International Jumping de Monte-Carlo: 2006 - 2019, 2021 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must say Charlotte is a true beauty, I cannot believe how good looking she is!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Charlotte is on those pictures sooooooo beautifull. And the pictures are nice and clearly too. Great Pictures really. I have got no words to describe it!

Were their any pics of Charlotte or Caroline with Athina ?

Amazing pics from Charlotte , Thanks Ianna and Tbhrc.Charlotte looks so chic and gorgeours in that skirt.Wonderfull body!!!

yeah, both mother and daughter as always look good:)

fandesacs2003 said:
If you smoke, you smoke everwhere... that is normal because you consider doing something "normal", so why avoid doing it in front of your children??
It would be an hypocrisy...
Most of smokers do not care about the non smokers, so why hidding??

And Caroline's childred, at least the boys, smoke, Andrea is a heavy smoker..

Can't speak for where you come from, but smoking 'everywhere' is not the norm in most educated society. You can smoke to your heart's delight, but there are designated places for smokers, which doesn't include most closed spaces or public forum. In other words, take it somewhere else that doesn't affect plp's health;)

Its not a hypocracy not to smoke infront of your children, my mother used to smoke but would never do so with us. Its common sense not to smoke infront of your young children or anyone who doesn't smoke due to the affect second-hand smoking has on the respiratory system. Having said that, let's hope we can all move on from this discussion, since my initial question was about monaco's culture on smoking.

RADKER18 said:
Were their any pics of Charlotte or Caroline with Athina ?
I have seen all the Charlotte photos from the event published at the moment and there are none with her and Athina in the same photo.

Lamyah said:
yeah, both mother and daughter as always look good:)

Can't speak for where you come from, but smoking 'everywhere' is not the norm in most educated society. You can smoke to your heart's delight, but there are designated places for smokers, which doesn't include most closed spaces or public forum. In other words, take it somewhere else that doesn't affect plp's health;)

Its not a hypocracy not to smoke infront of your children, my mother used to smoke but would never do so with us. Its common sense not to smoke infront of your young children or anyone who doesn't smoke due to the affect second-hand smoking has on the respiratory system. Having said that, let's hope we can all move on from this discussion, since my initial question was about monaco's culture on smoking.

The reality you are descriving is USA/Canada reality, not European one, at least for the moment. Here in Europe, especially in the Southern countries, Greece, Italy, etc etc, smoking is more the rule than the exception. Smokers smoke everywhere, they do not really care very much if they disturb you, and if you protest they just say that they "need" to smoke, that's it.

Yes, they are designated place for smokers, but they cover they 95% of public places, restaurants, bars, etc, etc,
I'm myself a nonsmoker who suffers from other's smoke, but that is the reality, people like me they even not really have the right to be disturbed...

To come back to Caroline, I do not think that smoking NOW in front of her adult children is a problem, there is not big deal, Andrea & Pierre smoke, I do not know about Charlotte now, Felix smokes also, EA smokes also much much, so I do not think that in Monaco is shocking, it should be normal.

In Italy there are recent laws that prohibit people to smoke in public places, like work places or restaurants, bars, etc. That is because there is a lot of bad consequences to a non someking person. If you are a not smoking person that works 8 hours with an smoking one, it is like if you are smoking several cigarretes a day.

Carlos said:
I have seen all the Charlotte photos from the event published at the moment and there are none with her and Athina in the same photo.

I know, it sucks. :(

fandesacs2003 said:
Oh my God, mother and daughter are radiant, pretty, wonderful. You that they have a very strong relationship, it is so obvious ;)

Bravo dear Caroline, I think that she managed to be father AND mother, and also friend with her children.
It so happy to see them happy

I couldn't agree more with you.Caroline and Charlotte not only have a great mother-daughter relationship but they are friends and you can see through the pictures how much they care about each other, and the respect and love that they feel for each other. I think it is really cool:D

Sorry for my english in advance:rolleyes:

seing charlotte and caroline together, laughing and enjoying each other's company just warms my heart .. :)

I wonder why we only got the pics of Albert from the closing night...Caro and Char (at least) must have been there...

[Can't speak for where you come from, but smoking 'everywhere' is not the norm in most educated society. You can smoke to your heart's delight, but there are designated places for smokers, which doesn't include most closed spaces or public forum. In other words, take it somewhere else that doesn't affect plp's health;)

Well, that's probably how it is in Canada, not in France. Here, you can smoke nearly everywhere (hospitals, public transports, certain areas in restaurants, etc, excepted, of course). I really don't understand what is all this fuss about caroline smoking while watching a jumping competition. She is doing a completely normal thing. I mean, it may be weird in the USA or canada but nothing anybody would look at twice in europe.

Tutú said:
[Can't speak for where you come from, but smoking 'everywhere' is not the norm in most educated society. You can smoke to your heart's delight, but there are designated places for smokers, which doesn't include most closed spaces or public forum. In other words, take it somewhere else that doesn't affect plp's health;)

Well, that's probably how it is in Canada, not in France. Here, you can smoke nearly everywhere (hospitals, public transports, certain areas in restaurants, etc, excepted, of course). I really don't understand what is all this fuss about caroline smoking while watching a jumping competition. She is doing a completely normal thing. I mean, it may be weird in the USA or canada but nothing anybody would look at twice in europe.

Hi,

I really think that you're not completely right on this point. It's strange to see smoking royals in public. Even in Europe it's strange these days...

I'm not a moderator, but I am sensing potential moderator intervention here. I think it's best to drop the smoking topic, at least in this thread. People have strong feelings about it and different feelings about it. This thread is for post pics and news relating to Caroline and her family at the jumping. Talks about her smoking habits should be generated elsewhere. Perhaps a "smoking debate" thread has already been created in the Members' Corner or something like that?

Absolutely, drop it!
I was also wondering the same thing about closing night. I have not seen any photos of the Princess of Hanover nor her daughter. By the way, Princess Caroline looks so beautiful in these pictures at the event. I love to see the bond between her and Charlotte. It seems to me that they tried to make this jumping event very different from the past while HSH Prince Rainier was around. It had to be tough for Princess Caroline to be there for the 1st time without her father. Maybe that is why she didn't go to the closing events?

we unfortunately have the Hilton Sisters over here in the USA, And Paris and Nikki Hilton you NEVER see out and about w/out a ton of makeup, hair all done up, fancy outfits, paris and her blue contacts-her eyes are really brown. And they still do not touch Charlotte in the looks department, even when she is in jeans, t-shirt,or sweats, hair up in a ponytail, and not a stitch of makeup on, the girl is still just stunning. The Hilton sisters on their best day could not look 1/100000000000th as good as Charlotte Casiraghi on her worst. (I doubt Charlotte even has a "worst" day, but you know what I mean.

Some more I found on APL..

15xmrg5.jpg

15xmulf.jpg

15xmw7a.jpg

I hope there are not post already on this topic???

http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log.nl/

Last edited by a moderator:
charlotte and felix look so happy together and in love, that makes me really happy. In my opinion, felix is a really go pick....too bad they dont see each other more often, but who knows, maybe they do

i'd really like to see charlotte smoking
i'm sure she still smokes al lot
i don't think we should stop this thread - it's important to talk about it

Hi, it's indeed fine to see how much they love each other. But, I was wondering how you know if someone is the right person for you. How does Charlotte know if Felix is the right man? I'm sure a lot of guys want to have a royal girlfriend, but how do you think she knows Felix is the best choice? I think it's really hard to know this in her position...

