The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Charlotte in my opinion looks a lot like a younger Caroline but Prcss Alexandra looks more like her father then Caroline in my opinion which makes me think a lot of Charlotte beauty came from her fathers bone structure as well...
Yes, definitely. I think that most of Charlotte's beauty comes rfom her father. Stefano and Charlotte have the same facial structure, though Charlotte's is more feminine of course.
She and her siblings are living proof that real beauty comes from genes!

Old 03-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera Friedel View Post
Yes, definitely. I think that most of Charlotte's beauty comes rfom her father. Stefano and Charlotte have the same facial structure, though Charlotte's is more feminine of course.
She and her siblings are living proof that real beauty comes from genes!
Yes, but keep in mind P. Charlotte's features an most especially P. Charlotte's mouth. In my opinion P. Caroline got them from her gandmother and passed them on to her daughter. Charlotte has, obviously a genetical " dash " from her father, but i think she's much more Grimaldi than Casiraghi. And even on her Grimaldi side, she's more Grimaldi than Kelly... Or maybe her " beauty secret " lies in a indefinite mixture of all these sides of the family: Grimaldi, Kelly and Casiraghi!!!

Old 03-27-2011, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

Well Lazuli, I agree 100%..she's a great mixture of the Casiraghis, Grimaldis and Kellys............. still I think that Caroline beauty's is even more stunning than Charlotte's!
Caroline is still a head-turner even now that she's well over 50.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Aristocracy

Location: Harrisburg (outside of Charlotte NC), United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vera Friedel View Post
Well Lazuli, I agree 100%..she's a great mixture of the Casiraghis, Grimaldis and Kellys............. still I think that Caroline beauty's is even more stunning than Charlotte's!
Caroline is still a head-turner even now that she's well over 50.

I agree! Charlotte and Princess Grace are/were beautiful. But Princess Caroline just had something extra that they didn't have. I can't quite put my finger on it, but she just shines, even at 54!
Old 03-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by memoo View Post
I agree! Charlotte and Princess Grace are/were beautiful. But Princess Caroline just had something extra that they didn't have. I can't quite put my finger on it, but she just shines, even at 54!

just had?!? Still has if you ask me... That woman glows, she leaves traces of light whenever she passes by. In ancient times, she would be considered a sorceress...
Old 03-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

In these pics, again, we can see the resemblance:
Caroline and Charlotte
Princess Caroline still has it. What? I don't know, but she has it!
I think aswell as you that she has something that Charlotte and Grace didn't. Specially Charlotte, she lacks of something that Caroline has, at to a certain point, her grandmother.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Serene Highness

There is a haughty confidence I think Caroline has that Charlotte doesn't/doesn't need - Charlotte is more shy/reserved, in a way; Caroline grew up in the "me" generation of the '70s-80s where it was expected that you were to be outlandish, full of yourself, or display an in-your-face attitude......other than Pierre, her kids are not so much like that. Princess Grace was raised at a time when women had a specific role....more refined, cultured, gentle - which was respected and expected then. Today, it's ok to show that you're smart instead of pretend you aren't.....
Old 03-27-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChantalC View Post
I would say that Charlotte has her father's eyes.
Yeah. The color for sure. Charlotte and her brothers all got the grey color that can sometimes change in different lights, from Stefano I think. But I am not so sure about the shape.... It's funny how the Casiraghi bone structure and the grey eyes and nose predominated with all three of the kids. Very strong genes, those Casiraghi!

Remember these quotes!
"I'm very proud to be a Casiraghi!" Charlotte Casiraghi
"She is very reserved... like us." Fernanda Biffi Casiraghi about her granddaughter
Old 03-27-2011, 10:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

^Excellent quotes to remember!
And they all have the same eye colour. I used to think Pierre had very blue eyes, but it depends of the light:
Pierre: very blue eyes
Pierre: not so blue

Charlotte: green-greyish/blueish
Charlotte: grey

Andrea: very blue eyes
Andrea: very blue eyes 2

Andrea has green/blue eyes too, but i can't find pics of his eyes looking blue/greyish, i'm finding all with blue eyes.
(Sorry, this went a little bit off topic, but i think they have a good mix of the eyes of Caroline too, her eyes "changes" colors depending the light)
Old 03-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Aristocracy

I think that comparisons between Caroline and Charlotte would be more valid in the sense that both ladies have the same dark features and exotic Mediterranean qualities.

Caroline for me also totally embraced her role as princess, and this fondness of her place in the world shows in her aura. She has a more conscious eagerness for fashion -- Charlotte's forte is more the casual chic, while Caroline looks great in both casual and formal events -- and has a better grasp of the attention towards her. She seems more natural and more glamorous than her daughter. Personally though, I think that Charlotte is more beautiful than Caroline, but Caroline can be more stunning and is more elegant.

But without disregarding the great beauties of Caroline and Charlotte, I think that Grace will always be in a special level. Whether it's the Grace Kelly on "To Catch A Thief" or the Princess Grace giving her last interview thankfully available on youtube, her name will always figure its way in "The Most Beautiful Women Of All Time" lists or classic fashion inspirations.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
There is a haughty confidence I think Caroline has that Charlotte doesn't/doesn't need - Charlotte is more shy/reserved, in a way; Caroline grew up in the "me" generation of the '70s-80s where it was expected that you were to be outlandish, full of yourself, or display an in-your-face attitude......other than Pierre, her kids are not so much like that. Princess Grace was raised at a time when women had a specific role....more refined, cultured, gentle - which was respected and expected then. Today, it's ok to show that you're smart instead of pretend you aren't.....
I fail to understand some of your statements in your post. Even if Caroline grew up in the “me” generation of the 70s-80s, she was not especially outlandish, she was not full of herself, and she did not display an in-your-face attitude. She rebelled against her upbringing just as her mother had done a generation earlier. She wore bikinis because she would have been more outlandish if she hadn't. She had self-confidence, and like almost every girl in any generation, she thought she was wiser than her mother in contemporary social and moral behavior. She had her one or two wild years in Paris, like any freshman would anywhere, anytime. By the 80’s by the way, she was well on her way to replicate a lifestyle Grace would not have disapproved of. It is also interesting that those who lived through the 70’s perceive the role models or idols of their youth as much tamer than those of today who create headlines with their endless substance abuse problems.
Being refined, cultured and gentle was respected and expected then. Remove the “gentle” (but was Grace as gentle as she appeared? It takes a lot of grit to achieve the career she achieved), and Caroline has the same qualities. She may have been gentler than she appeared, acting as big sister and counselor for socially and economically disadvantaged children while still a teenager. At the time, no one thought it was some publicity coup, just the result of being raised to serve and the opportunity to be helpful in a field she believed in.
When you say, “Today, it’s ok to show that you’re smart instead of pretend you aren’t”, do you mean the today of Caroline’s youth, when she asserted her smartness with intellectual and character passion (studying psychology, philosophy, envisaging working with children’s speech problems), or do you mean today of Charlotte’s youth? Frankly, in terms of ambitions and achievements at the same age, I’d put Grace first, Caroline second and Charlotte third. I don’t think Grace ever pretended to be less than smart. This was the Jackie Kennedy and Princess Grace era, when the two First Ladies seemed to emulate if not compete in how smart and cultured they could be, and indeed they both radiated. So did and still does Caroline. Charlotte is very beautiful.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Aristocracy

Well, Grace ,Caroline and Charlotte are all beautiful in their own ways. Three stunning ladies.
But as for Caroline, in my opinion a good 50% of her " aura" and " glamour" is due to her personality.
I don't know her, but I am more than sure that she's a very strong woman.
She has a smile that lightens up a room. She gives off energy and positivity. I can sense it even through a picture, just by looking at her.
Charlotte, I think, is just a watered -down copy of her fierce mother.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Aristocracy

Location: Harrisburg (outside of Charlotte NC), United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
just had?!? Still has if you ask me... That woman glows, she leaves traces of light whenever she passes by. In ancient times, she would be considered a sorceress...
Oops....I meant just has...not just had She's beautiful and stunning at every age she has ever been!
Old 03-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
I totally agree with you horseygal!
Caroline did ALOT of magazine covers! By coice, not like Charlotte where she is snapped by the paps. When someone poses for Vogue Cosmo etc. by choice that speaks of the confidence you mentioned. There was also that incident in a Paris nightclub when she wore a skimpy top and and while she was dancing someone took a not so flattering pic!
Caroline did have her wild years!
Any way there is a youtube video of Caroline which shows pretty much what you are talking about. I don't have much time, sorry I cant post it.
But it shows all the magazine covers Caroline did (by Choice) and IMO illustrates what you talked about in you post!
Old 03-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Serene Highness

I'm not sure of the by choice. I think her father told her to do them.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:47 AM
Courtier
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanya Trubetskoy View Post
I totally agree with you horseygal!
Caroline did ALOT of magazine covers! By coice, not like Charlotte where she is snapped by the paps. When someone poses for Vogue Cosmo etc. by choice that speaks of the confidence you mentioned. There was also that incident in a Paris nightclub when she wore a skimpy top and and while she was dancing someone took a not so flattering pic!
Caroline did have her wild years!
Any way there is a youtube video of Caroline which shows pretty much what you are talking about. I don't have much time, sorry I cant post it.
But it shows all the magazine covers Caroline did (by Choice) and IMO illustrates what you talked about in you post!
What exactly is your point? So she did a lot of magazine covers, (public and official events, paparazzi stuff, and covers shot by the greatest photographers), no great wonder there, she was beautiful, she was a princess, and she had a personality to boot. Both journalists and the public loved her. How does your argument relate to the post you quote?
Old 03-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
I fail to understand some of your statements in your post. Even if Caroline grew up in the “me” generation of the 70s-80s, she was not especially outlandish, she was not full of herself, and she did not display an in-your-face attitude. She rebelled against her upbringing just as her mother had done a generation earlier. She wore bikinis because she would have been more outlandish if she hadn't. She had self-confidence, and like almost every girl in any generation, she thought she was wiser than her mother in contemporary social and moral behavior. She had her one or two wild years in Paris, like any freshman would anywhere, anytime. By the 80’s by the way, she was well on her way to replicate a lifestyle Grace would not have disapproved of. It is also interesting that those who lived through the 70’s perceive the role models or idols of their youth as much tamer than those of today who create headlines with their endless substance abuse problems.
Being refined, cultured and gentle was respected and expected then. Remove the “gentle” (but was Grace as gentle as she appeared? It takes a lot of grit to achieve the career she achieved), and Caroline has the same qualities. She may have been gentler than she appeared, acting as big sister and counselor for socially and economically disadvantaged children while still a teenager. At the time, no one thought it was some publicity coup, just the result of being raised to serve and the opportunity to be helpful in a field she believed in.
When you say, “Today, it’s ok to show that you’re smart instead of pretend you aren’t”, do you mean the today of Caroline’s youth, when she asserted her smartness with intellectual and character passion (studying psychology, philosophy, envisaging working with children’s speech problems), or do you mean today of Charlotte’s youth? Frankly, in terms of ambitions and achievements at the same age, I’d put Grace first, Caroline second and Charlotte third. I don’t think Grace ever pretended to be less than smart. This was the Jackie Kennedy and Princess Grace era, when the two First Ladies seemed to emulate if not compete in how smart and cultured they could be, and indeed they both radiated. So did and still does Caroline. Charlotte is very beautiful.
Hopefully, you don't think I'm knocking Caroline, Grace, or Charlotte - I'm just asking that readers recall the eras I'm discussing - it was acceptable and expected in the 1950s for women to be more refined, speak softly, dress impecably, and hide their intelligence - plenty of women were accomplished and educated, it was just frowned upon to be perceived as bragging about it (back then); in the 1970s and 1980s it was more acceptable for women to be more bold, speak up,go for higher-profile jobs, dress how THEY chose to, cut their hair/grow it wild and long - you see such a drastic departure in the 70s and 80s from the quiet "lady" to the competitive woman (AND THANK GOD) who wasn't afraid to spell out what she was good at and being smart was something to be touted, not shunned.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

Horseygal, thank you for your response and clear explanation.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtatum View Post

Caroline for me also totally embraced her role as princess, and this fondness of her place in the world shows in her aura. She has a more conscious eagerness for fashion -- Charlotte's forte is more the casual chic, while Caroline looks great in both casual and formal events -- and has a better grasp of the attention towards her. She seems more natural and more glamorous than her daughter. Personally though, I think that Charlotte is more beautiful than Caroline, but Caroline can be more stunning and is more elegant.

But without disregarding the great beauties of Caroline and Charlotte, I think that Grace will always be in a special level. Whether it's the Grace Kelly on "To Catch A Thief" or the Princess Grace giving her last interview thankfully available on youtube, her name will always figure its way in "The Most Beautiful Women Of All Time" lists or classic fashion inspirations.
I agree with your post, but I did want to add my own thoughts.

Charlotte is in her mid-twenties. While she's no longer a youth, she still exploring her ambitions and deciding what she wants to do with her life. Although she seems to have it mostly figured out, she may not be fully settled yet.

Princess Caroline has embraced her duties--arguably because of Grace's premature death, but also she has been able to rebel, marry and have children, live a "normal" life and figure out her goals. I imagine in a decade or two--after Charlotte's had full opportunity to make good and bad choices in love, life and career, she too would will be less shy about embracing princess duties. (And considering she's not even titled, I think Charlotte has shown herself to be devoted to Monaco.)

Major word to your comments about Grace's aura!
Old 03-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveroyals View Post
Horseygal, thank you for your response and clear explanation.
No prob! We have enough snarking that goes on here, so I always like to try to explain my point w/out offending. When I think of "old-school" ladies, my grandmothers come to mind - always dressed impecably (even for grocery shopping) - including hair done, lips/nails....today, most of us go grocery shopping in our sweats and hair in a ponytail!! Expectations are more loose today - unfortunately, women are always going to be under scrutiny for their looks - especially high-profile royals.....