The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-16-2016, 11:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Plus: they both married ladies from mega-rich families (Tatiana Santo Domingo and Donna Beatrice Borromeo).

You can't even compare Tatiana Santo Domingo's money to Borromeo's money. Santo Domingo wins hands down.

Old 07-16-2016, 04:34 PM
Nobility

anacapri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talitha View Post
You can't even compare Tatiana Santo Domingo's money to Borromeo's money. Santo Domingo wins hands down.
What do you mean, Talitha?

Old 07-16-2016, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Tatiana's grandfather was the 2nd richest man in his country. She made the Forbes list with her brother and Uncles, since inheriting his fortune. Forbes puts her personal wealth at 2.4 Billion USD (and growing).

The Borromeo's may be rich, another branch owns islands, but Tatiana is most certainly in another league. Heck she is richer than Albert.
Old 07-16-2016, 05:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Tatiana's grandfather was the 2nd richest man in his country. She made the Forbes list with her brother and Uncles, since inheriting his fortune. Forbes puts her personal wealth at 2.4 Billion USD (and growing).

The Borromeo's may be rich, another branch owns islands, but Tatiana is most certainly in another league. Heck she is richer than Albert.
Oh, thank you very much for this information !!
Very interesting !!
Old 07-21-2016, 10:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri View Post
What do you mean, Talitha?

I mean that Tatiana is far, far richer than Beatrice.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talitha View Post
I mean that Tatiana is far, far richer than Beatrice.
Thank you very much, Talitha! I didn't know that.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:21 PM
Gentry

Do anyone know if Charlotte drives?
I remember seeing her long time ago in Monaco going to her classes but I have never seen her driving either her car if she has one...
Old 12-07-2016, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

How is the relationship between Karl Lagerfeld and Charlotte C. ?
Old 12-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
How is the relationship between Karl Lagerfeld and Charlotte C. ?
For what I can tell you he just made the photos for her last interview in Vogue Paris. Yesterday I put the link in Charlotte´s cover thread if you are interested. So I understand they are still close friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
The Casiraghis don't speak fluent German but their mother does. I saw a youtube clip where she is in a deep, philosophical conversation about art. It was about an hour long and it was in flawless German.

And since German is the native language of Ernst, I am surprised to hear that he and Caroline mostly spoke English together.

She totally can speak german and I would say quite well however I think it is dificult for her to keep talking during a long time cos in this AMADE act she changes into english in a couple of minutes.

You can see how there is need of a traductor for ppl in the room when she talks in english so it makes no sense to change the language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
Charlotte's duties aren't just appearing at events in Monaco. Monaco's whole marketing image is based on glamour. By appearing at fashions shows, art gallery openings, riding, doing interviews in magazines like Vogue and Elle she is soft selling Monaco as a glamorous place with a glamorous family. Her grandmother and mother did exactly the same thing. The problem is the women of Monaco don't like being perceived as empty headed socialites so they try to counteract it. Theytry to counteract it by controlling the interview but that doesn't really work either. The media is committed to the fairytale and oversell everything. I don't think Charlotte is trying to come accross as an intellectual or a better rider than she really is. She just doesn't want to be perceived as a shallow socialite.

Am I the only business major on this blog? That is one of the things that fascinates me about Monaco; what good business people they are. Their only assets are the sun, the sea and the royal family but they have leveraged those assets to the maximum effect. The US on the other hand has abundant assets and has managed to waste most of them.

Again Trep Step and Lovely Kate you two mostly assume the worst and I am overly optimistic about Charlotte. I have a feeling the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.
Another business major here and me too, I am utterly fastinated by their business, specially Caroline and Charlotte´s Monaco`s representation business. I truly believe they both are who sell the glamour that the others business need in order to be sucessful if you know what I mean. I always have thought that Grace-Caroline-Charlotte have been an authentic blessing for Monaco.

However I read and listen to Charlotte`s speeches in her interviews as sponsor of the philosophical meetings and... I need to wait until I form my full opinion but I fear she has the same level as rider: sponsor level only

I am not Socrates myself at-all but I am not even sure if she is saying something when she is talking sometimes...
Old 03-19-2017, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness

Dear members,
i was looking for some information about Beatrice and i am very interested in listening to some of her interview (also while being a broadcaster and being featured in Anno Zero) but unfortunately i cannot understand anything, since my Italian skills are limited (awful ).

Could some of the Italian members, also the other members who might know things about Bea, what exactly she was doing in the TV? And what were her beliefs? She was strongly against Berlusconi -I would really like to learn more about it.

There is also an another talk of her here:

Also, she started being a model very young and she was doing it professionally? I have heard she was doing it for 'covering' her expenses while studying Law in Milano.

Apparently, she has also been the co-author of a book https://www.amazon.de/Italia-Anno-Ze...trice+borromeo

Here is a small biography I found: http://frostsnow.com/beatrice-borromeo
Old 03-20-2017, 11:39 AM
Gentry

I am in the same situation as you.
I was watching an interview about a book she wrote with a man? I am not sure or only the man wrote the book but they were investigating together....it was about the Berlusconi sad matter with little children or something similar as I could understand ( I know Spanish but it does not mean you can understand Italian 100% so I have big gaps in the information at least for now). I was very surprised how secure she talks as she knew a lot and as she was sure she had read and investigated a lot etc and I was wondering if she is a deeply well-informed person or it was only a pose easy to take for a so beautiful aristocrat lady if you know what I mean. I would like to think in the first option as I quite like her.

I love the feminist T-shirt she wore the other day.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:54 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amermaid View Post
I am in the same situation as you.
I was watching an interview about a book she wrote with a man? I am not sure or only the man wrote the book but they were investigating together....it was about the Berlusconi sad matter with little children or something similar as I could understand ( I know Spanish but it does not mean you can understand Italian 100% so I have big gaps in the information at least for now). I was very surprised how secure she talks as she knew a lot and as she was sure she had read and investigated a lot etc and I was wondering if she is a deeply well-informed person or it was only a pose easy to take for a so beautiful aristocrat lady if you know what I mean. I would like to think in the first option as I quite like her.

Dear amermaid, happy to know I am not the only one .

If anyone knows something more about Beatrice, we would be more than welcome to listen!
I would also be interested in the way the Italian citizens see Beatrice. When did she start becoming popular?

What I found is that she is an envoy for Fashions for Development founded by Evie Evangelou: ABOUT F4D — Fashion 4 Development

Hereby is a small interview from Hello!:Monaco royal Beatrice Borromeo talks new human rights venture and her future with Pierre Casiraghi
where she mentioned this activity.

10 things we do not know about Bea (in German) http://www.bunte.de/monaco/beatrice-...in-105153.html

Plus Fotos; http://www.bunte.de/monaco/beatrice-...se-101359.html
Old 03-21-2017, 11:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amermaid View Post
That shirt is by Dior and costs about 500 USD. Supposedly proceeds of that go to charity, though I'm not entirely sure.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Pierre has to shop asap his many Boat regates etc...
Old 03-21-2017, 03:52 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
That shirt is by Dior and costs about 500 USD. Supposedly proceeds of that go to charity, though I'm not entirely sure.
Thanks for the information I have no idea it was a 500USD T-Shirt

Thanks for the links Azure.

Tags
car, charlotte casiraghi, volkswagen