Grace, Caroline, Charlotte, Alexandra. . . it's all in the genes!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I first heard about Charlotte -can't remember when that was- and came to the forums to check on her pictures, I remember thinking she was the spitting image of Caro. Now, I think there's a bigger Casiraghi side to her. Until I saw this picture of Caro. If it weren't for the age difference, I could easily say that was Charlotte! :L http://i55.tinypic.com/24pksjb.jpg

ps: Oh, and I apologize for bringing up this thread but I just wanted to post this picture.

Very much so, and far more than she "resembles" Grace. No one would say Natalie Portman resembled Grace, unless she were her grandaughter also.:lol:

She is only like her, in so far as, they have the same colouring. That is it as far as I can see. Natalie used to look very like Keira Knightley but as they've grown up no longer. It is the same reason Winona Ryder, Mila Kunis and Natalie looked a like in the black swan: same type. There actual bone structure and features were nothing a like.

As the time goes by, I see more and more Stefano's features in Charlotte's face....the prominent squared jaw, that shy smile, the eyes..........
When she was in her early teen Charlotte was the spit image of Caroline, now it's all about her dad.
Cool, Stefano was a very handsome guy.
His genes and Caroline's genes could only produce great offspring.

As the time goes by, I see more and more Stefano's features in Charlotte's face....the prominent squared jaw, that shy smile, the eyes..........
When she was in her early teen Charlotte was the spit image of Caroline, now it's all about her dad.
Cool, Stefano was a very handsome guy.
His genes and Caroline's genes could only produce great offspring.

I think so too. In fact, now I can only see Stefano in her. I keep trying to find Caro's features but they seem to have gone away with time!

I think so too. In fact, now I can only see Stefano in her. I keep trying to find Caro's features but they seem to have gone away with time!

I see Caroline mostly in the expressions, the cheekbones, and the mouth. The rest of her bone structure is almost alll Stefano, I completely agree.

I wonder how her cousins from Casiraghi's side look like. Given the fact that the Casiraghis are a family of beautiful people they should look fine too.
I recall just one cousin, Afra, if I spelt the name right, but she didn't impress me much.
I know that there a bunch of other Casiraghi cousins and I wounder how they look like.

A comparison I did of Charlotte and her father.

great resemblence. thanks selket!

A comparison I did of Charlotte and her father.

Very good resemblance. Charlotte has her Dad's bone structure and nose. The larger blue eyes, eyebrows more prominent, and full lips and her darker skin tone all like Princess Caroline. She is a lucky young woman have gotten to this mixture of looks from her parents. Her hair I don't know which parent she got it from. :flowers:

Very good resemblance. Charlotte has her Dad's bone structure and nose. The larger blue eyes, eyebrows more prominent, and full lips and her darker skin tone all like Princess Caroline. She is a lucky young woman have gotten to this mixture of looks from her parents. Her hair I don't know which parent she got it from. :flowers:

Charlotte's hair coloring is definitely from Caroline,who got it from Rainier...more Mediterranean coloring.

Even Albert seems to have brown hair here, when Charlotte was christened,but it is a good example of the different skin tones in the family. You can see,alas,that Caroline has Rainier's rather sun damaged skin.

http://www.corbisimages.com/images/...f&uniqID=dff4f88f-f845-4d52-bfaf-b3345f73696a

Last edited by a moderator:
Caroline was such a beautiful woman when she was younger. She still is, but the smoking and the sunbathing did her no favors.
By far the most beautiful royal family. Grace, Caroline and Charlotte all belong in the category of most beautiful women.

I wonder how can we see so different things:ROFLMAO:

I only see Caroline´s eyes, cheeks, bone structure and lips. Probably hes father´s nose.

What is wondering me that Caroline had always dark hair,Stefano had fair one...so the children were supposed to inherit Caroline's colour(because dark pigment is always stronger,altough there are a lot of exeptions as we see).The boys reminded blond but Charlotte's hair are dark...The same thing with Grimaldis.Princesses Stephanie and Caroline were brunetts and Albert was blond

What is wondering me that Caroline had always dark hair,Stefano had fair one...so the children were supposed to inherit Caroline's colour(because dark pigment is always stronger,altough there are a lot of exeptions as we see).The boys reminded blond but Charlotte's hair are dark...The same thing with Grimaldis.Princesses Stephanie and Caroline were brunetts and Albert was blond
I've thought as well about this genetic result,in such cases the boys usually inherit dark hair,but here's an exception

"Mirror, mirror on the wall - who is the most beautiful of them all ...."

Could they not each have their own specific and unique beauty ??

The Casiraghis all had blonde hair as small children. Maybe from the sun. PA also.

Charlotte in my opinion looks a lot like a younger Caroline but Prcss Alexandra looks more like her father then Caroline in my opinion which makes me think a lot of Charlotte beauty came from her fathers bone structure as well...

Charlotte in my opinion looks a lot like a younger Caroline but Prcss Alexandra looks more like her father then Caroline in my opinion which makes me think a lot of Charlotte beauty came from her fathers bone structure as well...

Yes, definitely. I think that most of Charlotte's beauty comes rfom her father. Stefano and Charlotte have the same facial structure, though Charlotte's is more feminine of course.
She and her siblings are living proof that real beauty comes from genes!

Yes, definitely. I think that most of Charlotte's beauty comes rfom her father. Stefano and Charlotte have the same facial structure, though Charlotte's is more feminine of course.
She and her siblings are living proof that real beauty comes from genes!

Yes, but keep in mind P. Charlotte's features an most especially P. Charlotte's mouth. In my opinion P. Caroline got them from her gandmother and passed them on to her daughter. Charlotte has, obviously a genetical " dash " from her father, but i think she's much more Grimaldi than Casiraghi. And even on her Grimaldi side, she's more Grimaldi than Kelly... Or maybe her " beauty secret " lies in a indefinite mixture of all these sides of the family: Grimaldi, Kelly and Casiraghi!!! :princess3: :princess3: :princess3:

Well Lazuli, I agree 100%..she's a great mixture of the Casiraghis, Grimaldis and Kellys............. still I think that Caroline beauty's is even more stunning than Charlotte's!
Caroline is still a head-turner even now that she's well over 50.

Well Lazuli, I agree 100%..she's a great mixture of the Casiraghis, Grimaldis and Kellys............. still I think that Caroline beauty's is even more stunning than Charlotte's!
Caroline is still a head-turner even now that she's well over 50.

I agree! Charlotte and Princess Grace are/were beautiful. But Princess Caroline just had something extra that they didn't have. I can't quite put my finger on it, but she just shines, even at 54!

I agree! Charlotte and Princess Grace are/were beautiful. But Princess Caroline just had something extra that they didn't have. I can't quite put my finger on it, but she just shines, even at 54!

just had?!? Still has if you ask me... That woman glows, she leaves traces of light whenever she passes by. In ancient times, she would be considered a sorceress... :catmoon: :flowers: :catmoon:

In these pics, again, we can see the resemblance:
Caroline and Charlotte
Princess Caroline still has it. What? I don't know, but she has it!
I think aswell as you that she has something that Charlotte and Grace didn't. Specially Charlotte, she lacks of something that Caroline has, at to a certain point, her grandmother.

There is a haughty confidence I think Caroline has that Charlotte doesn't/doesn't need - Charlotte is more shy/reserved, in a way; Caroline grew up in the "me" generation of the '70s-80s where it was expected that you were to be outlandish, full of yourself:cool:, or display an in-your-face attitude......other than Pierre, her kids are not so much like that. Princess Grace was raised at a time when women had a specific role....more refined, cultured, gentle - which was respected and expected then. Today, it's ok to show that you're smart instead of pretend you aren't.....:whistling:

Last edited:
I would say that Charlotte has her father's eyes.

Yeah. The color for sure. Charlotte and her brothers all got the grey color that can sometimes change in different lights, from Stefano I think. But I am not so sure about the shape.... It's funny how the Casiraghi bone structure and the grey eyes and nose predominated with all three of the kids. Very strong genes, those Casiraghi!

Remember these quotes!
"I'm very proud to be a Casiraghi!" Charlotte Casiraghi
"She is very reserved... like us." Fernanda Biffi Casiraghi about her granddaughter :D

^Excellent quotes to remember!
And they all have the same eye colour. I used to think Pierre had very blue eyes, but it depends of the light:
Pierre: very blue eyes
Pierre: not so blue

Charlotte: green-greyish/blueish
Charlotte: grey

Andrea: very blue eyes
Andrea: very blue eyes 2

Andrea has green/blue eyes too, but i can't find pics of his eyes looking blue/greyish, i'm finding all with blue eyes.
(Sorry, this went a little bit off topic, but i think they have a good mix of the eyes of Caroline too, her eyes "changes" colors depending the light)

I think that comparisons between Caroline and Charlotte would be more valid in the sense that both ladies have the same dark features and exotic Mediterranean qualities.

Caroline for me also totally embraced her role as princess, and this fondness of her place in the world shows in her aura. She has a more conscious eagerness for fashion -- Charlotte's forte is more the casual chic, while Caroline looks great in both casual and formal events -- and has a better grasp of the attention towards her. She seems more natural and more glamorous than her daughter. Personally though, I think that Charlotte is more beautiful than Caroline, but Caroline can be more stunning and is more elegant.

But without disregarding the great beauties of Caroline and Charlotte, I think that Grace will always be in a special level. Whether it's the Grace Kelly on "To Catch A Thief" or the Princess Grace giving her last interview thankfully available on youtube, her name will always figure its way in "The Most Beautiful Women Of All Time" lists or classic fashion inspirations.

Back
Top Bottom