Grace, Caroline, Charlotte, Alexandra. . . it's all in the genes!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Charlotte: Very Cute, But Not Beautiful

Okay gang, I don't mean to start a war here! :)

After perusing numerous pics of Charlotte over the years, I must say that, while I do find her to be very cute with an exceedingly attractive face, I just don't find her to be as gorgeous/classically beautiful as many think she is.

Again, don't get me wrong here - Charlotte is a very pretty young woman, but....I just don't see how she is ranked as one of Europe's top beauties. Alas, it's all in personal perception, one would suppose.

Who knows, perhaps she will develop more strikingly beautiful features as she matures?

In my opinion, it's Camille - Stephanie's youngest daughter, who is the 'one' to watch for. This little girl is going to be an absolute stunner!

Ok Johnnie, everybody has the right to have their own opinions.
Charlotte was more beautiful when she was younger, but I think she stills very pretty;)

Johnnie said:
Okay gang, I don't mean to start a war here! :)

After perusing numerous pics of Charlotte over the years, I must say that, while I do find her to be very cute with an exceedingly attractive face, I just don't find her to be as gorgeous/classically beautiful as many think she is.

Again, don't get me wrong here - Charlotte is a very pretty young woman, but....I just don't see how she is ranked as one of Europe's top beauties. Alas, it's all in personal perception, one would suppose.

Who knows, perhaps she will develop more strikingly beautiful features as she matures?

In my opinion, it's Camille - Stephanie's youngest daughter, who is the 'one' to watch for. This little girl is going to be an absolute stunner!

I tend to agree; I think Char is beautiful but not stunning...not sure about Camille yet...

Yep Charlotte is pretty. But, in my opinion, she will never be the beauty her grandmother and esp her mother were (are).

memoo said:
Yep Charlotte is pretty. But, in my opinion, she will never be the beauty her grandmother and esp her mother were (are).
that is true... i remember someone said in the thread (not sure which thread), that charlotte, princess grace and princess caroline are all beautiful but belong to different category...i think, her grandmother is somebody you would put in the classical beauty (i agree), her mother more like a exotic beauty (the glow, and the fact that she seems to outshine everybody around her), and charlotte is more mysterious, subdued somehow, and exceeedingly pretty.

what do you think?

I agree, I think that Charlotte is very pretty but lacks a certain something that both her grandma and mother had/have that makes me want to keep looking at their faces. It's a spark of personality that makes them seem real. Charlotte is very mannequin-like to me, pretty, but not as interesting as her grandma and mom.

In my opinion, Caroline's face doesn't have half the beauty that Charlotte's face does. Character and appeal she has, but a beauty she is not. Grace, then again, was a beauty in her own right, truly stunning as it is. However, she cannot be compared to Charlotte because they are two women of completely different generations. In Grace's time, for example, it was considered extremely important to take care of the fact that your hair was always impeccable. This is not the case today.

Charlotte is Caroline's daughter, very similar but not quite there. Caroline has something, part of her personality that is magnetic to the cameras, that is something Charlotte hasnt shown yet and hope nobody expect her to show because her mother and grandmother standards are very high even in the inside of their family.

Ariel said:
Charlotte is Caroline's daughter, very similar but not quite there. Caroline has something, part of her personality that is magnetic to the cameras, that is something Charlotte hasnt shown yet and hope nobody expect her to show because her mother and grandmother standards are very high even in the inside of their family.
i agree there´s something about Caroline, on her face, rather square and perfect, her cheeks, eyes ,and her perfect body , Carolina is elegant when she walks, in a jean, its the attitude perhaps, some of those women everyone turns the head to see.

This appeal is part of the inner side of a person, not something they get by surgery not even by education, Caroline has it and Charlotte still has to show it.

I think it's all in what your definition of beauty is. I forget who it was that described that "certain something" some people have as "It". It makes you want to know more about a person, makes them fascinating and really has little to do with structural beauty really. It's all so subjective but like I said above, Grace and Caroline have something that Charlotte, though structurally nearly perfect, just hasn't shown IMHO.

bluebess said:
I think it's all in what your definition of beauty is. I forget who it was that described that "certain something" some people have as "It". It makes you want to know more about a person, makes them fascinating and really has little to do with structural beauty really. It's all so subjective but like I said above, Grace and Caroline have something that Charlotte, though structurally nearly perfect, just hasn't shown IMHO.

Well, let's not forget that Princess Grace was an actress, so she knew hot to play to the cameras - not that she was phony, but her expressions may sometimes have been from what she learned as an actress. Caroline grew up in the spotlight, so she holds herself a certain way as a result. Charlotte has been lucky enough to grow up w/out the demands of being a 1st born, and a princess, so she conducts and holds herself a different way. There is something very elegant and special about Charlotte, but it is displayed differently than the way Princesses Grace and Caroline conduct(ed) themselves.

Three of them are beautiful but Princess Grace was such a Goddess..

Many many years ago Hello had a feature on the 3 with some pictures of each of them at a young age in swimming pools (I think, or at least one of them was in one) - in these pictures I remember the similarities between the three was quite striking. I don´t have these pictures anymore but maybe someone will know what I´m talking about. IMO, Caroline and Charlotte are very alike, but Caroline resembles her father more than Grace.

i think caro looks mostly like grace but you can see rainier in her. i think char looks better then caro - she's like a mix of caro and stefano.

I think they are all beautiful and stunning All chic,glamoourous,elegant,fashion. Princess Grace did have an aure light glow coming form her and her beauty was more icy,cold Germanic beauty. Caroline darkexotic,very fun,adventourous,friendly,warm beauty. Charlotte mysteriou,exotic,shy,timid,serious, but warm still beauty. :)

Grace,Caroline and Charlotte

I,too,think that all of Caroline's children are beautiful.Their mother,maternal grandmother and father passed on their good looks to the trio.:)

Nice work Beatrice:flowers: All three were and are beautiful.
Little pitty that both Caro and Char aren't more resemble to Grace:sad: I remember that I've read somewhere that late Prince Rainier was little disappointed about Caro's resemblence to his mother not to Grace.

Last edited:
thanks magnik it's not big deal ;) .hola made a very nice collage of the three although Charlotte was pouty!

My mum thinks that Princess Grace was the most beautiful out of all of them and the Charlotte. she thinks that Charlottes alot more prettier than Caroline. Of course she still thinks Caroline is beautiful.

I am completely agree about what your mom says about them.

The last picture has been my all-time favorite of Caroline ever since I first saw it in the forum. So delicate...

Ani

Yes, it was taken by Lord Snowdon, (former husband of Princess Margaret) and he took several of Princess Grace as well, with a beautiful profile of her. I think Caroline was around 14 at the time. I'll have to find the picture of Grace. There were a couple of Charlotte at the recent ball too that were very beautiful. Do you think Caroline and Charlotte look as much alike in profile as from the front ?

iloveroyals said:
Yes, it was taken by Lord Snowdon, (former husband of Princess Margaret) and he took several of Princess Grace as well, with a beautiful profile of her. I think Caroline was around 14 at the time. I'll have to find the picture of Grace. There were a couple of Charlotte at the recent ball too that were very beautiful. Do you think Caroline and Charlotte look as much alike in profile as from the front ?

The pic from Grace I have as an avatat is for me IMPERIAL, I like her profile.

I think the THREE generations have wonderful profils

fandesacs2003 said:
The pic from Grace I have as an avatat is for me IMPERIAL, I like her profile.

I think the THREE generations have wonderful profils

Could you post it ?
Yes, I think they have wonderful profiles. I don't know if I am projecting here, knowing that 2 of them are princesses and one is not, but somehow, I feel that Caroline and Grace seem more aware of their status as "royals" than Charlotte, whoe profile is exquisite, but doesn't have the loftiness of the other two.

iloveroyals said:
Could you post it ?

I'm talking about the picture which appears under my name when i post. I took it to the TRF avatars section.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar&categoryid=29

I think the pic Grace d, is made by Lord Snowdon
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar&categoryid=29&page=3

iloveroyals said:
Yes, I think they have wonderful profiles. I don't know if I am projecting here, knowing that 2 of them are princesses and one is not, but somehow, I feel that Caroline and Grace seem more aware of their status as "royals" than Charlotte, whoe profile is exquisite, but doesn't have the loftiness of the other two.

I agree with you, Grace and Caroline are regal, Charlotte not yet.

Nevertheless, the last six months I've noticed that Charlotte started being concious of her position and her beauty, her posture changed, I think she will folow her mother...

fandesacs2003 said:
I'm talking about the picture which appears under my name when i post. I took it to the TRF avatars section.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar&categoryid=29

I think the pic Grace d, is made by Lord Snowdon
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar&categoryid=29&page=3

I agree with you, Grace and Caroline are regal, Charlotte not yet.

Nevertheless, the last six months I've noticed that Charlotte started being concious of her position and her beauty, her posture changed, I think she will folow her mother...

You know, fandesacs2003, I was not even aware of these avatars you had posted. I find it hard to keep up with everything that is posted, even though I try... Thank you for pointing them out to me, they are a real delight. You did a truly magnificent job !

iloveroyals said:
You know, fandesacs2003, I was not even aware of these avatars you had posted. I find it hard to keep up with everything that is posted, even though I try... Thank you for pointing them out to me, they are a real delight. You did a truly magnificent job !

You are welcome:)

Back
Top Bottom