandra in Germany since her parents are "estranged". I remember when she was a baby or little child she was with her parents in some official events in Germany. But now never. We never saw Alexandra with her father either.

In what year did Prince Ernest Augustus and Princess Caroline become estranged?

I think 2010. I'm not absolutely sure, but it was before 2011, Prince Ernst did not attend Prince Albert's wedding.

In June of 2009 (Jumping in Monaco) it was the last time that Caroline and Ernst were seen together. Then, in July 15, in Alexandra's birthday, he visited them in Corsica for some hours, during Caroline's and Alexandra's vacations in Pacha, their first summer vacations without Ernst!!

I think Alexandra should have finished the secondary school. Does anybody has read what she gonna do from now on?

I think Alexandra should have finished the secondary school. Does anybody has read what she gonna do from now on?

She is 17. As far as I know, secondary school is over for you when you are 18. I don't know whether she attends schoold in Monaco or not, but I think that she will start her finale year in September/October....

She is going to a
Sport school near Annecy, enabling her to exercise ice skating. If this school has no different schedule from the normal French school and is she did not gain any year she will pass her baccalaureat next year, in order to go to the university

I just googled Annecy, my Lord, this place is a paradise..!!
I am excited to see what she will do next, but i am 90% sure she is going to follow an ice skating career. Hopefully she is engaged, in contrast to Charlotte and her horse jumping activities.

Charlotte is amateur in riding, enjoys it in free time and by the way uses her facilities to promote it in less important competition, but she does not compete in those which are included in ranking.
Figure skating is totally different discipline - it's less commercialized and big sponsors (like Gucci) do not promote themselves this way. It's natural then, that when you start you compete, not just show yourself (like it seems in the case of Charlotte). But what I noticed during last year's two competitions of Alexandra in Junior Grand Prix she was simply enjoying the sport, but her level is really low (single jumps in the age of 16/17 gives her no chance to be a star like Zara Phillips in equestrian). Maybe she improved since her last competition, but we might not know - she is not on any entry list in this year's Junior Grand Prix.

Hello Vojthas, thanks for your comment.

Yes, after hearing that she would like to attend the Olympics one day, which I am still wondering why she said something like that, she made me logically think that she points to do sth more with the horse-riding career. But after some years of watching Charlotte, her results and her lack of engagement to the sport, enough people ended up believing that she turned to a different road with her riding career;
to the more hobby-like and have-to-participate-in-some-competitions-for-sponsoring-reasons.

I would like to point out that in Alexandra's case, she does not even seem to have the elastic and slim body that most figure-skaters have. Not that she is fat of course, but such skaters are thinner and less curved. However, I really like to see her proving that this alternative style of skater is effective ;)

Agree with @azure about Princess' Alexandra's corporate treats about ice skating. Nevertheless if I remember well Katharina Witt was also "heavy build" but she became one of the greatest champions of all times.
Out of the physical built, the point is that Alexandra is already 17. And at this age, if she had great ice-skating skills, they should be already known. Great word, or Olympic champions at the age of 17 they are already their countries champions and they have well gain already international meetings.
But she did non do anything yet, so for when could it be?
I do not know the international rules for ice-skating but in order to participate to Important international meetings, is it enough to be presented by her country ? Or she should have some gained points ?

Last edited:
I do not know the international rules for ice-skating but in order to participate to Important international meetings, is it enough to be presented by her country ? Or she should have some gained points ?
As far as I know some competitions have their eligibility conditions (for example World Championships) but in Junior Grand Prix in which she started last year the country is assigned some quota places in a specific number of events during the whole season and it depends on previous years results of the country. Last year she became eligible to start in this cycle due to age and I'm very surprised she's not going to start this year (at least it doesn't seem so for now). In previous years she had possibility to train only for a few months in a year, as there is no all-year ice rink in Monaco. As she moved to sport school in Annecy I thought she would learn at least some double jumps and include them into her programme. Unless she start in Junior Grand Prix and gain some good results she won't participate in Junior World Championships and in next years in other high level competitions. She might stop with her few titles of Champion of Monaco but maybe her love to the figure skating will change into something else than athlete career. Her uncle was not an outstanding bosleigh rider, but until today is very important member of the IOC, maybe that's the road for her?

Maybe it's just fun for her and she had the opportunity to combine it at an OK level with her academic studies. She did start quite late for her to develop into anything more than a fairly good amateur. I don't know why she said she dreams of going to the Olympics - maybe politeness, maybe she does dream of it but knows that's all it will be... It's nice that she can participate in something she feels passionate about - hopefully she'll be a little more realistic about it than Charlotte with her riding. We shall see.

Do not forget that her cousin Pauline did the same way. She shortly appeared as an athlete for diving, participated in a couple of events and stopped. She if course did non attend any Olympic games. Same style.
So to recapitulate we have four Grimaldis "flirting" with high level sports and giving up.
Prince Albert and his three nieces.
Strangely the only one continuing is Charlotte, maybe because the style of the sport is allowing this "amateur" presence.

Last edited:
Thanks @Vojthas.
But there were not the real Olympic games.

Princess Alexandra attended her first fashion show on her own!

She was pictured at the Haider Ackermann show in Paris today, October 1st:

** gettyimages gallery **

She seems a lovely girl. And she looks nice with the photographers.
I wonder why she is in Paris. It is not school holidays ? Or is she going to school in Paris this year?

:previous:

Paris Fashion Week is not enough of a reason to be in Paris??? :D

Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom