Princess Caroline‘s Role in Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Socialities get money for just breathing. I'm sure it comes the same for the Casiraghi kids.

Hmmm - I can't imagine Char and her brothers being paid to attend fashion shows or club events, but if they are, I hope the $$ goes to their chosen charity, rather than in their own pocket.

I think if any of the Casiraghis use a social networking site, they use fake names, and since they are multilingual, they will use, most primarily, English and French in their common speech, and some Italian, and maybe Pierre would use more Italian than the others. Most Monegasques speak a mix of all their languages anyway, not just one thing. They have friends all over the planet. Like fandesa... says, they will speak English a lot because it's a common language for a lot of people.

The Ducruet kids, Michael and Louis and Pauline, definitely have facebook. You can look at their profile and see it's real and they have all the right privacy settings and seem to be very discreet, which is good. Camille use it too. Well, Michael is not very discreet with his, though! But there doesn't seem to be any harm in it.

Agree 100%. If the Michael Ducruet is the right one that I found on facebook, he's recently changed his settings. Pauline's was wide open for a while, photos and everything-luckily she must've realized it, and blocked everything. You can't even search for her anymore, which is a wise move on her part. I have a feeling Charlotte is on facebook, using a fake name...Kiki...but I'm not sure if it is legit her or not.

I'm sure that their money works for them instead of them working for their money.

A person may be loaded with money and still be an honest worker. :shock: After all, their father was also filthy rich and that didn't prevent him from being an hard working man, really, truly passionate for his job. :cool: Why can't AT LEAST one of the Casiraghi siblings be determinated to put him or herself through the test and prove his or her inner value, his or her worthyness besides daddy's money or mummy's family name?:author: Why can't one of them feel the need to prove himself or herself able to succeed in a certain area besides showing in art exhibitions, premieres, partying and traveling all the time? :ermm:
:books:

We can't be judged them, we only know some of the things of their lives. One thing is to criticize their clothes or something like that and another to judge aspirations, knowledge, skills...

When appear pics of them on the beach or in the snow, we are always saying that they are always of vacations, but I go to the beach every weekend... What I want to say with all of this is they don't do things so different the rest of people.

The job doesn't make you best person. Anyway, we don't know if they work.

I'm sorry for my English. I'd like to be able to speak at length, but my limited English doesn't allow me.:sad:

A person may be loaded with money and still be an honest worker. :shock: After all, their father was also filthy rich and that didn't prevent him from being an hard working man, really, truly passionate for his job. :cool: Why can't AT LEAST one of the Casiraghi siblings be determinated to put him or herself through the test and prove his or her inner value, his or her worthyness besides daddy's money or mummy's family name?:author: Why can't one of them feel the need to prove himself or herself able to succeed in a certain area besides showing in art exhibitions, premieres, partying and traveling all the time? :ermm:

I agree, to a certain extent. I don't believe that there are many expectations for legacy or dynasty children - where generations prior built a business and/or was born a royal - I believe that a truly determined person (rich, royal, or children of celebrities) makes their own way and LEGITIMATELY earns their own money (not paid to appear places, based on their name); maybe they earn a degree and run the family business or start their own business - if they are royal or the child of a celebrity, maybe they go in a direction so that they can stand out and be their own person and earn everyone's respect. In many instances, however, it is laziness or entitlement that keeps them from truly becoming a contributing citizen.

I believe Stefano didn't grow up with money- he (and clearly the rest of the Casiraghis of that generation) had very good business sense, thus were able to make lots of money with their hard work and determination.

Hmmm - I can't imagine Char and her brothers being paid to attend fashion shows or club events, but if they are, I hope the $$ goes to their chosen charity, rather than in their own pocket.
I can't imagine that either, and agree 100%.

I'm sure that their money works for them instead of them working for their money.

Agreed. I'm sure they aren't on the Palace's payroll as it is their civic duty as Grimaldi's/ niece and nephews of the head of state in a monarchy to do things like patronizing the marinetime police and Pro-Am Cup (both Charlotte's events...any idea what Pierre and Andrea patronize in Monaco??), etc....

I believe Stefano didn't grow up with money- he (and clearly the rest of the Casiraghis of that generation) had very good business sense, thus were able to make lots of money with their hard work and determination. QUOTE]

As I understand it, Stefano came from a family of hard-working Milanese industrialists who were well-off, but nowhere near the stratosphere of wealth that Stefano achieved by working very hard himself and taking advantage of the opportunities being married to Caroline gave him.

Agreed. I'm sure they aren't on the Palace's payroll as it is their civic duty as Grimaldi's/ niece and nephews of the head of state in a monarchy to do things like patronizing the marinetime police and Pro-Am Cup (both Charlotte's events...any idea what Pierre and Andrea patronize in Monaco??), etc....

I have an idea as to Pierre... I want to look this up and check it out, but do you remember when Pierre did that ...... race event? He shot the pistol to start the race. Was it the Monaco Rally or something? I think maybe he is patron of that.....

The Casiraghis are not a reality TV show. The truth is we know very little about them. Just because they don't publicize everything they do, doesn't mean they aren't doing anything. We do know that all 3 of them attended at least some university. We also know that Andrea interned at the Qatar Embassy, Pierre has been handed one of his father's companies and that Charlotte has been riding year round for 2 years and doing some jouralism work. They also have official duties that they perform for Monaco each year. I think it's highly unfair to brand them as lazy.

I believe Stefano didn't grow up with money- he (and clearly the rest of the Casiraghis of that generation) had very good business sense, thus were able to make lots of money with their hard work and determination. QUOTE]

As I understand it, Stefano came from a family of hard-working Milanese industrialists who were well-off, but nowhere near the stratosphere of wealth that Stefano achieved by working very hard himself and taking advantage of the opportunities being married to Caroline gave him.

Exactly what I'm saying...the Casiraghi money wasn't "inherited" they worked for it. I read somewhere that Stefano had a dream of making lots of money someday...meaning he didn't grow up in luxury....

I have an idea as to Pierre... I want to look this up and check it out, but do you remember when Pierre did that ...... race event? He shot the pistol to start the race. Was it the Monaco Rally or something? I think maybe he is patron of that.....

could it be the ralley de Monte Carlo Historique, perhaps? I think it takes place in January....

The Casiraghis are not a reality TV show. The truth is we know very little about them. Just because they don't publicize everything they do, doesn't mean they aren't doing anything. We do know that all 3 of them attended at least some university. We also know that Andrea interned at the Qatar Embassy, Pierre has been handed one of his father's companies and that Charlotte has been riding year round for 2 years and doing some jouralism work. They also have official duties that they perform for Monaco each year. I think it's highly unfair to brand them as lazy.
I never implyed "lazy" or that they don't do anything whatsoever. What is unfair is people branding them as socialites...when in reality, they are royalty. There's a difference.

Exactly what I'm saying...the Casiraghi money wasn't "inherited" they worked for it. I read somewhere that Stefano had a dream of making lots of money someday...meaning he didn't grow up in luxury....

Stefano was born into a wealthy family: her mother inherited a flourishing company from her aunt and uncle, her parents had died when she was very young. Stefano's father, a son of a railwayman, and an ex-primary school teacher, was a self made man instead.

However Stefano was reported to always have worked to earn his living while he was a student. His ex- girlfriends also said that he was the one who did the housework as well. So he was sort of trained by his family to work. That was a consolidated tradition with most families in the Italian North to teach their kids to be independent, were they rich or not. Today things have changed a bit, I'm afraid... The male members of the Agnelli family always start their training by working at the FIAT or PIAGGIO (Vespa) assembly lines.

Charlotte and Pauline

Does anybody know whether or not Charlotte and Pauline get along? Ive never even seen pictures of Charlotte with Stephanie, let alone Charlotte and Pauline. Do they actually hang out?

I don't think they hang out, i think they have a normal cousin relationship. They move in different social circles, so i guess they don't have too much common...

I don't think they hang out, i think they have a normal cousin relationship. They move in different social circles, so i guess they don't have too much common...

Yeah, but I was thinking and I thought it was weird the two havent ever been seen together. I mean, with all these parties and stuff you'd think they'd be photographed once. but like you said, i dont think the circumstances let them share interests.

Yes, well, i remember they were photographed in 2005 for their uncle's coronation :( i guess we'll see them together in the wedding. But i don't think the relationship is more than a "hello"

Edit:
Here a pic of Charlotte and Pauline (with Louis) when they were kids:
Char-Pau
And in 2005 in Albert's coronation:
Steph-Char-Pau

I couldn't find more than this.

Also, there is enough of an age gap that they probably do not have much in common. Char has completed (some) college and is living outside Monaco w/a boyfriend (Alex); Pauline may just be starting to date (how old is she?), and is concentrating on school/school-related activities; still lives home....different stages of their lives, more so than bad blood, I would imagine separates them.

Their mothers live next door to each other. I am sure they see each other, but in private. The two families seem to split up their duties so that everyone doesn't have to go to everything. Stephanie has also tried to keep her children out of the public eye until recently. As her kids get older it seems they are slowly being photographed more.

what does the mean of their surname "Casiraghi" ?

Yes, well, i remember they were photographed in 2005 for their uncle's coronation :( i guess we'll see them together in the wedding. But i don't think the relationship is more than a "hello"

Edit:
Here a pic of Charlotte and Pauline (with Louis) when they were kids:
Char-Pau
And in 2005 in Albert's coronation:
Steph-Char-Pau

I couldn't find more than this.

thanks a lot for those pictures! i loved the one in which they're at the beach!!:flowers: and yes, i do think the wedding will be an opportunity for more pictures! ahah

Charlotte,Andrea and Pierre casiraghi are royal by blood and are a good looking trio I guess they inherited grandma grace kelly's beauty. G

why do the Casiraghis sometimes shorten their last name and use "casi" instead? is this some sort of Italian thing to do? haha

They don't shorten their names. The press and fans do. The one exception I can think of is when they were in primary school in San Remy. That was for privacy.

Charlotte,Andrea and Pierre casiraghi are royal by blood and are a good looking trio I guess they inherited grandma grace kelly's beauty. G

they are good-looking. I have inherited good-genes both mother's and father's side. Stefano was so good-looking, too. I think he is the most handsome man among Caroline's all of boy-friends, husbands etc..

I asked about this before. Our Italian members informed me it seemed to be his patron saint medal, which a lot of Italian people wear on their necks. :)

Thanks! Now...who is his patron saint? Are we going by whoever's feast day is on his birthday?

Pierre's patron saint must be Saint Peter (San Pietro).

Charlotte is the editor of the magazine "GCT Life"

Global Champions Tour, leading equestrian brand and elite international show jumping organisation, will unveil its stunning new magazine GCT Life at its hotly anticipated Valencia leg this week (6-8 May).

The upscale publication, which is the brainchild of Monaco’s Charlotte Casiraghi and the Tour’s founder, former Olympic gold medallist Jan Tops, is a stylish window on the world of top-level equestrian sport and the sophisticated lifestyle that surrounds it.

GCT Life, created by a renowned team of writers, designers and contributors, showcases the luxury, glamour and excellence synonymous with the Formula 1 of the equestrian world.

Jan Tops said: “I am proud and delighted that this vision is now a reality. It is a statement of our intent, and a tribute to how far the Tour has come, that a publication of GCT Life’s elegance and distinct quality is now up and running.

“I am grateful to Charlotte Casiraghi, the Editor of this first edition, for guiding the project from start to finish and putting together such a talented team with world famous contributors.”

GCT Life features exclusive interviews with celebrities who are passionate about horses, such as Stella McCartney, and high profile figures at the heart of the most prestigious and richest show jumping tour on the international calendar, including Edwina Alexander and Jan Tops himself.

From Gucci to Hermès, GCT Life celebrates the classic equestrian heritage that has inspired and influenced some of the world’s leading fashion houses.

The stunning destinations of the 2011 Global Champions Tour are spotlighted, along with unique insider guides to the amazing locations for this year’s circuit.

The magazine offers a glimpse into the Tour’s chic social scene and previews all the news and sporting drama ahead.

Furthermore, GCT Life pays homage to the magnificence of the horse. Charlotte Casiraghi, Editor of GCT Life and a regular competitor on the Global Champions Tour, said: “Equestrian sport’s popularity is on the rise again, which is owed in no small part to the excitement generated by the Global Champions Tour.

“Horse riding has always been synonymous with high fashion, glamour and a desirable lifestyle. The magazine aims to provide both those that are passionate as well as those that are curious about equestrian life with a thrilling, in-depth experience of what it’s all about.

“I want to thank Jan Tops for this unique opportunity and to pay tribute to my team of illustrious contributors.”

Editors Note: The GCT Life team:

Editor - Charlotte Casiraghi

Deputy Editor - Oonagh Blackman

Art Director and Designer- Matilda Saxow Creative Direction - Meri Media Illustrations City Guide – Ricardo Fumanal Illustrations News – James Graham Contributors – Oliver Lloyd, Luke Leitch, Annie Lever, Stefano Grasso, Katrina Bignasca, Muftie Aplin.

The Global Champions Tour is in its sixth season and is firmly established at the forefront of world show jumping.

The 2011 Global Champions Tour has 10 events in nine countries with total prize money of around € 7 million - with € 1 million divided among the 18 highest ranked GCT riders at the conclusion of the series.

Each of the 10 events will be broadcast by Eurosport across 59 countries and live streaming of the show jumping action can be viewed from the dedicated website www.globalchampionstour.com.

Spectacular venues and breathtaking locations around the world play host to each leg of the Global Champions Tour, creating a fabulous atmosphere for thrilling, top-level show jumping.

Global Champions Tour 2011 Events

Doha, Qatar March 17-19 Valencia, Spain May 6-8 Hamburg, Germany June 1-5 Cannes, France June 9-11 Monte Carlo, Monaco June 23-25 Estoril, Portugal July 1-2 Chantilly, France July 22-24 Valkenswaard, The Netherlands August 12-14 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil September 2-4 Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, November 10-12

GLOBAL CHAMPIONS TOUR LAUNCHES STYLISH NEW MAGAZINE WITH ALL-STAR LINE-UP

Last edited:
:previous: Well, go Charlotte! It's great that she's supporting the sport in an editorial way, too - she's on the ground as a competitor, talking to her competition (trainers, etc) - she's got a great bird's eye view of the competition and equestrian sports, first hand. Her experience lends credibility to her role as editor - wonderful!!

Back
Top Bottom