Princess Caroline‘s Role in Monaco

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ernstie

He's definitely, or was born a German citizen, because he was born there..... his sons born in Germany too, his daughter in Austria.

He was born to German-born parents, but I'm assuming the Electress Sophia descendant thing applied to his father, so he could have been a dual citizen...

He has some property in the UK which would give him residence (he never filed to reclaim for the Cumberland estate right?)
Sort of like Mo Fayed or Abramovich, with lots of property, even ownership and employer of British citizens, but not actually citizen himself?

I have another subject to post here. It's supposed to be funny. It's a list of "outrageous" things the Casiraghis do/don't have to do/put up with that others do or don't have to endure: http://www.casiraghifanclub.com/outrageous.html
I hope you enjoy it!

He's definitely, or was born a German citizen, because he was born there..... his sons born in Germany too, his daughter in Austria.

He was born to German-born parents, but I'm assuming the Electress Sophia descendant thing applied to his father, so he could have been a dual citizen...

He has some property in the UK which would give him residence (he never filed to reclaim for the Cumberland estate right?)
Sort of like Mo Fayed or Abramovich, with lots of property, even ownership and employer of British citizens, but not actually citizen himself?

I have another subject to post here. It's supposed to be funny. It's a list of "outrageous" things the Casiraghis do/don't have to do/put up with that others do or don't have to endure: http://www.casiraghifanclub.com/outrageous.html
I hope you enjoy it!
You're probably right about EA....
So, in essace... is this what we've determined?
Caro: Monaco citizenship and passport
Ernest IV: German citizen, british/german passport<s>?
Ernest Jr:German citizen, german passport
Chris:German citizen, german passport
Andrea: Monaco/Italy? citizenship, Monaco passport
Charlotte:Monaco/Italy? citizenship, Monaco passport
Pierre:Monaco/Italy? citizenship, Monaco passport
Alex:Monaco/Germany? citizenship, Monaco passport

Now-what about the Ducruet-Gottlieb crowd? Probably all Monaco citizens/passports... right? Isn't Daniel Italian? Wouldn't that entitle Pauline and Louis to Italy citizenship/passports? And Gottlieb? Any ideas?

CT: LOVE the outrageous things page...
A few more:
Stuoid annoying things they likely never deal with:
-making a hotel reservation- they call someone, who calls someone else, who sets it up, and all they do is show up
-having someone say "no" when they ask them for a date
-have Mama say no to an expensive thing they want.
-Four Words: Department. Of. Motor. Vehicles. Bet they’ve never had to wait in line to get registration renewed, or even their license.
... they have to endure that common mortals, in general, don’t have to deal with
-having their own wikipedia page, with all of their personal information on it-education, relationship status...etc.
Have they ever...?
-cleaned their rooms without having some do it for them?
-been grounded when getting caught doing something Mama didn't like/approve of?

Ernst can't have dual citizenship because the UE forbids such a thing.
You can have a dual citizenship if one of them is from one UE country and the other one from a not UE country. But you can''t have german and british citizenship.

You're probably right about EA....
So, in essace... is this what we've determined?
Caro: Monaco citizenship and passport
Ernest IV: German citizen, british/german passport<s>?
Ernest Jr:German citizen, german passport
Chris:German citizen, german passport
Andrea: Monaco/Italy? citizenship, Monaco passport
Charlotte:Monaco/Italy? citizenship, Monaco passport
Pierre:Monaco/Italy? citizenship, Monaco passport
Alex:Monaco/Germany? citizenship, Monaco passport

Now-what about the Ducruet-Gottlieb crowd? Probably all Monaco citizens/passports... right? Isn't Daniel Italian? Wouldn't that entitle Pauline and Louis to Italy citizenship/passports? And Gottlieb? Any ideas?

CT: LOVE the outrageous things page...
A few more:
Stuoid annoying things they likely never deal with:
-making a hotel reservation- they call someone, who calls someone else, who sets it up, and all they do is show up
-having someone say "no" when they ask them for a date
-have Mama say no to an expensive thing they want.
-Four Words: Department. Of. Motor. Vehicles. Bet they’ve never had to wait in line to get registration renewed, or even their license.
... they have to endure that common mortals, in general, don’t have to deal with
-having their own wikipedia page, with all of their personal information on it-education, relationship status...etc.
Have they ever...?
-cleaned their rooms without having some do it for them?
-been grounded when getting caught doing something Mama didn't like/approve of?

I love the Wikipedia one!! :lol: And the hotel reservation is very good one! Can I add them?

About citizenship, Caroline and Casiraghi trio and Alexandra could also have French citizenship, which I think is extended to all Monegasque citizens.

Trep, thanks for clearing it up about German/British. So you could in theory be a dual citizen of the US and an EU country, but not two EU countries. I got it. Also, at least for the US, you can only be a dual citizen as long as you are a minor. So Caroline, though her other was a US citizen, can only be Monegasque/French citizen.

I guess the Casiraghis could not be Monegasque/French/Italian citizens because, as Trep pointed out, that's impossible under the EU rule.

I love the Wikipedia one!! :lol: And the hotel reservation is very good one! Can I add them?

About citizenship, Caroline and Casiraghi trio and Alexandra could also have French citizenship, which I think is extended to all Monegasque citizens.

Trep, thanks for clearing it up about German/British. So you could in theory be a dual citizen of the US and an EU country, but not two EU countries. I got it. Also, at least for the US, you can only be a dual citizen as long as you are a minor. So Caroline, though her other was a US citizen, can only be Monegasque/French citizen.

I guess the Casiraghis could not be Monegasque/French/Italian citizens because, as Trep pointed out, that's impossible under the EU rule.

Exactly. Actually it works the same way than in the US. You can have dual citizenship (from two UE countries) while you are a minor. When you turn 18 you have to choose.
But you can have, for example an american and european citizenship at the same time if the law of those 2 countries allows it.

CT: Yes, definately. :ROFLMAO: I was hoping you would.
And I think you can also be a dual as an adult, if you chose to in the US. I used to work for a lady who was born in England, has two daughters (now 22 and 27) and all three of them still hold dual US-British citizenship/passports, and a girl I went to high school with also holds dual German/US Citizenship/passports.

So okay, let's try this:
ALL of them hold Monaco passports/citizenships only, but may have residency in any EU country (France, England, Italy) due to the laws of the EU....sound reasonable enough? As for Ernest and the boys...perhaps German with residency in England/Austria??

As I said, Monaco is technically part of France according to EU law anyway. So the idea of them having French citizenship as well as Monégasque citizenship is kind of redundant.
My guess would be that all of them (Caroline, Andrea, Charlotte, Pierre and Alex) only have Monégasque citizenship, which is effectively French citizenship and allows them to live and work in other EU countries without applying for residency (another such case of this type of law, if you're interested, exists between Australia and New Zealand, where "Special Category Visas" are issued automatically on arrival by a citizen of either country when they arrive in the other). I doubt there is any "special law" for the Grimaldis and their families allowing them to possess dual nationality were other citizens are not allowed to. And of course, under the constitution, Monégasques automatically forfeit their right to Monaco citizenship if they acquire a foreign nationality. And heirs to the throne are required to possess Monégasque citizenship to be eligible.
As for the Hannovers - my guess is they have German citizenship and live/work in England under EU laws.

No one has French citizenship. France and Monaco are entirely separate countries.

In EU terms, they're not. Monaco is included as part of France's borders under the EU's laws. Therefore, Monaco is a de facto member of the European Union but as part of France. So they're technically viewed as French citizens. That's what I was getting at. :flowers:

I have to admit that i've searched for the Casiraghis' twitter. Andrea apparently has one, but he has protected all his tweets.
Maybe that's Pierre's twitter. Charlotte doesn't seem to have one.

I doubt it's his twitter. If it was why would he have a pap pic as a profile pic and why would all of his posts be in english.

Yeah I'm not sure if it's real, but it might be because some of the other ppl he's tweeted with/following are his friends and their accounts appear to be real...like Robert Kanjjic who is Julia Restoin-Roitfeld's boyfriend, and Felix and Cecile Winckler. But I don't know because you would think he would make his private, or at least put it under a different name. Andrea's is under ACasiraghi. It looks like Beatrice has one too. Sorry if this is considered speculation.

Of course, if your mom and dad can support you, you may have fun until you are 40, your brothers, Charlotte and everyone. Things are not diffrerent in Argentina, things are like this in REAL life. In real life, people have to make a career and get a job in their 20´s. And I doubt the Casiraghi´s know what it is. So, it´s my opinion, I will appreciate you don´t add expressions like "craziest" or similar, just because you don´t share them.

In fact, i am not expecting anything from the Casiraghi´s. They are not different from most royals, they live from what they have inherited.
Fabulous post and I agree wholeheartedly!

The Casiraghis have a job. They all work for Prince Albert. That is why Andrea and Charlotte have done magazine articles. That is why they are slowly taking over some of the smaller Monaco jobs. Do you think Charlotte wore a police uniform for fun? When Charlotte started going to fashion shows PC stopped. When Charlotte stopped going Andrea and Tatiana started going. This is not a coincidence. The royal family is very good at getting free publicity for Monaco. They do have inheritances but I am sure they are also on the government payroll.

Yeah I'm not sure if it's real, but it might be because some of the other ppl he's tweeted with/following are his friends and their accounts appear to be real...like Robert Kanjjic who is Julia Restoin-Roitfeld's boyfriend, and Felix and Cecile Winckler. But I don't know because you would think he would make his private, or at least put it under a different name. Andrea's is under ACasiraghi. It looks like Beatrice has one too. Sorry if this is considered speculation.

Note that if you look at @ACasiraghi's followers...he is following @PierreRCasiraghi, @BeaBorromeo, @MissoniClan, and @CecileWinckler ...none of which have the "verified account" staple from Twitter. I have high doubts ANY of them are real.

Pauline's however, I'm pretty sure is legit her. She's not on twitter much though, I think she's more of a facebook type.
I just did a search for Charlotte (and the others) on twitter and came up with about 20 results...none of which appear to be legit.

So here's the breakdown on profiles:
Andrea:
-Twitter:4 (none of which appear to be legit, imho)
-Facebook profiles:106 (again...none of which appear to be legit)

Charlotte:
-Twitter:9 (none look legit)
-Facebook:45 (again...none)

Pierre:
-Twitter: 1 (possible, but I doubt it)
-Facebook: 13 (none)

Jazmin Grace:
-Twitter: 0 (possible, but I'm doubting it..she may be blocked)
-Facebook: 1 (possible, but I'm doubting it..she may be blocked)

Louis:
-Twitter:1 (no)
-Facebook:4 (1 is definitely his)

Pauline:
-Twitter:1 (yes...I'm pretty sure)
-Facebook:7 listed, hers is blocked (I'm 99% on this one she does have one, and it is blocked)

Camille:
-Twitter: 0( enough said)
-Facebook:14 (yes, one is legit, but not listed as she spells her name differently on her profile)

Alexandra:
-Twitter: 0( enough said)
-Facebook:0 (enough said)

Pretty sure that Camille and Jazmin have Facebook. Don't know about Twitter and don't really care to be honest. Andrea's looks legit enough (I'm never certain on these things). Have you seen his user pic? That's not a paparazzi pic, methinks. ;)

That picture was an old photo leaked from facebook.
Pierre (and Beatrice, Andrea, etc.)'s twitters are fake, IMHO. Pierre, for example, is following a fake Gemma Ward, a fake Bar Rafaeli, etc. Also, none of the twitter's are verified which is how you tell if a celebrity's account on twitter is real.

Pretty sure that Camille and Jazmin have Facebook. Don't know about Twitter and don't really care to be honest. Andrea's looks legit enough (I'm never certain on these things). Have you seen his user pic? That's not a paparazzi pic, methinks. ;)
That is definately a pic from 2004 or 05 when he was in University in Montreal. He was wearing "I love NY" t-shirt. If anyone knows which ones I'm talking about? Definitely doubt it's a legit one.

re: Twitter accounts. They are posting in English. Why would they post in English when their native language is French? I find it suspect. They seldom if ever speak to the press, why would they want to twitter and expose themselves to the press who will follow them? The puzzle pieces don't fit. JMO

since the entire jet-set crowd speaks english openly there, he does too. But honestly, judging from these things he put there, I kinda think he's a total dummy :ROFLMAO:

Him or not him, let's just drop it.

Hmm, you've got a point about the English thing. I don't know. And like I said, I don't really care. :flowers:

I agree.
Camille definitely has one, as her older brother and sister have one. Jazmin...not so sure.

That picture was an old photo leaked from facebook.
Pierre (and Beatrice, Andrea, etc.)'s twitters are fake, IMHO. Pierre, for example, is following a fake Gemma Ward, a fake Bar Rafaeli, etc. Also, none of the twitter's are verified which is how you tell if a celebrity's account on twitter is real.
EXACTLY.

re: Twitter accounts. They are posting in English. Why would they post in English when their native language is French? I find it suspect. They seldom if ever speak to the press, why would they want to twitter and expose themselves to the press who will follow them? The puzzle pieces don't fit. JMO
I agree-the pieces don't fit. Even on Pauline's she speaks a mix of French and English.

You are right, but on the other side, they have many friends on Twitter (IF real) not french speaker, but English! So every one understands English, not everyone French.
But for me is suspect that (out of Andrea) in ex. Pierre, the account is open! They should know that peole will get in.:eek:

I think if any of the Casiraghis use a social networking site, they use fake names, and since they are multilingual, they will use, most primarily, English and French in their common speech, and some Italian, and maybe Pierre would use more Italian than the others. Most Monegasques speak a mix of all their languages anyway, not just one thing. They have friends all over the planet. Like fandesa... says, they will speak English a lot because it's a common language for a lot of people.

The Ducruet kids, Michael and Louis and Pauline, definitely have facebook. You can look at their profile and see it's real and they have all the right privacy settings and seem to be very discreet, which is good. Camille use it too. Well, Michael is not very discreet with his, though! But there doesn't seem to be any harm in it.

Last edited:
Yes, they have ready money from their family. I don't want to seem mean, but that's the true. And i don't blame them either. Maybe i would do the same thing if i were in their place. They don't need to work in order to gain money, but they have to make them more, if they wish to have them for their whole llife. Investments etc..

I'm sure that their money works for them instead of them working for their money.

Back
Top Bottom