The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

At the Nijinski Awards Chanel fashion show, I have never seen Charlotte looking so beautiful and composed, and it seems, for the first time to me, so aware of her almost unreal (mystical) beauty. She looks like no one else.But now, she adds a certain little smile that says, "I know you all find me gorgeous, it's fun, but I won't let it go my head, I have a life you know!" I thought its was interesting that she was so much taller than her mother in these pictures, and that (at least for the moment) Caroline has renounced her long hair, and like many women her age, chooses a short hairstyle. It was like an official passing of the torch.
As far as these constant black outfits go, I find them gothic and almost scary. Why are they so resistant to color ? Is Lagerfeld in control of what they wear ? Caroline at 20 did not wear black all the time. All the other royals of Europe wear delightful colors at public events. I hope Charlotte doesn't choose Lagerfeld as her designer for everything. For glamour, there is still Valentino, Oscar de la Renta, Versace, Elie Saab, all redesigned for her age, not for rich socialites. Charlotte looked so pretty in white and in pink. I am sure certain shades of blue or green or even grey would look marvelous on her, given the color of her eyes. Dressing her could be a wonderful challenge for a young designer. At any rate, her face is out of this world.

Old 12-18-2006, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

You are welcome, Radker and thanks Michelle, I wonder if Steph noticed it as well
At this link you can also see some pics of the last ballet shows of the Dance Forum: gallery of pics

Old 12-18-2006, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Princess Caroline of Hanover joins with young dancers during the Monaco Dance Forum, in Monaco to support young ballet dancers wich contributed to the Tremplin Jeune Ballets on Thursday 14 December 2006 - anp:

Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3
Caroline looks very much like her sister in these pictures, i dont know if its the hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower
Here are some more pics of Caroline -belga :

Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4
thanks iceflower for all the wonderful pictures.

Carolines dress was beautiful !! the black and gold looked really good together, i'd prefered if she had longer hair, it wouldve given a different overall look.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:48 AM
Gentry

Caroline is almost 50 year and still so beautiful.
We can follow her....
Old 12-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Serene Highness

i LOVE the picture of C and EA!!! They are beautiful!
Old 12-18-2006, 04:23 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks Love the B/W pics she looks beautiful as always
Old 12-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
Charlotte looked so pretty in white and in pink. I am sure certain shades of blue or green or even grey would look marvelous on her, given the color of her eyes. Dressing her could be a wonderful challenge for a young designer. At any rate, her face is out of this world.
I agree with you.. Very well said
Old 12-18-2006, 11:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by popje
Caroline is almost 50 year and still so beautiful.
We can follow her....
Princess Caroline is so chic and beautiful - I agree with you! There are sometimes outfits I think "age" her - her hairstyle right now I think "ages" her, but she makes it work....I prefer her with longer hair, but no matter how she dressed or how her hair is styled, she's always current and impecable.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:02 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, she will be fifty years young soon…

I like the new change of hair style. There are so many styles for short hair. The hair cut looks very attractive on her. It gives Princess Caroline a youthful look.

IMO, Caroline is really a dresser. Even though she prefers a lot of black in her wardrobe, it seems to fit her persona – elegant, classy, and conservative. If Caroline started wearing pastel colors, feathers, etc., it just would not be fitting because of who she is. If she changed her style of dress to something different, it just would not be Princess Caroline.

This is just my personal opinion.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by RADKER18
Beautiful pics love how charlotte has her arm around andrea they are really close
i think that it was the best pic of them since a very long time
Old 12-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatrice
i think that it was the best pic of them since a very long time
I totally agree. Wonderful photo of all three of them!
Old 12-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

I have always admired Princess Caroline, but honestly, I am not sure she would be considered one the most elegant women in the world anymore. Certainly, she can't wear some of the pastel colors she wore in her teens , twenties and thirties, such as the blue gown she wore at one of the balls, with Stephano, when she was pregnant with one her children, in 1988, (in my opinion the most ravishing gown ever), but she could still wear the dark blue of the formal pictures of her and her family, where she is wearing her tiara, facing the sea, or a sober dark blue evening gown, cut to fit her beautiful slim form,or the pinkish one at the 54th Red Cross Ball, or the gorgeous Jean-Paul Gaultier dress at the 2000 Rose Ball. She looks fabulous in red (1989, Flower competition or in 1997, in a red suit for the 700th anniversary of the principality, and also in cream-yellow, in 2000, for the Flower festival, or in a silver gown 2 years ago, and a pinkish one a year later. For me, black is not a synonym of elegance or does not ensure elegance (Queen Rania is the most elegant royal in my eyes, and she wears the most intriguing colors), and I don't think Caroline is that conservative or classic to begin with. Her Egyptian gold necklace at one of the Balls where Woody Allen was the guest of honor, all the small touches of fantasy, mainly in jewelry that she wore in her youth, the unexpected white or pink ruffles and ribbon she wore at The Princes of Asturias' wedding, all show a mixture of conservatism and daring. I think it's a good thing to change one's style of dress, even at her age, it did Princess Diana's wonders and certainly some of our reigning queens could use it. I just wonder if Caroline is not caught in a rut right now, and overly managed in what she is told to wear, which goes from super sonservative (and a bit boring, to not tastily eccentric). I also find that some of her black gowns border on the ridiculous (the one she wore at the AMADE awards in Boston and a little later at a wedding in Germany). That's just my opinion, but I regret the time she had that "panache", that inimitable signature in her dress that we all wanted to imitate (and in parentheses, which made her mother look hopelessly old-fashioned). I don't mean to offend or anger or seem to lecture anyone with my statements, I love how different people look at fashion and learn a lot from their observations and comments. I am just sharing mine (Sorry also, this might belong in the thread on Caroline's style.)
Old 12-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals
I also find that some of her black gowns border on the ridiculous (the one she wore at the AMADE awards in Boston and a little later at a wedding in Germany)
I think that dress was dark blue iloveroyals, but i agree with you, she´s become boring and i´m afraid her daughter imitates her. I miss the times when she dressed in red, blue, at the Red Cross and Rose Ball, she was so glamorous at least, it was mainly in the 80´s. She has completly dissapointed me this last years.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
I think that dress was dark blue iloveroyals, but i agree with you, she´s become boring and i´m afraid her daughter imitates her. I miss the times when she dressed in red, blue, at the Red Cross and Rose Ball, she was so glamorous at least, it was mainly in the 80´s. She has completly dissapointed me this last years.
Rosana, I'll be more than glad to dress either one of them for you!

Dave
Old 12-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw2108
Rosana, I'll be more than glad to dress either one of them for you!

Dave
, that's cheeky..
Old 12-20-2006, 02:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosana
Do not forget that in the 80s she was much much younger, and after that she faced also her husbands death.
I think the most gracious sign of elegance is to accept that you are getting older, and to adapt your style consequently. Many women in their 50s, when they are well conserved and with a nice shape fall into the "trap" to dress like teans, with flashy colours, short dresses and exorbitant hair. When you are seen from the back you are like a young girl, but from the front... Ivana Trupm is well conserved, but her way of dressing is ridiculous. On the other side, women like Isabel Preysler are wonderfull and absolutely classy but not flashy.
To go back to Caroline, i did not like this dark blue dress either. But the black and light pink Chanel outfit worn in Spain wedding eve ball, and the light beige worn in the Danish weddinf were absolutely fabulous, and for me put Caroline in the top of all.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Nobility

^I agree.The Ivana Trump example was very good!I can't imagine Caroline wearing red nowdays at the Red Cross Gala..
Old 12-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

I can. It's not the color so much that counts as how the gown is cut, what shade it is. I know that at my age (almost 54), everybody still thinks red is my best color and would be disappointed if I should make it a rule not to wear it because of my age.
I also think we dress for the living, not for the dead. I think the idea of being in mourning is a very good one, as a transitional period that is both private and public and must be honored and respected by one's entourage, but when you go on to a new life, a new love, a new child, we must honor them too by dressing for them, for the new life they gift us with, not the departed. It was interesting at Albert's coronation the contrast between Stephanie's outfit and Caroline's outfit. There was something a bit gloomy in that grey coat and hat caroline wore, whereas Stephanie wore a flower motif two piece outfit that spelled absolute happiness for the occasion, and a theme of renewal. And we can't accuse Stephanie of not having loved her father ! It just seemed as if Caroline couldn't make up her mind as to how joyous the event was, and chose something very formal and sobering to celebrate the event, when Stephanie celebrated her brother.
The Ivana Trump example was so funny ! It would never occur to me to associate them in my mind, even to emphasize a contrast, but it certainly makes the point !
Old 12-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Photos taken by Lagerfeld at the event -> link !
Old 12-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Nobility

AWESOME!Thanks a million Michelle..!!!