The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Nobility

seing charlotte and caroline together, laughing and enjoying each other's company just warms my heart .. :)

Old 06-27-2006, 05:19 AM
Courtier

I wonder why we only got the pics of Albert from the closing night...Caro and Char (at least) must have been there...

Old 06-27-2006, 06:51 AM
Aristocracy

[Can't speak for where you come from, but smoking 'everywhere' is not the norm in most educated society. You can smoke to your heart's delight, but there are designated places for smokers, which doesn't include most closed spaces or public forum. In other words, take it somewhere else that doesn't affect plp's health

Well, that's probably how it is in Canada, not in France. Here, you can smoke nearly everywhere (hospitals, public transports, certain areas in restaurants, etc, excepted, of course). I really don't understand what is all this fuss about caroline smoking while watching a jumping competition. She is doing a completely normal thing. I mean, it may be weird in the USA or canada but nothing anybody would look at twice in europe.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:53 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutú
[Can't speak for where you come from, but smoking 'everywhere' is not the norm in most educated society. You can smoke to your heart's delight, but there are designated places for smokers, which doesn't include most closed spaces or public forum. In other words, take it somewhere else that doesn't affect plp's health

Well, that's probably how it is in Canada, not in France. Here, you can smoke nearly everywhere (hospitals, public transports, certain areas in restaurants, etc, excepted, of course). I really don't understand what is all this fuss about caroline smoking while watching a jumping competition. She is doing a completely normal thing. I mean, it may be weird in the USA or canada but nothing anybody would look at twice in europe.
Hi,

I really think that you're not completely right on this point. It's strange to see smoking royals in public. Even in Europe it's strange these days...
Old 06-27-2006, 08:22 AM

I'm not a moderator, but I am sensing potential moderator intervention here. I think it's best to drop the smoking topic, at least in this thread. People have strong feelings about it and different feelings about it. This thread is for post pics and news relating to Caroline and her family at the jumping. Talks about her smoking habits should be generated elsewhere. Perhaps a "smoking debate" thread has already been created in the Members' Corner or something like that?
Old 06-27-2006, 08:44 AM
Aristocracy

Absolutely, drop it!
I was also wondering the same thing about closing night. I have not seen any photos of the Princess of Hanover nor her daughter. By the way, Princess Caroline looks so beautiful in these pictures at the event. I love to see the bond between her and Charlotte. It seems to me that they tried to make this jumping event very different from the past while HSH Prince Rainier was around. It had to be tough for Princess Caroline to be there for the 1st time without her father. Maybe that is why she didn't go to the closing events?
Old 06-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Commoner

we unfortunately have the Hilton Sisters over here in the USA, And Paris and Nikki Hilton you NEVER see out and about w/out a ton of makeup, hair all done up, fancy outfits, paris and her blue contacts-her eyes are really brown. And they still do not touch Charlotte in the looks department, even when she is in jeans, t-shirt,or sweats, hair up in a ponytail, and not a stitch of makeup on, the girl is still just stunning. The Hilton sisters on their best day could not look 1/100000000000th as good as Charlotte Casiraghi on her worst. (I doubt Charlotte even has a "worst" day, but you know what I mean.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:07 AM
Nobility

Some more I found on APL..

I hope there are not post already on this topic???

http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log.nl/
Old 06-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Gentry

charlotte and felix look so happy together and in love, that makes me really happy. In my opinion, felix is a really go pick....too bad they dont see each other more often, but who knows, maybe they do
Old 06-27-2006, 12:04 PM
Commoner

i'd really like to see charlotte smoking
i'm sure she still smokes al lot
i don't think we should stop this thread - it's important to talk about it
Old 06-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Commoner

Hi, it's indeed fine to see how much they love each other. But, I was wondering how you know if someone is the right person for you. How does Charlotte know if Felix is the right man? I'm sure a lot of guys want to have a royal girlfriend, but how do you think she knows Felix is the best choice? I think it's really hard to know this in her position...

