International Jumping de Monte-Carlo: 2006 - 2019, 2021 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
anag said:
Also, it looked as if she was smoking Marlboros, but I'm not sure, I couldn't see the color of the pack and since I don't smoke, Marls are the only ones that came to mind.

Ani, I think Caro's cigies must have been Winstons. That is what she always has in pics where you can see very clearly. They come in a red pack similar to Marlboros and I mistook them for Marlboros until someone corrected me awhile ago. So I would say she had her usual Winston Reds. It is interesting about her not smoking them down to the buds. I am not a smoker so I don't know much, but it seems uncommon not to smoke them all the way, but maybe Caro does not like the taste once they get down to a certain point, who knows, but it is interesting. It's one of those individual traits that are always so fascinating to learn about the Grimaldis!

Last edited:
My father is a doctor, and he always says, well first he advices not to smoke as it is unhealthy, but if someone smokes he suggests to smoke the cigarette only up to a certain point: apparently the chemicals are more concentrated at the "end" of the cigarettes and thus cause more harm. I don't know the specifics, and I have no idea why Caro has such a habit, but I thought my post could at least be a good suggestion for smokers among us...

Grace said:
My father is a doctor, and he always says, well first he advices not to smoke as it is unhealthy, but if someone smokes he suggests to smoke the cigarette only up to a certain point: apparently the chemicals are more concentrated at the "end" of the cigarettes and thus cause more harm. I don't know the specifics, and I have no idea why Caro has such a habit, but I thought my post could at least be a good suggestion for smokers among us...
if caroline smoke habit is because of her knowledge of the same thing your father said, then I guess its a good thing to do....at least she is conscious enough to know that smoking is bad!!

auroraDaniel said:
if caroline smoke habit is because of her knowledge of the same thing your father said, then I guess its a good thing to do....at least she is conscious enough to know that smoking is bad!!

But whatever she spares herself by not smoking all the way to the "end" she probably gets anyway from the sheer quantity of the smoking she's doing. It doesn't make sense to think she might be "healthier" because she stops at a certain point, but picks up cigarette after cigarette constantly. Chain smoking cigarettes halfway must be just as bad as smoking one a day all the way, if that makes any sense. Not that I'm criticizing... no no, I have no problem with people who smoke, and Caroline is no exception. I do not smoke myself, that's my choice, but I don't judge people who do. I'm just making a point that I think Caroline is deluding herself if she thinks chain smoking "halfway" is healthier than smoking to the "ends".

there were reports about Caroline smoking 80 cigarettes a day and more (you know these reports) - if she skmokes her winstons just the half lenghth - it's only 40 to 50 cigarettes a day and that's o.k. in my opinion.
i think that Caroline is highly encouraged by EA to smoke - he smokes really much and Caroline doesn't want to disapoint him, so she makes all efforts to smoke the same amount as EA ?!

This is pretty bad as cigarettes can cause lots of harm to people. Pasive and active ones.

pwroble said:
i'm pretty sure that charlotte doesn't smoke, we only saw her once smoking and that was 3 or 4 years ago in that park. I'm positive that she is not smoking. Or does anyone disagree?

I also heard that Charlotte did not smoke. She might have smoked a few years ago but it was something incidental.

Ive seen a more recent picture where she was with Felix and she was smoking, so probably less than 2 years ago.

i truly hope that charlotte stopped smoking already.... i hate to see my fav girl doing something that will someday show up on her face ;)

Okay Stff 13 if you want to see Charlotte smoke please look at my site in the July 2005 log.
http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log.nl/charlottemaripomeline/2005_charlotte_19_jaar/index.html
16783g2.jpg

I thought that this was Anthena behind Charlotte on that horse???
Picture from APL

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very happy to see that Charlotte and felix are still together, people had started to wonder becausese we hadn't seen photos of them for quite some time.

Take a look at page 7 of this thread. Remember the topic is NOT smoking, I will delete future posts regarding that subject.

tbhrc
Monaco Moderator

Some scans from Semana:

1z1703p.jpg
1z171g7.jpg
1z171jt.jpg

Kastalia said:
Yes Towsend it seems to me that this girl looks a lot to Athina Onassis de Miranda.

I had the same thought, instantly. Her profile and posture look remarkably like Athina.

Thanks Tbhrc for your sacns they are great !
some more of France Dimanche,Public...................

45614565kg.jpg

numriser00060qm.jpg

numriser00077oz.jpg

i agree, how long have they been together? two years or so? ..i do hope that they stay loyal to each other... wonder where they will set sail this year?

auroraDaniel said:
i agree, how long have they been together? two years or so? ..i do hope that they stay loyal to each other... wonder where they will set sail this year?

Two years exactly. :) To the date. Well, not precisely today's date, but they've been known to be a couple since the summer of 2004, and we're now in summer 2006, so basically two years exactly.

Tutú said:
I don't think you got it right. Are you sure your aren't confusing Juliette Maillot and Valentine Pozzo di BOrgo?. Valentine was charlotte's jumping pal, and she is the one who has rich parents ( they own some luxury hotels) and the one who was one level above charlotte in jumping.
Juliette Maillot is the daughter of the director of the Montecarlo Ballet and she is friends with charlotte since both of them were small children but I have never seen her ride a horse. Also, her father, Jean-Christophe Maillot, who got the Légion d'Honneur, three years ago is an artist not an bussiness man so, he is probably well-off since he is very prestigious but he isn't a milllionaire like the Grimaldi, Hannover or Niarchos.

TuTu recently said she/he had never seen any evidence of Juliette's equestrian past, so I am going to disprove this idea right here.
http://www.junior-riders.com/shows/results/cdi/2002/bilzen_pony.html
http://www.federation-equestre.mc/fr/jumping/r71.htm
Do a google search on Juliette sometime. you will come up with a lot of equestrian related results. She was in fact a champion for France several years ago. She was very good. There are many examples of her equestrian past than the links I posted. Too many to try to post here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Few more pics from Olycom

2170od6.jpg
2171bv4.jpg
2172rq5.jpg
2173fs2.jpg
2174bn6.jpg
2175zj2.jpg
2176gg5.jpg

In the second pic it looks as if Caro stepped on gum, hee hee. And in the last two it looks as if the horse is really enjoying Caro. Either Caro is really tasty or the horse is trying to steal her watch and ring. :D!

Ani

The last two pics are really cool, the horse seems to be very friendly and Caroline just enjoys it.:)

Other pictures from Olycom

Charlotte and Felix are leaving the international jumping and they are going to the Montecarlo Beach.

Last edited:
Please excuse my ignorance but how many times a year this event takes place?I think i have seen these pictures before,a few months ago.I am a little confused.

This event is once an year usually in June.

Why are there no photos for the International Jumping in 2004 or 2005? I figured 2005 might have been cancelled due to Rainier's passing, but that doesn't explain 2004.

Actually the jumping competition from 2004 was cancelled, I forget why, so you will not find it in that thread... only years before!

Back
Top Bottom