Grace, Caroline, Charlotte, Alexandra. . . it's all in the genes!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They seem to have focused more on Charlotte and Pierre.
To me, Andrea is a the perfect mix of Caroline and Stefano. He even has some Grace features.
Charlotte is beginning to look more and more like Andrea, and Stefano too.
Pierre... i don't know, i used to see a lot of resemblance to his father, but lately...i don't know who he looks like.

LOL, we all see different things!
I used to think that Charlotte was the spitting image of her mother, but i'm finding her looking more like her dad too. Alexandra and the Casiraghis are nice combo of their parents, i think.

Charlotte looks so much like her father than when I look at some Stefano pictures I am amazed, same nose, same eyes, same facial expressions.
Charlotte has her mother's same lips shape and especially when she was a teen their resemblance was unbelievable but now all I can see is Stefano's genes.

A nice pic of smiling Pss Caroline in 1976

Celebrity Image

Hi Tosca,
Thanks for posting that picture of Caroline. It was a nice contrast to recent pictures of Charlotte. Someone on TFS remarked that we don’t see enough pictures of Charlotte looking lady-like, whereas Caroline, even in her flaming youth, always bore a closer approximation of what we think of as lady-like. From a book on fashion I once read, bringing focus to the face has a lot to do with it. For a man to look like a gentleman, he had to wear high, stiff collars that elongated the neck and made his head seem to rest on a pedestal. It’s true that the classic lady-like look emphasizes luminosity around the face, with earrings, scarves, pearls, wide collars (Caroline’s habitual preppy look in her teens), updos and face-framing dos. Even evoking slight discomfort seems to be part of the aura, with clothes that seem a bit tight around the neck, shoulders, or waist.

I agree with you, iloveroyals - BTW welcome back!- since I also can't see Charlotte, who incidentally is a beautiful girl, as looking lady-like. Even when she wears wonderful dresses, she always look kind of shabby, so to speak. Perhaps it's because of her constant apathetic expression or her not-so-good posture, just like a bored child. Instead it seems that Pauline has inherited her aunt's bearings and natural elegance.

I don’t want to stray too far off thread, but you are right about Pauline vs. Charlotte, although honestly I think Charlotte has more beautiful, striking features. There is one picture of Charlotte that stands out in my mind because she was the epitome of lady-like. It was last fall, when she attended a fashion event with models at a shop (can’t remember where…), looking demure and delicate as she went down the stairs wearing a below-the-knee black dress. Caroline broke new ground with her modern, sometimes devil-may-care attitude, but in retrospect, her looks are vintage now and she always remained, willy-nilly, her mother’s daughter. Delicate and demure are not words I would associate with Caroline, and you are right to evoke Pauline and her natural bearing and elegance, but a slouch she never was. Of course, fashion has a lot to do with it, along with edgy (which she was), the key word now is comfort, which, like stiff collars for gentlemen, was not quite appropriate for ladies. Maybe I’ll move over to the fashion thread and try to elaborate when I have time. Anyway, thanks for the picture of vintage Caroline, with that little impertinent scarf, a signature look that always lit up her face…

Caroline looks so much like her grandmother Charlotte! I personally don't see a resemblance to her mother.

Thanks to this wonderful blog, Sheila's Grace Scans, I saw this pic of a young Grace which for me has the same aura as her granddaughter Charlotte. Stunning.

Sorry if this has been posted here already.

Sheila's Grace Scans

Thanks to this wonderful blog, Sheila's Grace Scans, I saw this pic of a young Grace which for me has the same aura as her granddaughter Charlotte. Stunning.

Sorry if this has been posted here already.

Sheila's Grace Scans

That's amazing. Great find. And I almost never see an iota of resemblance in those two.

Interesting ... for me, except for the blonde vs dark hair, I think Charlotte looks VERY much like her grandmother Grace.

Grace Kelly had a beautiful face, not so much Gwyneth Paltrow. Although I think she is attractive, she looks exactly like her mother Blythe Danner.

G
Oh gosh.. in the 1st picture Albert looks like..As for Grace Kelly, well, if someone told me that Gwyneth Paltrow is her daughter, i would believe it. She could def play her in a movie. The resemble is unbelievable for me. They're both so delicate & like swans.
Grace: http://i56.tinypic.com/70wgwp.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/1pwj5s.jpg
http://i56.tinypic.com/15zsf0p.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/2n6dgdi.jpg
Gwyneth: http://i56.tinypic.com/wldopt.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2aj2jd3.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/25spf6u.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/10zoawo.jpg

These pics also have that Grace-Charlotte link going on.

(Grace Kelly)

(Grace Kelly)

Thank you for the beautiful pictures you posted. It's amazing how Grace could look bland or sultry. The patrician look is still what she looks best in, that quality of inner elegance, the great luminosity of her face. To me, Charlotte is a watered down version of her grand-mother. Caroline had more "chien" than her mother, an expression impossible to translate (more character and spirit is a trite translation), but it was that force in her that made her more interesting to look at than either her mother or daughter.

Talking about resemblances, it's amazing how much Caroline looks like her grandmother. It looks like Charlotte (Grimaldi') s genes jumped directly to her granddaughter. Unbelievable.

As for Charlotte ( Casiraghi ) , to me she's nothing like Grace Kelly. 100% different.

I wonder why is Alexandra is included in this thread because when I look at her I see her dad Ernst in a younger and feminine version and I feel sorry for her considering how strikingly beautiful are her mother and her sister

Alexandra is growing into a very beautiful girl. She looks more like her dad than her mother, that's for sure but that doesn't mean that she won't be as beautiful. She will just be different (but beautiful), that's all. :flowers:

To be honest, I think Caroline and Charlotte have great bone structure, but these days it's hard to tell who is beautiful. Caroline has a perpetually sad and/or grumpy look on her face and Charlotte, a much less appealing bored pout. Expressions like that guzzump good looks and leave both ladies looking unappealing and unapproachable.

Now young Alexandra is growing into a lovely young lady and it is hard to tell yet if she is going to be as stunning as her mother or sister. However, whatever she ends up looking like, I hope she does not lose that wonderfully radiant smile she has. It is quite riveting and the only one on show at her Uncle's wedding. She looked utterly charming and quite unique!

I agree about Charlotte. She is pretty but that sullen pouty look she usually has on detracts from whatever good looks she may naturally have.

To be honest, I think Caroline and Charlotte have great bone structure, but these days it's hard to tell who is beautiful. Caroline has a perpetually sad and/or grumpy look on her face and Charlotte, a much less appealing bored pout. Expressions like that guzzump good looks and leave both ladies looking unappealing and unapproachable.

Now young Alexandra is growing into a lovely young lady and it is hard to tell yet if she is going to be as stunning as her mother or sister. However, whatever she ends up looking like, I hope she does not lose that wonderfully radiant smile she has. It is quite riveting and the only one on show at her Uncle's wedding. She looked utterly charming and quite unique!

I agree on all accounts.
Charlotte is really quite stunning but has lately been looking thoroughly bored with everything. Her appearance at the Rose Ball was bizarre at best. Caroline looks sad most of the times. Alexandra, while quite unlike her mother and elder sister, appears to be a charming and lovely girl, which to me is at least as appealing as the greatest bone structure in the world.

Last edited:
I think Caroline and Charlotte owe their looks as much, if not more, to the late Princess Charlotte than they do to Grace.

I think the most beautiful is Grace, after Grace the most beautiful is Caroline and the third place is for Charlotte. :flowers:
But I personally prefer Caroline over Grace because she has very warm appearance. :lucky:

Back
Top Bottom