The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 01-25-2014, 07:12 PM
julliette's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,987
I think the main problem with Beatrice is not exactly her connections, but the fact that most often than not, her words don't match her actions and the way she lives.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-25-2014, 07:36 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bari, Italy
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
I think the main problem with Beatrice is not exactly her connections, but the fact that most often than not, her words don't match her actions and the way she lives.
Exactly! for a journalist I think is a huge problem .. but she doesn' t care ..
however, I doubt that she would like to become Princess of Monaco .. if she became confirms once again that she criticizes a way of life that really likes ... and she should say goodbye to the career ..

I think I've explained why i do not like her .. the word ambition summed up everything, even if maybe it wasn' t the most suitable .. but if she was a man I would have said the same things ..
I understand those who say that if it were in her place would do the same .. I'm on the other side and I know what it means to not have a job because there is someone more important than you ..
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-25-2014, 09:37 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattomatto View Post
the problem is not her relationship with Pierre or her circle of friends .. it's her job (and what she writes) to make her appear a hypocrite person .. because she criticizes a world (or at least a part of it) of which she is a part .. Making the "journalist" that goes against everything and everyone is very easy when you have an important family that protects you and opens all doors.. a lot of guys probably better prepared and more capable did not have half the opportunities that she has had, only because she's a Borromeo.. tha't why i don't like her..
This I completely agree with. She is a leftist when it suits her-which is in her journalism career, but a privileged socialite in her personal life, her real life.

Rebel by day, elitist by night. It is indeed extremely hypocritical, imo.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-26-2014, 09:50 AM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattomatto View Post
exactly .. I think she shouldn' t write about politics and economics, because many things written by her are ridiculous .. she once wrote an article on young people who cannot find work because there is no meritocracy in Italy .. without her family she would not work exactly as happens to many young journalists .. but she has had the opportunity to participate in one of the most important Italian political talk shows (before graduation) and then she writes for a newspaper ... I have many friends who are struggling to write for local papers ... She came directly in a national newspaper ..


She did a documentary about the mafia, that' all..
Bravo Gatto! I 1000% agree with you. The reason why I don' t like her either is that she is totally untalented for writing. Her articles often contains huge grammar and sintax errors. Plus they're extremely boring. She lacks pathos in her writings, which is not that good for someone who wants to be called a journalist. Did you see the video clip from 'Le iene' show where she stated she was a communist and an atheist, that noble titles are useless, that she wanted to marry a worker and that Montecarlo was a loathsome place?

Apparently it seem that the bosses at the newspaper have finally understood that she' s no talent for politics, so she's been sent to interview such great personalities the like of Lapo Elkann...

As for the mafia subject, that appeals so much to our foreing readers, well her film is full of those same old stereotypes and commonplaces, just to please the foreign audience. Besides let's not forget that some members of her family had business dealings with the Calabrian mafia, and are on trial for this, but she didn't write a note about that.
__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-26-2014, 10:17 AM
Liad's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 25
I don't know why but most of the Italian people i heared of dislike Beatrice and the rest of the Borromeo family, i really don't know why, but i'm sure they have their reasons.

I think no one can judge them without personally known them and more than that, criticize them for their social level and the fact they pull some strings for their own benefit and connections. Everyone in their place would do the same.

For me she and Pierre are a match made in Heaven ,and for me she deserved all the credit after made him settle down down 5 years by now after being a known playboy for along time .
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-26-2014, 10:36 AM
Princess Mahala's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: *, United States
Posts: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gattomatto View Post
Pierre is more and more like his father ..
I am perhaps the only one but I don't like Beatrice .. beautiful girl, but too snobbish and ambitious .. and above all too perfect to be true ..
Thank you lol.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bari, Italy
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Bravo Gatto! I 1000% agree with you. The reason why I don' t like her either is that she is totally untalented for writing. Her articles often contains huge grammar and sintax errors. Plus they're extremely boring. She lacks pathos in her writings, which is not that good for someone who wants to be called a journalist. Did you see the video clip from 'Le iene' show where she stated she was a communist and an atheist, that noble titles are useless, that she wanted to marry a worker and that Montecarlo was a loathsome place?

Apparently it seem that the bosses at the newspaper have finally understood that she' s no talent for politics, so she's been sent to interview such great personalities the like of Lapo Elkann...

As for the mafia subject, that appeals so much to our foreing readers, well her film is full of those same old stereotypes and commonplaces, just to please the foreign audience. Besides let's not forget that some members of her family had business dealings with the Calabrian mafia, and are on trial for this, but she didn't write a note about that.
I couldn't agree more .. For those who don't live in Italy she seems a kind of hero of journalism .. She's just a little girl with no ability ... and I am happy that finally someone has put her in her place ..
I didn't remember those statements on MonteCarlo .. the right person to become Princess .. I think she has not changed her mind ... but she is so hypocritical ...
Her family is involved in many of the things that she doesn't like ... but in that case it' s not a problem ..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-26-2014, 11:11 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Bravo Gatto! I 1000% agree with you. The reason why I don' t like her either is that she is totally untalented for writing. Her articles often contains huge grammar and sintax errors. Plus they're extremely boring. She lacks pathos in her writings, which is not that good for someone who wants to be called a journalist. Did you see the video clip from 'Le iene' show where she stated she was a communist and an atheist, that noble titles are useless, that she wanted to marry a worker and that Montecarlo was a loathsome place?

Apparently it seem that the bosses at the newspaper have finally understood that she' s no talent for politics, so she's been sent to interview such great personalities the like of Lapo Elkann...

As for the mafia subject, that appeals so much to our foreing readers, well her film is full of those same old stereotypes and commonplaces, just to please the foreign audience. Besides let's not forget that some members of her family had business dealings with the Calabrian mafia, and are on trial for this, but she didn't write a note about that.
dear tosca,

now you made me curious! do you happen to have some links to her articles or do you happen to know what papers she is writing for? would be rather obliged.

i have no real opinion on her but always regarded her and pierre to be better possible successors to albert (since it's getting more and more unlikely that he shall have a legitimate heir ) than andrea and tatiana who probably shall remain rich yet rather tasteless hippies for the rest of their lives (both in regard to their outfit and in regard to their profesional attitudes).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: milano, Italy
Posts: 20
This is the link to an article she published on Newsweek, for non-italian speakers who care to make up their minds about her writing:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...d-the-mob.html

I don't see many cliches in the way she describes these mafia women, do you?

Tosca, I read many times now your accusations about Beatrice's family being linked to the mafia. Since it is a horrible thing to be accused of and I never heard a word about it, could you post any type of evidence about what you say?

That's right, you can't. I challanged you to do it in the past but you were never able to show this connections-- perhaps because you made them up??
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-26-2014, 02:29 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate View Post
This is the link to an article she published on Newsweek, for non-italian speakers who care to make up their minds about her writing:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...d-the-mob.html

I don't see many cliches in the way she describes these mafia women, do you?

Tosca, I read many times now your accusations about Beatrice's family being linked to the mafia. Since it is a horrible thing to be accused of and I never heard a word about it, could you post any type of evidence about what you say?

That's right, you can't. I challanged you to do it in the past but you were never able to show this connections-- perhaps because you made them up??
thank you very much for the link!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-26-2014, 04:21 PM
Blog Real's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 324
Like Pierre. Is my favorite of the Casiraghi. I don't have an opinion about Beatrice because I know little about her.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-27-2014, 10:08 AM
marine2109's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 1,803
Quote:
Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo look loved-up at Monte Carlo Rally
Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo look loved-up at Monte Carlo rally - hellomagazine.com

Quote:
Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo picture of true love
http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_mon...orromeo-rally/

