The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #321  
Old 03-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Vera Friedel's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Roma, Italy
Posts: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Charlotte in my opinion looks a lot like a younger Caroline but Prcss Alexandra looks more like her father then Caroline in my opinion which makes me think a lot of Charlotte beauty came from her fathers bone structure as well...
Yes, definitely. I think that most of Charlotte's beauty comes rfom her father. Stefano and Charlotte have the same facial structure, though Charlotte's is more feminine of course.
She and her siblings are living proof that real beauty comes from genes!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #322  
Old 03-27-2011, 12:40 PM
lazuli's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera Friedel View Post
Yes, definitely. I think that most of Charlotte's beauty comes rfom her father. Stefano and Charlotte have the same facial structure, though Charlotte's is more feminine of course.
She and her siblings are living proof that real beauty comes from genes!
Yes, but keep in mind P. Charlotte's features an most especially P. Charlotte's mouth. In my opinion P. Caroline got them from her gandmother and passed them on to her daughter. Charlotte has, obviously a genetical " dash " from her father, but i think she's much more Grimaldi than Casiraghi. And even on her Grimaldi side, she's more Grimaldi than Kelly... Or maybe her " beauty secret " lies in a indefinite mixture of all these sides of the family: Grimaldi, Kelly and Casiraghi!!!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #323  
Old 03-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Vera Friedel's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Roma, Italy
Posts: 211
Well Lazuli, I agree 100%..she's a great mixture of the Casiraghis, Grimaldis and Kellys............. still I think that Caroline beauty's is even more stunning than Charlotte's!
Caroline is still a head-turner even now that she's well over 50.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #324  
Old 03-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Harrisburg (outside of Charlotte NC), United States
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera Friedel View Post
Well Lazuli, I agree 100%..she's a great mixture of the Casiraghis, Grimaldis and Kellys............. still I think that Caroline beauty's is even more stunning than Charlotte's!
Caroline is still a head-turner even now that she's well over 50.

I agree! Charlotte and Princess Grace are/were beautiful. But Princess Caroline just had something extra that they didn't have. I can't quite put my finger on it, but she just shines, even at 54!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #325  
Old 03-27-2011, 05:20 PM
lazuli's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisboa, Portugal
Posts: 1,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by memoo View Post
I agree! Charlotte and Princess Grace are/were beautiful. But Princess Caroline just had something extra that they didn't have. I can't quite put my finger on it, but she just shines, even at 54!

just had?!? Still has if you ask me... That woman glows, she leaves traces of light whenever she passes by. In ancient times, she would be considered a sorceress...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #326  
Old 03-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,702
In these pics, again, we can see the resemblance:
Caroline and Charlotte
Princess Caroline still has it. What? I don't know, but she has it!
I think aswell as you that she has something that Charlotte and Grace didn't. Specially Charlotte, she lacks of something that Caroline has, at to a certain point, her grandmother.
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 03-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Horseygal's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,174
There is a haughty confidence I think Caroline has that Charlotte doesn't/doesn't need - Charlotte is more shy/reserved, in a way; Caroline grew up in the "me" generation of the '70s-80s where it was expected that you were to be outlandish, full of yourself, or display an in-your-face attitude......other than Pierre, her kids are not so much like that. Princess Grace was raised at a time when women had a specific role....more refined, cultured, gentle - which was respected and expected then. Today, it's ok to show that you're smart instead of pretend you aren't.....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 03-27-2011, 09:51 PM
CasiraghiTrio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Burbank, United States
Posts: 6,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChantalC View Post
I would say that Charlotte has her father's eyes.
Yeah. The color for sure. Charlotte and her brothers all got the grey color that can sometimes change in different lights, from Stefano I think. But I am not so sure about the shape.... It's funny how the Casiraghi bone structure and the grey eyes and nose predominated with all three of the kids. Very strong genes, those Casiraghi!

Remember these quotes!
"I'm very proud to be a Casiraghi!" Charlotte Casiraghi
"She is very reserved... like us." Fernanda Biffi Casiraghi about her granddaughter
__________________
Chewsteraghi on Tumblr. Schmichaelira on Twitter. Tumblr aka obsessivechewsteraghidisorder. Be warned: I'm weird.
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 03-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Nathalie Cox's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: in a corner of ..., Argentina
Posts: 2,702
^Excellent quotes to remember!
And they all have the same eye colour. I used to think Pierre had very blue eyes, but it depends of the light:
Pierre: very blue eyes
Pierre: not so blue

Charlotte: green-greyish/blueish
Charlotte: grey

Andrea: very blue eyes
Andrea: very blue eyes 2

Andrea has green/blue eyes too, but i can't find pics of his eyes looking blue/greyish, i'm finding all with blue eyes.
(Sorry, this went a little bit off topic, but i think they have a good mix of the eyes of Caroline too, her eyes "changes" colors depending the light)
__________________
* * The eyes are the mirror of the soul* *
The Impossible is what the mind can not imagine ...
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 03-28-2011, 12:12 AM
mtatum's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sherman Oaks, United States
Posts: 218
I think that comparisons between Caroline and Charlotte would be more valid in the sense that both ladies have the same dark features and exotic Mediterranean qualities.

Caroline for me also totally embraced her role as princess, and this fondness of her place in the world shows in her aura. She has a more conscious eagerness for fashion -- Charlotte's forte is more the casual chic, while Caroline looks great in both casual and formal events -- and has a better grasp of the attention towards her. She seems more natural and more glamorous than her daughter. Personally though, I think that Charlotte is more beautiful than Caroline, but Caroline can be more stunning and is more elegant.

But without disregarding the great beauties of Caroline and Charlotte, I think that Grace will always be in a special level. Whether it's the Grace Kelly on "To Catch A Thief" or the Princess Grace giving her last interview thankfully available on youtube, her name will always figure its way in "The Most Beautiful Women Of All Time" lists or classic fashion inspirations.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #331  
Old 03-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
There is a haughty confidence I think Caroline has that Charlotte doesn't/doesn't need - Charlotte is more shy/reserved, in a way; Caroline grew up in the "me" generation of the '70s-80s where it was expected that you were to be outlandish, full of yourself, or display an in-your-face attitude......other than Pierre, her kids are not so much like that. Princess Grace was raised at a time when women had a specific role....more refined, cultured, gentle - which was respected and expected then. Today, it's ok to show that you're smart instead of pretend you aren't.....
I fail to understand some of your statements in your post. Even if Caroline grew up in the “me” generation of the 70s-80s, she was not especially outlandish, she was not full of herself, and she did not display an in-your-face attitude. She rebelled against her upbringing just as her mother had done a generation earlier. She wore bikinis because she would have been more outlandish if she hadn't. She had self-confidence, and like almost every girl in any generation, she thought she was wiser than her mother in contemporary social and moral behavior. She had her one or two wild years in Paris, like any freshman would anywhere, anytime. By the 80’s by the way, she was well on her way to replicate a lifestyle Grace would not have disapproved of. It is also interesting that those who lived through the 70’s perceive the role models or idols of their youth as much tamer than those of today who create headlines with their endless substance abuse problems.
Being refined, cultured and gentle was respected and expected then. Remove the “gentle” (but was Grace as gentle as she appeared? It takes a lot of grit to achieve the career she achieved), and Caroline has the same qualities. She may have been gentler than she appeared, acting as big sister and counselor for socially and economically disadvantaged children while still a teenager. At the time, no one thought it was some publicity coup, just the result of being raised to serve and the opportunity to be helpful in a field she believed in.
When you say, “Today, it’s ok to show that you’re smart instead of pretend you aren’t”, do you mean the today of Caroline’s youth, when she asserted her smartness with intellectual and character passion (studying psychology, philosophy, envisaging working with children’s speech problems), or do you mean today of Charlotte’s youth? Frankly, in terms of ambitions and achievements at the same age, I’d put Grace first, Caroline second and Charlotte third. I don’t think Grace ever pretended to be less than smart. This was the Jackie Kennedy and Princess Grace era, when the two First Ladies seemed to emulate if not compete in how smart and cultured they could be, and indeed they both radiated. So did and still does Caroline. Charlotte is very beautiful.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 03-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Vera Friedel's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Roma, Italy
Posts: 211
Well, Grace ,Caroline and Charlotte are all beautiful in their own ways. Three stunning ladies.
But as for Caroline, in my opinion a good 50% of her " aura" and " glamour" is due to her personality.
I don't know her, but I am more than sure that she's a very strong woman.
She has a smile that lightens up a room. She gives off energy and positivity. I can sense it even through a picture, just by looking at her.
Charlotte, I think, is just a watered -down copy of her fierce mother.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 03-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Harrisburg (outside of Charlotte NC), United States
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
just had?!? Still has if you ask me... That woman glows, she leaves traces of light whenever she passes by. In ancient times, she would be considered a sorceress...
Oops....I meant just has...not just had She's beautiful and stunning at every age she has ever been!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 03-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Vanya Trubetskoy's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Evanston, United States
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
There is a haughty confidence I think Caroline has that Charlotte doesn't/doesn't need - Charlotte is more shy/reserved, in a way; Caroline grew up in the "me" generation of the '70s-80s where it was expected that you were to be outlandish, full of yourself, or display an in-your-face attitude......other than Pierre, her kids are not so much like that. Princess Grace was raised at a time when women had a specific role....more refined, cultured, gentle - which was respected and expected then. Today, it's ok to show that you're smart instead of pretend you aren't.....
I totally agree with you horseygal!
Caroline did ALOT of magazine covers! By coice, not like Charlotte where she is snapped by the paps. When someone poses for Vogue Cosmo etc. by choice that speaks of the confidence you mentioned. There was also that incident in a Paris nightclub when she wore a skimpy top and and while she was dancing someone took a not so flattering pic!
Caroline did have her wild years!
Any way there is a youtube video of Caroline which shows pretty much what you are talking about. I don't have much time, sorry I cant post it.
But it shows all the magazine covers Caroline did (by Choice) and IMO illustrates what you talked about in you post!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 03-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 1,360
I'm not sure of the by choice. I think her father told her to do them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 03-29-2011, 01:47 AM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanya Trubetskoy View Post
I totally agree with you horseygal!
Caroline did ALOT of magazine covers! By coice, not like Charlotte where she is snapped by the paps. When someone poses for Vogue Cosmo etc. by choice that speaks of the confidence you mentioned. There was also that incident in a Paris nightclub when she wore a skimpy top and and while she was dancing someone took a not so flattering pic!
Caroline did have her wild years!
Any way there is a youtube video of Caroline which shows pretty much what you are talking about. I don't have much time, sorry I cant post it.
But it shows all the magazine covers Caroline did (by Choice) and IMO illustrates what you talked about in you post!
What exactly is your point? So she did a lot of magazine covers, (public and official events, paparazzi stuff, and covers shot by the greatest photographers), no great wonder there, she was beautiful, she was a princess, and she had a personality to boot. Both journalists and the public loved her. How does your argument relate to the post you quote?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #337  
Old 03-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Horseygal's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
I fail to understand some of your statements in your post. Even if Caroline grew up in the “me” generation of the 70s-80s, she was not especially outlandish, she was not full of herself, and she did not display an in-your-face attitude. She rebelled against her upbringing just as her mother had done a generation earlier. She wore bikinis because she would have been more outlandish if she hadn't. She had self-confidence, and like almost every girl in any generation, she thought she was wiser than her mother in contemporary social and moral behavior. She had her one or two wild years in Paris, like any freshman would anywhere, anytime. By the 80’s by the way, she was well on her way to replicate a lifestyle Grace would not have disapproved of. It is also interesting that those who lived through the 70’s perceive the role models or idols of their youth as much tamer than those of today who create headlines with their endless substance abuse problems.
Being refined, cultured and gentle was respected and expected then. Remove the “gentle” (but was Grace as gentle as she appeared? It takes a lot of grit to achieve the career she achieved), and Caroline has the same qualities. She may have been gentler than she appeared, acting as big sister and counselor for socially and economically disadvantaged children while still a teenager. At the time, no one thought it was some publicity coup, just the result of being raised to serve and the opportunity to be helpful in a field she believed in.
When you say, “Today, it’s ok to show that you’re smart instead of pretend you aren’t”, do you mean the today of Caroline’s youth, when she asserted her smartness with intellectual and character passion (studying psychology, philosophy, envisaging working with children’s speech problems), or do you mean today of Charlotte’s youth? Frankly, in terms of ambitions and achievements at the same age, I’d put Grace first, Caroline second and Charlotte third. I don’t think Grace ever pretended to be less than smart. This was the Jackie Kennedy and Princess Grace era, when the two First Ladies seemed to emulate if not compete in how smart and cultured they could be, and indeed they both radiated. So did and still does Caroline. Charlotte is very beautiful.
Hopefully, you don't think I'm knocking Caroline, Grace, or Charlotte - I'm just asking that readers recall the eras I'm discussing - it was acceptable and expected in the 1950s for women to be more refined, speak softly, dress impecably, and hide their intelligence - plenty of women were accomplished and educated, it was just frowned upon to be perceived as bragging about it (back then); in the 1970s and 1980s it was more acceptable for women to be more bold, speak up,go for higher-profile jobs, dress how THEY chose to, cut their hair/grow it wild and long - you see such a drastic departure in the 70s and 80s from the quiet "lady" to the competitive woman (AND THANK GOD) who wasn't afraid to spell out what she was good at and being smart was something to be touted, not shunned.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #338  
Old 03-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Courtier
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Arlington, United States
Posts: 850
Horseygal, thank you for your response and clear explanation.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 03-31-2011, 04:03 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sandusky, United States
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtatum View Post

Caroline for me also totally embraced her role as princess, and this fondness of her place in the world shows in her aura. She has a more conscious eagerness for fashion -- Charlotte's forte is more the casual chic, while Caroline looks great in both casual and formal events -- and has a better grasp of the attention towards her. She seems more natural and more glamorous than her daughter. Personally though, I think that Charlotte is more beautiful than Caroline, but Caroline can be more stunning and is more elegant.

But without disregarding the great beauties of Caroline and Charlotte, I think that Grace will always be in a special level. Whether it's the Grace Kelly on "To Catch A Thief" or the Princess Grace giving her last interview thankfully available on youtube, her name will always figure its way in "The Most Beautiful Women Of All Time" lists or classic fashion inspirations.
I agree with your post, but I did want to add my own thoughts.

Charlotte is in her mid-twenties. While she's no longer a youth, she still exploring her ambitions and deciding what she wants to do with her life. Although she seems to have it mostly figured out, she may not be fully settled yet.

Princess Caroline has embraced her duties--arguably because of Grace's premature death, but also she has been able to rebel, marry and have children, live a "normal" life and figure out her goals. I imagine in a decade or two--after Charlotte's had full opportunity to make good and bad choices in love, life and career, she too would will be less shy about embracing princess duties. (And considering she's not even titled, I think Charlotte has shown herself to be devoted to Monaco.)

Major word to your comments about Grace's aura!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 03-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Horseygal's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
Horseygal, thank you for your response and clear explanation.
No prob! We have enough snarking that goes on here, so I always like to try to explain my point w/out offending. When I think of "old-school" ladies, my grandmothers come to mind - always dressed impecably (even for grocery shopping) - including hair done, lips/nails....today, most of us go grocery shopping in our sweats and hair in a ponytail!! Expectations are more loose today - unfortunately, women are always going to be under scrutiny for their looks - especially high-profile royals.....
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg's Charities and Patronages norwegianne Royal House of Denmark 203 11-22-2014 02:11 PM
Charlotte Casiraghi's Fashion and Style Part 2: July 2010 - March 2012 iceflower Archives 390 03-04-2012 03:50 AM
Current press reports: Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August asturiana Princess Caroline and Family 509 07-27-2011 06:31 AM




Popular Tags
belgium brussels carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion genealogy germany grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympics ottoman pieter van vollenhoven poland president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden the hague wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]