The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 08-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: There and about, Spain
Posts: 51
I didn't explain myself properly, I think. In Spain we also have a mass before the burial, but unless the dead person is someone "important" it usually is a smaller and rather intimate affair.
Since burials take place the day after the death and many people don't have time to schedule and attend, there usually is a second mass, the proper funeral, celebrated about week after the deceased person is buried, more or less, to give everybody the chance to attend.

I think it's a widespread tradition in most catholic countries.

An example: Rainier died on April the 5th and was buried the next day. Yet, his funeral was celebrated on April 15th.
Beatrice's grandmother proper funeral has probably not taken place yet.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 08-08-2016, 09:24 PM
debrann's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Taupo, New Zealand
Posts: 289
In NZ as with most other RC countries the funeral mass is held at the church followed by the burial at the cemetery.
__________________

__________________
Anything in Moderation
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 08-09-2016, 03:55 AM
Lee-Z's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Heerlen, Netherlands
Posts: 2,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
I didn't explain myself properly, I think. In Spain we also have a mass before the burial, but unless the dead person is someone "important" it usually is a smaller and rather intimate affair.
Since burials take place the day after the death and many people don't have time to schedule and attend, there usually is a second mass, the proper funeral, celebrated about week after the deceased person is buried, more or less, to give everybody the chance to attend.

I think it's a widespread tradition in most catholic countries.
Not in the catholic part of the Netherlands...if there are many in the family who live far away then the mass and funeral are postponed for a few days but practically always within a week after death (usually there's also a get together after the burial for invited people to drink coffee and eat a few things, that's also part of the funeral day). 6 weeks after the funeral there is another mass, but that one usually is attended by fewer people (usually only close family and friends)

Maybe it's different for high profile people, don't know about that, but for commoners like me that's basically how it's done
__________________
Wisdom begins in wonder - Socrates
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 08-09-2016, 04:59 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MILAN, Italy
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
Beatrice's grandmother proper funeral has probably not taken place yet.
This is not true at all . Please refer to Marty91charmed comment : that is how it went .
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 08-09-2016, 02:04 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: There and about, Spain
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by drusi66 View Post
This is not true at all . Please refer to Marty91charmed comment : that is how it went .
You have no idea whether it is true or not and you can not know it.. As I explained above, prince Rainier had a mass and burial, with people carrying the coffin, etc, the day after his death.
And yet, 10 days later he had his big funeral mass.
That's how it's usually done. It's tradition. And I seriously doubt that Italy is very different about this from France and Spain.

Unless you are closely related with the Marzotto family and they told you there is not going to be a second funeral mass, I wonder how are you so sure that there is not going to be one.

I don't want to start a long off-topic discussion, so I'll be quick and won't post nothing more about the subject after this post, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drusi66 View Post
This is not true at all . Please refer to Marty91charmed comment : that is how it went .
OK. You made me check it. And seriously, if you have no idea how something works , I recomend you to be a little bit less assertive in the future.

In italian, specially for you:


Perchè dopo otto giorni dalla morte si celebra messa in onore del defunto? https://it.answers.yahoo.com/questio...6230010AAkfMrC


From a more serious source than yahoo:
Che cos’è la Messa di riuscita? - Religione - Aleteia.org - Italiano

And even from the dictionary:
  • 1 mus. Intervallo di sette gradi nella scala diatonica
  • 2 messa di s. (o di settimo), messa di suffragio per un defunto, celebrata sette giorni dopo la morte
Settima: Definizione e significato di Settima – Dizionario italiano – Corriere.it

And a proof that it is not a tradition from the past and it is still done:
http://www.atripaldanews.it/2015/01/...elio-parziale/

You're welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 08-09-2016, 02:26 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
As I explained above, prince Rainier had a mass and burial, with people carrying the coffin, etc, the day after his death.
And yet, 10 days later he had his big funeral mass.

.
No, his funeral with coffin etc was days after his death. A head of state is not buried in emergency the day after his death. Kings, Queens ans Heads of State were at his funeral, with the coffin in the church, and this took place days after, not the day after.
He died April 6th and his funeral and burial was April 15th.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 08-09-2016, 02:39 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoia View Post
You have no idea whether it is true or not and you can not know it.. As I explained above, prince Rainier had a mass and burial, with people carrying the coffin, etc, the day after his death.
And yet, 10 days later he had his big funeral mass.
That's not how I remember it - Rainier's body lay in state and shortly afterwards (the next day?) there was a small private service (I don't know that it was a mass) and Rostropovich played a solo - Albert, Caroline and Stephanie, as well as Andrea were present.

The big funeral mass along with the coffin and procession through the streets of Monaco was several days later.

I have no idea about Marta Marzotto's funeral arrangements or customs in Italy - the original poster is Italian though. The only country that I am aware that is customary to have an immediate next day burial followed by a mass about a week later is Spain. The two funerals I attended in France were about 7 - 10 days after the death and were burial and mass at the same time.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 08-09-2016, 04:32 PM
melina premiere's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sassenage, France
Posts: 2,878
Please talk about holidays, sun beachs and no more funeral !
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 08-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: There and about, Spain
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
No, his funeral with coffin etc was days after his death. A head of state is not buried in emergency the day after his death. Kings, Queens ans Heads of State were at his funeral, with the coffin in the church, and this took place days after, not the day after.
He died April 6th and his funeral and burial was April 15th.
You're right. I got mixed the date of his actual funeral and the date of the memorial 10 years later.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 08-09-2016, 07:00 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nafplio, Greece
Posts: 384
For God's shake, all these discusions about funerals and coffins are so macavre!!! and especially in the middle of summer!! Even Beatrice has moved to one step forward and has joined Pierre in Mallorca. After all, Marta was an optimist person and if she can see from where she is now, she would like only pleasant talks, like summer vacations. I'd prefer to know if Pierre and Bea are still in Mallorca.
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 08-09-2016, 07:10 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
For God's shake, all these discusions about funerals and coffins are so macavre!!! and especially in the middle of summer!! Even Beatrice has moved to one step forward and has joined Pierre in Mallorca. After all, Marta was an optimist person and if she can see from where she is now, she would like only pleasant talks, like summer vacations. I'd prefer to know if Pierre and Bea are still in Mallorca.
Indeed! How dare people die in the middle of summer? You would think they would know better...
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 08-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nafplio, Greece
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
Indeed! How dare people die in the middle of summer? You would think they would know better...
You didn't understand. I just think I 've been expert in the funeral customs and all this discussion is enough, at least for me. Instead of Marta's funera, I would like to know more about her personality, work and her relation with Bea.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 08-09-2016, 07:24 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 937
Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
You didn't understand. I just think I 've been expert in the funeral customs and all this discussion is enough, at least for me. Instead of Marta's funera, I would like to know more about her personality, work and her relation with Bea.
I did understand - I just thought it was a bit strange that you seemed to be suggesting that one season was less appropriate than another for such a discussion.

I'm sorry you don't like the discussion and I think maybe everything has been said that needed to be said ... but some people did have genuine questions about different funeral customs in different places - and they arose from the sad fact that Marta Marzotto had died. I don't think discussing those customs is especially macabre - but you're probably right that it's time to move on.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 08-10-2016, 03:44 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 32,714
.

Time to move on...
Please get back to the actual topic of this thread, any further posts about funeral customs will be deleted without notice.
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 09-13-2016, 02:44 PM
eya eya is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 5,446
Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo for Expo 'Marco Glaviano

https://scontent.fgig1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...af&oe=58803701
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 09-13-2016, 02:52 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo for Expo 'Marco Glaviano

https://scontent.fgig1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...af&oe=58803701
Gorgeous.
I always have a look your her belly to see some sign. Pierre and Beatrice will be the first Grimaldi / Casiraghi not to "rush" into having babies.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 09-23-2016, 05:54 AM
eya eya is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 5,446
21 / Sept 2016. Pierre Casiraghi attends the presentation of the sailing competition in Sotogrande, Spain the GC32 Racing Tour.

http://www.hola.com/noticias-de-actu...09-2016/124585
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 09-23-2016, 03:41 PM
moby's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 807
This is one Grimaldi/Casiraghi who's "aging" very, very well.
__________________
It seems to me that origination is perhaps instinct, not intellect. -Joe Strummer

Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 09-23-2016, 04:59 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
This is one Grimaldi/Casiraghi who's "aging" very, very well.
Absolutely correct.
When the Casiraghi boys were kids and teens Andrea was very handsome and Pierre insignificant and fade. Now is completely the opposite. Andrea lost all his beauty and become a shadow of the previous Andrea and Pierre's every day more and more handsome
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wedding of Pierre Casiraghi and Beatrice Borromeo, July 25 & August 1, 2015 iceflower Royal Weddings 537 11-28-2016 02:12 PM
Pierre Casiraghi & Beatrice Current Events Part 16: January 2014 - December 2015 iceflower Current Events Archive 505 01-01-2016 05:23 AM
Pierre Casiraghi Current Events Part 15: January 2009 - December 2013 Zonk Current Events Archive 845 01-01-2014 04:30 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit birthday birthday wishes catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week president nieto; state visit prince alexander of sweden prince bernhard prince charles prince joachim princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 sonja state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises