The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Charlotte is a mother's girl.))) They are very much alike.
Some of her gestures remind me Grace, but not at all.
Charlotte has much more Italian and other bloods than Princess Grace had.

Old 07-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree.
Charlotte and Caroline strongly resemble Princess Charlotte.

It's worth remembering that Grace was descended from German and Irish stock.
I can't see much resemblance between her and Caro and Char.

Old 07-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Courtier
TRF Author

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l5...13caroteen.jpg

The recent pictures posted in "Charlotte's current events" remind me of a younger Caroline, age 14 or 15.
Charlotte seems to be looking (in manners and way of holding herself) more like her mother lately. She is finally pushing her head back, which gives her more presence. In my opinion, she has always been less bold and stylistically creative than her mother, who took risks with various hair cuts and hair styles all through her adolescence and young womanhood, and always added a personal touch to any outfit (some piece of jewelry, a scarf, a barrette, anything), but Charlotte seems to be coming into her second prime, the first of course being in her early teens. It will be interesting to see how she develops.
The two have different personalities and roles to fulfill. Caroline was always able to project interest in other people while remaining in center stage, in other words, charismatic, and Charlotte, unless she was with her friends, always appeared to be self-conscious and unable to take charge in an important social situation. This seems about to change. The interview she gave a few weeks ago was the first sign that she is quite capable of projecting self-confidence and control when the need arises. Her upbringing is an asset and her uncle's possible views on her future role in the principality may be a challenge she proudly wants to win. Her resumed sports competitiveness may also be a pyschological factor that helps. Caroline, of course, had to be competitive in so many sports, as per her mother's orders.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:33 PM
Commoner

It's interesting to me Grace had this look that was just her's. Then you see Carrie and she's like a perfect blend of her mother and father. Then Char, and she looks like's Carrie's mini me except her dad manages to come shinning thru too. This is what gourgeous family tree.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:23 PM
Nobility

I think that Caroline, all credit to her, had more pressure growing up because she was Princess Grace's daughter vs Charlotte being Caroline's daughter. It helps that Charlotte and Caroline look alike, and that Caroline shielded her children from the public eye. Moreover, Grace was a bigger star and celebrity and more legendary than Caroline.

From the book Rainier and Grace by J. Randy Taraborrelli, page 41:

Her Serene Highness Princess Caroline of Monaco has a recollection of her mother that, while somewhat disconcerting, is typical of the experience of a girl raised by a beloved, much-sought-after celebrity such as Princess Grace. "There's sort of a vision, as a small child, of seeing someone so incredibly beautiful and well-dressed going out, with a trail of perfume behind," she recalled of Grace, "and this woman saying to me, `Don't! Careful! Don't mess my hair and make-up.'"
Old 07-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renata4711 View Post
I agree.
Charlotte and Caroline strongly resemble Princess Charlotte.

It's worth remembering that Grace was descended from German and Irish stock.
I can't see much resemblance between her and Caro and Char.
I agree totally with you
Old 07-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
I agree totally with you
Me too. I'd say P. Caroline and Charlotte both take after the Grimaldi side. Just take a look at Princess Charlotte ( P. Caroline grandmother ): her lips are the same as those of her grandaughter ( Caro ) and great grandaughter ( Charlie ); besides its interessting to remark the ressemblances between Caroline, Andrea and Caroline as babies to their father and grandfather: the three of them look like a small version of Prince Rainier. It's amazing!!!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
Me too. I'd say P. Caroline and Charlotte both take after the Grimaldi side. Just take a look at Princess Charlotte ( P. Caroline grandmother ): her lips are the same as those of her grandaughter ( Caro ) and great grandaughter ( Charlie ); besides its interessting to remark the ressemblances between Caroline, Andrea and Caroline as babies to their father and grandfather: the three of them look like a small version of Prince Rainier. It's amazing!!!
Sorry: i meant Caroline, Andrea and Charlotte: all the three look like three little Rainiers in their " babyhood "
Old 07-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Courtier

Well, i never used to see a great resemblance between Grace and Caroline & Charlotte. I agree they look very much like Rainier's mom. Their looks are dark and exotic, quintessential French/mediterrean ladies while Grace looks like a California girl (I know she's not from there, but I'm just saying) or a German girl. Don't kill me for this but I think Heidi Klum looks like Grace sometimes.

However, going back through these pages, I do see a slight resemblance of Charlotte to Grace. Especially in her teens, Charlotte had cheekbones that resembled Grace's. I never saw much of Grace in any of her children though, not even Albert. But Charlotte's definitely her mother's daughter looks-wise, with a splash of Stefano thrown in for good measure.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Nobility

I think Albert has the outline( receding hairline- punchy belly ) of his father but he has the looks of the Kelly family -fair skinned- he has that irish american look to him.

Caroline looks is owed to the Grimaldis but sometime when that certain camera angle catches this certain look- you do see Grace especially in the cheeks.

Steph always had that androynous (sp) look to her- She has the mixture of the Kellys and the Grimaldis. The Kelly athletic body- square jaw- deep set eyes and the coloring of the Grimaldis- with Steph it seemed like the genes of Rainier nad Grace just caught fire!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Because this comes up so often in the Monaco threads (more than any other forum here at The Royal Forums), let repeat some ground rules for this thread.

Its also important to note that Grace , Caroline and Charlotte are each their own woman, with different looks, personalities, goals and being brought up during different (and often opposing) generations so of course their lives will be somewhat different. IMO its unfair to compare Caroline (who was born a princess and never had a true private life) with Grace (who was born a private citizen and choose to lead a public life). You are comparing apples and oranges.

All off topic posts will be deleted without notice. Also, if you can't respect the opinions of other members (who might disagree with you) those posts will be deleted as well. Finally, speculative posts about how decent or undecent Grace was during her actress years have been deleted as well.

If you have any questions, please contact any of the Monaco moderators and/or TRF administrators.

Zonk
Monaco Moderator

Old 08-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Charlotte's beautiful eyes are a heritage of Princess Grace.

http://i27.tinypic.com/1zwm91w.jpg
Old 08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh my God! They look so much alike in that pic!
Thanks queenofthelight!
Old 09-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Aristocracy

why isn`t Charlotte thinking about acting? at least trying in a small role
Old 09-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
Charlotte's beautiful eyes are a heritage of Princess Grace.

http://i27.tinypic.com/1zwm91w.jpg
She has her grandmother's nose as well.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Courtier

I never used to see it before but now I definitely see some of what Charlotte undoubtedly inherited from her grandmother---that fabulous bone structure for instance, the eyes (which I believe are Caroline's as well), and the nose now that it has been pointed out lol. I still think she's Caroline's replica for the most part, but you can definitely see a bit of Grace in Charlotte.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

A nice pic I found:
Riding the Horse
Old 10-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathalie Cox View Post
A nice pic I found:
Riding the Horse
They are both look amazing on the horse!

This time here is Princess Grace of Monaco and Princess Caroline of Hanouver.

http://i33.tinypic.com/9ss778.jpg

The photo was made in 70s.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, in this photos you can clearly see that Charlotte is Grace Kelly's Granddaughter:

Grace *** Charlotte
Old 10-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Aristocracy

I have always thought that Charlotte is a good mix of Stefano and Caroline...she has a lot of her dad in her face.
Sometimes when I look at Charlotte I can't help but notice the strong resemblance to the Casiraghi's family.
Of course there's a lot of Caroline, too.