Philippe Junot

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why in the world did he oppose the Catholic annulment on his marriage to Caroline? Now that just doesn't make sense. Maybe he never wanted her to be able to marry again with the blessing of the Vatican, which would have distroyed her parents.

Why in the world did he oppose the Catholic annulment on his marriage to Caroline? Now that just doesn't make sense. Maybe he never wanted her to be able to marry again with the blessing of the Vatican, which would have distroyed her parents.
Maybe it was out of spite. But supposedly, Junot softened his objection to the annulment (or Caroline was hoping that he would) after he had married and had children of his own. I think the annulment came around 1992 after the tragic death of Stefano.

LOL! It's a rather bland, mild, passive looking and behaving person. Whenever I look at the wedding photo of Caroline and Stefano it's the word that comes to mind(even though the Princess looked radiant)

Sorry, I've just never heard nor seen that word used before.

She wanted to settle down and marry and have children. Philippe still wanted to party. They did not have the same view of life, the same goals at that time. They had a VERY incompatible understanding of what Christian marriage is/was.

Who knows if things might have turned out differently if they had lived together first or if they had met when Caroline was older?

I don´t think she wanted to settle down exactly, i read in an interview, she said she wanted to get independence and live with her boyfriend, but it was not well seen at that time.She also said she married as a way of rebeling to her parents who constantly critizised her relationship. In her own words "it was as simple and stupid as that".

I don´t think she wanted to settle down exactly, i read in an interview, she said she wanted to get independence and live with her boyfriend, but it was not well seen at that time.She also said she married as a way of rebeling to her parents who constantly critizised her relationship. In her own words "it was as simple and stupid as that".

Oh wow, thanks Rosana. That's sad that she had to learn such a painful and costly lesson the hard way.

Maybe that is why she seems to take such a hands off attitude with the personal lives of her own children.

Maybe it was out of spite. But supposedly, Junot softened his objection to the annulment (or Caroline was hoping that he would) after he had married and had children of his own. I think the annulment came around 1992 after the tragic death of Stefano.
They asked for the anulment before Grace's death, Grace came to Rome for the first hearings, and, you are right, it came after Stefano's death!
She also said she married as a way of rebeling to her parents who constantly critizised her relationship.
...and also because after the pics on the boat, her parents had to announce her engagement because it was considered a scandal.
Poor Caroline, nowdays those pics wouldn't be considered that scandalous!

I was living in Paris at the time of Caroline's rebellion. She would leave Grace at the apartment and go out in the evening. Caroline would cut the neckline on her outfits so that looked even more risque once she left for a party.
There were many men in Paris like Philippe Junot --- wealthy playboys who bedded many young and beautiful women. Caroline was in way over her head. These were very jaded, sophisticated and older people who were used to this kind of lifestyle.
Once Caroline was caught topless with Junot by the papparazzi, the engagement was immediately announced. Junot brought a photographer pal along on the honeymoon
(to Tahiti, I think) and the subsequent photos were published in Paris Match. Not a very auspicious start to any marriage.
I think that Junot objected to the annulment of the marriage by the Vatican because of the reason given by Caroline for the annulment. Something like he entered into the marriage deceptively, never intended to have children, whatever. I am sure that the annnulment was a matter of pride to a very proud and egotistical man who did not want his reputation smeared.
Junot is the kind of man who should never marry. Somehow he has had the means to support himself and live a pretty quiet life. Still likes to hang out with the Euro crowd and pretty young things. Besides a book (?) he has written, he has managed to keep himself out of the spotlight. Stefano was a boy compared to Phillipe and EA isn't even in his league.

Well looks like she got what she wanted and Monsieur Junot was first on the line..........then came Stefano then came Ernst August.

They asked for the anulment before Grace's death, Grace came to Rome for the first hearings, and, you are right, it came after Stefano's death!

...and also because after the pics on the boat, her parents had to announce her engagement because it was considered a scandal.
Poor Caroline, nowdays those pics wouldn't be considered that scandalous!

what pictures are these ??

I found the article People ran the week Princess Caroline married Mr. Junot. Here is the link... The Princess & Her Playboy - Weddings, Philippe Junot, Princess Caroline : People.com
Sorry if this has been posted before, I barely ran into it and don't have the time to read through the whole thread. Enjoy the article. :flowers:

P.S.
For more People articles regarding the Grimaldi and Casiraghi families, including the birth of Andrea check out this thread.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/old-grimaldi-articles-5960-2.html

Last edited:
I found the article People ran the week Princess Caroline married Mr. Junot. Here is the link... The Princess & Her Playboy - Weddings, Philippe Junot, Princess Caroline : People.com
Sorry if this has been posted before, I barely ran into it and don't have the time to read through the whole thread. Enjoy the article. :flowers:

P.S.
For more People articles regarding the Grimaldi and Casiraghi families, including the birth of Andrea check out this thread.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/old-grimaldi-articles-5960.html

I remember it well...isn't it strange that a gypsy predicted at the time that Caroline would have THREE children?? Which she did of course, with her second husband.

And then she married Ernst-August and had a fourth.

Does anyone remember the Johnie Carson late night show where he interviewed the Argentinian tennis player (name escapes me) who was dating Caroline when she was perhaps 17 or so and Johnie asked him if she was a virgin? If I remember correctly Prince Rainier threatened to sue for defamation of character. These were pre Junot days.

Does anyone remember the Johnie Carson late night show where he interviewed the Argentinian tennis player (name escapes me) who was dating Caroline when she was perhaps 17 or so and Johnie asked him if she was a virgin? If I remember correctly Prince Rainier threatened to sue for defamation of character. These were pre Junot days.
His name was Guillermo Vilas, but he dated Caroline after her divorce.

Last edited:
Who knows Giov?? LOL I am having a lot of senior moments lately.
However would it make any sese to ask anyone dating a divorcee if she was a virgin and have her father riled enough to threaten a lawsuit?
I have to research this a little more.

Please everyone, let's get back to Philippe Junot! There are separate threads to discuss Stefano Casiraghi and Ernst August.

Thanks,

Mandy

Who is Philippe Junot?? I don't know this name....

I remember seeing a magazine cover that mentioned something related to him...it was around 1977 if I'm not mistaken.

The People Magazine article is very informative...it says Phillippe was lost at sea for 2 days when he was younger. And that he followed Caroline when the family travelled around the US in 1976.

what pictures are these ??

Junot and Caroline were out on a boat at sea and she was sunbathing topless --- could have been fooling around a little ... the papparazzi got photos and anyway Grace and Rainier were horrified, of course, and so the engagement was immediately annnounced -
(Much to Caroline's satisfaction, I am sure!)

Second time: Posts unrelated to Philippe Junot have been deleted. Please stay on topic.

Thanks,
Mandy

Have we established what is Phillippe Junot doing these days? Is he still a banker or whatever. Has he remarried? He still lives in Paris?

If I'm not mistaken he is divorced right now. There was a party in Ibiza like 3 years ago and he was there, and so was Chantal (with an Italian noble).

No, Ducii, he wasn't..;)

Here's a recent pic of Philippe together with his ex-wife Nina
at a party in Marbella around one or two weeks ago. According
to the article they are divorced but still good friends:

Philippe Junot in July 2008

You know, after studying photos of Philippe Junot I have to agree with those here who think he has sex appeal. He most certainly did, and for a man his age, he still has it. He's aged well. He's handsome in a very rugged way, and has a very masculine, suave energy about him. It's very easy to understand how a very young Caroline fell hard for Philippe.

I have to agree that when you compare Junot to Stefano, there's simply no comparison in regards to sex appeal. Junot wins hands down. As for Ernst......let's not even go there!

Am I mistaken or is he tugging at the ring finger of his left hand ? Analysts out there, what do you make of this ?

You know, after studying photos of Philippe Junot I have to agree with those here who think he has sex appeal. He most certainly did, and for a man his age, he still has it. He's aged well. He's handsome in a very rugged way, and has a very masculine, suave energy about him. It's very easy to understand how a very young Caroline fell hard for Philippe.

I have to agree that when you compare Junot to Stefano, there's simply no comparison in regards to sex appeal. Junot wins hands down. As for Ernst......let's not even go there!

Oh Johnnie dear, not all ladies fall for the ruggedy masculine sex appeal of Phillipe Junot.........I for one never found anything attractive about him. He was a party man about town and an opportunist. I still wonder what did Caroline find in him.

I wonder what does Caroline feel looking at Junots´ pics?

I wonder what does Caroline feel looking at Junots´ pics?

"¡Mon Dieu (Good Lord in french), how could I fall so low!"

I agree there is some animal thing about him, because good looking he was not. She reacted quickly, and looked for the opposite man, human beings are
very prone to that defense mechanism. Cassiraghi was a family man. She looked for integrity, and besides the guy was terribly handsome and rich. So good, because now we can admire that beautiful Casiraghi trio (provided Andrea is better). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom