Monaco Dance Forum 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that this Friday Renata? As in, today?

Finally .... the Third Act ! Tickets are on sale from today. Performances from 30th June to 17th July.

Some unusual performances, including the Monaco Fire Brigade, performing with one female dancer, in the Big Top at Fontvieille.

Also an international collaboration between dancers (Monaco), scenographers (Berlin) costume makers (Venice), choreographers and artists....

La billetterie vient d'ouvrir pour le dernier acte | nicematin.com

I recently saw where Paul McCartney said that he had been commisioned to write a ballet. Wouldn't it be cool if it turned out to be for Monaco?

In Monaco Info on the Government website, they are showing a range of excerpts from the "Ballets Russes" cycle.
I'm watching this at 11am (12 noon in Europe)

The Ballets de Monte-Carlo at the Grimaldi Forum:

A stage curtain by Valerio Adami will mark the opening of the program of three creations by Greco, Inger and Maillot.
April 20, 21, 22, 23 and 24 April 2011.

Login | Facebook

News from Monaco / Trois questions à ......

.........Jean-Christophe Maillot, director of the Ballets de Monte-Carlo:

"... there will be three dates: 8th, 9th and 10th July. I've dreamt about this project for a long time."

It consists of "Bartabas" with 32 horses from the Académie de Versailles, and of the 16 dancers from the compagnie Carolyn Carlson.
The spectacle will only be performed three times per month.

(Caroline and JCM created the Monaco Dance Forum in 1998)

Accueil > Actualités > 3 Questions à Jean-Christophe Maillot, directeur des Ballets de Monte-Carlo(Fr)

Forgot the data about the Benois Prize...

Alexandre Benois - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Russian designer, choreograph, historian, and much else besides

Monaco's interest in him: He was a designer for the Ballets Russes under Serge Diaghilev - and Monaco has had many months (or years?) of this type of dance, rejuvenated through the work of the Monaco Dance Forum and the Ballets de Monte Carlo

Les Ballets de Monte Carlo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ballets Russes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sergei Diaghilev - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Académie de danse Princesse Grâce

The Academy has had a new director, Nicolas Masala, for two years.
Now it's show time !

The image of lots of parents and grandparents waiting anxiously is gone.
Now there is a school of excellence for young prodigies.
When they leave, they will be applying for the most prestigious ballet companies, including the Ballets de Monte-Carlo.

http://www.monaco.mc/Pages/cache/offonce/Accueil/monaco_actualites/toute_l_actu/culture/academie_de_danse___les_jeunes_prodiges_sur_scene;jsessionid=5B2D0127B860D8C99D8B5F290F86A0D1.node2

Has something gone wrong with this page??

Last edited by a moderator:
There was also a Gala Concert on June 22nd:

Concert de Gala des élèves de l'Académie de Musique et de Théatre Rainier III

This is the last event before the holidays.

They went four times to Cap Fleuri...

The Dream / Le Songe, performed at the Salle Garnier by the Ballets de Monte-Carlo.... and it's the end of the season again.

Performances in Catania (Sicily) .... seventeen performances in Monaco, and 54 abroad ..... total of 75000 spectators.... and cultural ambassadors for the Principality....... 50 dancers from 28 nationalities.....

Jean-Christophe Maillot has been there since 1993.

Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo ambassadeurs de la Principauté | monacomatin.com

I wonder if this will be a good thing -I'm always a little suspicious when events merge that something is lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom