Philippe Junot

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Ducii, he wasn't..;)

Here's a recent pic of Philippe together with his ex-wife Nina
at a party in Marbella around one or two weeks ago. According
to the article they are divorced but still good friends:

Philippe Junot in July 2008

Nina is a strikingly beautiful woman...Philippe chooses well when it comes to his wives, I see!

I think Philippe was a good looking guy for the 70's (keeping in mind what fashion and style were hot at that time) and that he's now looking good for his age. Seeing his children and Caroline's, I think they would have had really good looking kids if they have had any together and that they would be a good looking couple if they were still together today.

He never seems to smile in his pictures...
Does anyone know how he really earns a living or how well he has done?

Does anyone have any more background into this marriage and the ages of his children? Victoria appears to be about Charlotte's age doesnt she?
victoria is from 86, alexis is from 88 and isabelle is from 90, if i'm not mistaken...i'm guessing for they grad year.
they all attended Rosey in swiss, but they went to swans school in marbela spain before that.

Sad news, at least financially, for Philippe Junot, who's been hit, like the rest of us, by the economic crisis. This from AP, yesterday : Philippe Junot was one of the clients of Rene-Thierry Magon de la Villehuchet, a prominent investor who came from a long line of aristocratic Frenchmen and founder of an investment fund that lost millions with Bernard Madoff. M. de la Villehuchet committed suicide in New York 2 days ago. Another famous client of his was Prince Michel of Yugoslavia.

Glistening Seas

It is sad that m. vill. committed suicide. It seems a little drastic?? doesn't it? They may have lost millions but wouldn't she have recovered from it?? It seems like an extreme reaction to that? Any opinions on thaaat?:poinsettia:

De La Villehuchet founded Access in 1994 with Patrick Littaye. One of the firm’s partners was Philippe Junot, according to the marketing documents. Junot is the former husband of Princess Caroline of Monaco. Prince Michel of Yugoslavia is an investor relations executive, according to the documents.

It is sad that m. vill. committed suicide. It seems a little drastic?? doesn't it? They may have lost millions but wouldn't she have recovered from it?? It seems like an extreme reaction to that? Any opinions on thaaat?:poinsettia:
It seems indeed a drastic act, reminiscent of The Great Depression reactions. It is all the more sad as it is happening around Christmas time (or Hanukkah) when many families get together and celebrate joy. Unless M. de Villehuchet was involved in a scandal, it may have been a matter of honor to him.
I've always had a soft spot for Philippe Junot, in spite of his being the bad boy knave type. To him, I would say, hang on to what matters, which is family and friends. May those who love you and whom you love rally around you in this sad occasion.

These people within the inner circle and out reportedly lost billions of dollars. It is always sad if one is pushed to a drastic move as suicide. However these and others became billionaires and played in a totally different playground. Their status is backed by their wealth and achievements. If both are lost, besides the guilt, they may be driven to drastic measures. Of course there are others who parade about as if nothing happenned . If one thinks we are talking Billions one can easily imagine who is involved in these investments.
Is it a fact that Phillipe Junot lost a lot of money??

These people within the inner circle and out reportedly lost billions of dollars. It is always sad if one is pushed to a drastic move as suicide. However these and others became billionaires and played in a totally different playground. Their status is backed by their wealth and achievements. If both are lost, besides the guilt, they may be driven to drastic measures. Of course there are others who parade about as if nothing happenned . If one thinks we are talking Billions one can easily imagine who is involved in these investments.
Is it a fact that Phillipe Junot lost a lot of money??
They just stated in passing on CNN that this awful scandal has cost many foreign leaders and royals millions, but did not state names. I am sure that we will never know as it is something that is personal income.

He appears to be a marketer of Madoff via Vill. only, not an investor.
To show you haw small time her is, I saw a company description recently, where her was a director and owner of part of it. The total value of the company was less than $100,000US.

Glistening Seas

:holly: However, the small business may have only be representative of "one" investment or company. So, if that one companys value was 100,000--he might have been partnered in other things and had many diverse other investments as well.
:reindeer: I'm no scholar, but many very wealthy people are heavily diversified. thus when a loss occurres there's still plenty others whom keep one afloat?? Didn't someone say he was from a wealthy family???:newyear::candycane::poinsettia:

On the web it mentioned that he and Prince Michael of Yugoslavia were working for the getnleman who commited suicide. They were supposed to market the products to the rich and royals through their connections. It did not mention that the two had any money invested in that scheme.

Glistening Seas

:) Umm didn't they know that it was a bad scheme to doing??

In the latest edition (from this week) of the Dutch magazine Privé (Privé), you can find a picture of Philippe Junot with his ex-wife and their 3 children. They were on a party in Marbella. I haven't been able to find that picture on the internet. Maybe there is someone who can scan this picture?
Here is the picture I've asked for almost two years ago::whistling:
August 8th, 2007 http://estaticos02.cache.el-mundo.n...joyas_chopard/1186587088_extras_albumes_2.jpg (copyright elmundo.es)

Here are two rare new pics of Philippe Junot, he visited the
traditional Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany on September
19, 2009. The Oktoberfest is a beer and amusement festival
and he celebrated together with the Prince and Princess of
Schaumburg-Lippe. No idea, what connection they have or
if it's just been pure coincidence ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

:previous:Who is the lady next to Monsieur Junot?

I think but am not sure that Philippe Junot lost a lot of money with Madoff .

:previous: I believe Philip Junot and one of the Princes of Yugoslavia were
working for the French gentelman (the one who commited suicide).
Indirectly they were working for Madoff but did not invest any of their money.

He has aged but he still looks the same if that makes any sense. He still has that "same look" that he had when he was with Caroline.

:previous:Who is the lady next to Monsieur Junot?
The lady is Sandra Cerfontaine, but I've no additional information about
her, I'm sorry..
Philippe Junot is 69 now, but I totally agree he still looks a lot like the
man he used to be ;)

Iceflower, you are a great person!:flowers: These photos are like an archives!:):previous:
It's rare to see the photos of Philippe Junot!
Thank you for posting them!:flowers:

It seems that he is aging well. I thought he was too old and worldly for Caroline, but they looked good together.

Sad news, at least financially, for Philippe Junot, who's been hit, like the rest of us, by the economic crisis. This from AP, yesterday : Philippe Junot was one of the clients of Rene-Thierry Magon de la Villehuchet, a prominent investor who came from a long line of aristocratic Frenchmen and founder of an investment fund that lost millions with Bernard Madoff. M. de la Villehuchet committed suicide in New York 2 days ago. Another famous client of his was Prince Michel of Yugoslavia.
Slightly OT, but related to above. If anyone is interested, the personal assets of Bernie Madoff and wife are being auctioned in NYC next weekend. The lots (jewels, furs, art) are available for you to see at www.txauctions.com. As a true metaphore for his like, most of the jewelry is very big and flashy but of very indifferent quality.

Whether or not Junot lost any money personally with Bernie Madoff, I would imagine that Junot is in deep financial distress simply because his Madoff commissions have gone to zero. Bernie paid huge commissions to get money - Junot is now getting zero from that. To make matters worse, Junot no doubt has plenty of angry/depressed friends who trusted him to invest their money and now it turns out that Junot put it with a swindler. To make matters worse, it now turns out that there was virtually no institutional money with Madoff for the simple fact that institutions do "due diligence" on money managers, and Madoff couldn't pass some simple tests (he was audited by a 2-man jewish outfit that operated out of a shopping mall in upstate New York - they have since pleaded guilty to fraud). Basically, the only clients Madoff had were people who either trusted Madoff because he was a fellow Jew (90+% of his clients), or were too lazy to do any due diligence. Junot, I guess, fell into this latter category. Junot and his gentile aristocrats would have been a welcome source of non-Jewish money for Madoff.

Junot was not certainly what you'd call a *handsome* man , but back in the 70's, judging by the pictures, he had that " certain something" ,he was quite sexy and charming, and I can see why a very young Caroline ( or any other young lady) would fall for a mature, experienced man like Junot was.

Have Caroline and Junot maintained cordial relations? Do they speak occasionally?

I think I remember reading somewhere that he was in contact with the princess around the time of her mother's tragic death, and that he had also offered his condolences after Stefano died.

But I am not certain.

Except for Junot Caro has made a spectacular success of everything else she has done in life- Ernst included as she has Alex from that marriage.
Caro is the fine outstanding lady she is today despite Junot.
There is something about him I cannot pinpoint as to why I do not think he was for Caro.
Junot is simply cosmopolitan; and caro is a an aristocrat through and through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom