Princess Caroline‘s Role in Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
charlotte has the same voice as her mother.I don't know how to say in english...in french we say 'grave'. I'm sorry I hope you'll understand it.

Grave in french means serious. Is that what you mean? Or do you mean she has a deep voice? Thanks

so her first langauge is english and she has a deep voice? I am saying english because when Stefano was alive I know the family spoke english, so they wouldn't all of a sudden change that...right?

Does anyone have a small audio clip of Charlotte talking?

no her first language is french and she has a deep voice . listen to her mother's and you'll see what charlotte's voice looklike

Does anyone know where I can find an audio of caroline...thanks

HCAP87 said:
Does anyone know where I can find an audio of caroline...thanks
I don't know where you'd be able to find a plain audio file of Caroline but if you go to the Video Links - Family of Monaco then I'm sure you'll be able to find a video clip where she's speaking.

Hope that helps

Does anyone know what´s Charlotte studying this year, as she passed her exams, she goes on at the same university?

I am curious, what languages do they speak and to whom? For example, with Tatiana and her father, is it English?

LouAnne said:
no her first language is french and she has a deep voice . listen to her mother's and you'll see what charlotte's voice looklike

WOW! They look so much aliek and even their voices sound alike!

i'm just curious. when you're young and super rich do you just go to college and travel and go to parties? what do their parents do give them a 2 million allowance yearly?

more likely an unlimited credit card. i just realized i'm really shallow because if i looked like charlotte and had unlimited access to what ever i wanted, omg i'd probably hurt myself. i just spent over 2 million in my head between sentences:wacko: so all in all i'm rather proud she seems a respectful, down to earth young lady (gawd forbid she had anything in common with those hilton girls)

Yeh,
Its hard to imagine living a life like that.
Charlotte seems pretty aware of the spotlight she's in and manages to deal with it pretty well.
She also hasn't seemed to have any "stuff ups" with the law or drugs, which can be tempting when you have almost everything.
Good on her

robbie27 said:
Yeh,
Its hard to imagine living a life like that.
Charlotte seems pretty aware of the spotlight she's in and manages to deal with it pretty well.
She also hasn't seemed to have any "stuff ups" with the law or drugs, which can be tempting when you have almost everything.
Good on her
agree...one of the reason why i love this girl so much... i am still wondering where she would go to study after this..:ermm:

rosana said:
there are other cousins, this is what i read: Marzia, Fernanda, Gaja, Chiara. There may be others.

Yes, Marzia.... She is gorgeous. She has skin almost like Charlotte, though maybe she is a little bit lighter than Charlotte. Certainly her hair is not so dark as Charlotte, but still her hair is not blonde like Fernanda and Gianmarco. Marzia has this perfect oval face and high cheekbones.

Lucia Rose said:
WOW! They look so much aliek and even their voices sound alike!

How do you know that?
Have you ever heard Charlotte speaking, are there any clips of it on The Royal Forums?

Casiraghi Titles

Can someone please answer this for me? Currently the three Casiraghis hold no titles. If Albert died and Caroline became Princess of Monaco, would they automatically gain titles on her ascension? As Andrea is next in line after his mother, would he automatically become a Prince when it was his turn to rule?

Can someone please answer this for me? Currently the three Casiraghis hold no titles. If Albert died and Caroline became Princess of Monaco, would they automatically gain titles on her ascension? As Andrea is next in line after his mother, would he automatically become a Prince when it was his turn to rule?

Nobility is usually inherited via the father.

In the case of:
Queen Victoria x Albert Prince of Saxen-Coburg and Gotha,
Queen Wilhelmina x Heinrich Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin,
Queen Juliana x Bernhard Prince of Lippe-Biesterfeld,
Queen Elizabeth II x Philip Prince of Greece and Denmark,
Queen Margrethe II x Henri Comte de Laborde de Monpezat,
Queen Beatrix x Claus Jonkheer van Amsberg,

their children did not inherit their mother's royal titles. Instead these were issued by Royal Decree (or Letters Patent, as it is called in the UK) apart from their father's title which was inherited indeed.

Mr. Stefano Casiraghi was a commoner who married with Princess Caroline de Monaco. Their children did not receive any title since their father had no title to inherit from and nor did Prince Rainier III elevate the children into the nobility.

Andrea, Pierre and Charlotte Casiraghi can only receive a title when their uncle, The Prince, is pleased to issue a so called Arrêt Princier (Princely Decree) in which to them is granted a title.

The daughter from Princess Caroline's marriage to The Prince of Hannover has a title. Not a Monegasque one, but inherited via her father: HRH Princess Alexandra of Hannover.

If Caroline succeeds to the throne all of her children will automatically become HSH Prince or Princess of Monaco. Alexandra would also retain her title of HRH Princess of Hannover. Andrea would also become Marquis de Baux as heir to the throne. Until then he remains a commoner, unless Albert choses to grant a title of nobility for the family.

If Caroline succeeds to the throne all of her children will automatically become HSH Prince or Princess of Monaco. Alexandra would also retain her title of HRH Princess of Hannover. Andrea would also become Marquis de Baux as heir to the throne. Until then he remains a commoner, unless Albert choses to grant a title of nobility for the family.

With all due respect, this is sort of a pure personal assumption, in my humble personal opinion. Can you back your statement, please?

The Statuts de la Famille Souveraine only says in article 2 that the Heir to the Sovereign Prince is the Hereditary Prince. For the rest there is no any mention of titles.

The current line of succession is:

1) Sa Altesse Royale la Princesse de Hannovre
2) Monsieur Andrea Casiraghi
3) Monsieur Pierre Casiraghi
4) Mademoiselle Charlotte Casiraghi
5) Sa Altesse Royale la Princesse Alexandra de Hannovre
6) Sa Altesse Sérénissime la Princesse Stéphanie de Monaco
7) Monsieur Louis Ducruet
8) Mademoiselle Pauline Ducruet

Marquis of Baux - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The title of Marquis des Baux is one tradiitionally associated with the Hereditiary Prince of Monaco and was held by Prince Albert himself before he succeeded to the throne.

With all due respect, this is sort of a pure personal assumption, in my humble personal opinion. Can you back your statement, please?

The Statuts de la Famille Souveraine only says in article 2 that the Heir to the Sovereign Prince is the Hereditary Prince. For the rest there is no any mention of titles.

The current line of succession is:

1) Sa Altesse Royale la Princesse de Hannovre
2) Monsieur Andrea Casiraghi
3) Monsieur Pierre Casiraghi
4) Mademoiselle Charlotte Casiraghi
5) Sa Altesse Royale la Princesse Alexandra de Hannovre
6) Sa Altesse Sérénissime la Princesse Stéphanie de Monaco
7) Monsieur Louis Ducruet
8) Mademoiselle Pauline Ducruet

Italian? I would expect that they speak french primarily. But I have no idea.
Charlotte speaks italian, french, english and some german..at home she speaks italian, her mom speaks too italian...

Charlotte speaks italian, french, english and some german..at home she speaks italian, her mom speaks too italian...

I'm sure she doesn't speak italian at home. Since her mother is french (monegasques are french people after all) and she is french herself I'm sure they don't speak a foreign language (italian) with each other.
Charlotte is a native french speaker but she very probably is completely fluent in english and speaks it with Alex. They say she also speaks italian and german and it is probaly so, but not as first languages.

Last edited:

Monaco is totally surrounded by France. It is a french-speaking territory so it would be very weird if Charlotte (or Andrea or Pierre) would speak Italian at home....

I'm not sure about Char, but I've heard her brothers speak italian and even thought they speak it quite well, it is clear french and not italian is their first language...not only they must speak it at home, but they also attended french schools...

I'm sure she doesn't speak italian at home. Since her mother is french (monegasques are french people after all) and she is french herself I'm sure they don't speak a foreign language (italian) with each other.
Charlotte is a native french speaker but she very probably is completely fluent in english and speaks it with Alex. They say she also speaks italian and german and it is probaly so, but not as first languages.
monegasques are not french people!!!the munegu (the language of monegasques) derives to genoese.so are ligurian,not french.then the most of people are italian and french,but the real monegasques are ligurian,they have ligurian surname not french.and francesco malizia was genoese,in fact the grimaldi were one of the most important family of genoa.so the monegasques and the french are completely differents origins.if you go to monaco you will see that the alleys are called "carruggi",this is an genoese word and like this all the monegasques words!i'm sure because i'm ligurian and i live near monaco

monegasques are not french people!!!the munegu (the language of monegasques) derives to genoese.so are ligurian,not french.then the most of people are italian and french,but the real monegasques are ligurian,they have ligurian surname not french.and francesco malizia was genoese,in fact the grimaldi were one of the most important family of genoa.so the monegasques and the french are completely differents origins.if you go to monaco you will see that the alleys are called "carruggi",this is an genoese word and like this all the monegasques words!i'm sure because i'm ligurian and i live near monaco

Of course Monaco has its own dialect but there is only one official language and that is French. English is the second language due to the immense import of foereigners. Italian can be frequently heard and finally there also is the Monegasque dialect. This is mainly spoken by ethnic Monegasques, forming a minority in their own principality.

All official publications, all regulations, all permits, all correspondence, all media are in French.

I know everything you say. But if you go to many "real" french areas you will find the same. Streets called in langue d'oc in the south, in breton in the norhwest, in basque in the southwest... it does not matter. It is just a reference to their original background. The same that happens with monaco. The southeast of france wasn't french until the late middle ages, and the southwest was an independent kingdom until the XVII century and so on... you're speaking about old history.
Monaco is the same as the sourrounding area of the Côte d'Azur, but at some point the king of France granted the noblemen who ruled there a greater authority over their land, but it was always his subjet and legaly he could always recover complete power over monaco. The ruler of Monaco has been a subject of the King of France since then, and even when the republic arrived, the french goverment kept a lot of authority over monaco (one of the main monegasque ministers has to be french) and some monegaque decissions had to be accepted by France. A couple of years ago Albert obtained a bigger independence from France, but it was only a couple of years ago, mind you.
So, whatever the ancient origine of the people there, and in spite of the "independence" of monaco, monegasques are actually french people with a different nationaly written in their passports.

Last edited:
I just have some general curiosities about Charlotte's Life in London. I don't think these info. and questions belong in current events. At the same time, it doesn't seem necessary to have a new thread for this.

Independent House at Marsh Way
HQ of the Independent newspaper where Charlotte is now working. :)
Rex 1
Rex 2
Rex 3
Further info. on this newspaper: Independent Online Edition > Home

20 Hoxton Square
The art gallery here is owned by Alex Dellal and Adam Waymouth. See Pictures:
Rex 1
Rex 2
Rex 3
Further info. about the gallery: 20 HOXTON SQUARE

Hurlingham Lodge
As the London base of Prince Ernst, it is a gated 18th-century mansion facing Broomhouse Lane. It has a garage for the Prince's rare car collection. See picture & more info. --> Hurlingham Lodge, Londres
Other pictures from Rex:
Rex 1
Rex 2
Rex 3

Recent article:
¿PODRÍA ESTAR PENSANDO CARLOTA CASIRAGHI EN IRSE A VIVIR A LONDRES CON SU NOVIO, ALEX DELLAL?
In the third paragraph, Hola! speculates that Alex Dellal is owner of three houses in London, that one has been refurbished, and that Charlotte may be sharing the refurbished house with him, either now or in the future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom