Pierre Casiraghi & Beatrice Current Events Part 16: January 2014 - December 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True or not true? I bet for true, considering the shape of her coat.

Well, as i can see from the background, an exhibition maybe?
We'll get more pics i believe :p

I noticed onlynow that it must have been something official and for the palace, as the photo has the trademark of the "palais princier" on! Wow

So Tasmania missed out on CP Mary and her family dropping by, even though they are here in Australia.

Never mind - Pierre Casiraghi will be down in Hobart in a few days time when the yacht he is on sails in.

He will be the first member of his family to make it there he says.

Pierre is helping to crew the Italian yacht "Maserati" in the "Sydney to Hobart" race.

And "adverse" conditions are expected again this year - though not as bad as those of a few years ago when some people suffered shocking injuries/lost their lives.

Last edited:
So Tasmania missed out on CP Mary and her family dropping by, even though they are here in Australia.

Never mind - Pierre Casiraghi will be down in Hobart in a few days time when the yacht he is on sails in.

He will be the first member of his family to make it there he says.

Pierre is helping to crew the Italian yacht "Maserati" in the "Sydney to Hobart" race.

And "adverse" conditions are expected again this year - though not as bad as those of a few years ago when some people suffered shocking injuries/lost their lives.

Is Beatrice here with him as well?

Is Beatrice here with him as well?

Sorry Soula, I don't know.

I think it would be a good opportunity for her to see a bit more of the world than just Europe and the US.

If she was in Sydney today to see the start, or flies down to Hobart to meet up with Pierre, I think they will be so under the radar, no-one will notice.

Pierre is being referred to in the newspaper as "Prince Pierre" and his grandmother is being included - actress Grace Kelly - just to help people here know who he is.

Sorry Soula, I don't know.

I think it would be a good opportunity for her to see a bit more of the world than just Europe and the US.

If she was in Sydney today to see the start, or flies down to Hobart to meet up with Pierre, I think they will be so under the radar, no-one will notice.

Pierre is being referred to in the newspaper as "Prince Pierre" and his grandmother is being included - actress Grace Kelly - just to help people here know who he is.

I was just wondering because it's their first Christmas together as a married couple and if she hasn't come it means they would have spent it apart.

If she is here I hope we get to see some pictures, maybe the Italian press will pick it up.

I was just wondering because it's their first Christmas together as a married couple and if she hasn't come it means they would have spent it apart.

If she is here I hope we get to see some pictures, maybe the Italian press will pick it up.

There was a very quick clip of a group of Italian supporters - saying something in Italian - on a later news broadcast Soula.

I was doing the dishes and only just looked up at the end and didn't get a good look - but maybe she is indeed there.

Hopefully photos will come out - especially with Pierre's arrival in Hobart later this week.

Already a few of the yachts have had to retire - it's going to be a tough race this year due to the weather and ocean conditions.

I wonder if Princess Caroline is worried and keeping up with the news of the race.

There was a very quick clip of a group of Italian supporters - saying something in Italian - on a later news broadcast Soula.

I was doing the dishes and only just looked up at the end and didn't get a good look - but maybe she is indeed there.

Hopefully photos will come out - especially with Pierre's arrival in Hobart later this week.

Already a few of the yachts have had to retire - it's going to be a tough race this year due to the weather and ocean conditions.

I wonder if Princess Caroline is worried and keeping up with the news of the race.

Thanks Sun Lion. It looks pretty rough - gale force winds and lightning! Any mother would be worried I think. It's going to be a tough race this year.

Thanks Sun Lion. It looks pretty rough - gale force winds and lightning! Any mother would be worried I think. It's going to be a tough race this year.

It's only just gone over a day since the race started Soula and already twenty three yachts have had to give up with smashed rudders, shredded sails etc., due to this year's conditions.

At least the yacht Pierre is crewing on, is still in it.

They got ensnared in the buoyline between the racing yachts and the spectator vessels - back at the beginning - and so are really back in the field.

It's still something though, to just complete this race. That's how tough it is.

Last edited:
Line Honours have been taken in this year's race, with another two yachts having arrived safely in Hobart.

"Maserati" - the yacht Pierre is crewing on - is currently fourth in actual position. They must have made up time.

This doesn't mean they will be placed fourth in the final standings.

With so many variables between the different vessels, it sometimes takes days to work out the actual winner.

If Beatrice is there to meet up with her husband Soula, it won't be long now.

Last edited:
Line Honours have been taken in this year's race, with another two yachts having arrived safely in Hobart.

"Maserati" - the yacht Pierre is crewing on - is currently fourth in actual position. They must have made up time.

This doesn't mean they will be placed fourth in the final standings.

With so many variables between the different vessels, it sometimes takes days to work out the actual winner.

If Beatrice is there to meet up with her husband Soula, it won't be long now.

They've done really well considering the conditions this year.
According to Sky News they are expected to finish today and most of the others tomorrow, very impressive.

Sun Lion and Soula, i enjoyed your conversation:flowers: Had the need to mention it :p

I am looking forward to some new pictures of the couple in Australia! So lucky to have summery
Christmas!

Some related links:

http://www.yacht-club-monaco.mc/en/...ready-for-the-rolex-sydney-hobart-yacht-race/ From yacht club de Monaco

Video from yacht club de Monaco https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwUBu9VdxI
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...celebrity-factor/story-fni2frsp-1227688569269 article
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...oks-on-prior-to-the-2015-news-photo/502471694 (scroll down) from Gettyimages
http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Pierre+Casiraghi/2015+Sydney+to+Hobart/gEtyyR4lrmy some from Zimbio

Last edited:
Thanks heaps Azure, that's very kind :flowers:

I don't know about a summery Christmas, I'm over it!
It was 37C on Christmas day....

Anyway back to the race....I cant find any pics, I think I may give up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see any photos either Soula and azure, but Pierre was "estatic" about the race and he has made some post race comments.

They had to sail "Maserati" to Australia from Italy, and when they got tangled in the buoyline at the start, the crew had to jump overboard to sort out the problem.

(I can't post links from my tablet, but the article is "Soldini sail a classic Hobart race, for better, for worse" and Pierre's comments are among those quoted.)

Last edited:
I can't see any photos either Soula and azure, but Pierre was "estatic" about the race and he has made some post race comments.

They had to sail "Maserati" to Australia from Italy, and when they got tangled in the buoyline at the start, the crew had to jump overboard to sort out the problem.

(I can't post links from my tablet, but the article is "Soldini sail a classic Hobart race, for better, for worse" and Pierre's comments are among those quoted.)

Thanks for that Sun Lion

Here's a link to an article which refers to Beatrice tweeting about the race but don't know if she's here in Oz

It's in Italian (but gotta love google translate)

Beatrice Borromeo: Nel team di Soldini anche Pierre Casiraghi, gli auguri | melty

Well, Bea gave alone the answer to our questions, if she was indeed in Australia with Pierre :p:flowers:

I read her tweets whishing them good luck, but I amnot sure she was present. She may have well wished good luck fromt he other side of the globe, or merely staying at home.

Time to close this thread! The new thread can be found here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom