The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Princess Caroline and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-09-2011, 01:58 AM
Courtier

Well that was a short goodbye, 24 hrs. later you're back, trepstrep. And just in time, as the *wedding* will be in less than 2 mos. away, therefore the more the merrier on TRF.

Regards this thread, you are entitled to your opinion(s), of course, trepstrep, but I think since you know so much about the world of horses you should start a magazine yourself. And what better place to begin than on the internet, perhaps with a short blog?

Myself, I give Charlotte the benefit of the doubt because I like her, her mother, her family, et al. Otherwise I wouldn't be posting here. :)

Old 05-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Serene Highness

I'm not sure where the confusion is - the following clearly lays out the intent of the magazine, and who it's geared toward. There are plenty of good industry reads out there (in the US Practical Horseman is excellent - contributions from George Morris, and other Olympic equestrians) - this magazine is not on a par with those; it may touch on serious clinical riding issues, but it also clearly states that it will include those in the world of fashion, etc who are influenced by the sport. I think Charlotte has found a way to combine her passion with her connections, and I don't think we should be knocking her for that.

GLOBAL CHAMPIONS TOUR LAUNCHES STYLISH NEW MAGAZINE WITH ALL-STAR LINE-UP - News - Global Champions Tour
The upscale publication, which is the brainchild of Monaco’s Charlotte Casiraghi and the Tour’s founder, former Olympic gold medallist Jan Tops, is a stylish window on the world of top-level equestrian sport and the sophisticated lifestyle that surrounds it.
GCT Life features exclusive interviews with celebrities who are passionate about horses, such as Stella McCartney, and high profile figures at the heart of the most prestigious and richest show jumping tour on the international calendar, including Edwina Alexander and Jan Tops himself.

Old 05-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Serene Highness

It's not a riding magazine. It's more a lifestyle magazine and venue for sponsors to advertise. They probably have something similar being sold at Formula 1, tennis, golf, etc tournaments. It introduces people to the sport of riding without getting technical and also provides info about the locations, fashion, etc. Kind of a "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" for its audience and a way to attract more sponsors to the GCT.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Nobility

Charlotte's weight secret...
here
And we know now that she is 1m64, she is smaller than her cousin Pauline (who is 1m66) but she's just 50kg when Pauline is 57kg

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Voltaire

My blog about Pauline
My channel about the Monaco princely family
Old 05-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh!!!! I really thought that she was taller. Not very much, but taller... I would say she was 1m68'.
For the weight it sounds credible. she is thin.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:53 PM
Majesty

Could someone translate that height into feet and inches, and the weight into pounds? Thanks!
Old 05-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by titiromi View Post
Charlotte's weight secret...
here
And we know now that she is 1m64, she is smaller than her cousin Pauline (who is 1m66) but she's just 50kg when Pauline is 57kg
I do not know if that article is believable. The people who have been with her say that she must be getting 1'68 cm. Apart, I don't think that she is a real fan of skiing and snowboarding, it’s been a long time since the last time we saw Charlotte practises snowboarding and she doesn't go skiing too often. She rides a horse more than once per week, or at least she says that in a couple of interview (Hola, Elle)
Old 05-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Could someone translate that height into feet and inches, and the weight into pounds? Thanks!
1,64 metres -> 5ft 38 in
50 kg -> 110 lbs
Old 05-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Nobility

How could they possibly know that?

Judging by all the pics at events with fashion people who are 170+ I'd say she's around 170 too.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Serene Highness

The height is definitely wrong. Princess Caroline is 5 foot 7 inches and Charlotte is within an inch of her height. There is no such thing as 5 foot 38 inches. 38 inches would be 3 foot 2 inches; 12 inches per foot. That article was made up.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Majesty

I always thought Caroline was 5'8"...maybe she just seems taller because her legs are so long?

But Charlotte is definitely close to her mother in height.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:23 PM
Serene Highness

I've never seen any of them in real life, so I can only see them in pictures. They wear such high heels at times (3+ inches), so I would put Princes Caro and Charlotte more like 5'5" or shorter - add 3 inches, and it makes them look approx 5'8". When you see pictures of Andrea and Pierre, they seem to tower over them, even when they have those heels on, so I would have put Andrea at 5'8" and Pierre closer to 5'10".....I have to rely on those that have seen them in real life, I guess, since pictures can also be deceiving.....
Old 05-19-2011, 04:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Charlotte is EXACTLY as her mother in height. I definitely do not bieleve the 1.64! I would say near 1.70.
Beatrice Borromoeo is 1.77, Charlotte does not look 13cm shorter!! She IS shorter but NOt so much.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseygal View Post
I've never seen any of them in real life, so I can only see them in pictures. They wear such high heels at times (3+ inches), so I would put Princes Caro and Charlotte more like 5'5" or shorter - add 3 inches, and it makes them look approx 5'8". When you see pictures of Andrea and Pierre, they seem to tower over them, even when they have those heels on, so I would have put Andrea at 5'8" and Pierre closer to 5'10".....I have to rely on those that have seen them in real life, I guess, since pictures can also be deceiving.....

True, but years ago I saw photos of Caroline standing barefoot in her kitchen(the one where her children were babies and playing on the floor nearby) next to then husband Stefano, who had on flat shoes...she was not that much shorter than Stefano, who was by most accounts a taller than average man.

I don't know about Charlotte, but I wouldn't be surprised if PC is much taller than 5'5''.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Serene Highness

I heard Princess Grace say in an interview that she was 5 foot 7 inches and her height was a problem in being cast for roles. Apparently alot of male movie stars are short. PC is very close in height to PG. Charlotte is very close in height to PC so Charlotte has to be in the 5'6" to 5'7" range. I think Andrea and Pierre are probably around 6 feet or above.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:53 PM
Courtier

Yes, that article is ignorant in terms of Charlotte's height, which is by all accounts at 5'7".

In fact a thorough search of the 'net will give the following heights:

Pierre Casiraghi = 6'1"
Prince Albert = 6'0"
Andrea Casiraghi = 6'0"
Charlene Wittstock = 5'10"
Prince Rainier = 5'7"
Princess Grace = 5'7"
Princess Caroline = 5'7"
Charlotte Casiraghi = 5'7"

And here are some pics for comparison's sake:

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/190916/CHARLENE-WITTSTOCK.jpg

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/A...77639_3145.jpg

Yet the following pictures prove that Prince Rainier was actually at least 2-inches taller than Princess Grace: hmmm...

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_xwI66oSTtdQ/Sr...s/DSCN3705.JPG

http://www.edwardquinn.com/Celebriti...t_143B_008.jpg

http://destinysbride.files.wordpress...=420&h=490

I suppose because Rainier was built more stout-like people tended to think of him as short when in reality he was around average height imho.
Old 05-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Serene Highness

Charlotte is a little smaller than Caroline, not much, probably 2cm.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Er, when i put 6'0'' to cm it gives me 1.55, which is impossible for Albert and Andrea to height that. Anybody knows the real convertion from inches to cm?
As Charlene is 1.78, in inches 5'10'', then 6'0'' must be 1.80? Comparing when she is by Albert side. And Andrea's side. So, Pierre must be like 1.85?
Old 05-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Serene Highness

5 foot 7 inches is 170 cm. 6 foot is 182 cm. Hope that helps.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanofMonaco View Post
5 foot 7 inches is 170 cm. 6 foot is 182 cm. Hope that helps.
Thanks!!

Tags
car, charlotte casiraghi, volkswagen