The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Aristocracy

so, did she win something?

Old 06-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

So glad PA is giving her the chance to become an adult member and worthy representative of the Grimaldi clan.
Her voice is indeed very similar to her mother's, whereas Stephanie's voice is much higher, almost childlike.

Old 06-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortimo View Post
Stade 2 - France 2

The video with Charlotte
What a great video! And Charlie!!! She Has such a nice deep voice, and all her faces lightens up when she speaks... Although, at the same time, it's strange to listen to her speaking french, i imagined her much more an english speaker rather than french...
AND IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN SHE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT COMING TO PORTUGAL?!?!? YES! YES! YES!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 12:46 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks you Fortimo!!

I´m not a French speaker so if someone else would like to translate it would be much better. This is more or less what she said.

"I took up horseriding when i was very young. I´ve done this for long. It´s a pleasure to participate in the Monaco Championship.
It´s been difficult because i could´t train during the week, it´s been dificult to take up competition again".

-Do you aspire to become a profesional?
"For the time being i wish to get good results in amateur competitions, and then we´ll see. Why not?"

"It´s a pleaure to support this sport, i hope next years, thanks to the Global Champions Tour, which is a Championship organized around the world, i hope my participation may contribute to make this sport more popular".

She´ll be in Portugal in 10 days and in Brazil at the end of the month.

She also does swimming and jogging.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Serene Highness

FINALLY - excellent video!! Thanks for giving us a chance to hear her really speak for a few minutes (not just a one or two word comment like at the fashion show). She does sound a lot like her mother - her French, of course, is much like a native. She was very poised and mature. She still had her wrist support (you could see her trying to hide it under the table), so she can obviously still compete, despite her injury. Love it!
Old 06-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
And she looks shy in front of the camera, just like her father Stefano did.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy

her voice is really deep...charlotte looks like she really enjoy the enviroment , not like alex, in the photos he looks really serious, cold and distance, maybe the horse isn't his thing.
he has the same pose charlotte has when she is in a sociality event, alex looks like he enjoy that, not is different she is her thing ans he isnt.

in the interview she looks a a little bit shy, and the anchorman talks TO FAST
Old 06-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Aristocracy

Location: Harrisburg (outside of Charlotte NC), United States
It is amazing how much she channels her mother! Beautiful, well spoken and very confident! I hope she continues to do more within Monaco's official duties!
Old 07-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Aristocracy

Where's Alex?

He was not in that Event- International Jumping Show of Monte Carlo.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta.belle View Post
Where's Alex?

He was not in that Event- International Jumping Show of Monte Carlo.
Yes he was there. Sugarbaby318 kindly posted this pic.

Alex/Charlotte (scroll down to post 197)
Old 07-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Commoner

Video from Nice Matin, about the preparatives to Jumping 2009. A little late for that, i know, but anyway it's interesting :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Yes he was there. Sugarbaby318 kindly posted this pic.

Alex/Charlotte (scroll down to post 197)
He don't seems to be very comfortably...
Old 07-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yeah, he is too serious in that photo. And we don't see him as much as we used to hanging with Charlotte. I hope everything is ok.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

International Jumping de Monte-Carlo 2010

This year's International Jumping de Monte-Carlo will take place
from June 24 to June 26!

Here's the official press release: Jumping International de Monte-Carlo!

Old 06-23-2010, 02:10 AM

Monaco Pro-Am Cup - 25 June 2010

Quote:
Great novelty of the International Jumping of Monte-Carlo: a special team competition. Charlotte Casiragui is the patron of this show and she is competing for Gucci with Edwina Alexander.

On Friday night, right after the competitions for the world ranking, 14 teams will compete, for a period of 1h30. A specific course will be made by Frank Rothenberger, the course designer of the International Jumping of Monte-Carlo. Each team sponsored by a company is made up of one professional rider and one amateur rider.
Just after the coruse walk, the competition will start with amateur riders, with a 1m30 course. Then, it’s the professional riders turn, with a 1m50 course. Therefore, each rider jumps one round and the cumulative result of both riders in the team is taken into account.
This competition that links professional and amateur riders emphasises the family spirit of this sport. On this occasion Piaget will give to each winner a watch from his latest collection.

Before the Grand Prix du Prince on Saturday, the Monaco Pro-Am Cup will surprise and delight its spectators. It will definitely be a highlight of this 2010 edition of the International Jumping of Monte-Carlo.

Pro-Am Cup TEAMs
  1. Gucci Edwina Alexander & Charlotte Casiraghi
  2. Triumph Project Lauren Hough & Bart Soetaerts
  3. Piaget Steve Guerdat & Maud Raimbert
  4. CTM Luiz Felipe De Azevedo & Maddalena Valenzano-Menada
  5. Amade Alvaro De Miranda & Margaux Chouraqui
  6. Pastor Immobilier Roger-Yves Bost & Ludovica Francesconi
  7. Olympe Capital Malin Baryard-Johnsson & Emilie Broman
  8. Eurodocument Philippe Rozier & Jennifer Aplin
  9. Ascoma Jutheau Husson/Haras de Preuilly Richard Spooner & Antoine Boulanger
  10. PVN Real Estate Ben Maher & Florence Bellm
  11. Ery Management S.A. Daniel Deusser & Katia Rybolovleva
  12. Knight Vinke Sheikh Ali Al Thani & Faleh Al Adjmi
  13. Grand Hôtel Les 3 Rois - Grand Hôtel Bellevue Denis Lynch & Flaminia Straumann
  14. Scuderia La Principessa Gianni Govoni & Alessia Rossi
Source
Old 06-23-2010, 03:45 AM
Courtier

I think the Amade team will be the ones to watch. But of course, I'm slightly biased towards Doda.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:24 AM

Doda has been paired with someone who is a part of the Casiraghi social circles. this Margaux is also a Sciences Po student. Anyway, on topic, today Charlotte and Troy were eliminated on the 1m25 course.

See results: Jumping International de Monte Carlo (MON)
Old 06-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Courtier

I was watching - she's consistently posting better results with Tintero than with Troy. 37th and eliminated on Troy, 14th on Tintero. Why can't she see what everyone else can? She is obviously a better match for Tintero. With Troy her results are, at the best of times, pretty bad. With Tintero, she's actually okay.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecia View Post
I was watching - she's consistently posting better results with Tintero than with Troy. 37th and eliminated on Troy, 14th on Tintero. Why can't she see what everyone else can? She is obviously a better match for Tintero. With Troy her results are, at the best of times, pretty bad. With Tintero, she's actually okay.
I can't remember who owns the horses (what farm), but both horses have qualified for the various events, so she must continue using both no matter how she does, until/unless the owner(s) pull the horse.....if he's not hurt, there will be questions about his future (sold, destroyed, etc), which never reflects well if all anyone cares about is the purse and not the horses well-being, too.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:59 PM
Nobility

Charlotte competes in the international Monte-Carlo jumping competition, on June 24, 2010 in Monaco.

http://i48.tinypic.com/14dlklh.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2iuw28z.jpg

Source: profimedia
Old 06-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Serene Highness

Troy had been doing better. He did great at Cannes but is now sliding back again. I think he is challenging Charlotte to be the alpha horse and he is winning so far.

I watched that slow motion video again and noticed some things. I don't think Charlotte was riding off balance when she put her feet back. Troy likes to drag both his front and back hoofs along the top of the rail. She was kicking him to make sure his back feet went up. Also, she doesn't appear to hold her reins much different with Troy. He was just fighting her. He appears to be awry.

Tintero on the other hand seems to have lots of heart and likes to jump. He jumps several inches over the top of the fences.