BTW, do you think they'll stay a couple forever?

amelie_bracke said:
BTW, do you think they'll stay a couple forever?
They are too young to know or decide something like that.We'll see ;)

Hey guys, short post for me today. I absolutely LOVE Monaco, it's the most beautiful place that I've ever been in. My friend took me to the Jumping Show along with her Dad, I've never been into horses or jumping, but I am quite interested in Caro and Family, so the past few days have been heaven for me. Can't say that I've actually seen them up too close, but from a short distance they look as beautiful as they seem, even more beautiful imo. And one thing that I observed for sure is CARO SMOKES A LOT!!! I mean, a lot a lot! Wow, I don't know why it surprised me, but it did. They were all laughing together much of the time, Charlotte and Felix seem to be quite comfortable with eachother, they seemed really happy to me. I'm so ecstatic right now, I mean I can't believe this, I'm on the moon! Hopefully I'll have more to report, but I don't think I'll see them anyother place, the Jumping Show was probably my only chance. I have soo much to read, gotta go!

Ani

Last edited:
anag said:
Hey guys, short post for me today. I absolutely LOVE Monaco, it's the most beautiful place that I've ever been in. My friend took me to the Jumping Show along with her Dad, I've never been into horses or jumping, but I am quite interested in Caro and Family, so the past few days have been heaven for me. Can't say that I've actually seen them up too close, but from a short distance they look as beautiful as they seem, even more beautiful imo. And one thing that I observed for sure is CARO SMOKES A LOT!!! I mean, a lot a lot! Wow, I don't know why it surprised me, but it did. They were all laughing together much of the time, Charlotte and Felix seem to be quite comfortable with eachother, they seemed really happy to me. I'm so ecstatic right now, I mean I can't believe this, I'm on the moon! Hopefully I'll have more to report, but I don't think I'll see them anyother place, the Jumping Show was probably my only chance. I have soo much to read, gotta go!

Ani

Oh my gosh that's so cool. I'm happy for you and a little jealous of course:rolleyes: , after all you went to the jumping and you saw them from a short distance...It must have been an amazing experience, so cool!

Last edited:
anag said:

Ani
oohhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I so envy you!!!!!

hi ANA - it must have been wonderful to see caro and her family live.
i've heard that Caroline smokes around 6 cigarettes per hour ? is it right ? what did you mean with "a lot" ?
how much did Charlotte smoke during the jumping ?
please let us all know - we are vey interested in your reports !

i envy u tooooooooooo... i want to see how beautiful they look :) hee

Charlotte wasn't smoking during the event, well I didn't see her smoking anyway. And I don't see what the big deal is, it's really common, smoking, I mean. Everyone does it here, I don't see too much of it back in Miami, most people there smoke Cuban Cigars. To answer your question stff13, I'm not sure if it was 6 per hour, I wasn't that observant, I mean I didn't want her to catch me looking at her, I would have been mortified. But what I did notice is that one of the reasons why she goes through so many cigs is because she doesn't smoke them all the way, most people I see smoke them down to tiny buds. She seemed to put it out a little after she got to the middle of it. I'm thinking that that has to be the reason, and what I meant by "a lot" was that since I never see anyone smoking much it was odd, for me, to see people smoking 3 and 4 cigs right after one another. It's probably not "a lot" by other people's standards. I've only seen Caroline smoking in pictures here on the forum, and she's always smoking one ya know, so to see her smoking "live" as one said was just a shock for me since I admire her so. Also, it looked as if she was smoking Marlboros, but I'm not sure, I couldn't see the color of the pack and since I don't smoke, Marls are the only ones that came to mind. I hope I answered your question. And yes, Felix smoked too, but not as much as some have made it out to be. Actually, it took him a while to light his first, he was so deep in conversation that he just kept flinging it around, he waves his arms a lot, and he has a tendency of touching his chin and hair. If I have anything else to report within the next week, then I will, but I sincerely doubt it, it's going to be the beach and shopping for me most days, but I will try.

Ani

i'm pretty sure that charlotte doesn't smoke, we only saw her once smoking and that was 3 or 4 years ago in that park. I'm positive that she is not smoking. Or does anyone disagree?

Back
Top Bottom