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...lly%2F&act=url
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-27-2014, 11:08 AM
talula's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 92
I think few people outside of Italy know who Beatrice is, to be honest.
Using personal connections towards editors and information is nothing new in the journalistic/reporting world. It's pretty much how the industry functions. And frankly, her using these connections for the pursuit of information instead of accessing all exclusive nightclubs (for example) is commendable, imo.
I think her spirits are in the right place, yet she seems to lack the discipline. Nevertheless, at least she's trying.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-27-2014, 01:24 PM
Tosca's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
Posts: 3,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryKate View Post
This is the link to an article she published on Newsweek, for non-italian speakers who care to make up their minds about her writing:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...d-the-mob.html

I don't see many cliches in the way she describes these mafia women, do you?

Tosca, I read many times now your accusations about Beatrice's family being linked to the mafia. Since it is a horrible thing to be accused of and I never heard a word about it, could you post any type of evidence about what you say?

That's right, you can't. I challanged you to do it in the past but you were never able to show this connections-- perhaps because you made them up??
I made nothing up FYI. I suppose you can read Italian, do you? Here's the article about the 'Marlane' scandal involving her family (and yours, perhaps. You must be someone in her circles...) for dealing with the Calabrian mafia. I didn't say they're in the mob, but that they did a deal with 'not so clean' people.

This article is take from 'Il fatto quotidiano', the paper Bea 'works' for.

I do not question her using her connections, but the fact that she is an incompetent. Luchino Visconti surely used his title and his connections, but this does not mean that he wasn' t a great film director. Hope it's clear...

Marlane Marzotto, questo processo s'ha da fare - Il Fatto Quotidiano

And here's a list of articles about the Marlane scandal still from 'il fatto'

http://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/tag/marlane/
__________________
Let's go back to the old, and we'll have a progress! (Giuseppe Verdi)
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-27-2014, 07:34 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bari, Italy
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post

I do not question her using her connections, but the fact that she is an incompetent. Luchino Visconti surely used his title and his connections, but this does not mean that he wasn' t a great film director. Hope it's clear...
exactly! But maybe it's a problem for us only .. maybe because we know how things work in Italy ..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-27-2014, 07:53 PM
azure's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: here and there, Greece
Posts: 1,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
Wow, his Italian is excellent! Just a very slight French accent. He's also very confident in front of the camera: he could replace Prince E. Filiberto on the Italian TV.
Having an italian partner, i think played an important role to improve his italian,

I don't think the other Casiraghis are so good at it.
__________________
Life is to be explored
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: milano, Italy
Posts: 20
Tosca, I read the article you posted and I still don't get it:

Because this company has the same name as beatrice's mother's family it means she's connected to it in any way?

Even more if you think that a few months ago, when there was an accusation of fiscal evasion made to some Marzotto people, Beatrice's mother made a statement saying she left the family company many years ago. Therefore bea and her close family are defenitely out of the picture.

And explain, to be on her side do I need to be in her circle? Can't I just have an opinion that differs from yours?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-28-2014, 01:44 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Having an italian partner, i think played an important role to improve his italian,

I don't think the other Casiraghis are so good at it.
He also studied and lived in Italy, his siblings did not.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-28-2014, 06:50 AM
Liad's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tel-Aviv, Israel
Posts: 25
Yes, he does look a lot like his late father. there is no Doubt about that.
But Stefano was to me more shy than Pierre is, and it seem's like Pierre is really out going infront of the cameras and the press, he looks really confident with himself with all the focus on him, much more than his sibilings that it seem's like the attention they get from the press bothers them.

Here more articles from Rally with more photos:

Le baiser fougueux de Pierre Casiraghi et Beatrice Borromeo (PHOTOS) - RTL people

Beatrice Borromeo con su novio Pierre Casiraghi de rally en Montecarlo - Zeleb
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-28-2014, 04:45 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,100
.

Today, January 28, Pierre arrived in the 'Autobianchi A112 Abarth' at the special meeting place for the 17th edition of the Monte-Carlo Historic Rally.



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman palace picture of the month pom pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:31 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]