Pierre Casiraghi, Beatrice & Family Current Events Part 17: January 2016 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I well remember that princess Caroline was present at Tatiana's father's funeral.

Interesting because here is Caroline at the 2009 Rose ball

Princess Caroline Photos - 2009 Monte Carlo Rose Ball - Zimbio

This was the same weekend as the funeral.

There is a pic of the couple in NY for funeral, with what some assume is Caroline but is actually Tatiana's mother. Perhaps what you picture :ermm:

Scroll here, 7th photo or so is when Andrea and Tatiana were in NY for it, in which people think is Caroline
Casiraghi Trio

If another photo please link as I find no photo or mention of her.

Interesting because here is Caroline at the 2009 Rose ball

Princess Caroline Photos - 2009 Monte Carlo Rose Ball - Zimbio

This was the same weekend as the funeral.

There is a pic of the couple in NY for funeral, with what some assume is Caroline but is actually Tatiana's mother. Perhaps what you picture :ermm:

Scroll here, 7th photo or so is when Andrea and Tatiana were in NY for it, in which people think is Caroline
Casiraghi Trio

If another photo please link as I find no photo or mention of her.

You 'are right. Those days there was the Rose Ball and it' s obvious she could not be at the funeral, but i -as I can remember- she went to NY next days.
Unfortunately, I cannot find the articles.

Pierre and his team were successful at the Copa del Rey Mapfre Sailing Cup.

Yesterday, August 6, the award ceremony with King Felipe took place and Beatrice was there too:

** ppe gallery ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Beatrice meets Pierre in Mallorca

http://www.hola.com/realeza/casa_monaco/2016080787650/beatrice-borromeo-pierre-casiraghi-mallorca/

Beatrice Borromeo recupera la sonrisa junto a Pierre Casiraghi en Mallorca

From Diez Minutos...
King Felipe hands out a prize to Pierre Casiraghi

http://www.diezminutos.es/familia-r...-pierre-casiraghi-en-la-copa-del-rey-de-vela/

El Rey Felipe VI premia a Pierre Casiraghi en la Copa del Rey de Vela

And from Semana...
http://www.semana.es/el-rey-premia-a-pierre-casiraghi-hijo-de-carolina-de-monaco-20160807-00742094/

El Rey premia a Pierre Casiraghi, hijo de Carolina de Mónaco"

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Last edited:
In Catholic funerals is just,exactly the same. You are not invited. You just show up if the deceased was a friend or someone meaningful to you.

Exactly. People are not "invited". But there is a mistake in all this. Are we sure that was a funeral? I mean, the coffin was there, so it as probably just the burial. Burials are usually more intimate affairs. I don't know what has the family in mind but in the catholic tradition, the funeral mass is usually held one week after the burial. Maybe the still haven't held it.

Anyway, in my case, I don't think I would attend the burial if the grandmother of my brother's girlfriend died. I know he has one, but I've never met the lady and I don't think it would be my place there. Probably Andrea and Charlotte felt the same.

His english is perfect, not the slightest french accent! Rather pronouncing like a german guy who is fluent in english or has spent a year in an english speaking country....?!
La entrevista más 'real' de Pierre Casiraghi en Mallorca

Really? I can very clearly hear his french accent. Even if it is not a strong accent and he speaks a really good english.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly. People are not "invited". But there is a mistake in all this. Are we sure that was a funeral? I mean, the coffin was there, so it as probably just the burial. Burial are usually more intimate affairs. I don't know what has the family in mind but in the catholic tradition, the funeral mass is usually held one week after the burial. Maybe the still haven't held it.

Erhm, no. In italy the catholic mass is celebrated just before the interment. After the mass, the coffin is transported at the cemetery for the burial. It's a strong tradition. Generally there relatives, dear ones and friends of the deceased person, follow the procession by walk, if the cemetery is not far off. In this specific case, the mass was held and soon after the burial followed.

They are really cute together!

Erhm, no. In italy the catholic mass is celebrated just before the interment. After the mass, the coffin is transported at the cemetery for the burial. It's a strong tradition. Generally there relatives, dear ones and friends of the deceased person, follow the procession by walk, if the cemetery is not far off. In this specific case, the mass was held and soon after the burial followed.

Quite the same in Ireland; it can happen that the funeral Removal and/or Mass could take place where the person died to allow friends, associates etc. have a chance to pay their respects and the coffin transported to the place of rest immediately after where again, people can pay their respects and/or pay sympathy to the family.

But yes, the religious services are held immediately before the burial.

No one is invited, anyone is welcome to turn up on the day, all are welcome - well in general! :flowers:

I didn't explain myself properly, I think. In Spain we also have a mass before the burial, but unless the dead person is someone "important" it usually is a smaller and rather intimate affair.
Since burials take place the day after the death and many people don't have time to schedule and attend, there usually is a second mass, the proper funeral, celebrated about week after the deceased person is buried, more or less, to give everybody the chance to attend.

I think it's a widespread tradition in most catholic countries.

An example: Rainier died on April the 5th and was buried the next day. Yet, his funeral was celebrated on April 15th.
Beatrice's grandmother proper funeral has probably not taken place yet.

Last edited:
In NZ as with most other RC countries the funeral mass is held at the church followed by the burial at the cemetery.:flowers:

I didn't explain myself properly, I think. In Spain we also have a mass before the burial, but unless the dead person is someone "important" it usually is a smaller and rather intimate affair.
Since burials take place the day after the death and many people don't have time to schedule and attend, there usually is a second mass, the proper funeral, celebrated about week after the deceased person is buried, more or less, to give everybody the chance to attend.

I think it's a widespread tradition in most catholic countries.

Not in the catholic part of the Netherlands...if there are many in the family who live far away then the mass and funeral are postponed for a few days but practically always within a week after death (usually there's also a get together after the burial for invited people to drink coffee and eat a few things, that's also part of the funeral day). 6 weeks after the funeral there is another mass, but that one usually is attended by fewer people (usually only close family and friends)

Maybe it's different for high profile people, don't know about that, but for commoners like me that's basically how it's done

This is not true at all . Please refer to Marty91charmed comment : that is how it went .

You have no idea whether it is true or not and you can not know it.. As I explained above, prince Rainier had a mass and burial, with people carrying the coffin, etc, the day after his death.
And yet, 10 days later he had his big funeral mass.
That's how it's usually done. It's tradition. And I seriously doubt that Italy is very different about this from France and Spain.

Unless you are closely related with the Marzotto family and they told you there is not going to be a second funeral mass, I wonder how are you so sure that there is not going to be one.

I don't want to start a long off-topic discussion, so I'll be quick and won't post nothing more about the subject after this post, but...

This is not true at all . Please refer to Marty91charmed comment : that is how it went .

OK. You made me check it. And seriously, if you have no idea how something works , I recomend you to be a little bit less assertive in the future.

In italian, specially for you:

Perchè dopo otto giorni dalla morte si celebra messa in onore del defunto? https://it.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090226230010AAkfMrC

From a more serious source than yahoo:
Che cos’è la Messa di riuscita? - Religione - Aleteia.org - Italiano

And even from the dictionary:

• 1 mus. Intervallo di sette gradi nella scala diatonica
  • 2 messa di s. (o di settimo), messa di suffragio per un defunto, celebrata sette giorni dopo la morte
Settima: Definizione e significato di Settima – Dizionario italiano – Corriere.it

And a proof that it is not a tradition from the past and it is still done:
http://www.atripaldanews.it/2015/01/10/dolore-e-commozione-alla-messa-del-settimo-di-elio-parziale/

You're welcome.

As I explained above, prince Rainier had a mass and burial, with people carrying the coffin, etc, the day after his death.

No, his funeral with coffin etc was days after his death. A head of state is not buried in emergency the day after his death. Kings, Queens ans Heads of State were at his funeral, with the coffin in the church, and this took place days after, not the day after.
He died April 6th and his funeral and burial was April 15th.

Last edited:
You have no idea whether it is true or not and you can not know it.. As I explained above, prince Rainier had a mass and burial, with people carrying the coffin, etc, the day after his death.

That's not how I remember it - Rainier's body lay in state and shortly afterwards (the next day?) there was a small private service (I don't know that it was a mass) and Rostropovich played a solo - Albert, Caroline and Stephanie, as well as Andrea were present.

The big funeral mass along with the coffin and procession through the streets of Monaco was several days later.

I have no idea about Marta Marzotto's funeral arrangements or customs in Italy - the original poster is Italian though. The only country that I am aware that is customary to have an immediate next day burial followed by a mass about a week later is Spain. The two funerals I attended in France were about 7 - 10 days after the death and were burial and mass at the same time.

No, his funeral with coffin etc was days after his death. A head of state is not buried in emergency the day after his death. Kings, Queens ans Heads of State were at his funeral, with the coffin in the church, and this took place days after, not the day after.
He died April 6th and his funeral and burial was April 15th.

You're right. I got mixed the date of his actual funeral and the date of the memorial 10 years later.

For God's shake, all these discusions about funerals and coffins are so macavre!!! and especially in the middle of summer!! Even Beatrice has moved to one step forward and has joined Pierre in Mallorca. After all, Marta was an optimist person and if she can see from where she is now, she would like only pleasant talks, like summer vacations. I'd prefer to know if Pierre and Bea are still in Mallorca.

For God's shake, all these discusions about funerals and coffins are so macavre!!! and especially in the middle of summer!! Even Beatrice has moved to one step forward and has joined Pierre in Mallorca. After all, Marta was an optimist person and if she can see from where she is now, she would like only pleasant talks, like summer vacations. I'd prefer to know if Pierre and Bea are still in Mallorca.

Indeed! How dare people die in the middle of summer? You would think they would know better...

Indeed! How dare people die in the middle of summer? You would think they would know better...

You didn't understand. I just think I 've been expert in the funeral customs and all this discussion is enough, at least for me. Instead of Marta's funera, I would like to know more about her personality, work and her relation with Bea.

You didn't understand. I just think I 've been expert in the funeral customs and all this discussion is enough, at least for me. Instead of Marta's funera, I would like to know more about her personality, work and her relation with Bea.

I did understand - I just thought it was a bit strange that you seemed to be suggesting that one season was less appropriate than another for such a discussion.

I'm sorry you don't like the discussion and I think maybe everything has been said that needed to be said ... but some people did have genuine questions about different funeral customs in different places - and they arose from the sad fact that Marta Marzotto had died. I don't think discussing those customs is especially macabre - but you're probably right that it's time to move on.

Time to move on...
Please get back to the actual topic of this thread, any further posts about funeral customs will be deleted without notice.

This is one Grimaldi/Casiraghi who's "aging" very, very well. ;)

This is one Grimaldi/Casiraghi who's "aging" very, very well. ;)

Absolutely correct.
When the Casiraghi boys were kids and teens Andrea was very handsome and Pierre insignificant and fade. Now is completely the opposite. Andrea lost all his beauty and become a shadow of the previous Andrea and Pierre's every day more and more handsome

Pierre indeed has turned into the most handsome of the two. He looks really, really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom