Princess Caroline‘s Role in Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Alex's art gallery space...it's a cool building...

I guess Charlotte's whole crew pretty much lives in London...Olympia, Camilla, The Dellals, Eugenie(?)...and Ernst's sons...I'm sure there's a lot more.

I like Alex's art gallery space...it's a cool building...

I guess Charlotte's whole crew pretty much lives in London...Olympia, Camilla, The Dellals, Eugenie(?)...and Ernst's sons...I'm sure there's a lot more.

Yep, yep, much more, Eugenie and Olympia, all the Dellals, Camilla are all mostly on the London scene. I'm guessing Eloise's family is there too. I wonder what clubs they all go to. That crowd is loosely affiliated with the orbit around the York princesses, so perhaps they sometimes go to the Yorks' favorite, Cuckoo. Do you think Char might go into Mahiki one of these days, and share one of those gi-normous cocktails with Wills or Harry? :brows:

Yep, yep, much more, Eugenie and Olympia, all the Dellals, Camilla are all mostly on the London scene. I'm guessing Eloise's family is there too. I wonder what clubs they all go to. That crowd is loosely affiliated with the orbit around the York princesses, so perhaps they sometimes go to the Yorks' favorite, Cuckoo. Do you think Char might go into Mahiki one of these days, and share one of those gi-normous cocktails with Wills or Harry? :brows:

I always wondered whether she knew them on any level...I would say they have probably met...but it's a big possibility they haven't.

Should be interesting to see what she does on the scene...I'm sure now that she's in London they'll all revolve around her...Vogue did describe her as the queen bee. :cool:

..Let just hope she wont become the next 'paparazzi attraction'...:rolleyes:

mizzy2006 said:
I did read in some sources that 'the Independent' is partially owned by European.

The Independent is owned by Independent News Media Group which is chaired by one Anthony "Tony" O'Reilly, who is also Chief Executive Officer (CEO). INM is a Dublin-based company which owns, among other things, the newspaper now graced by the internship of Miss Casiraghi. :flowers:

The newspaper is divided between the Daily version (called "Indy") and the Sunday version ("Sindy"). Apparently, Charlotte is working for the "Sindy". Tristan Davis is Sindy editor, while one Simon Kelner is the Indy editor.

Further Reading
* Brook, Stephen: "Sindy shuns multi-section format...," The Media Guardian, 30 May 2007
* Ponsford, Dominic: "News magazine look for relaunched Independent on Sunday," The Press Gazette, 31 May 2007

I'm sure she doesn't speak italian at home. Since her mother is french (monegasques are french people after all) and she is french herself I'm sure they don't speak a foreign language (italian) with each other.

I'd be very surprised if the Casiraghi's did not grow up bilingual in French and Italian. Caroline, Albert and Stephanie grew up bilingual in the two languages of their own parents, and there's no reason to suppose Caoline would do anything different in her marriage. Caroline's marriage to Stefano "lifted" him above his previous orbit socially, but anyone as family-oriented as she is would make the most for her children of their Casiraghi inheritance and family ties.

Pierre's studies in Milan also make his fluency in the language self-evident, and why would Andrea or Charlotte have had anything different than he?

Well I'm sure she basically speaks a lot more English now...with her bf and now living in London. I know Andrea has a bit of a British accent happening when he speaks English but I saw Albert on Larry King and was shocked by how American he sounded...it was amazing. But I guess growing up with an American mother it shouldn't be...but still...

Well I'm sure she basically speaks a lot more English now...with her bf and now living in London. I know Andrea has a bit of a British accent happening when he speaks English but I saw Albert on Larry King and was shocked by how American he sounded...it was amazing. But I guess growing up with an American mother it shouldn't be...but still...

Albert's accent depends on what language he is speaking. When speaking English, he sounds American like his mother. When speaking French, you would never know he wasn't 100% full-blooded Frenchman. :D As for Stephanie and Caroline, I confess I've only ever heard their French speaking, and they sound very French to me. But I understand that Caroline, like Albert, speaks excellent English and speaks it with American accent.

I agree with you about Andrea. He has a strange sound that is hard to place exactly, almost but not quite British sounding, French sounding but with a British twist I suppose. Very intriguing, his voice!

I have this image in my head that Charlotte speaks English with an American accent like a valley girl and I have no idea why...:lol: :eek:

But I understand that Caroline, like Albert, speaks excellent English and speaks it with American accent.

To me Caroline sounded more British when I last heard her (I think it was back in '97 on a special that was on ABC). Stephanie sounded more American.

I think they all have accent speaking english, but Andrea less, because he lives in NY, and now Charlotte will have opportunity to perfect her english, I somehow think that Pierre has the strongest accent... I also think french and italian both are their first languages, becasue I imagine that Caroline must have wanted them to speak their father's language, especially after his death...

Caroline and Albert both had an English nanny, an American mother and a father who spoke with a British accent (having studied in Britain). But while Albert lived and attended college in the US, Caro attended part of high school in the UK: that's why they have different accents speaking English.
As for the Casiraghi and their Italian, I don't think they are exactly bilingual, they probably speak English better than Italian, but growing up they had the opportunity to speak their father's first language at home, cause Caro kept the Italian staff Stefano had hired before his death (a driver, a cook, I think a nanny). For their English accent, if they learnt it from their mother only, it must be neutral, with a tendency to a Brit accent, otherwise, it depends who their teacher was; they probably have a little of a French accent, eccept Andrea, who might be getting a NY one.

True, as the only of the three children of Rainier and Grace who spent part of the education in the UK, Caroline has a tendency to speak English with a British accent. Having not heard Caroline speak English, I simply assumed she spoke it like Albert & Stephanie. Albert spent part of his education at Amherst, and Stephanie lived in California.... I imagine Grace ("our" Grace) :) made a good point, that the Casiraghis most likely speak English with accent similar to Caroline, and we only heard Andrea speak English so far, hence the nearly-but-not-quite British sound. Now the lightbulb is brighter. It's all making sense to me now. Thank you, Lady Jennifer, shappica, and Grace. :flowers:

The Independent is owned by Independent News Media Group which is chaired by one Anthony "Tony" O'Reilly, who is also Chief Executive Officer (CEO). INM is a Dublin-based company which owns, among other things, the newspaper now graced by the internship of Miss Casiraghi. :flowers:

The newspaper is divided between the Daily version (called "Indy") and the Sunday version ("Sindy"). Apparently, Charlotte is working for the "Sindy". Tristan Davis is Sindy editor, while one Simon Kelner is the Indy editor.

Further Reading
* Brook, Stephen: "Sindy shuns multi-section format...," The Media Guardian, 30 May 2007
* Ponsford, Dominic: "News magazine look for relaunched Independent on Sunday," The Press Gazette, 31 May 2007

Oh..I did read from
The Independent - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia but I think they kept selling the stake. Only small amount of stakes used to be owned by European. Sorry I did not read until finish..

Wow!! SThey must be proud that someone's interested to know about the history of a newspaper. Maybe other newspapers should follow suit..Daily Mail should conisder to bring in Paris Hilton instead.:lol:

Wow!! SThey must be proud that someone's interested to know about the history of a newspaper. Maybe other newspapers should follow suit..Daily Mail should conisder to bring in Paris Hilton instead.:lol:

:nonono: Paris Hilton is long gone, ancient history, yesteryear's news. There is a new breed of heiress emerging, and these ladies have restraint, class, and mystique: Charlotte Casiraghi, Julia Restoin Roitfeld, Bea Schaffer, Charlotte Dellal.... I hesitate to include Alice, because she's the "modographer," quite distinct from these ladies, even her own sister. Alice is on a plane by herself, and I mean that as the highest compliment. :flowers:

:nonono: Paris Hilton is long gone, ancient history, yesteryear's news. There is a new breed of heiress emerging, and these ladies have restraint, class, and mystique: Charlotte Casiraghi, Julia Restoin Roitfeld, Bea Schaffer, Charlotte Dellal.... I hesitate to include Alice, because she's the "modographer," quite distinct from these ladies, even her own sister. Alice is on a plane by herself, and I mean that as the highest compliment. :flowers:

I can't stand Alice...she came off like a douchebag in her Nylon interview. She was trying to be funny but it didn't translate at all...

I can't stand Alice...she came off like a douchebag in her Nylon interview. She was trying to be funny but it didn't translate at all...

I heard about the interview. It's short, right? Any chance you can post some of it in the Dellal thread in Celebrity Chit chat? I would like to read it and there have been requests for it there. I heard she came across badly, but I still like her, or I should say, I like her now, as I have only of late started to take to her. It took some time. At first, when she was dating Pierre, I wasn't sure I liked her. Now that it seems they aren't dating anymore, I think I like her. I hope the reason is not that they aren't dating anymore. ;)

Last edited:
I heard about the interview. It's short, right? Any chance you can post some of it in the Dellal thread in Celebrity Chit chat? I would like to read it and there have been requests for it there. I heard she came across badly, but I still like her, or I should say, I like her now, as I have only of late started to take to her. It took some time. At first, when she was dating Pierre, I wasn't sure I liked her. Now that it seems they aren't dating anymore, I think I like her. I hope the reason is not that they aren't dating anymore. ;)

I'll try and scan it tonight on my brother's computer...:flowers:

Travels with the Casiraghis

Andrea's travels
1) Ibiza/Formentera/Balearic isles (first time photographed there in summer 2002, that I am aware of)
2) New York USA (first visited with his mother and siblings in ?June 1990; has made many subsequent returns; for sure in and thereafter 2005)
3) São Paulo, Brazil (first in ?2005, made return trips there both years since?)
4) Some part of Mexico (?January 2005)
5) London England (approx. ?April 2005, photographed buying flowers for Tatiana)
6) Manila and other parts of the Philippines (?August 2006)
7) Dakar, Senegal (?June 2003 and again 2004)
8) St. Moritz, Switzerland (skiing of course, plus the annual ball, name of which I don't remember)
9) Montreal, Quebec, Canada (2004? McGill studies)
10) Buenos Aires, Argentina (not sure, don't remember exactly?)
11) Jamaica, in the Caribbean (with Grimaldi family at least twice in the years 1991-1996)
12) Rome Italy (for the Valentino celebrations, June 2007, stayed at Hotel Eden*)
13) Cáceres, Extremadura, Spain (Grimaldi family hunting trips, often when he was a boy; November 2002; November 2006)
Nation count: 12 (add Austria, Germany, Kenya from "Trio's Travels"; excluding France & Monaco)
Total: 15

Pierre's travels
1) St. Moritz, Switzerland (February 2005 with Tina Flohr, also same Andrea's #8)
2) St. Petersburg, Russia(?summer 2006)
3) Some part of Thailand (?)
4) Cape Town, South Africa and another African country (maybe Nigeria?)
5) Umbria, Italy (festival in february 2007)
6) Milan, Italy (for school obviously, ?2006-present)
7) Tuscany
8) Portugal (summer ?1993; summer 1999)
9) Jamaica, in the Caribbean (with Grimaldi family at least twice in the years 1991-1996)
10) Rome (for the Valentino celebrations, June 2007, stayed at Hotel Eden*)
11) Ibiza/Formentera (summers 2005 onward)
12) Cáceres, Extremadura, Spain (Grimaldi family hunting trips, often when he was a boy; November 2002; November 2006)
13) Helsinki Finland (2005)
Nation count: 10 (add Croatia, Kenya, Austria, Germany from "Trio's Travels"; excluding France & Monaco)
Total: 14

Charlotte's Travels
1) Salzburg, Austria (for the festival concerts, September 2002)
2) Many places up and down France for jumping competitions: Barbizon, Bois le Roi, Metz, Chantilly.... mostly places in the same region as Fontainebleau and within convenient driving from Paris, though there are exceptions like Bordeaux and Lacanau)
3) New York USA (?June 1990; June 1995 with mother and siblings; October 2003, with Eugenie Niarchos)
4) London Fashion Week 2007; London England (June 1991 maybe only Heathrow airport layover from NY; June 1995 to see play with her mother; October 2007 for Monaco Consulate opening; living/working in London)
5) Portugal(summer ?1993; summer 1999; summer 2007)
6) Jamaica, in the Caribbean (with Grimaldi family at least twice in the years 1991-1996)
7) Rome Italy (for the Valentino celebrations, June 2007, stayed at Hotel Eden*)
8) Ibiza Spain ("Ibiza virgin" :D until this past summer)
Nation count: 7 (add Germany, Kenya from "Trio's travels"; excluding France and Monaco)
Total: 9

The Trio's home-related or habitual travels
1) Lamu, Kenya (part of archipelago where cars aren't allowed and access restricted to boats, allowing total privacy; paparazzi have gotten pics of them there but it's very difficult, perhaps the profit doesn't match the expense of getting the pics?)
2) Zurs, Austria (skiing resort where they stay always in the same hotel; forgot the name)
3) Fino Mornasco in Arona, in Lombardy, Italy (estate of the Casiraghi family)
4) The French Riviera: St. Tropez, Cannes Film Festival, Nice (latter especially for the airport for travel in and out of Monaco)
5) Typical PACHA III port calls: Italian islands & coastal towns: Sardinia, Corsica, Ponza, Capri; also sometimes Croatia such as July 2003)
6) Many return visits to former home, Saint Rémy de Provence, five minutes from Monaco; i.e. September 2003, May/June 2006)
7) Schloss Marienburg, Germany (party in May 2000)
8) Stepfather's Auerbach estate in Austria (have spent many times there, 1999, 2000, 2001.... we haven't seen pics of their summers there in a long time, though; it might be because of the Human Rights court decision in 2004....)

Note:
*See fantastic pictures of The Hotel Eden in Rome

I'll try to post more soon. :)

Last edited:
CasiraghiTrio, you can add hunting trips to Spain (at least for Casiraghi boys).;) I beleive they've made some number of those over the years.

The last one that I could remember is from Nov./06 , they've been in Provincia de Caceres in Spain. here's pic;

Photo+description

CasiraghiTrio, you can add hunting trips to Spain (at least for Casiraghi boys).;) I beleive they've made some number of those over the years.

The last one that I could remember is from Nov./06 , they've been in Provincia de Caceres in Spain. here's pic;

Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me about that. I guess I missed the pics from 2006. The last pics I noticed from the Extremadura hunting trip are from November 2002. I will add it on the list.

Ianna, or anyone who might know: Do you remember what Caribbean island they went to with their Grimaldi relations in the 90s? I believe it was the last trip Caroline and Stephanie made together with all their kids in tow, before their supposed/alleged "rift" of some years. :confused:

Last edited:
Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding me about that. I guess I missed the pics from 2006. The last pics I noticed from the Extremadura hunting trip are from November 2002. I will add it on the list.

Ianna, or anyone who might know: Do you remember what Caribbean island they went to with their Grimaldi relations in the 90s? I believe it was the last trip Caroline and Stephanie made together with all their kids in tow, before their supposed/alleged "rift" of some years. :confused:

Is this photo from vacation you mentioned? (orginally provided by iceflower) I beleive they were in Jamaica, Montego Bay (?), the same place where whole family went after Stefano's death.

Yes, that's it.... Jamaica.... I did a country count for all three Casiraghis and the winner, no surprise, in terms of most # of countries visited appears to be Andrea. Pierre slides in at a close second, and poor Charlotte lags behind at just nine. :) Mind you, there might be loads of countries missing from the list. But I included everything I could remember.... ;)

I'm probably a bit late here, but I just recently saw a documentary/biography of Princess Grace and there were several commentary snippets from Caroline, and her English was identical to that of her mother's - she has an American accent. She spole perfectly, which initially shocked me but really shouldn't since her mom was American. DUH!

CasiraghiTrio said:
Pierre's travels
1) St. Moritz, Switzerland (February 2005 with Tina Flohr, also same Andrea's #8)
2) St. Petersburg, Russia(?summer 2006)
3) Some part of Thailand (?)
4) Cape Town, South Africa and another African country (maybe Nigeria?)
5) Umbria, Italy (festival in february 2007)
6) Milan, Italy (for school obviously, ?2006-present)
7) Tuscany
8) Portugal (summer ?1993; summer 1999)
9) Jamaica, in the Caribbean (with Grimaldi family at least twice in the years 1991-1996)
10) Rome (for the Valentino celebrations, June 2007, stayed at Hotel Eden*)
11) Ibiza/Formentera (summers 2005 onward)
12) Cáceres, Extremadura, Spain (Grimaldi family hunting trips, often when he was a boy; November 2002; November 2006)
13) Helsinki Finland (2005)
sorry, but I'm lost here. When did Pierre go to St. Petersburg and Helsinki? I never knew. are there in pictures? :confused:

Yes, that's it.... Jamaica.... I did a country count for all three Casiraghis and the winner, no surprise, in terms of most # of countries visited appears to be Andrea. Pierre slides in at a close second, and poor Charlotte lags behind at just nine. :) Mind you, there might be loads of countries missing from the list. But I included everything I could remember.... ;)

I think its good for them to see other countries while they are still young since they are in line to the throne and at the same time not stuck to any royal titles yet. Good for them. I guess Charlotte will do more travelling in the future for her writings...:wub:

It was said Pierre went to St Petersburg in the summer 2005 and met Tina Flohr while he was there, and later in February 2006 went skiing with her in St. Moritz. There aren't pics from that as far as I know.

But the trip to Helsinki produced pics because it was official. He and Albert traveled there for a day or two for the IAAF Championships. I think it was September, maybe October 2005. Pierre wore a black blazor over grey V-neck, jeans, and a sort of burgundy colored tie. His hair was gorgeous (the big curly hair). :D

Come to think of it, I think I might add Australia to the list...... I am not sure though. Maybe someone knows for sure. I remember around the year 1996 Andrea and Pierre took a trip somewhere to learn kayaking and ?skydiving. Was it Australia?

I'm not real sure about Charlotte having any eye problems that would need contacts or glasses......... I do know however that her mom and brother Pierre have had to wear glasses but now they wear contacts

I am sure that Charlotte is near-sighted like Pierre and wears both glasses and contact lenses. She used to go around sometimes in glasses, to school or just around shopping or something. She never was photographed a lot wearing glasses, but on the occasions when she was, she was wearing them walking around, which indicates that she was wearing them for near-sightedness. I believe she and Pierre must now be wearing contacts all the time because neither is ever seen with glasses anymore. I believe the same of Andrea, because sometimes he had been photographed wearing glasses in the past, but it's been many years since I have seen it.

Back
Top Bottom