BTW, do you think they'll stay a couple forever?
Old 06-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by amelie_bracke
BTW, do you think they'll stay a couple forever?
They are too young to know or decide something like that.We'll see
Old 06-27-2006, 01:43 PM
Nobility

Hey guys, short post for me today. I absolutely LOVE Monaco, it's the most beautiful place that I've ever been in. My friend took me to the Jumping Show along with her Dad, I've never been into horses or jumping, but I am quite interested in Caro and Family, so the past few days have been heaven for me. Can't say that I've actually seen them up too close, but from a short distance they look as beautiful as they seem, even more beautiful imo. And one thing that I observed for sure is CARO SMOKES A LOT!!! I mean, a lot a lot! Wow, I don't know why it surprised me, but it did. They were all laughing together much of the time, Charlotte and Felix seem to be quite comfortable with eachother, they seemed really happy to me. I'm so ecstatic right now, I mean I can't believe this, I'm on the moon! Hopefully I'll have more to report, but I don't think I'll see them anyother place, the Jumping Show was probably my only chance. I have soo much to read, gotta go!

Ani
Old 06-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by anag
Hey guys, short post for me today. I absolutely LOVE Monaco, it's the most beautiful place that I've ever been in. My friend took me to the Jumping Show along with her Dad, I've never been into horses or jumping, but I am quite interested in Caro and Family, so the past few days have been heaven for me. Can't say that I've actually seen them up too close, but from a short distance they look as beautiful as they seem, even more beautiful imo. And one thing that I observed for sure is CARO SMOKES A LOT!!! I mean, a lot a lot! Wow, I don't know why it surprised me, but it did. They were all laughing together much of the time, Charlotte and Felix seem to be quite comfortable with eachother, they seemed really happy to me. I'm so ecstatic right now, I mean I can't believe this, I'm on the moon! Hopefully I'll have more to report, but I don't think I'll see them anyother place, the Jumping Show was probably my only chance. I have soo much to read, gotta go!

Ani

Oh my gosh that's so cool. I'm happy for you and a little jealous of course , after all you went to the jumping and you saw them from a short distance...It must have been an amazing experience, so cool!

Nevermore - Believe In Nothing

http://www.myspace.com/mveronicass
Old 06-28-2006, 01:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by anag

Ani
oohhhhhhhhhhhh!!! I so envy you!!!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:56 AM
Commoner

hi ANA - it must have been wonderful to see caro and her family live.
i've heard that Caroline smokes around 6 cigarettes per hour ? is it right ? what did you mean with "a lot" ?
how much did Charlotte smoke during the jumping ?
please let us all know - we are vey interested in your reports !
Old 06-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Gentry

i envy u tooooooooooo... i want to see how beautiful they look :) hee
Old 06-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Gentry

oh your so lucky.lol!
Old 06-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Nobility

Charlotte wasn't smoking during the event, well I didn't see her smoking anyway. And I don't see what the big deal is, it's really common, smoking, I mean. Everyone does it here, I don't see too much of it back in Miami, most people there smoke Cuban Cigars. To answer your question stff13, I'm not sure if it was 6 per hour, I wasn't that observant, I mean I didn't want her to catch me looking at her, I would have been mortified. But what I did notice is that one of the reasons why she goes through so many cigs is because she doesn't smoke them all the way, most people I see smoke them down to tiny buds. She seemed to put it out a little after she got to the middle of it. I'm thinking that that has to be the reason, and what I meant by "a lot" was that since I never see anyone smoking much it was odd, for me, to see people smoking 3 and 4 cigs right after one another. It's probably not "a lot" by other people's standards. I've only seen Caroline smoking in pictures here on the forum, and she's always smoking one ya know, so to see her smoking "live" as one said was just a shock for me since I admire her so. Also, it looked as if she was smoking Marlboros, but I'm not sure, I couldn't see the color of the pack and since I don't smoke, Marls are the only ones that came to mind. I hope I answered your question. And yes, Felix smoked too, but not as much as some have made it out to be. Actually, it took him a while to light his first, he was so deep in conversation that he just kept flinging it around, he waves his arms a lot, and he has a tendency of touching his chin and hair. If I have anything else to report within the next week, then I will, but I sincerely doubt it, it's going to be the beach and shopping for me most days, but I will try.

Ani
Old 06-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Gentry

i'm pretty sure that charlotte doesn't smoke, we only saw her once smoking and that was 3 or 4 years ago in that park. I'm positive that she is not smoking. Or does anyone disagree?