Princess Alexandra Current Events Part 6: May 2006 - December 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an impish, mischievous, irreverent quality about Alexandra that does not seem to exist among the Grimaldi-Casiraghi group, who are generally more aloof, or more defiant. I believe this trait comes from her father's side and I find it very refreshing. She sends 'feel good' vibes. Time will tell whether she becomes a ravishing beauty but she is interesting to look at, there is so much personality in her face and body language. Whether she loses the 'footballer's neck' and becomes one of the swans is another question. But there are many kinds of beauty and it's good that she is not a clone of her sister.

Princess Alexandra has competed in an ice skating competition in Monaco again today, March 10.
Proud mum Princess Caroline watched her and threw flowers on the ice :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Here are two additional galleries of the latest ice skating competition :flowers:

** ALEXANDRA DI MONACO AI CAMPIONATI DI PATTINAGGIO **

Without watermarks:

** Caroline de Monaco : Alexandra de Hanovre sa petite dernière sur la glace **

Thanks so much for all the wonderful links! :flowers:

What a joy it is to see little Alexandra doing so well in my favorite sport, she's a natural, after two years of coming in second she finally wins the gold medal! :cool:

At this rate she should, hopefully, one day compete at the World Championships. Of course one has to have reached the age of 15 by July 1st of the previous year, so she won't be eligible to compete at Worlds until the year 2015. :)

But if she gets too tall and finds it more difficult to complete the jumps (i.e. 3Lutz, 3Flip, 3Loop, 3Salchow, 3Toe, 2Axel), then she should consider switching to Ice Dance or Pairs. Lol, she just needs to find a partner in Monaco. ;) Ice Skating partner that is, lol. :D

CONGRATS little Princess Alexandra on your gold medal! :cheers:

She growing up every pretty. PC still have that very bad habit.

The winter sports season begins. Any news about Alexandra's plans for this year competitions?

I wonder her parents relationship affects Princess Alexandra of Hannover.
There aren't photos that testify to the relationship between father and daughter, after the separation.
Even photos of classic summer holidays. There are photos with her brothers Hannover, but not with his father. But Alexandra is a teenager solar. She is always smiling

priyanka said:
I wonder her parents relationship affects Princess Alexandra of Hannover.
There aren't photos that testify to the relationship between father and daughter, after the separation.
Even photos of classic summer holidays. There are photos with her brothers Hannover, but not with his father. But Alexandra is a teenager solar. She is always smiling

I ve noticed also! This guy looks NEVER seing his daughter, unless he does it hidden!
Anyway, Alexandra seems a joyfull girl.

Alexandra will be fine! She has many siblings, a caring mother, cousins whom I´m sure she sees regularly, as well as her father. And shee seems to be so friendly she will never lack friends. Only another child with separate parents who do not seem to get along badly, just saying.

Given the number of homes that he has in different countries I imagine it would be quite possible for him to see any of his children without the need or the possibility of being photographed by the press.

The German press is lurking .. alert .. A few years later some pictures would come out even and especially during the summer holidays.

A true ice princess; she's developing into a talented, lovely young lady. Maybe one day she'll be a force in the ice skating world. Thanks for posting, Iceflower.

I hope so but I doubt it. Mao Asada was landing triple axels at her age. Unless ofcourse, there are vids of her doing jumps.

iceflower said:

Princess Alexandra has participated in a presentation by the students of the Monegasque Federation of Skating on December 22, 2012. Afterwards the skating and ice show "The Christmas of Princess Sarah" was performed. Princess Caroline, Princess Charlene and Pierre attended as guests.

** monacomatin.mc video: Monaco: un spectacle princier sur la patinoire **

My DD is a serious figure skater. I give a ton of credit to Princess Alexandra. The axel does not care who your family is. And you pay for it in blood and bruises. For every one a skater lands there were 1,000 falls first. Well done to her.

It does take a ton of discipline for this sport and we only see the ethereal figure floating on the ice, not the behind-the-scenes grueling dedication it involves with all the accompanying injuries. I love this sport and every time I see a skater fall, I wince at the hard impact of body on ice. Not all young ladies can perform triple axels, yet they can be successful. So I applaud what PA accomplishes, and if she makes anything of her love of figure skating, good for her.

Last edited:
Can this be viewed anywhere else? It buffered on me the entire run of it. :(

Regardless, lovely to see her Aunt Charlene there giving support.

So...Since it buffered on me, I gave up after a minute and did I read right up above? Does Alexandra have her axel? If so, good for that young lady!!

It does take a ton of discipline for this sport and we only see the ethereal figure floating on the ice, not the behind-the-scenes grueling dedication it involves with all the accompanying injuries. I love this sport and every time I see a skater fall, I wince at the hard impact of body on ice. Not all young ladies can perform triple axels, yet they can be successful. So I applaud what PA accomplishes, and if she makes anything of her love of figure skating, good for her.
Kim Yuna being the perfect example ofcourse. :)
I do hope she will become succesful if she wants to pursue this as a career. And not take her big sister as a sporting example ofcourse. To become succesful in any sport, she will have to train 5-7 hours per day.

And she is looking more and more like her mom these days.

Can this be viewed anywhere else? It buffered on me the entire run of it. :(

Regardless, lovely to see her Aunt Charlene there giving support.

So...Since it buffered on me, I gave up after a minute and did I read right up above? Does Alexandra have her axel? If so, good for that young lady!!

Hi Tiggersk8, you can watch it on youtube;

Princess Alexandra's performance in Le Noël de Princesse Sarah, in Monaco

Note:
Princess Alexandra de Hanover has taken first place in her section at the 18th regional ice-skating championships at Briancon.:flowers:

Link

Congrats to her!!!

What's an axel??

Last edited by a moderator:
What's an axel??

An Axel is a figure skating jump with a forward take off. I think it´s named after a Norwegian skater.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
The axel was named after Norwegian figure skater Axel Paulsen who was the first skater to perform the jump in 1882.

Sad that his Father did not see her Charlène looks the best supporter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom