The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

They seem to have focused more on Charlotte and Pierre.
To me, Andrea is a the perfect mix of Caroline and Stefano. He even has some Grace features.
Charlotte is beginning to look more and more like Andrea, and Stefano too.
Pierre... i don't know, i used to see a lot of resemblance to his father, but lately...i don't know who he looks like.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:15 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
...Charlotte is beginning to look more and more like Andrea, and Stefano too.
Do you think so? I think Charlotte looks more and more like Carloline.

Old 12-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Gentry

Charlotte is the spitting image of her father.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

LOL, we all see different things!
I used to think that Charlotte was the spitting image of her mother, but i'm finding her looking more like her dad too. Alexandra and the Casiraghis are nice combo of their parents, i think.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Charlotte's face looks like a clone of young Caroline's face here:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
I too think Caroline and Charlotte look so much alike! It's uncanny~
Old 12-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Aristocracy

Charlotte looks so much like her father than when I look at some Stefano pictures I am amazed, same nose, same eyes, same facial expressions.
Charlotte has her mother's same lips shape and especially when she was a teen their resemblance was unbelievable but now all I can see is Stefano's genes.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:34 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosca View Post
A nice pic of smiling Pss Caroline in 1976

Celebrity Image
Hi Tosca,
Thanks for posting that picture of Caroline. It was a nice contrast to recent pictures of Charlotte. Someone on TFS remarked that we don’t see enough pictures of Charlotte looking lady-like, whereas Caroline, even in her flaming youth, always bore a closer approximation of what we think of as lady-like. From a book on fashion I once read, bringing focus to the face has a lot to do with it. For a man to look like a gentleman, he had to wear high, stiff collars that elongated the neck and made his head seem to rest on a pedestal. It’s true that the classic lady-like look emphasizes luminosity around the face, with earrings, scarves, pearls, wide collars (Caroline’s habitual preppy look in her teens), updos and face-framing dos. Even evoking slight discomfort seems to be part of the aura, with clothes that seem a bit tight around the neck, shoulders, or waist.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: Somewhere in the middle of the River Po Valley, Italy
I agree with you, iloveroyals - BTW welcome back!- since I also can't see Charlotte, who incidentally is a beautiful girl, as looking lady-like. Even when she wears wonderful dresses, she always look kind of shabby, so to speak. Perhaps it's because of her constant apathetic expression or her not-so-good posture, just like a bored child. Instead it seems that Pauline has inherited her aunt's bearings and natural elegance.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:24 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

I don’t want to stray too far off thread, but you are right about Pauline vs. Charlotte, although honestly I think Charlotte has more beautiful, striking features. There is one picture of Charlotte that stands out in my mind because she was the epitome of lady-like. It was last fall, when she attended a fashion event with models at a shop (can’t remember where…), looking demure and delicate as she went down the stairs wearing a below-the-knee black dress. Caroline broke new ground with her modern, sometimes devil-may-care attitude, but in retrospect, her looks are vintage now and she always remained, willy-nilly, her mother’s daughter. Delicate and demure are not words I would associate with Caroline, and you are right to evoke Pauline and her natural bearing and elegance, but a slouch she never was. Of course, fashion has a lot to do with it, along with edgy (which she was), the key word now is comfort, which, like stiff collars for gentlemen, was not quite appropriate for ladies. Maybe I’ll move over to the fashion thread and try to elaborate when I have time. Anyway, thanks for the picture of vintage Caroline, with that little impertinent scarf, a signature look that always lit up her face…
Old 03-26-2012, 12:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Caroline looks so much like her grandmother Charlotte! I personally don't see a resemblance to her mother.
Old 03-31-2012, 09:43 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks to this wonderful blog, Sheila's Grace Scans, I saw this pic of a young Grace which for me has the same aura as her granddaughter Charlotte. Stunning.

Sorry if this has been posted here already.

Sheila's Grace Scans
Old 03-31-2012, 09:52 PM
Serene Highness

I guess all have a beautiful quality to them.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtatum View Post
Thanks to this wonderful blog, Sheila's Grace Scans, I saw this pic of a young Grace which for me has the same aura as her granddaughter Charlotte. Stunning.

Sorry if this has been posted here already.

Sheila's Grace Scans
That's amazing. Great find. And I almost never see an iota of resemblance in those two.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Courtier

Interesting ... for me, except for the blonde vs dark hair, I think Charlotte looks VERY much like her grandmother Grace.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:17 PM
Aristocracy

These pics also have that Grace-Charlotte link going on.

(Grace Kelly)

http://princessgracekelly.tumblr.com...29/grace-kelly
Old 04-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Aristocracy

Grace Kelly had a beautiful face, not so much Gwyneth Paltrow. Although I think she is attractive, she looks exactly like her mother Blythe Danner.

G
Quote:
Originally Posted by azure View Post
Oh gosh.. in the 1st picture Albert looks like..As for Grace Kelly, well, if someone told me that Gwyneth Paltrow is her daughter, i would believe it. She could def play her in a movie. The resemble is unbelievable for me. They're both so delicate & like swans.
Grace: http://i56.tinypic.com/70wgwp.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/1pwj5s.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/15zsf0p.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/2n6dgdi.jpg
Gwyneth: http://i56.tinypic.com/wldopt.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2aj2jd3.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/25spf6u.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/10zoawo.jpg
Old 04-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtatum View Post
These pics also have that Grace-Charlotte link going on.

(Grace Kelly)

(Grace Kelly)
Thank you for the beautiful pictures you posted. It's amazing how Grace could look bland or sultry. The patrician look is still what she looks best in, that quality of inner elegance, the great luminosity of her face. To me, Charlotte is a watered down version of her grand-mother. Caroline had more "chien" than her mother, an expression impossible to translate (more character and spirit is a trite translation), but it was that force in her that made her more interesting to look at than either her mother or daughter.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Gentry

Talking about resemblances, it's amazing how much Caroline looks like her grandmother. It looks like Charlotte (Grimaldi') s genes jumped directly to her granddaughter. Unbelievable.

As for Charlotte ( Casiraghi ) , to me she's nothing like Grace Kelly. 100% different.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Courtier

I wonder why is Alexandra is included in this thread because when I look at her I see her dad Ernst in a younger and feminine version and I feel sorry for her considering how strikingly beautiful are her mother and her sister
Old 04-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Nobility

Alexandra is growing into a very beautiful girl. She looks more like her dad than her mother, that's for sure but that doesn't mean that she won't be as beautiful. She will just be different (but beautiful), that's all.

Léonard de Vinci